Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Tennocon 2022 Overview

32 minutes ago, FelisImpurrator said:

Gyre is good, Caliban is good, Yareli is not amazing but not remotely as terrible as people meme about. Literally another case of public opinion being uninformed.

Gyre is ok. They nerfed the one thing she was great at and now she’s not worth using since there’s so many other frames that are better than her that you get far earlier.

Caliban has the most potential rn. His 3 desperately needs to be reworked a little, his 2 needs that bug where it drops enemies fixed, and he needs a new 1.

Yarelis garbage. And there’s no excuse for her being garbage. She’s a raw damage and CC frame released in 2021. IDK how DE thought such minimal functionality was acceptable.

but for all these frames (and even Sevagoth) they made like a couple changes (Gyre only ever got that nerf) and DE swiftly forgot they existed. It sets a very bad precedent for all upcoming frames as it gives the impression that we shouldn’t expect any to be good or even improved post launch.

16 minutes ago, (XBOX)YoungGunn82 said:

With Steve, Geoff and Scott going over to soulframe, that’s a pretty big fricken deal. And a big kick in the balls for Warframe talent and innovation. Because it just is. 

If anything it could be the opposite. There could be opportunities for new life with new people looking at the game.

New perspective can be good. 

vor einer Stunde schrieb Luciole77:

Expected to see some sortie rework, more tenet or kuva weapons, eximus rework....railjack rework.

I was disappointed once again.

Yes. also uninteresting for me. kuva/tenet is much easier to implement than this.....
also, warframe has big problems with content. there is hardly anything to do if you play a little bit every day.

3 minutes ago, (XBOX)Cram Duahcim said:

If anything it could be the opposite. There could be opportunities for new life with new people looking at the game.

New perspective can be good. 

thats about how i see it

rebs been with the game a long time starting as an intern and now worked hard to be director, she voices spacemom, managed our community, spurs on the flow of the game and direction with lots of input and plays the game so she knows it well . i see this a a passing the torch. and steve will have more fun starting a new project that brings forth the creative juices. he was the driving force of warframes beginnings , doing the og pitch meetings and making a lot of the various ideas come to life 

vor 6 Minuten schrieb (XBOX)GearsMatrix301:

Gyre is ok. They nerfed the one thing she was great at and now she’s not worth using since there’s so many other frames that are better than her that you get far earlier.

Caliban has the most potential rn. His 3 desperately needs to be reworked a little, his 2 needs that bug where it drops enemies fixed, and he needs a new 1.

Yarelis garbage. And there’s no excuse for her being garbage. She’s a raw damage and CC frame released in 2021. IDK how DE thought such minimal functionality was acceptable.

but for all these frames (and even Sevagoth) they made like a couple changes (Gyre only ever got that nerf) and DE swiftly forgot they existed. It sets a very bad precedent for all upcoming frames as it gives the impression that we shouldn’t expect any to be good or even improved post launch.

I haven't seen gyre in game for months or more. that's not okay.
the same warframes are always played.

16 minutes ago, Venus-Venera said:

Yes. also uninteresting for me. kuva/tenet is much easier to implement than this.....
also, warframe has big problems with content. there is hardly anything to do if you play a little bit every day.

i think from my perspective thats accurate, the major reason probably is the studios pulled in a lot of directions what with the colab game, and the soulframe, and warframe, the devs have always had their hands full delivering warframe updates, and when they start making a new game , content drought usually follows due to stress on staff and resources, this was the same with keystone / amazing eternals (I was a tester there) , we had huge gaps in content and updates due to the staff being pulled in two directions . game did have potential but hey not everything is a success. now with tencents direct backing and the option of tencent, riot, ect studios under the same umbrella i think de has a huge opportunity to grow and expand to meet the new path they are heading towards  

16 minutes ago, Marvelous_A said:

Excalibur rework when and are we finally done with RJ?

excal update has me excited , i think pablo said its inline with the next update ? (not sure) prio post page 1 has a linked time 

Not sure where to post this but this thread is relevant to Soulframe.

The Soulframe Confirmation Email is broken, the [Confirm Email] box isn't linked to anything and is just a blank white box with text. I opened it in webviewer and it's just a regular text section. So alot of people are going to be confused and there's no "feedback" or "report an issue" for this yet.

Just now, (PSN)GEN-Son_17 said:

Steve is the same guy that has given us a 10 year running game that just had a virtual convention that would've had a sold out audience if not for a virus. Do not insult that man. The lich system was popular enough to have them create the Sisters version and we were well informed early on that Railjack, as well as Scarlet Spear, were groundbreaking systems that were going to be released buggy because they needed a large field of player environments in order to dial it in. Don't try to dismiss open communication and then decide to bash the guy who created the game. 

(I'm writing this in retrospect to my reply below. I'm kind of bitter about the state of the game and how it got here. You're not wrong, Steve was absolutely integral to crafting Warframe's universe and its systems, and was creative enough to bring it this far. His ambition undoubtedly brought Warframe the success that it sees to this day.)

Warframe is more than a one-man project. It's pretty clear that the wishful vision in his head never came close to reality. Warframe has been far from flawless, and frankly their success still feels like a fluke. The game has dealt with serious long-standing and repeating issues that always hold it back from meeting its potential. I have the belief that a lot of this is due to old-guard management and direction being out of touch with how modern video games are made.

Liches were inspired by Shadow of Mordor's kingpin system, a very sophisticated and elegant system that the game was basically built around, but it feels like Steve saw it and his only takeaway was having a special enemy with a random name harass you and be scary (on top of a very stupid and tragic copyright for kingpin's design). Liches were not necessarily popular, they were just the current content, they took a long time to finish, and their weapons were really good and worth the time. Many players that make it that far are deep in warframe's investment fallacies. Losing to your first lich was apparently a big hook for players too. The only thing I really cared about from sisters was having improved corpus weapons on the order of Kuva weapons.

Railjack actually had a decent foundation, but so many trivial problems kept getting in its way, on top of the bugs. Gian Point reduced the entire mode, and there was nothing worth your time anywhere in RJ... Fast forward and an attempt to resuscitate the mode was tried with added corpus content (DE always tries expensive revivals via content rather than the few tweaks that they actually need), only for some small changes to railjack chores and a reward bug make the Grineer modes finally shine through, and the corpus modes highly questionable. Orphix, a mode I genuinely enjoy, doesn't have the rewards to make it worth anyone's time, and so it's lost content... Even now, I don't think you can call Railjack a fun mode.

I think Warframe has survived on its potential this entire time. Warframe has a certain cycle of grief where players enjoy their first 100 or so hours of progress, stick with it because they've come this far, and become disappointed with the destination. No other game has such a creative setting and design. Who the heck would think "Space Ninja" and design it like Excalibur??? That was Warframe's potential. How is a space ninja supposed to move? Apparently Metroid screw attacks.

I might be a bit hard on Steve in some ways. Warframe's uniqueness could be his doing too, but don't underestimate the desire for a game's potential. I speak as a Star Citizen buyer, and I don't think you'd call Chris Roberts the same success man like you'd call Steve because Chris hasn't produced anything remotely close to his own vision, but I think they're similar. I've enjoyed some of my time with this game, but I don't think Warframe entirely deserved its success based on what it produced, rather it succeeded on what it might produce later. My issues with the game are also not solely Steve's fault, however I have a better impression of Rebecca's grasp on Warframe's state and hope she is more open to the commonly identified issues that have run with the game for years.

vor 3 Minuten schrieb (XBOX)brenon45:

Not sure where to post this but this thread is relevant to Soulframe.

The Soulframe Confirmation Email is broken, the [Confirm Email] box isn't linked to anything and is just a blank white box with text. I opened it in webviewer and it's just a regular text section. So alot of people are going to be confused and there's no "feedback" or "report an issue" for this yet.

For me the confirmation email worked fine (apart from the Soulframe website loading very slowly atm). Could also be a popup problem or you could try a different browser/device. (I opened the email with Outlook)

24 minutes ago, (XBOX)GearsMatrix301 said:

Nah.

Gyre "nerf" is barely noticeable. I forgot people's standards of "playable frame" tended to be "steel path endurance" or something, I guess. But I have an unfortunate bias in favor of real content (i.e., content that's actually designed to be played and therefore relevant), where if you use a better gun than the ACTUALLY bad Alternox, the bugfix just doesn't matter.

Caliban is good other than his 1 being basically unusable and the 2 bug, but the 2 bug is probably an issue with Lifted status and not the ability. His 3 is fine. They're cheap, quick to cast, and borderline indestructible aggro bait in, again, real content.

Yareli is, objectively, decent. If one's opinion is based on numbers and mechanics relative to real content, rather than feelings and inflated expectations of solo Level 9999 capability. Works fine in base Steel Path, augment is reasonably busted, good passive, actually fun as far as gimmick frames go.

Frames have been good with one unusably trash tier ability before. Excal is still good. Volt is still good. Gara is still good even though her main scaling mechanic is on the wrong side of garbage without the actual meme that is a rivened statstick. Sure, I want buffs to them so they can all be like Wukong instead, but within parts of the game that are relevant these kits are all fine.

Ya honestly I think Steve, Geoff and Scott leaving & Rebecca taking over is a VERY good thing. I think the boys made a good game & then over time had a lack of imagination & made a bunch of poor choices. I think having fresh talent come in with Rebecca (who has been here forever & knows the game top to bottom) leading them will be very good for warframe.

honestly, the only thing that upset me out of all the news I saw today, was baro being paywalled behind the tennocon pass, which I thought was pretty scummy of them to do.

I've been here forever & I try to support the game, but the new owners keep doing super sketchy stuff like this (last time was that lame event currency you had to pay for lol)

5 minutes ago, SparklesnChaos said:

Ya honestly I think Steve, Geoff and Scott leaving & Rebecca taking over is a VERY good thing. I think the boys made a good game & then over time had a lack of imagination & made a bunch of poor choices. I think having fresh talent come in with Rebecca (who has been here forever & knows the game top to bottom) leading them will be very good for warframe.

honestly, the only thing that upset me out of all the news I saw today, was baro being paywalled behind the tennocon pass, which I thought was pretty scummy of them to do.

I've been here forever & I try to support the game, but the new owners keep doing super sketchy stuff like this (last time was that lame event currency you had to pay for lol)

Baro being behind the Tennocon Digital Tickets isn't a new thing that the "new owners" did, its been like that since 2018.

https://warframe.fandom.com/wiki/TennoCon#TennoCon_Relay

I figured out the issue with the Soulframe confirmation email issue, you have to open the email or viewer of the page as a raw text format and pull the link manually from the 2 different column lines in the "Confirm Email"  section and remove the extra space between the lines and copy it to the url box manually to go to the confirmation page.

Looks promising but the frame that I was waiting for is a real disapointment. Why making a Werewolf frame like that ? Another female claw frame like Valkyr, Garuda or Khora ? And for the design when I think werewolf I don't think of... THAT. But I guess big tiddies fan service will always have the last word. As for Styanax I'm pretty hyped, a Spartan type frame can be cool to play. I really love the deluxe aspect of Xaku and I think that I will farm (her/him) just for that.

Archived