Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

So DE had a big challenge releasing New War and are now working on 3 titles?

RazerXPrime

42 minutes ago, Voltage said:

I was pretty excited for the game's future with the change-up, but an interview with Rebecca showed that she has been in her new role for a good 6 months now. That concerns me considering how AoZ has been received, especially with Void Sling released (which is still in a state of being a direct downgrade).

What? You don’t want anything and everything to be turned into vampires?

1 minute ago, (XBOX)GearsMatrix301 said:

What? You don’t want anything and everything to be turned into vampires?

Isnt it time to get over the whole Revenant thing by now.

I wonder if you happen to be an Old World dwarf at this point, cos you sure know how to hold a grudge!

52 minutes ago, Jarriaga said:

She has been in charge for 6 months according to Tactical Potato, DE just hadn't announced it yet. Timeline ads-up with Megan taking a more prominent live ops role alongside Reb earlier this year.

Two Steps Ahead.... That's Classic Mom... 😎

51 minutes ago, BansheePrime said:

Oh it is? Woops. I thought it was by Ryan Stefanelli, now seeing they are co.  

I even double checked before saying anything in case that was the case but only Ryan's name was showing up. 😡 

Ah yea and Joe is also founder. At any rate, if I mentioned Airship Syndicate it would have avoided confusion so that's on me.

1 hour ago, SneakyErvin said:

I dont know why people "worry". This is common among companies, especially after being successful with 1 game for such a long time. It's just the next step to branch out with more studios to handle other games to expand their library of titles, which currently isnt a big library.

I'm also not quite sure where the "big challenge" with releasing New War was to be seen. We had a pandemic going on, obviously it will result in challenges out of their hands when being forced to work from home. That really isnt an indicator of it having to do with the company. My cousin for instance works with designing, or well making schematics for rail junctions etc. She said while it was nice to be able to work from home, it was far more time consuming for the company, even though it is just blueprints/schamtics. Since they didnt have access to the office, or on the fly visits to enginnering to double check things. Now imagine you are about to do mocap and so on for a game, when you are restricted from meeting. Yeah, that isnt an easy transition when alot of what you have planned involves and flat out requires those things.

People should probably also listen better to what is being said and understand how a company works. It isnt positively the WF studio that will help Airship with their game, it will simply be people tied to DE as a whole. We dont even know what their partnership entails for that matter, if it is about engine usage, crossovers, or what. All we know for sure is that one guy from Airship has helped design the Wolf frame. My guess is the partnership between DE and Airship will be on an advisor level, since Airship said they are moving into online gaming, MMOs even.

In the end to make it really simple to understand, DE is the whole, while the people working on WF is only part of that whole, and the people that will work on SF will be another slice of that whole, and the people partnering up with Airship will be another slice of that whole, or possibly a slice of the other slices, but that we just dont know yet.

Not sure if worried is the correct word to describe how I myself feel about it. I'm sure they'll try to make the most of it. I'm just wondering what the game plan is and how people feel about it is all. In the end Steve leaving may have a bigger impact than split focus. But if they can handle developing two games then that's cool. I've looked at how WF has grown in the last years and I was always telling myself well I think DE can actually make a sort of RPG style game work so if they ever do I'd be interested. Although I do think they need to work on story delivery. Maybe WF is unique, but the delivery is allover the place and overly complicated. This is why a lot of players miss small things which have a big impact on the flow of the story. And that's a shame.

6 minutes ago, RazerXPrime said:

Not sure if worried is the correct word to describe how I myself feel about it. I'm sure they'll try to make the most of it. I'm just wondering what the game plan is and how people feel about it is all. In the end Steve leaving may have a bigger impact than split focus. But if they can handle developing two games then that's cool. I've looked at how WF has grown in the last years and I was always telling myself well I think DE can actually make a sort of RPG style game work so if they ever do I'd be interested. Although I do think they need to work on story delivery. Maybe WF is unique, but the delivery is allover the place and overly complicated. This is why a lot of players miss small things which have a big impact on the flow of the story. And that's a shame.

But it isnt "split focus". It's some people moving over to something new and isolated permanently. The WF team wont split their focus over two games, because it will be two different studios working on their own independent thing. And Steve leaving may have impact sure, but most we've seen as his focus over the last few years have been graphical updates and so on. So on the gameplay level I dont think it will have much impact. If anything, Scott moving over to Soulframe aswell will likely be more beneficial to WF, because it seems like his passion hasnt been there.

Just look at Railjack and Liches, where there were even imo unprofessional comments regarding our dislike towards certain things in the Lich system. And how many iterations RJ went through. Though with RJ I accept it, since it was like a new game inside the game. But the bullheadedness around liches was horrible. Now compare that to AoZ, a great update straight out the door, with a few gripes towards the reworked systems (operators and eximus). Things that got fixed and changed rather quickly. Zariman itself however was a great addition and one of the better releases. I think Deimos was the previous one I liked alot in comparison, since it also improved on several things that the other open world failed at for instance. And Zariman, while not an open world, feels like an open area done right, more so than PoE and OV. So I'm not really worried that Steve and Scott are transitioning to something else and handing those positions to Reb and Pablo, since for me, those two have done more positive for the game, either recently or earlier.

21 minutes ago, SneakyErvin said:

because it will be two different studios working on their own independent thing

Different sutdios =/= DIfferent teams. They'll release Soulframe under DE (the studio), but the teams are different.

7 minutes ago, vanaukas said:

Different sutdios =/= DIfferent teams. They'll release Soulframe under DE (the studio), but the teams are different.

Well yes teams would have been the more appropriate term since they'll all work at the same physical location.

9 hours ago, RazerXPrime said:

Thoughts?

my thoughts are that this could either go very well, or very bad, with no real space in between.

I've never seen anyone pull off two live service games at once: even Rockstar Games with all their funding and staff failed to do it, and I don't really count the mystery game done with Airship Syndicate since it's a collab, so both sides have input. if we're talking about DE alone, they just have Warframe's future and Soulframe to worry about, but the last time they tried to branch out was with The Amazing Eternals, whcih they had to cancel.

not saying it can't be done of course; DE proved everyone wrong by making a little-known F2P one of the greatest titles of it's kind and a consistent top 10 on Steam, but it's a Gamble with an Awful lot at stake. if soulframe flops -I'm hoping it doesn't, but if it does - then DE can always go back to Warframe exclusively. I for one am curious as to how thigns will go with Rebecca at the Helm and I'll try to support Soulframe any way I can since it looks interesting.

ultimately, this is either the beginning of the end, or a new beginning entirely,  only time will tell which one plays out.

DE needs to stop focusing on new content for the sake of new content and instead just make proper replayable content that isnt a grind fest of the same thing we’ve always done, which is clear brain dead ai mobs to the degree the game would basically play the same if it were a traditional point and click mmo. We need proper end game, and replayability is the metric there; quality, not quantity. Sometimes thats pvp, sometimes its rotating seasonal raid bosses, sometimes its both. Either way, it certainly isnt stupid operator content and it certainly isnt “kill x” or “defend y”. I dont want or even care about a new game. I want this one to be good. Currently it isnt so hopefully Steve being gone and rebecca in charge will usher that in, but im not holding my breath

1 hour ago, (PSN)robotwars7 said:

my thoughts are that this could either go very well, or very bad, with no real space in between.

I've never seen anyone pull off two live service games at once: even Rockstar Games with all their funding and staff failed to do it, and I don't really count the mystery game done with Airship Syndicate since it's a collab, so both sides have input. if we're talking about DE alone, they just have Warframe's future and Soulframe to worry about, but the last time they tried to branch out was with The Amazing Eternals, whcih they had to cancel.

not saying it can't be done of course; DE proved everyone wrong by making a little-known F2P one of the greatest titles of it's kind and a consistent top 10 on Steam, but it's a Gamble with an Awful lot at stake. if soulframe flops -I'm hoping it doesn't, but if it does - then DE can always go back to Warframe exclusively. I for one am curious as to how thigns will go with Rebecca at the Helm and I'll try to support Soulframe any way I can since it looks interesting.

ultimately, this is either the beginning of the end, or a new beginning entirely,  only time will tell which one plays out.

If Soulframe is an MMO then I'm not interested. MMO's are boring. They're all the same under the hood. Same boring lame questing system. Same Daily, weekly, monthly system built to make you feel like you lose out if you don't play. It's based on guilt and addiction and repetitiveness. They may look good, but I've tried enough of them to know that they all suck. And any new one will also suck. So if that's the route that DE takes with this game, then no cigar for me. Warframe is the only online game I play and it's a relaxing and forgiving game. Now if Soulframe was an actual RPG with a story and no online elements, then I'd be interested. 

I´m not aware of this " 3rd title " u speak of I thought the collab with the comic guy is just for the werewolf frame.

I don´t really have any hopes for Soulframe and I´m glad Steve and the other 2 are gone and Rebecca has taken over since she actually plays the game much more (she´s close to LR2 last time I saw) unlike the others who blatantly avoid the game and the community.

8 minutes ago, Mag_Gaming said:

I´m not aware of this " 3rd title " u speak of I thought the collab with the comic guy is just for the werewolf frame.

I don´t really have any hopes for Soulframe and I´m glad Steve and the other 2 are gone and Rebecca has taken over since she actually plays the game much more (she´s close to LR2 last time I saw) unlike the others who blatantly avoid the game and the community.

They're working on a game with Airship Syndicate (Also Joe Madureira). I don't know how much effort this will take from DE, but there was quite a bit of attention for this game during the Tennocon stream. I guess you must have missed that.

20 minutes ago, RazerXPrime said:

They're working on a game with Airship Syndicate (Also Joe Madureira). I don't know how much effort this will take from DE, but there was quite a bit of attention for this game during the Tennocon stream. I guess you must have missed that.

Lol so that´s what that was.

A partnership can mean anything from dev time (code, art, sound), to testing, to localisation, to marketing, to publishing, to networking, or whatever.

I doubt it means resources that are heavily tied up in, or bottlenecks for DE's own projects. It could just mean an agreement to promote each others' games (e.g. themed cosmetics - like they already have with other companies for colour pallettes, skins, etc). If it's a bit deeper than that, it'll be something DE has spare capacity for, which would normally be going under-utlized. For example, maybe DE has a localisation team that doesn't have a lot to do inbetween updates. Maybe DE's motion capture and voice recording studios are free a lot of the time.

Maybe that Tennocon vid was the entire "partnership". Maybe they have an agreement to get together for drinks once a year. Who knows. They haven't given any specifics.

13 hours ago, cute_moth.npc said:

To be honest with you the creative direction Warframe has been going in for a few years has already not felt super focused to me, I feel like the change up is probably a good thing.

I hope that Steve finds some new passion again with his Soulframe project and that Rebecca finds her focus and shakes some new life into Warframe!

I have bad news for you then, because in situations like this where major rolls are shifting on to new people, its all but guaranteed that the people taking over have been vetted and tested to see if they can handle the new position before any kind of decision is made.

So chances are Reb has been the acting creative director for a while now, just without the title, to see if she is up to the job. I would assume Pablo is taking over for Scott, so he has probably been testing out Scotts shoes for a while too.

27 minutes ago, IggySnow said:

I have bad news for you then, because in situations like this where major rolls are shifting on to new people, its all but guaranteed that the people taking over have been vetted and tested to see if they can handle the new position before any kind of decision is made.

So chances are Reb has been the acting creative director for a while now, just without the title, to see if she is up to the job. I would assume Pablo is taking over for Scott, so he has probably been testing out Scotts shoes for a while too.

Rebbs been secretly(to us until yesterday) in the role for the past 6 months  and I'm willing to bet this was planned a bit further then that considering the idea for  Soulframe came from Steve in 2019.

Were really in a "post New War World" then considering Soul Frame basically started actig3 development after New War was released. 

Kinda funny now since they've sat on this at least this long.

And Pablo taking over could also be a good thing. Next update seems to have at least 2 reworks coming (Excal and Mag) and a third was also discussed (Grendel)

So if that's the case hopefully more reworks get done in each update.

12 hours ago, (XBOX)Cram Duahcim said:

Rebbs been secretly(to us until yesterday) in the role for the past 6 months  and I'm willing to bet this was planned a bit further then that considering the idea for  Soulframe came from Steve in 2019.

Were really in a "post New War World" then considering Soul Frame basically started actig3 development after New War was released. 

And Pablo taking over could also be a good thing. Next update seems to have at least 2 reworks coming (Excal and Mag) and a third was also discussed (Grendel)

I wouldn't be surprised if Reb has been acting as the creative director for longer than 6 months too. Yes she has secretly been the official creative director for 6 months, but I would bet Steve has been training her and letting her pull the strings for longer than that.

12 hours ago, (XBOX)Cram Duahcim said:

GRENDEL BUFFS PLS remove that horrid drain from his Feast and replace Nourished Armor!! and Bake Catapult into his 4!!

also replace his passive and move the current one into his 1 or 2!!!!!

4 minutes ago, Skoomaseller said:

GRENDEL BUFFS PLS remove that horrid drain from his Feast and replace Nourished Armor!! and Bake Catapult into his 4!!

also replace his passive and move the current one into his 1 or 2!!!!!

I think I recall Pablo talking about a Grendel update. So he wanted more synergy so all his abilities will now turn him into a ball.

11 minutes ago, RazerXPrime said:

I think I recall Pablo talking about a Grendel update. So he wanted more synergy so all his abilities will now turn him into a ball.

ah S#&$ that sounds exciting... finally I will be able to perma meatball mode...

Archived