The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Revenant is getting buffed to become unkillable again!

(XBOX)Lord ChibiVR

On 2022-08-31 at 6:00 PM, (XBOX)Upl0rdYT said:

yeah, the change is because of eximus, as i said. 

and no he's not trash, he literally is getting the equivalent of old defy, but better. 

Definitely making revenant into the best tank frame, you should probably be focusing on another frame that is going to be in a pickle real soon: Nyx, because now everyone is getting her armor strip powers. 

In fact, Revenant literally is going to obliterate Caliban even harder now, because who needs shield drones when you have infinite shields? Who needs Caliban's armor strip if I can use helminth?

No he’s not. It’s literally just putting his 2 back to exactly how it functioned before Eximus became immune to CC. Nothing else.

All this does is prove that the only possible way to make Mesmer Skin better is to remove it further and further from its charges resource.

On 2022-08-31 at 6:04 PM, SneakyErvin said:

It actually makes him alot better. You'd know if you had played him.

Current Mesmer Skin only has a per-enemy immunity and is based on enemy RoF/burst stats pretty much. In practic it means a weapon with RoF 10 wont remove 10 charges, it will remove one at most per second per enemy, then they are obviously stunned after that. 10 enemies shooting you at once will still remove 10 charges.

With the buffs any shot that lands will turn you immune for 1 seconds, that means if 10 enemies shoot at you, only 1 single charge is lost. If this means the stun will work or not I dont know, it really doesnt matter since stunning was only important to not lose charges.

So under the current system, with 10 charge versus 10 enemies you can lose them all in 1 second. With the buffs coming, 10 charges versus 10 enemies (or more) will last you 10 seconds.

That is a massive buff.

And if you knew anything about Revenant you’d know that they already implemented something like this years ago. So nothings different.

On 2022-08-31 at 6:09 PM, Venus-Venera said:

I remember this awesome warframe being used with bramma after a mindless self damage change.
and still it was a waste of time because it was more about camping...

and where do you need immortality in warframe now? in arbitration? where I constantly lose rewards because the connection to the host is no longer available? because I can manage 20-30 minutes with almost every warframe without any problems...
or in sp? where there hasn't been a useful reward for ages and common resources can be farmed much more comfortably in normal missions?

Yes. rev is bad and has no niche in my opinion.

Yeah, every update just introduces some change or content that makes Revenant worse.

And then all his mains flock to the forums to complain that he’s getting outperformed while still insisting he’s a good frame.

On 2022-08-31 at 6:02 PM, (XBOX)Upl0rdYT said:

other frames require either very active gameplay (that you can mess up) to not die, or they are super easy to survive with, but eventually hit an upper limit (like hp tanks and iron skin)

And by the time they reach that limit you’re 3 hours into a survival. Which I consider a reasonable amount of time to survive in an endurance mission. Any further and you’re honestly just wasting time fighting harder to kill enemies for rewards you’ve been getting for the past 3 hours.

54 minutes ago, AzureScion said:

They don't reload either so it's impossible to wait them out until they run out of ammo.

It's odd that so many eximus units don't seem to reload even when their regular versions do.  I wonder if that's a bug.

Do you know if it was like that before the rework?

49 minutes ago, (XBOX)GearsMatrix301 said:

And by the time they reach that limit you’re 3 hours into a survival. Which I consider a reasonable amount of time to survive in an endurance mission. Any further and you’re honestly just wasting time fighting harder to kill enemies for rewards you’ve been getting for the past 3 hours.

Well considering we have rank 5 liches, zariman steel path, veilbreaker, arbitrations, and eventually raids I think it's perfectly reasonable to use revenant.

He doesn't need this... even with Eximus and rapid fire Nullifier, his Mesmer Skin is completely fine as it is IMO.

On 2022-08-31 at 6:30 PM, p_silveira said:

If it is the latter, a typical +Str Revenant build will get ~15+ seconds of guaranteed invulnerability for each cast of Mesmer Skin. This allow us to completely drop Rolling Guard if we want and still have no drawbacks. 

You haven't needed Rolling Guard since Shield Gating was implemented... and even then, you didn't really need Rolling Guard before IMO.

On 2022-08-31 at 6:23 PM, (XBOX)Upl0rdYT said:

Certain enemies or large groups can deplete mesmer skin super quickly (which is getting fixed), and his thralls can be killed by teammates which is annoying, but can be partially circumvented by using mind control to make an unkillable thrall that still spawns more thralls. Even in situations where teammates kill thralls, Revenant is still useful as a frame who will literally almost never die.

This is all true. But... Your Thralls already significantly protect your Mesmer Skin stacks.  And if you're playing on a team, you have 3 team mates that are your "Thralls".

I mean Thralls have always been my workaround for nasty enemies like Tusk Bolkor in Cetus bounties. Before Eximus changes, Tusk Bolkor's aimbot machine gun could strip all of his Mesmer Skin stacks nearly instantly. But if you had Thralls around? Tusk Bolkor wasn't shooting at me anymore.

I feel like DE is setting Revenant up to get nerfed or reworked in the distant future. This buff will make him more significantly "more invincible" than he already is! Like broken invincible.

I did appreciate, to some extent, that Eximus units and rapid-fire Nullifiers from new Corpus Ship tileset really posed a significant danger to Revenant and his Mesmer Skin. Now things go back to how they were before... complete god mode without fail.

22 minutes ago, nslay said:

You haven't needed Rolling Guard since Shield Gating was implemented...

Two words: toxin damage. Yes, outside Infested missions it is a rare damage type, but since I'm too lazy to switch warframe builds every time I go up against a different faction, I'd rather just have it strapped on. I'm not risking losing an entire Arbitration mission because an Ancient Healer decided to give my frame a toxin tentacle from behind my view while I'm recasting Mesmer Skin, thank you.

1 minute ago, p_silveira said:

Two words: toxin damage. Yes, outside Infested missions it is a rare damage type, but since I'm too lazy to switch warframe builds every time I go up against a different faction, I'd rather just have it strapped on. I'm not risking losing an entire Arbitration mission because an Ancient Healer decided to give my frame a toxin tentacle from behind my view while I'm recasting Mesmer Skin, thank you.

Even then, you don't really need Rolling Guard. The Infested are largely melee and won't be stripping too many stacks from you.

Make some Thralls or stick with your team mates. That Ancient Healer will be using the tentacle on the Thralls.

Oh... but, super important, kill the Disruptors. They reduce duration on Thralls. The Thralls and energy pillars should do a good job keeping Thralls around. Just kill those Disruptors on sight.

23 minutes ago, nslay said:

I feel like DE is setting Revenant up to get nerfed or reworked in the distant future.

It may have something to do with Revenant Prime being just around the corner (if DE follow the predicted order, which they usually do). It would not be the first time they buffed a warframe right before it's Prime release. They did it with Titania, they did it with Garuda, and they reworked Wukong entirely just before releasing Wukong Prime.

I think this is a good change. It definitely felt like an unintended consequence when suddenly so many enemies could very easily get through Revenant's main tool for survival, and this also helps Revenant against more rare enemies that were immune to stuns like bosses. I don't think there's any issue with Revenant being completely invincible, there's plenty of other frames that can practically be that for any level of content that isn't endless (and a number that can do it for endless as well).

16 minutes ago, p_silveira said:

It may have something to do with Revenant Prime being just around the corner

I think that should go without saying.  Usually it's qols or addressing weaknesses in a kit though.  That's the the implication of the statement that came with it, but is it really the case here? I don't play Rev, so I don't know.

4 minutes ago, Tiltskillet said:

I think that should go without saying.  Usually it's qols or addressing weaknesses in a kit though.  That's the the implication of the statement that came with it, but is it really the case here? I don't play Rev, so I don't know.

It's definitely a weakness with the new Eximus and rapid-fire Nullifier on the new Corpus Ship. It has always been a weakness with the Tusk Bolkor, Condor Dropship cannon, and Exploiter cannon. Dodging and movement aside, using Thralls or being around other players is a workaround.

2 hours ago, (XBOX)GearsMatrix301 said:

No he’s not. It’s literally just putting his 2 back to exactly how it functioned before Eximus became immune to CC. Nothing else.

All this does is prove that the only possible way to make Mesmer Skin better is to remove it further and further from its charges resource.

2 hours ago, (XBOX)GearsMatrix301 said:

And if you knew anything about Revenant you’d know that they already implemented something like this years ago. So nothings different.

I know I shouldn't feed you, but this is just disingenuous. What you're talking about is the Update 23.9 change in 2018

Before 23.9, Enemies who were immune to Sleep couldn't damage Mesmer Skin due to a bug. They didn't give Revenant i-frames, they just didn't do anything to Revenant. And unlike modern Eximi -- who are very common with automatic weapons -- Sleep-immune enemies were rare, usually bosses, with lower attack rates

And don't come at me with "nitpicking" or anything either

2 minutes ago, nslay said:

It's definitely a weakness with the new Eximus and rapid-fire Nullifier on the new Corpus Ship. It has always been a weakness with the Tusk Bolkor,

Maybe "weakness" wasn't the right word.  Failing?  Fatal flaw?  Ridiculous design derp that makes him trash tier in the eyes of most players?

All I can say is that Revenant seems like one of the frames that I see more regularly in SP.  Not common, but not bottom 33% either.

5 hours ago, Tiltskillet said:

It's odd that so many eximus units don't seem to reload even when their regular versions do.  I wonder if that's a bug.

Do you know if it was like that before the rework?

Unfortunately I don't know either. Never saw the need to take cover back then, but now that Eximus units can melt you in seconds while you have to plow through their thick overguard, I've been looking for new ways to reduce damage taken. Cover is always a good option (at least in other shooting games) to reduce heat on you so I tried doing missions slowly while moving from cover to cover as I thin down the herd. Sadly, none of these gunmen knows the concept of reloading and keep inserting bullet rounds endlessly from the void. As soon as I pop my head off to peek from cover they hit me with 100% precision. Not mentioning the enemies approaching from behind. So I disregarded the cover playstyle and went back facetanking again. Doesn't seem like a bug, but it does bother me a bit.

13 hours ago, (XBOX)Upl0rdYT said:

Mesmer skin now gives one second of immunity after a stack is depleted. 

(It's near the bottom of the post, DE forgot to mention it on stream.)

@(XBOX)GearsMatrix301 

After accidentally making eximus burn through Revenant's mesmer skin, De seems to have realized their mistake and is now fixing Revenant. These changes will be alongside the balancing changes to Excalibur, Mag, Volt, and Wukong in Veilbreaker. Because of this, it is safe to assume that Revenant Prime is next, as Harrow and Garuda were also buffed shortly before/after their primes. 

So yeah, Revenant now can simply activate 20 seconds of damage immunity whenever he wants now. 

So much for Revenant being a bad frame... 

Ahhhhhh!  SHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!! Stop commenting and let this post sink!!! Or “you know the thing” will happen ! 

That's serious overbuffing making him unkillable, you can easily get 20 charges (with all the new bonuses to STR) so thats full ~20 sec of invulnerabilty

Meanwhile poor Limbo got completely bullied out of the game by Eximus hitting him thru the rift 😅

vor 2 Minuten schrieb Monolake:

That's serious overbuffing making him unkillable, you can easily get 20 charges (with all the new bonuses to STR) so thats full ~20 sec of invulnerabilty

Meanwhile poor Limbo got completely bullied out of the game by Eximus hitting him thru the rift 😅

mine has silence. and I only use it for short sp alerts. has not been killed yet. however, I haven't tested it much. could of course be coincidence.

6 hours ago, Tiltskillet said:

Maybe "weakness" wasn't the right word.  Failing?  Fatal flaw?  Ridiculous design derp that makes him trash tier in the eyes of most players?

All I can say is that Revenant seems like one of the frames that I see more regularly in SP.  Not common, but not bottom 33% either.

I think that's because the Eximus rework was pretty recent in conjunction with the fact that people (who haven't played him since the rework) still always point to Mesmer Skin and Revenant as the best at surviving. He's a bit of a "noob" trap in that regard, and I can't count the number of times I've had to revive a Revenant in SP after dispatching the Eximus that downed him.

Fortunately, it seems like he'll return to being the king of not dying, and I think that's good.

2 hours ago, AzureScion said:

So I disregarded the cover playstyle and went back facetanking again.

I do this a lot playing solo.  I still find it really useful, like it definitely mitigates some incoming damage and gives a chance to regroup.  Plus there are angles where you can shoot targets, but they're totally incapable of doing the same.  But of course  it's extremely slooow paced compared to what almost everybody else does.

vor 8 Minuten schrieb DeadVoid118:

I think that's because the Eximus rework was pretty recent in conjunction with the fact that people (who haven't played him since the rework) still always point to Mesmer Skin and Revenant as the best at surviving. He's a bit of a "noob" trap in that regard, and I can't count the number of times I've had to revive a Revenant in SP after dispatching the Eximus that downed him.

Fortunately, it seems like he'll return to being the king of not dying, and I think that's good.

really now?
i play sp alerts daily and i haven't seen a revenant that year.

and eximus is very easy to shut down with silence. this also disables the skills of acolytes.

even saryn with 445% str can buff team. then every player has 410% corr + 130% roar and then eximus or acolyte is on the ground after 2 seconds at the latest...

so nice fairy tales about great revenant....

imagination-spongebob-squarepants.gif

p.s.: saryn with 3 buffs makes 2 mil crits with bramma on sp. so much for that...

1 minute ago, Venus-Venera said:

really now?
i play sp alerts daily and i haven't seen a revenant that year.

and eximus is very easy to shut down with silence. this also disables the skills of acolytes.

even saryn with 445% str can buff team. then every player has 410% corr + 130% roar and then eximus or acolyte is on the ground after 2 seconds at the latest...

so nice fairy tales about great revenant....

imagination-spongebob-squarepants.gif

p.s.: saryn with 3 buffs makes 2 mil crits with bramma on sp. so much for that...

Uh, what? I wasn't even talking about Revenant being 'great'? All I said was that he was good (before overguard) and will be good (after the update) at not dying, and that's true.

I don't know why you feel the need to bring up a dps frame?

vor 1 Minute schrieb DeadVoid118:

Uh, what? I wasn't even talking about Revenant being 'great'? All I said was that he was good (before overguard) and will be good (after the update) at not dying, and that's true.

somehow you read something that wasn't written...
so we don't get very far...

1 minute ago, DeadVoid118 said:

Best strategy with Venera is

ron swanson spinning GIF

Archived