Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Post your inaros rework ideas in the comments and i will rate them

(PSN)Nagato_09716

His 1 summons Revenant to stand in front of him so that he has the tankyness to survive being hit in high level play.

His 2 is Merulina but made of SAND and it destroys weak computers because the particles are CRAZY and this is how D.E. gets people on old computers onto new ones before the support ends. He gets to use a melee weapon on it though which sounds awesome except you still can't control it very well because the underlying K-Drive physics still haven't been reworked yet.

His 3 casts some desert stuff but it's weak so this is the skill you helminth off. I think it's supposed to be a grouping skill but it's not very good at it. Most people replace it with Roar or Eclipse because in the end all people want is more big number.

His 4 is basically Peacemaker but instead of shooting guns he just starts flailing around and whipping pocket sand everywhere!! You can shoot the ground to put sand on it so that there's a synergy

His passive is replaced with a bonus to damage when you are standing on sand and this makes him the defacto best frame for Dog Days.

I tried ^^;

1 and 4 unchanged.

Passive automatically sacrifices Sand Shadows and contributes them towards the revive meter.

Devour marks enemies in a radius on cast. Marked enemies take bonus damage and Inaros/allies gain lifesteal against them. Chance for marked enemies to become Sand Shadows on death.

Sandstorm functions more like Vauban's Votex instead of tossing enemies around. Devour can be cast while active.

Passive: Shots have a 5% chance to go through you.

Becomes 1-Devour: Gains damage scaling by how low your health is / how much health you steal. 

New ability(mummified mend) 2- : Gives allies and yourself Inaros passive but better starts at 20% strength stacks with strength mods. Allies receive 20% of healing Inaros does, No shield regeneration from Inaros healing.

Sand Storm: Pull enemies in while spinning, flying enemies are grounded, and Siphons health off damage dealt. Consumes Sand clones, and quick sand to gain more damage.

Scarab Armor becomes Pyramid Fortress: Absorbs health to fill a meter, activating drains meter(hold to drain, tap to activate). Above 15% gain Scarab Armors passive with devour's mechanics, Above 45% gain an aura of quick sand(slows enemies around you, and leaves sand where you were on duration, any enemy who dies in quicksand has a 10% to become a Sand Shadow), above 50% gain increased damage on all sand attacks, and all healing over full heals shadows. This ability has no energy drain, works draining meter.

Inaros is too passive(being he is just a health bar) the will keep the best parts of his kit, and add more interactivity. 

I suck at naming abilities.

I used to think that Inaros was in really bad shape, but I think that's because I wasn't giving him credit for just being a different kind of frame than I generally use.  He's got big survival, big status immunity, and decent CC.  All of that makes him pretty versatile as long as you're fine with a Warframe that kills with guns instead of abilities.

Not to say that his 2 in particular couldn't use some work, but at least it makes an easy Helminth slot.  And also not to say he couldn't use tuning in other areas.  I just want to push back against the idea that Inaros is a terrible frame that is nothing but an HP pool (though for sure, that HP pool is a prominent value add).

Passive adjusted so that instead of throwing foam noodles at enemies while in his sarcophagus, Inaros would cast Dessication on up to five enemies within the ability's range.

1 - Dessication: adjusted to instead be a single-target ranged ability that heals for damage dealt.

2 - Devour: changed to immediately root all nearby enemies and deal damage to them over eight seconds.  After being rooted for five seconds, enemies are stunned for three seconds.  Inaros heals for a portion of damage dealt (~35% per enemy).  Animation would be enemies being pulled down in quicksand, with the stun leaving only a hand sticking out that can still be targeted.

3 - Sandstorm: adjusted to make enemies levitate to roughly Inaros's eye level rather than up to either the ceiling or the top of the effect.

4 - Scarab Shield: changed to a fixed absorb shield for 40% of max health (scaling up with ability strength as well as HP) with a 30 second cooldown.

The biggest issue I've seen with Inaros is that "health sponge" characters usually require an equal and adequate level of self-healing to compensate, which I've always felt like Inaros lacked.

passive: every enemy killed heals inaros to max health

1 - sand but sus - summons amogus sand crewmate with exalted aimbot sand gun

2 - sand wall - places a wall of sand. holding the ability will let you draw with your crosshair what you want it to look like

3 - sandstorm - inaros spins and gains a movement speed boost and nearby enemies are pulled in towards inaros and dealth 5 slash procs per second with 1k base damage

4 - sand nuke - launches a sand nuke from the sky. it one shots every enemy in a 10m radius

Just now, gamingchair1121 said:

passive: every enemy killed heals inaros to max health

1 - sand but sus - summons amogus sand crewmate with exalted aimbot sand gun

2 - sand wall - places a wall of sand. holding the ability will let you draw with your crosshair what you want it to look like

3 - sandstorm - inaros spins ans gains a movement speed boost and nearby enemies are pulled in towards inaros and dealth 5 slash procs per second with 1k base damage

4 - sand nuke - launches a sand nuke from the sky. it one shots every enemy in a 10m radius

Pinnacle of gameplay we have pablo successor right here

1 minute ago, (PSN)Nagato_09716 said:

IMG_20220913_005048.jpg%20

You know, your one of the few I have seen that actually has been able to back up their claim about what their main warframe is. For context, I have come to the conclusion that any player that has a frame under 20% usage, then that frame is still not their main warframe. But that also comes from a guy that has over 40% on his excalibur Umbra xD

unknown.png

3 minutes ago, xXDragonGodXx said:

You know, your one of the few I have seen that actually has been able to back up their claim about what their main warframe is. For context, I have come to the conclusion that any player that has a frame under 20% usage, then that frame is still not their main warframe. But that also comes from a guy that has over 40% on his excalibur Umbra xD

unknown.png

Im p sure my inaros was above 30% at some point xd 

Pocket Sand is fine if we accept that Banshee's 1 is also fine

Devour doesn't need to be a channeling ability. I would give it a pounce like Garuda's 1, then a four-second draining animation that drains (sake of example) 5% of the target's max HP per second, scaling with power strength or whatever. If that's still not strong enough make it drain more enemies in a cone

Replace Sandstorm with Caliban's 1. Sandstorm is just that terrible, that even Caliban is better

Scarab Armor needs full rework, so I'm replacing the armor with a bug-based apocalypse, going full Plagues of Egypt. It's supposed to be that swarm of bugs from the Mummy movies or something, but right now it doesn't DO anything if you shoot the bugs out and a lot of players don't know you even can shoot the bugs out. Replace it with Ember's 4 to rain down a plague; replace it with Gyre's 4 to surround yourself in the swarm. Turn it into a Zephyr tornado that follows your crosshair for a while and screws with enemies. One of those three

3 minutes ago, TARINunit9 said:

Pocket Sand is fine if we accept that Banshee's 1 is also fine

Devour doesn't need to be a channeling ability. I would give it a pounce like Garuda's 1, then a four-second draining animation that drains (sake of example) 5% of the target's max HP per second, scaling with power strength or whatever. If that's still not strong enough make it drain more enemies in a cone

Replace Sandstorm with Caliban's 1. Sandstorm is just that terrible, that even Caliban is better

Scarab Armor needs full rework, so I'm replacing the armor with a bug-based apocalypse, going full Plagues of Egypt. It's supposed to be that swarm of bugs from the Mummy movies or something, but right now it doesn't DO anything if you shoot the bugs out and a lot of players don't know you even can shoot the bugs out. Replace it with Ember's 4 to rain down a plague; replace it with Gyre's 4 to surround yourself in the swarm. Turn it into a Zephyr tornado that follows your crosshair for a while and screws with enemies. One of those three

Banshee one isn't fine it just has a God augment.

Posted this rework back in 2019, then again in 2020... (Since then, the Helminth was released, and I've replaced Sandstorm on all my slots... but...)

hp89VHD.jpg

I consider myself an Inaros main (Inaros: 36.9%, Inaros Prime: 21.4% - the rest of my time is split between Loki, Wisp, Frost, Nekros and Oberon - I am really liking Styanax, so he'll be a rising star in my roster), and the only ability I really don't use is sandstorm. It's not a great damage ability, and as a Melee player, I'd rather all my enemies stay on the ground where I can hit them, not be flung every which way.

His passive sarcophagus is a joke when it's really needed. If they made the sarcophagus' charging mechanic not be linked to damage dealt, to something more reliable, I'd be happier with it, but I don't really even consider it to be my passive, due to the unwritten one existing.

His unwritten passive "restoring life on finisher" is my bread and butter.

Dessicate is my most used ability, since it sets enemies up for finishers and acts as quick crowd control. (and on low level missions like Lith Fissures, it can kill enemies that spawn in walls.)

Devour is used when I want some invincible time around some heavy hitting enemies. It will also disable that one enemy, like a heavy gunner. When an enemy has been hit by Devour, they become devourable by team mates to heal their health up as well. (they just hit "interact" with the enemy) Inaros isn't just a selfish tank... he can be support!

I use his Scarab Armor rarely, on tougher missions, when I know there won't be nullifiers, because I run head-long into nullifier bubbles to kill the units. When I'm in a group, I'll use Scarab Armor's swarming ability to lock down certain areas with its crowd control, or set up a passive health restoration area for the party, as the scarabs drain the life of their victims and spread it to teammates in range. (I would like the benefits of this to be made more clear to people - again, Inaros can be support!)

If anything, I'd change his sand storm somehow, or replace it (his Ramsees jet-covered armor seems to have been inspired by that ability, though, so unlikely to have it replaced with something useful.) If it were a buff instead of a "form" that we take, that moved with us, reducing enemy accuracy from outside it, and randomly staggering enemies inside it, I'd probably make full use of it (as a melee player.)

Currently, I have Wisp's Breach Surge overwriting Sandstorm, as it complements my melee play style, but when we can farm Styanax, I intend to put his armor strip on the 3 instead. Then, I can blind/stun/armorstrip/heal and destroy them with melee. Sounds fun, given we aren't likely to get a re-work on Inaros.

passive: buffed greatly so that now it drains 10% of any enemy's health per tick, regardless of armor or level. increased pulling range.

additional passive: Inaros' abilities now cost health instead of energy (so he has a reason for that massive health pool. it could also be increased or given passive regen like Nidus if needed)

Dessicate: remains as it does now, and also prioritizes targets for Scarab Devour (read on for more info)

Scarab Devour: instead of eating the enemy himself (more Grendel's thing IMO), Inaros commands a swarm of Scarabs to devour an enemy, leeching their health and causing them to be stunlocked in the Scarab animation (rolling around in agony lol). if Inaros casts Scarab Devour on a target marked by Dessicate, a large portion of the energy is refunded.

Sandstorm: instead of a cc ability, Inaros now enters a state similar to Wukong's Cloudwalker, with completely free movement, but with the main difference being that the swirling sand deals constant damage to enemies caught inside Sandstorm as Inaros moves, making it a more offense-oriented ability, and granting Inaros additional mobility.

Medjay's Ward: instead of his current ability, Inaros sacrifices a portion of HP to summons a full set of scarab armor instantly (no more holding and waiting); if an enemy attacks Inaros while this ability is active, a swarm of scarabs automatically burrows through the ground at the target's feet and begins to devour them. it has limited charges, functioning like Mesmer Skin.

in case you couldn't tell, I like Imhotep from The Mummy lol.

3 hours ago, (PSN)Nagato_09716 said:

As someone who has inaros as his most used frame i disagree

and I disagree with your view. inaros is the premiere weapons frame. no other frame can provide the tankieness of inaros with zero active refreshes of skills. this is where he shines and why he is perfect. I m not looking for another frame to spam or upkeep abilities. there are already every other frame out there for that. I use inaros so I can run around shooting or cutting things down without having to worry about dying.

2 minutes ago, jojokaizer said:

and I disagree with your view. inaros is the premiere weapons frame. no other frame can provide the tankieness of inaros with zero active refreshes of skills. this is where he shines and why he is perfect. I m not looking for another frame to spam or upkeep abilities. there are already every other frame out there for that. I use inaros so I can run around shooting or cutting things down without having to worry about dying.

Nidus can do that but even better

Archived