Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Veilbreaker: Launch & Hot Topics Week 2

[DE]Rebecca

7 hours ago, CephalonCarnage said:

Because everything else they tried is just as bad.

If they give it lots of health - players can one-shot it.

If they give them damage attenuation - players can one-shot it.

If they give it armour - players can one-shot it (or 2 shots, lets be fair)

If they give it invulnerability stages - players can one-shot it after a short wait.

etc.

The real problem is the damage numbers are so great, the multipliers and features are too high, and the combinations too many. I think they are trying very hard to fix the problem, but I also think they are doing all they can to avoid the real problem - because players will complain vociferously if they do. At least they are communicating what they're trying, so eventually even the most "muh Wukong with bramma" player will understand they have to cut deep into the end-game damage mechanisms and numbers we have all gotten used to.

That's what my post is saying, except, they don't seem to be working hard to fix the problem in my opinion. They seem to be using shortcuts that sacrifice a lot and then rely on those shortcuts as an excuse to continue down the path of not balancing gear, even new gear introduced, even decently, all to seemingly pretend that players are getting certain damage numbers or multiplies, or even other forms of power, when in reality, in terms of lategame/endgame vs some priority targets/bosses, players aren't getting that power or those advertised values, with the added bonus of the game being more one-dimensional compared to what it can, and should, be.

As for them trying to avoid players being upset and vocal about it... it is not working. It didn't work with Acolytes. It didn't work with Liches. It didn't work with the Lich/Sisters DA  rework. It didn't work with Demolishers/Demolysts and surprise surprise it doesn't work with Archons. They've had ample opportunities (and still have opportunities) to address the root problems while mitigating negative sentiment, but they don't use those opportunities. 

1 hour ago, Silligoose said:

That's what my post is saying, except, they don't seem to be working hard to fix the problem in my opinion. They seem to be using shortcuts that sacrifice a lot and then rely on those shortcuts as an excuse to continue down the path of not balancing gear, even new gear introduced, even decently, all to seemingly pretend that players are getting certain damage numbers or multiplies, or even other forms of power, when in reality, in terms of lategame/endgame vs some priority targets/bosses, players aren't getting that power or those advertised values, with the added bonus of the game being more one-dimensional compared to what it can, and should, be.

As for them trying to avoid players being upset and vocal about it... it is not working. It didn't work with Acolytes. It didn't work with Liches. It didn't work with the Lich/Sisters DA  rework. It didn't work with Demolishers/Demolysts and surprise surprise it doesn't work with Archons. They've had ample opportunities (and still have opportunities) to address the root problems while mitigating negative sentiment, but they don't use those opportunities. 

That 2nd part is my point - they cannot change the system to fix things, because of the players, so they are telling us what doesn't work and what they are trying to do to get round it whilst still keeping the players happy. Which, of course, is doomed to failure. But they cannot change it all immediately because that would make the players even more unhappy, and they have a business to maintain. So, tell us why it doesn;t work and eventually we'll finally understand they have to change the fundamentals.

I may be giving them too much credit here, but there is no simple way out for DE. A fix is going to be a very slow process.

31 minutes ago, CephalonCarnage said:

That 2nd part is my point - they cannot change the system to fix things, because of the players, so they are telling us what doesn't work and what they are trying to do to get round it whilst still keeping the players happy. Which, of course, is doomed to failure. But they cannot change it all immediately because that would make the players even more unhappy, and they have a business to maintain. So, tell us why it doesn;t work and eventually we'll finally understand they have to change the fundamentals.

I may be giving them too much credit here, but there is no simple way out for DE. A fix is going to be a very slow process.

They've had ample opportunities to address root problems whilst mitigating negative sentiment. They still do, but they apparently don't want to do it. They want to take short cuts. They want to avoid doing the work that needs to be done.

One of the biggest opportunities was SP - a new mode that was slated to be hard mode. A place where a new precedent could be set. What did they do? You bet your ass they didn't address root imbalances. Oh no no no. Instead, they took yet another shortcut: they slapped on some poorly thought-out durability modifiers for enemies, not giving a damn about how imbalanced it makes enemies or how it affects the viability of different mechanics, threw in some cd's on certain consumables, upped the enemy spawn rate and -level and threw in mini-bosses. The experience, especially upon release, was a disappointing, imbalanced disaster and it really didn't look like they put any sort of passion or care into it. Instead, it looked like they put in as little effort as they thought they could get away with.

There are simple fixes, because the groundwork is already in place - DE simply needs to start balancing numbers and ratios. It not exactly complex and given how much they can accomplish when they have a goal (open worlds with bosses, new enemies, new gear etc, or RJ, or Zariman, or in just a few months, Veil Breaker), it should not take them long at all.

14 hours ago, CephalonCarnage said:

Because everything else they tried is just as bad.

If they give it lots of health - players can one-shot it.

If they give them damage attenuation - players can one-shot it.

If they give it armour - players can one-shot it (or 2 shots, lets be fair)

If they give it invulnerability stages - players can one-shot it after a short wait.

etc.

The real problem is the damage numbers are so great, the multipliers and features are too high, and the combinations too many. I think they are trying very hard to fix the problem, but I also think they are doing all they can to avoid the real problem - because players will complain vociferously if they do. At least they are communicating what they're trying, so eventually even the most "muh Wukong with bramma" player will understand they have to cut deep into the end-game damage mechanisms and numbers we have all gotten used to.

Where are all these supposed powergamers? I belong to a clan/alliance that isn't particularly small, and everyone is having trouble with the archon missions. Many of the clan members/clan admins have been in Warframe since the beginning of Warframe, so it's certainly not like they're lacking in resources, knowledge, or skill. And the general consensus is that the archons are a bit OP. I use Revenant and tend to be running around half the boss fight reviving downed squad members, and hoping they do the same if I run out of energy for Mesmer Skin. Honestly, I'm not sure if the problem is the archons, or the hoards of enemies that every squad I'be been paired with tend to avoid killing... I'd suggest maybe not making the archon show up until every enemy in the boss fight room is dead...

As to complaints about cumulative progressions: Sometimes stuff either doesn't spawn in, or manages to spawn in at some spot that's so hard to find, that it might as well not have. And, as mentioned by others, things can de-spawn if you get veiled or die. My strategy for these missions has been: "Do the first playthrough and try to get what I can, and if need be, do it again till I've got everything I can do". I'm one of those "scour the map, looking for everything" types, rather than a speed player. If I wanna do a speed run, I'll do it after I know every nook and cranny of the map and have everything else I came there to get. It took me 3 playthroughs of the stealth mission to find Chipper's tools, the music, and figure out how to not die. The combat mission is easier, but still required 2 playthroughs for all collectables, as one of the Ostrons just never spawned, leaving me with 4/5 by the end of the mission. I just need to get 3 of the sentients close enough to kill them all at once...

2 hours ago, VladYvhv said:

The combat mission is easier, but still required 2 playthroughs for all collectables, as one of the Ostrons just never spawned, leaving me with 4/5 by the end of the mission. I just need to get 3 of the sentients close enough to kill them all at once...

I did all objectives in 1 go. Everything could be found in one run.

The "kill 5 in 3 seconds" took a while of pulling, but quite doable. (The last section of the map  when you already have the green marker blinking; enemies spawn indefinetely and you can pull them all in a tight bundle to blast with the Ayanga. I left Kahl's  brothers stationed some distance away, coz they kept killing my hard-pulled enemies while I ran around looking for more.).

This part was probably the best of the quest...https://imgur.com/a/c7qNo5g

2小时前 , VladYvhv 说:

Where are all these supposed powergamers? I belong to a clan/alliance that isn't particularly small, and everyone is having trouble with the archon missions. Many of the clan members/clan admins have been in Warframe since the beginning of Warframe, so it's certainly not like they're lacking in resources, knowledge, or skill. And the general consensus is that the archons are a bit OP. I use Revenant and tend to be running around half the boss fight reviving downed squad members, and hoping they do the same if I run out of energy for Mesmer Skin. Honestly, I'm not sure if the problem is the archons, or the hoards of enemies that every squad I'be been paired with tend to avoid killing... I'd suggest maybe not making the archon show up until every enemy in the boss fight room is dead...

Open youtube.com and search "One shot archon" and there they are. It is ridicules that I may not say you or your clan were not playing ‘correctly’ and utilizing your choices make you feel archons are OP since DE just teaching us. In the same time, NONE of guide in game talking about tricks with archons and how to against make this knowledge/information gap getting bigger. :\

1 hour ago, (PSN)Luke_Zakalwe said:

I did all objectives in 1 go. Everything could be found in one run.

Absolutely it can........ you just have to be lucky enough and have the stuff spawn on obvious places, or spawn at all for that matter. Good for you, RnJesus was on your side, but there are thousands of others with luck worse than yours.

This begs the question, why is it based on RnG to the point where someone can have everything easy, and do all the stuff in one go, but others have to spend multiple hours on the exact same thing? It does not have anything to do with skill, just luck, and when you are short on luck, you get the privilege to just - do it again-and again-and again. It is just Tedious for no reason, it ain't hard, and no one says it is.

13 minutes ago, Do_High_Go said:

Absolutely it can........ you just have to be lucky enough and have the stuff spawn on obvious places, or spawn at all for that matter. Good for you, RnJesus was on your side, but there are thousands of others with luck worse than yours.

This begs the question, why is it based on RnG to the point where someone can have everything easy, and do all the stuff in one go, but others have to spend multiple hours on the exact same thing? It does not have anything to do with skill, just luck, and when you are short on luck, you get the privilege to just - do it again-and again-and again. It is just Tedious for no reason, it ain't hard, and no one says it is.

Well, I did scour every nook and cranny, like every good RPG connoisseur would do. And it did take a good while, but if it's all based on RNG..that's just terrible design.. I can imagine running for hours through the same map and never finding the last piece..

Le 16/09/2022 à 13:42, [DE]Rebecca a dit :

Tenno, 

It’s been a week since our last Friday Update post and we wanted to shed some light on where the development team is at. At this point, Tenno have had the chance to take down both Boreal and Amar and may have even completed Kahl’s first weekly ‘Break Narmer’ Mission to reach Encampment in his Garrison.

As this content continues to roll out over the next few weeks, we’ll be looking for ways to improve the player experience, and we already have a few concrete actions we will be taking:

Kahl’s Bonus Challenges are getting some quality-of-life improvements. Firstly, we’re working to ensure that progress in these Challenges will be cumulative. Tenno will be able to partially complete a Challenge (ex: only removing 3 of 5 Veils) and then have that progress counted towards completing the challenge when repeating the mission (i.e. only 2 more Veils would need to be removed). Additionally, we’ve already improved the visibility of Chipper’s Tools and added a sound to the K-Drive parts as a result of player feedback. Another week brings another Mission to take on with Kahl, Veils need breaking - and we’ll be watching to prepare tweaks and improvements in upcoming hotfixes. 

We’ve kept a close look on Archon Hunts, and still have plans to iterate these fights based on Community Feedback. Nira is on deck next week, we’ll be keeping an eye out to see how the Final Archon fight fares. We have some experimental changes we’re testing out related to damage attenuation but don’t want to rush it out the door too early. We want to make sure we have stats for each fight and how we can apply rules holistically. We will share the stats in our upcoming Devstream (which of the three Archons had what type of success rates, etc), and will provide deeper explanations of the challenges in using damage attenuation vs. having ‘single digit second’ boss fights. It will be an open discussion, and we will invite you to join us when we announce our next Devstream. 

A hot topic this week is our most recent changes to Styanax. We made a couple of changes to his Final Stand, one to avoid him casting in the air indefinitely and another to make the ability non-interruptible. We had no intentions to remove the fun after his launch, and these were truly unintentional mechanics that required fixing. It’s on us that it wasn’t changed before launch. We also made a couple of key fixes to using Rally Cry in squads to ensure the strongest Styanax buff applies and fixed the Vortex effect on his Axios Javelin not functioning for Clients.

Next week we have Archon Nira on deck and a whole new ‘Break Narmer’ Mission to take on - it’s important to note that we’ll be organizing a bigger Hotfix for the next round, so it’s unlikely we’ll have a Hotfix out at all next week. We’ll give you a heads-up on what’s coming and when.

With all that said, once again, thank you for everyone’s feedback
Have a wonderful weekend, Tenno!

-[DE]Rebecca

Lotus,

Warframe is starting to feel like WoW when it was killed by devs listening to lots of people giving them bad ideas from their forums/social media.

When you removed so many fun abilities from operators, that was a huge mistake. Warframe players like a lot of options, if we wanted a streamline/boring experience, we'd play one of the million crappy games that do that.

When you did the ammo changes, you made a lot of very fun ways to play no longer fun. On steel path, it was fun and challenging content to go long into missions with a kuva brahma and a non-invincibility frame, make sure you lobbed the shots correctly, keep fliping through the air because if I stopped for a second I'd be dead, make sure I hit exemus dead on, make sure I clipped blue shield enemies in the right way to not reflect shots and negate the AOE, and make sure my positioning is good and swapping weapons when peopel got too close to avoid an often deadly self stagger.

It was compelling and fun gameplay that was found noowhere else but warframe.

Here on the forums, people called the Kuva Brahma and weapons like it "Automated" and "Braindead", but for me, and I think the majority, that is a lie and completely untrue.

I have been playing sense 2014, and I can do steel path with any sort of weapon or no weapons if I really wanted to, but these ammo changed removed the fun way I liked to play. Scrambling for ammo and awful pickup rates ruins the fun. Running out of ammo like this is not a fun mechanic at all.

Now with the Khal content, I was hyped for it, but having to do scavenger hunts is not fun. The gameplay is not challening at all. Do you, personally, look forward to doing your Khal mission every week Rebecca? Do you enjoy running it every week?

I see many people on these forums clamoring about how great these changes where, and whom write off people like myself as the invitable "Crybabies" when a major balaance patch is done. They rationalize the negative reviews as "Review bombing", while if you look at the steemr eviews, iot's the positives with the lower hours and are clearly cheating the system in mass, while the negatives are the real feedback. They accuse others of what they do to justify it, and they do so at this games peril. Never has warframe had a backlash like this, and I dont think it's 100% just these changes, what was done to operator was a big mistake but not one that had most people up in arms, but people still dont like the removal of so many fun abilities for no good reasons. This has been the worst patch in Warframe history, making so many people no longer have fun with the game.

I have seen this effecting your income too, in discords I have seen many people say they dont want to support the game anymore because of the direction of the game. In my 8 years playing, I have never seen anything like this from the community.

I hate dealing with the people on this forum, they do not represent the average player.They are ill-thoughtout and try to win arguments by mob tactics because they care more about wining then they do about being correct, and almost always say the most absurd while they express themselves.

What I would sugguest for you, if you ever happen to read this, is:

1) Stop just making a post like this and disapearing, actively have yourself and members of your dev team openly engage with people. Defend your ideas, see if they hold up to scrutiny. Become active in the community yourself. 

2) Apologize for the operator, ammo, and unfun Khal gameplay. Humility and selfwareness goes a long way to restoring people's faith in you. When it comes to making money from long term players, people buy plat/items not simply because they want to look cool or the benefits of that(Though that is a critial, almost always present part), it's because they want to support the game and keep it going. With these recent changes, I have seen many players loose the 2nd reason, and stop spending because the 1st alone wont do it for them.

3) Ammo. The people who did citicise weapons like the brahma did have a good point in some areas, it did make things unfun with random coops in lower level content for people. How to adress this in a way that doesnt make the game unfun for a massive group of people? Remove firestorm, and remove immunity to stagger from KB immunity. This will stop room clearing/shooting through walls, and stop people from mindlessly spamming it without being kocked around all the time in a unfun manner. Restore ammo 100% as it was, and see how this goes. Firestorm is also an increible DPS boost to large AOE weapons, this will also tone down their damage, but not nearly to the point where they are useless. Making people run out of ammo is infuriating and unfun way to balance. And having ammo rates get worse with larger parties makes group play awful in steel path with a lot of builds.

4) Khal. Khal is slow and clunky, not made and not fun for stealth missions, why put him in stealth type missions with decons? Khal missions should be using Khal and his group to kick ass and chew bublegum, while leaving the aforementioned buble gum in the drifter camp. Good idea, bad execution on this one. Let khal have a team of 5 people whom you can change their loadouts and let each one do a different role, and have him and his team mess up narmer to unlock new weapons to load them out in. I think this what most people thought they would be, and that would be fun.

5) Khal PvP. PvP can never be balanced with warframe, using Khal to do a fun pvp mode would be a breath of fresh air and be the pvp solution warframe needs. I wouldnt just let people use Khal, but also corpus type mechanics and characters from new war as well. Create a pvp mode (Maybe where it's corpus v grineer, but it could be some void treasure that everyone is fighting for and sub factions will work with other subfactions of different sides for it), squad combat, so people can kill NPCs which is fun, and fight over objectives in larger open maps. I think IF DONE RIGHT, this would be simply incredible.
6) Operator. Bring back the fun skills that where removed, and operator melee. Then expand on it and add operator melee weapons. Most customization is good. Less is bad.

7) Use previously made game modes in new and fun ways. For example: Make pvp-drive races if it isnt too hard to do. K drive is actually really well done, it is jsut thrust on people who dont want to do it in a way that catches people offguard and makes people biased against it, but if given a fair shake, is actually really well done IMO. PvP or new Railjack could be good as well. Why stop developing such nice systems?

8) Make it near instant to swap between primary and secondary, for more fast placed streamlined and fun feeling gameplay.

And I think im done wasting my time writing on these forums for today with long posts that noone of consequence will read or understand. I do hope this helps, I want warframe to succeed and thrive, as I think we all do. It's sonething unique and special that no other game ever made does, and it can be a lot of fun :)

-Tenno

Am 16.9.2022 um 23:22 schrieb (NSW)Master2873:

You're watching stats, and exploits more than you are community feedback... Damage attenuation is awful in both design, and execution, and there is such a thing as over balancing (irony with this term though, this isn't to begin with). Making mega bullet sponges where I was sitting still and fighting the boss one handed on my Switch is not only NOT fun, but isn't good design, it comes off lazy when other boss encounters have been more engaging and didn't feel like a cop out, and didn't feel like it was trying to unnecessarily pad/stretch out gameplay time.

Operator energy colors are broken from something that should have been caught in development, animations for weapons are broken, clan emblems are STILL broken, and people PAID for those, and people being locked into New War quest line even upon a revisit is unacceptable, and is a possible issue that should have been expected AND discussed during, and before development of New War. It should have NEVER been designed to lock/force the player to commit beacause of said issue above...

Getting Sortie rewards from Archon missions is a slap in the face... They have the same drop rates, and are the same items with the same filler crap that we can get DAILY through sorties, but we only get these weekly alongside a crystal for harder missions, while being rewarded less, and being forced to wait longer. If you want Archon fights to be in line with sorties, I'm surprised they're not being treated as such. Kahl missions, with being expected to beat in under 15 minutes for stock/challenge, just to wait a week to do it again (I understand they're replayable, but you're not being rewarded anymore...)?

Also, no word on the nerf to the merciless arcanes... Why was it nerfed when it HURTS ALL WEAPONS, not just AoE, and you already tweaked total held ammo on these? This should have been factored in already, and you made most weapons unusable. I'm getting FAR less ammo back now WITH A MUTATOR before this update, and the point of the +100% ammo is to balance the fact the user HAS TO USE ammo/get kills to get their damage increase from said arcanes... Ammo use has skyrocketed compared to what we're getting back, and it also hurts damage overall since these arcanes run on stacks that expire in MERE SECONDS for our damage!!! Which also inadvertently hurts our weapons even more if we want to hold more ammo, by taking up a slot that could be used for damage to get more ammo that certain non OP weapons NEED. You should be getting a full magazine back at the least from ammo pickups at the rate we're using them... The player should NEVER feel like they cannot defend themselves... Some of my best built weapons for the enemies still take nearly a full magazine sometimes to kill some enemies, like my Cedo, but I only get 20 of the 40+ shots it took to KILL that ONE enemy... Secondaries also need reworks... Most are unusable from my experience, and you're more worried about AoE primaries... The gap between good secondaries, and crap ones are too big...

You're applying too many bandaid solutions for bigger underlying issues with your game, and punishing players for HOW THEY WANT TO PLAY... You're now going to force many users to go back to the melee only meta, which goes against the design, and purpose of the secondary, and primary arcanes to begin with...

Before a weapon runs out of ammo it should instead suffer an other artificial effect that reduces its productivity - if there has to be done something. I totally do not agree that other player can not let have weapon platform prefering player have their fun. That ammo nerf sadly drove me away from playing warframe. I only played the KAHL and then tried my primaries and secondaries because i prefer weapon platform builds since i started playing this game, i think two years ago. But it felt so bad and had absolutely no more flow that i just logged out.

Im only loggin on to do clanstuff daily, but im not really playing. Im a clan warlord and it causes a huge frustration to me. Especially after the many hours that i spent on this game. I have no more fun with it. When i started playing, the bramma was fairly new. And i saw people running across me with certain weapons gear and frames and thought "oh yea! I want that" and i had that then and you destroyed it when i just reached there with some nerfs about 1 year ago. Then recently you gave me hope when you brought that arcanes and i felt really encouraged into playing warframe but now you destroyed it again. And i can not take it when you destroy this so often.

Here my honest feelings and thoughts are not meant rude. Please take this as feedback and consider improving the fun for people that prefer weapon platform builds again. It might bring back some life to my clan for example which is currently running dry from mountain tier since noone besides me in person is actually recruiting or doing something for my little clan community. If you will so, honestly all my heartblood is into this dojo.

I have 10,417.6 steamhours into warframe. Maybe the half of it is actual what you see in my ingame profile but when im not increasing that time, then i ve been recruiting und just standing in the orbiter or decorating. And now i stopped playing from one day to another and am in the situation that im through all sugestions about other games while i hope there could be something that might drag me back to warframe. But it does not seem like it, instead it drives me further away and way way. :(

Please bring me back?

Thanks, peace love

R

On 2022-09-18 at 7:07 PM, (XBOX)Abherration said:

So many whiners about a free game. Devs actually owe you nothing, even if you chose to donate your cash(plat/cosmo's). They could of gone "well New War done. Sign off full release. Lets all go make Soulframe, and fund it off the donation"

What a toxic and non-constructive mindset.

On 2022-09-16 at 4:42 PM, [DE]Rebecca said:

Tenno, 

It’s been a week since our last Friday Update post and we wanted to shed some light on where the development team is at. At this point, Tenno have had the chance to take down both Boreal and Amar and may have even completed Kahl’s first weekly ‘Break Narmer’ Mission to reach Encampment in his Garrison.

As this content continues to roll out over the next few weeks, we’ll be looking for ways to improve the player experience, and we already have a few concrete actions we will be taking:

Kahl’s Bonus Challenges are getting some quality-of-life improvements. Firstly, we’re working to ensure that progress in these Challenges will be cumulative. Tenno will be able to partially complete a Challenge (ex: only removing 3 of 5 Veils) and then have that progress counted towards completing the challenge when repeating the mission (i.e. only 2 more Veils would need to be removed). Additionally, we’ve already improved the visibility of Chipper’s Tools and added a sound to the K-Drive parts as a result of player feedback. Another week brings another Mission to take on with Kahl, Veils need breaking - and we’ll be watching to prepare tweaks and improvements in upcoming hotfixes. 

We’ve kept a close look on Archon Hunts, and still have plans to iterate these fights based on Community Feedback. Nira is on deck next week, we’ll be keeping an eye out to see how the Final Archon fight fares. We have some experimental changes we’re testing out related to damage attenuation but don’t want to rush it out the door too early. We want to make sure we have stats for each fight and how we can apply rules holistically. We will share the stats in our upcoming Devstream (which of the three Archons had what type of success rates, etc), and will provide deeper explanations of the challenges in using damage attenuation vs. having ‘single digit second’ boss fights. It will be an open discussion, and we will invite you to join us when we announce our next Devstream. 

A hot topic this week is our most recent changes to Styanax. We made a couple of changes to his Final Stand, one to avoid him casting in the air indefinitely and another to make the ability non-interruptible. We had no intentions to remove the fun after his launch, and these were truly unintentional mechanics that required fixing. It’s on us that it wasn’t changed before launch. We also made a couple of key fixes to using Rally Cry in squads to ensure the strongest Styanax buff applies and fixed the Vortex effect on his Axios Javelin not functioning for Clients.

Next week we have Archon Nira on deck and a whole new ‘Break Narmer’ Mission to take on - it’s important to note that we’ll be organizing a bigger Hotfix for the next round, so it’s unlikely we’ll have a Hotfix out at all next week. We’ll give you a heads-up on what’s coming and when.

-[DE]Rebecca

Can DE look at Volts speed ability? I'm tired of it being forced on me because someone can't comprehend not to spam their ability. I have to backwards roll like 8 times before they get the clue. It's absurd. It's annoying and a massive irritant. Volt shouldn't boost its' teammates speed in the surrounding area. He should have to cast it on them. The reload buff should be the only part of that ability that is shared to the players. Seriously 90% of volt players can't seem to comprehend that they shouldn't be spamming the ability when one of their team members removes it intentionally numerous times. 

30 minutes ago, (XBOX)DarkMaster0127 said:

Can DE look at Volts speed ability? I'm tired of it being forced on me because someone can't comprehend not to spam their ability. I have to backwards roll like 8 times before they get the clue. It's absurd. It's annoying and a massive irritant. Volt shouldn't boost its' teammates speed in the surrounding area. He should have to cast it on them. The reload buff should be the only part of that ability that is shared to the players. Seriously 90% of volt players can't seem to comprehend that they shouldn't be spamming the ability when one of their team members removes it intentionally numerous times. 

a toggle in options to opt in or out for this would be welcome, or in volts codex entry. Same could be applied to any group type ability if in codex, as theyre already listed there iirc 

On 2022-09-20 at 8:35 PM, Malikaith said:

Lotus,

Warframe is starting to feel like WoW when it was killed by devs listening to lots of people giving them bad ideas from their forums/social media.

When you removed so many fun abilities from operators, that was a huge mistake. Warframe players like a lot of options, if we wanted a streamline/boring experience, we'd play one of the million crappy games that do that.

When you did the ammo changes, you made a lot of very fun ways to play no longer fun. On steel path, it was fun and challenging content to go long into missions with a kuva brahma and a non-invincibility frame, make sure you lobbed the shots correctly, keep fliping through the air because if I stopped for a second I'd be dead, make sure I hit exemus dead on, make sure I clipped blue shield enemies in the right way to not reflect shots and negate the AOE, and make sure my positioning is good and swapping weapons when peopel got too close to avoid an often deadly self stagger.

It was compelling and fun gameplay that was found noowhere else but warframe.

Here on the forums, people called the Kuva Brahma and weapons like it "Automated" and "Braindead", but for me, and I think the majority, that is a lie and completely untrue.

I have been playing sense 2014, and I can do steel path with any sort of weapon or no weapons if I really wanted to, but these ammo changed removed the fun way I liked to play. Scrambling for ammo and awful pickup rates ruins the fun. Running out of ammo like this is not a fun mechanic at all.

Now with the Khal content, I was hyped for it, but having to do scavenger hunts is not fun. The gameplay is not challening at all. Do you, personally, look forward to doing your Khal mission every week Rebecca? Do you enjoy running it every week?

I see many people on these forums clamoring about how great these changes where, and whom write off people like myself as the invitable "Crybabies" when a major balaance patch is done. They rationalize the negative reviews as "Review bombing", while if you look at the steemr eviews, iot's the positives with the lower hours and are clearly cheating the system in mass, while the negatives are the real feedback. They accuse others of what they do to justify it, and they do so at this games peril. Never has warframe had a backlash like this, and I dont think it's 100% just these changes, what was done to operator was a big mistake but not one that had most people up in arms, but people still dont like the removal of so many fun abilities for no good reasons. This has been the worst patch in Warframe history, making so many people no longer have fun with the game.

I have seen this effecting your income too, in discords I have seen many people say they dont want to support the game anymore because of the direction of the game. In my 8 years playing, I have never seen anything like this from the community.

I hate dealing with the people on this forum, they do not represent the average player.They are ill-thoughtout and try to win arguments by mob tactics because they care more about wining then they do about being correct, and almost always say the most absurd while they express themselves.

What I would sugguest for you, if you ever happen to read this, is:

1) Stop just making a post like this and disapearing, actively have yourself and members of your dev team openly engage with people. Defend your ideas, see if they hold up to scrutiny. Become active in the community yourself. 

2) Apologize for the operator, ammo, and unfun Khal gameplay. Humility and selfwareness goes a long way to restoring people's faith in you. When it comes to making money from long term players, people buy plat/items not simply because they want to look cool or the benefits of that(Though that is a critial, almost always present part), it's because they want to support the game and keep it going. With these recent changes, I have seen many players loose the 2nd reason, and stop spending because the 1st alone wont do it for them.

3) Ammo. The people who did citicise weapons like the brahma did have a good point in some areas, it did make things unfun with random coops in lower level content for people. How to adress this in a way that doesnt make the game unfun for a massive group of people? Remove firestorm, and remove immunity to stagger from KB immunity. This will stop room clearing/shooting through walls, and stop people from mindlessly spamming it without being kocked around all the time in a unfun manner. Restore ammo 100% as it was, and see how this goes. Firestorm is also an increible DPS boost to large AOE weapons, this will also tone down their damage, but not nearly to the point where they are useless. Making people run out of ammo is infuriating and unfun way to balance. And having ammo rates get worse with larger parties makes group play awful in steel path with a lot of builds.

4) Khal. Khal is slow and clunky, not made and not fun for stealth missions, why put him in stealth type missions with decons? Khal missions should be using Khal and his group to kick ass and chew bublegum, while leaving the aforementioned buble gum in the drifter camp. Good idea, bad execution on this one. Let khal have a team of 5 people whom you can change their loadouts and let each one do a different role, and have him and his team mess up narmer to unlock new weapons to load them out in. I think this what most people thought they would be, and that would be fun.

5) Khal PvP. PvP can never be balanced with warframe, using Khal to do a fun pvp mode would be a breath of fresh air and be the pvp solution warframe needs. I wouldnt just let people use Khal, but also corpus type mechanics and characters from new war as well. Create a pvp mode (Maybe where it's corpus v grineer, but it could be some void treasure that everyone is fighting for and sub factions will work with other subfactions of different sides for it), squad combat, so people can kill NPCs which is fun, and fight over objectives in larger open maps. I think IF DONE RIGHT, this would be simply incredible.
6) Operator. Bring back the fun skills that where removed, and operator melee. Then expand on it and add operator melee weapons. Most customization is good. Less is bad.

7) Use previously made game modes in new and fun ways. For example: Make pvp-drive races if it isnt too hard to do. K drive is actually really well done, it is jsut thrust on people who dont want to do it in a way that catches people offguard and makes people biased against it, but if given a fair shake, is actually really well done IMO. PvP or new Railjack could be good as well. Why stop developing such nice systems?

8) Make it near instant to swap between primary and secondary, for more fast placed streamlined and fun feeling gameplay.

And I think im done wasting my time writing on these forums for today with long posts that noone of consequence will read or understand. I do hope this helps, I want warframe to succeed and thrive, as I think we all do. It's sonething unique and special that no other game ever made does, and it can be a lot of fun :)

-Tenno

Some of these changes sound good on paper for some weapons like the ones that are signal target weapons but a lot of the guns that aren't signal targets either became more useless then before or went from usable to unusable in the snap of a finger because they eat through ammo so fast it isn't even funny.

Beam guns for example got hit real hard unless they were a kitgun with Pax Charge as those guns you need to hold down the button for them to do a lot. With the new ammo changes they all eat up ammo so fast that you won't be able to do much with them because you be spending more time using your melee to get more ammo.

Before this update I loved the Ignis Wraith but after this update it is no longer usable anymore due to it running out of ammo a lot of the times.

If they didn't touch the Merciless Arcane's ammo buff it gave at max rank then the ammo problem wouldn't that bad for these guns but they did by flat out removing it.

Good to know I wasted so much time on Steel Path for that Arcane for nothing.

On 2022-09-16 at 1:42 PM, [DE]Rebecca said:

I'll start by saying I appreciate that something is being done about these challenges. 

I hope that eventually this turns into a overhaul of what those challenges are - or just removes them all together. My experience with collect-a-thons in all games has always been apathetic at best. It doesn't add fun to the game in any way but rather a side objective that encourages walking around staring at the floor more than it does actually playing and enjoying the game. Overall the challenge system as a whole feels like a negative quality of the new missions rather than something that makes me want to engage with them.  

Le 18/09/2022 à 09:57, Hawk197 a dit :

Rebb, we don't really care about words, we care about action. Apologize all you want about Styanax, words are words, and we can't barter with words. Either take action to improve Styanax, or don't bother "apologizing" since it'll all ring hallow. You claim these bugs were suppose to have been fixed before release. We don't care. We've been through this same song and dance with the old team. We're tired of the whole "We're sorry, we'll do better next time" shtick. You released Gyre in a "bugged state", but waited till you got your Partners to do videos on her before "fixing" her. Now Styanax is released, Partners did their videos, and he's "fixed" There's a reason we aren't the most friendly community as of lately. Either revert the changes completely, adapt the "bugs" in ways that can be added to Styanax, or buff him in other ways that makes him not only viable for levels beyond 200 but also fun. Or, you know, leave him as is and risk people not giving two cents about any more Frames you release because you'll just betray our trust again. You guys got a Werewolf coming out soon. Would be a shame if all this betrayal you guys keep doing made us take a second and third look before buying her week 1, along with a fourth and fifth look before deciding to put effort into her beyond feeding her to the Helminth.

Right, we want the culprit throw down the pit of unattended bug fix and see him on live cam climb up the pile of years old bugs and fix them to redeem his soul :wink: 

On 2022-09-20 at 1:45 PM, Silligoose said:

They've had ample opportunities to address root problems whilst mitigating negative sentiment. They still do, but they apparently don't want to do it. They want to take short cuts. They want to avoid doing the work that needs to be done.

I think you are right and wrong at the same time 🙂. DE does have ample opportunities to make Warframe better, but those improvements are impossible to achieve without a lot of negative sentiment. And that is why they take short cuts and make half-measured fixes. In a way it is an "end with a bang or a whimper"-thing. Currently Warframe seems to be on a "whimper"-trajectory, and to stop this there has to be some really real change at some point. But such change is also risky, blowing up core parts of the game an re-doing them might lose you players that you never get back.

But there really is huge (enormously huge) potential in Warframe still, it just can't be unlocked with fixes, tweaks or with "new" content that is created with a "the same but different" approach. The problem is not attenuation, bullet sponges or AoE spam removal, or eximus shields or any of the game math. The problem is that we need something else to fight for than just "more loot".

Gotta go on a tangent here =>

This especially concerns such loot that just make the "power fantasy" even more insane. And it also concerns all the timegates and other gates we have to hop through, in order to stretch out out the content over more playing time. Because not only does such gates lose their luster over time for those that are still playing actively, they form a HUGE hindrance to a lot of players that left at high rank and would now be interested to come back, but in order to do so they would have to play through a couple of months forced content just to get near their former friends.

There is a lot of "post-Warframe" hardcore gamers out there, who have been studying, making babies, getting their first job, had a real life, and now would like to come back into the fold and play with their friends, those that stayed and are still playing. But they are presented with an impossible choice, either they join and play at a "lower power level" than their friends (who have "everything"), or they have to spend months hopping through all these gates just to get to the same level. So, yeah, their account is still active, and they occasionally join for an evening of Warframe, and they are pretty interested in all the new stuff. But then it starts dawning on them what is actually required, and there the glorious return just fizzles out. Imagine not having the Helminth, not having done the New War, not having a single one of all the new arcanes, not knowing what Zariman is, missing a load of new mods, no Necramech, no Railjack, no mods or resources for these. New interesting warframes and weapons can be farmed fairly easily, some stuff can be bought for money, but all that other stuff... it's a humongous task. And even with the help of friends that are still playing, simply "too humongous".

And that is a shame, because I am pretty darned certain that if DE would ask every MR30+ in the game, the answer would be that most have several friends that have left and might be interested in coming back. But not as "inferior", and not if it takes 500 hours of playing time just to get back to a "friend" level. The reason for this lock-out is the power fantasy progression, coupled with the content-stretching mechanics that are geared to maximize playing time for new content. When you stack these together, you get a power gap that needs a inordinate effort to close. You don't even need that power for Warframe itself, but gamer friends playing together need to be at roughly the same level, it's a hardcore gamer thing.

A change that would flip a lot of stuff on it's head could also be a working re-entry point for former Tenno, if handled correctly, offering a level field and/or leveling mechanisms. These are guys that knew the game, have fond memories, friends that are still playing and money to spend. If I am counting correctly that is a win-win-win-win-win-situation.

Because if Warframe doesn't do this, and presuming Soulframe becomes a reality, many of us will transfer there instead. Even if it is smaller, buggier, unfinished. Because that will be the workable option to play with our friends again, on a level playing field. Restarting at level 0 with nothing, but together with friends, trumps L3 (or wherever we are at that point) with "everything", but alone. Other game are eating into Warframe's playerbase too, of course, but Soulframe will be "Warframe, but different". With friendly co-op in Warframe locked behind 500 hours of forced farming, that is the unbeatable option.

So rip Warframe apart, and put it together again. Crush the "power fantasy", link all the content islands, introduce "mercy" farming mechanisms,  give us something to care about and play for, and allow players to help old friends come back by any means necessary. And you can have ten more years, easy.

On 2022-09-24 at 7:06 PM, Graavarg said:

I think you are right and wrong at the same time 🙂. DE does have ample opportunities to make Warframe better, but those improvements are impossible to achieve without a lot of negative sentiment. And that is why they take short cuts and make half-measured fixes. In a way it is an "end with a bang or a whimper"-thing. Currently Warframe seems to be on a "whimper"-trajectory, and to stop this there has to be some really real change at some point. But such change is also risky, blowing up core parts of the game an re-doing them might lose you players that you never get back.

But there really is huge (enormously huge) potential in Warframe still, it just can't be unlocked with fixes, tweaks or with "new" content that is created with a "the same but different" approach. The problem is not attenuation, bullet sponges or AoE spam removal, or eximus shields or any of the game math. The problem is that we need something else to fight for than just "more loot".

This especially concerns such loot that just make the "power fantasy" even more insane. And it also concerns all the timegates and other gates we have to hop through, in order to stretch out out the content over more playing time. Because not only does such gates lose their luster over time for those that are still playing actively, they form a HUGE hindrance to a lot of players that left at high rank and would now be interested to come back, but in order to do so they would have to play through a couple of months forced content just to get near their former friends.

There is a lot of "post-Warframe" hardcore gamers out there, who have been studying, making babies, getting their first job, had a real life, and now would like to come back into the fold and play with their friends, those that stayed and are still playing. But they are presented with an impossible choice, either they join and play at a "lower power level" than their friends (who have "everything"), or they have to spend months hopping through all these gates just to get to the same level. So, yeah, their account is still active, and they occasionally join for an evening of Warframe, and they are pretty interested in all the new stuff. But then it starts dawning on them what is actually required, and there the glorious return just fizzles out. Imagine not having the Helminth, not having done the New War, not having a single one of all the new arcanes, not knowing what Zariman is, missing a load of new mods, no Necramech, no Railjack, no mods or resources for these. New interesting warframes and weapons can be farmed fairly easily, some stuff can be bought for money, but all that other stuff... it's a humongous task. And even with the help of friends that are still playing, simply "too humongous".

And that is a shame, because I am pretty darned certain that if DE would ask every MR30+ in the game, the answer would be that most have several friends that have left and might be interested in coming back. But not as "inferior", and not if it takes 500 hours of playing time just to get back to a "friend" level. The reason for this lock-out is the power fantasy progression, coupled with the content-stretching mechanics that are geared to maximize playing time for new content. When you stack these together, you get a power gap that needs a inordinate effort to close. You don't even need that power for Warframe itself, but gamer friends playing together need to be at roughly the same level, it's a hardcore gamer thing.

A change that would flip a lot of stuff on it's head could also be a working re-entry point for former Tenno, if handled correctly, offering a level field and/or leveling mechanisms. These are guys that knew the game, have fond memories, friends that are still playing and money to spend. If I am counting correctly that is a win-win-win-win-win-situation.

Because if Warframe doesn't do this, and presuming Soulframe becomes a reality, many of us will transfer there instead. Even if it is smaller, buggier, unfinished. Because that will be the workable option to play with our friends again, on a level playing field. Restarting at level 0 with nothing, but together with friends, trumps L3 (or wherever we are at that point) with "everything", but alone. Other game are eating into Warframe's playerbase too, of course, but Soulframe will be "Warframe, but different". With friendly co-op in Warframe locked behind 500 hours of forced farming, that is the unbeatable option.

So rip Warframe apart, and put it together again. Crush the "power fantasy", link all the content islands, introduce "mercy" farming mechanisms,  give us something to care about and play for, and allow players to help old friends come back by any means necessary. And you can have ten more years, easy.

I understand your point, but if we look at it coldly, it's not the game's fault if a player base has retreated to other tasks indefinitely, if the development of a game has to wait for a certain group of players to return, that would mean stagnation, it would have to for the game to stop in time and stop developing? I mean, time just goes on, even in the digital world, that's how things are.

On 2022-09-25 at 1:06 AM, Graavarg said:

I think you are right and wrong at the same time 🙂 .

Warframe does something that many other MMOs downright Refuse to do, and that is with release of new content, they lessen the grind for previous content when possible.

Guild Wars 2 does not do that, the timegates and resources needed 5 years ago are the same today for the same thing that is already outdated because it is 3-4 updates behind, that is a reason I stopped playing it. I always tried to catch up with my friend, he had already played it for solid 3+ years, and even with his help it was nearly impossible to catch up. There always was that obvious permanent power gap that for me to close, i would have to play for 3 years and tell my buddy to not play in that time???? Of course noone would do that, also noone is excited to become a slave to a game and play it in every waking hour just to catch up to a casual player that just played it for few more years.

What you described, that Feeling, I know it, and it applies for many other games, but Not Warframe. What is Power? Railjack? Necramech? Guns, Mods and Arcanes? Frames? Which one of these provides Actual impactful power spike?

Railjack was terrible at launch, you needed a lot of materials, crafting time was wayy wayy longer, not to mention the bugs. Now you can literally get taxied to a high level Railjack mission, provided you have at least basic Railjack, and just stay , man the guns, and get almost everything you will ever need for building a top tier Railjack in just 5-6 missions. I do not remember what it took before the rework, but it was definitely Not 5-6 missions :D  That is a good example, because a new player would not waste the same amount of time for the same gear, in fact it is over 20-30x faster to get a good Railjack up and running now compared to before. If your Buddy is willing to help, they can always take you with them, with their maxed ship, heck a good buddy might even yeet you an Affinity booster so you get some Intrinsics going too - you cannot put a plat price on having fun with your friends now can you.

Necramech is definitely something that would help a lot in Open Worlds and sometimes Railjack. Before you needed to grind up the standing to get the Voidrig Blueprints, Now you get them for free, how great is that? That is literal week+ that is being saved (depending on your MR). Sure you still have to go and get the parts, but you have your buddy with you, he knows the drill, as a hardcore veteran he should not have trouble carrying you. Even more, you can always ask him if he has some spare Damaged parts, i will bet he has some. Still tricking out your Necramech will be much faster than if you tried to get one and max it out at launch.

Even Amps got a reduction in crafting cost, like damn, I wish it was like that when it first came, would have saved me few hours here and there huh. Upping your MR is quite easy these days, one can become MR 30+ for a month with the right boosters and advise, so I cannot see MR as a source of valid criticism. I can make 12 MR 30 accounts in a year(or less) and then go a skew any voting happening that is MR locked. Hope you see the problem with this - there are MR 30 accounts for sale, and there are new players that would buy one, or you know get boosted and get their account to MR 30 for a month, both things are kinda yucky to me. It is not a problem with the idea, idea is good, but people..... some of them kinda suck and ruin it for everyone.

What you described is what i felt when trying to return to GW2 after a 2 month break. I have taken much much bigger breaks from Warframe, and never have I ever felt "weak" on return. Sure I had to rearrange some builds, and go fetch a thing from a new Syndicate for something new and shiny but it Never felt overwhelming and that is without any friendly help!

Catch up mechanics? In a primarily PvE game that actually reduces grind for older content? What if you are the veteran? You spent, let's say 3 months, grinding an update out, and then comes mister Mc. Immabuy Maxedaccount and gets an Account that has been AFK for 5 years, he logs in, and now is right behind you cuz Catchup u know, and he pokes you in the butt with "What best build for best weapon" type of questions, cuz he has all the pieces you spent time grinding, but no experience to put them together. I saw a guy like this once, he even bragged he bought the account, flexed his Excal Prime, and then proceeded to ask me how much plat is it for him to directly buy my mods - the mods from my config..... didn't even ask how it works. Do You want people like this to get free progression? I mean buying plat is ok, but these people don't buy the accounts from DE....

If you experienced what you experienced with Warframe, I have some bad news, your friends are not actually being very helpful, even if they appear to be. What you described happens when the new stuff is not properly explained with good farming strats added. The community can always help, that is the catch up mechanic we have established as a group, and it is worth more than what you might get from a free booster for being afk 1-2 months. If you need help catching up, by any means feel free to DM me, either here or in game if I am online, I will be more than happy to help, just like many others, and I promise you it will not take you 3-4 months to be on the same power level ;)

On 2022-09-16 at 11:42 PM, [DE]Rebecca said:

Tenno, 

-[DE]Rebecca

The Final Archon fight fares bad. To solo it one must conform to a very narrow meta. Otherwise the damage input is too slow and Nira keeps regenerating, virtually ending the mission in a draw. I'm all up for challenging gameplay, but I'm out if it restricts me to a certain build, which I have to manually assemble.
Fighting archons solo as a drifter provided with a cool bow was fun. Yet fighting archons with your whole arsenal is somehow much worse and in fact quite miserable, especially solo. Nira is killable of course, but the experience of dealing with her is not much fun. And she dies at half health in second phase for whatever reason.

Le 24/09/2022 à 15:06, Graavarg a dit :

I think you are right and wrong at the same time 🙂. DE does have ample opportunities to make Warframe better, but those improvements are impossible to achieve without a lot of negative sentiment. And that is why they take short cuts and make half-measured fixes.

Absolutely untrue.

If they would of jsut removed firestorm, AOE oneshotting the room and through walls would be done with, but AOE weapons would still be fun, and they would not of inadvertantly hurt so many other weapons. They just made a bad call.

Removing so many fun operator abilities was jsut a bad call. They did do some good work on the new stuff they redid. but removing so many cool attacks, and not adding more with the ability to have to choose between them to truly customize your build, was such a bad call.

Making Khal a scavenger hunt was a bad call.

When DE does good things, they dont get a lot of negative sentiment:
-Angels of the Zaramen missions and arcanes where good, no mass amounts of negatitvity
-SP void fissures was awesome and long overdue, great move, and no mass negativity

If they do well, people are grateful. Even with the melee nerfts, they did it in such a way that still left melee effective and FUN, but toned it down when most agreed it needed it. AOE did need to have firestorm toned/down and removed, but the ammo change was just an incredibly bad way to do it. So many of it's advocates are still complaining too, as they still end up not getting kills, because, in all likelyhood, AOE was never the issue, and they where just paired with people whom are higher skilled then then them and would reach mobs and kill them before they got there, even if AOE was removed. Blaming AOE all this time was may of been the excuse, as the vast vast majority of good players use AOE weapons

Archived