Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Warframe speculation: Joe mad's werewolf

(XBOX)Nightseid

14 minutes ago, (XBOX)GearsMatrix301 said:

Unfortunately with the way the last few frame, including Styanax, have gone. I don’t think DE has any interesting in making truly exceptional frames anymore. Just make mediocre frames with unrealized potential, and anything even slightly above that (Gyre and Styanax) nerf them into mediocrity.

So yeah don’t have hopes for Werewolf frame.

The thing is, they are interested, but this community whine for everything.

Shamelessly quoting myself from another thread:

On 2022-10-01 at 6:40 PM, shut said:

... we have seen her visual design, and it's very thematically different from a werewolf.

I'm sure lots of people love her current concept, but it doesn't change the fact that people clamoring for a werewolf for the past decade were expecting, you know... a freaking werewolf, instead of an overdesigned weirdly-sexualized reptilian skull collector with a poofy fox tail.

EDIT:

As far as werewolf warframe concepts go, I was (VERY VERY roughly) expecting something a bit more along the lines of the following:

ZpbJTpf.png

ksnw1oS.png

You know, something more beastlike. More mammalian. Something that wouldn't look too out of place stalking+hunting+eating humans in the wilderness.

(These are AI-generated images, by the way.)

OT: That Fenrir concept that OP linked is amazing, and I'm really bummed that the current concept doesn't resemble it in any way.

I was definitely expecting the official design to be closer to Fenrir (i.e. a vaguely wolflike humanoid who can morph into a bigger and more "carnal" beast mode), but instead we got... a weirdly sexualized overdesigned mishmash of concepts that each easily could have been their own frame.

On 2022-10-03 at 9:24 PM, (PSN)isbergen said:

Sevagoth is mediocre at best, and mainly exists to get Gloom in Helminth for other frames.

Dude, Sevagoths 1 of the best frames in the game. The only thing holding him back is the massive forma investment.

Also, Xaku had WAY too much turmoil and negative changes made to them after release. It’s very hard for me to call them great. The numbers and perfmance capabilities are there. But it’s delivered in a kit that’s just too clunky and counter intuitive for me to say it’s good.

24 minutes ago, (XBOX)GearsMatrix301 said:

(Gyre and Styanax) nerf them into mediocrity.

Mediocrity? Can't say anything for Gyre since I haven't used her. But Styanax is pretty damn good. 

Armor stripping, energy regen that can be amped up with Zenurik, can constantly replenish shield gating, if that fails he can heal himself, admittedly his grouping ability is wonky but when you get the hang of it works really well. And to top it all off his ult looks dope and dishes out fantastic damage.

Just now, TomCruisesSon said:

Mediocrity? Can't say anything for Gyre since I haven't used her. But Styanax is pretty damn good. 

Armor stripping, energy regen that can be amped up with Zenurik, can constantly replenish shield gating, if that fails he can heal himself, admittedly his grouping ability is wonky but when you get the hang of it works really well. And to top it all off his ult looks dope and dishes out fantastic damage.

Yeah but then DE nerfed him and have done anything to help some of his shortcomings in return.
Gyres really good with 500% power strength. But given the chances you get to actually have that on her it means nothing. She’s lacking in the DPS department. Which is not good for a DPS frame.

1 minute ago, (XBOX)GearsMatrix301 said:

Yeah but then DE nerfed him and have done anything to help some of his shortcomings in return.

I'm talking post nerf, I've been using him since the nerf and he's still stellar. Not sure what shortcomings he has besides his 1 having weird placement requirements.

21 minutes ago, TomCruisesSon said:

I'm talking post nerf, I've been using him since the nerf and he's still stellar. Not sure what shortcomings he has besides his 1 having weird placement requirements.

Yeah his 1 isn’t great. I was hoping they’d buff its pull when it impacts an enemy so it would carry other enemies to its point of impact.

His 3 isn’t a that great for survivability when at higher levels and his 1 isn’t great at keeping enemies at bay due to its gimmick of needing to hit an enemy.

His 4 leaves him wide open, and you can’t even have the sustained DPS it used to have because DE nerfed it.

Gyre is actually extremely good, she just needs a ton of investment ^^;

I am frequently crushing everything with her on Steel Path now after working out all of the details..

The new Warframe isn't very aesthetically interesting to me but a fun gameplay loop can always save that.

19 minutes ago, cute_moth.npc said:

Gyre is actually extremely good, she just needs a ton of investment ^^;

I am frequently crushing everything with her on Steel Path now after working out all of the details..

The new Warframe isn't very aesthetically interesting to me but a fun gameplay loop can always save that.

I too would like to see the build.

6 minutes ago, Tiltskillet said:

What's your build?

I will share the exact details when I get on to the game later ^^

Roughly they are builds with 225-250% range, 145-190% power strength (then Molt Efficiency to get more). One build with Spellbind over Rotorswell, one with Tharros Strike over Rotorswell and one build with all Gyre skills. Range, efficiency and energy regain were essential.

She was really weak to me until she had enough energy economy to be able to repeatedly cast her 1 and 2 because she has so little else to survive off of and then she needs a bunch of range to be able to get the proc bonus on Arcsphere reliably..

I think she honestly works really well but I haven't seen another Warframe like this where she does really suck until she is completely stacked with a full build.. It felt like putting 8 forma on a Stug at first but eventually she actually started to kick butt.

1 hour ago, (XBOX)GearsMatrix301 said:

Yeah his 1 isn’t great. I was hoping they’d buff its pull when it impacts an enemy so it would carry other enemies to its point of impact.

I was definitely thinking this too during moments I missed a nearby wall/floor.

His 3 isn’t a that great for survivability when at higher levels and his 1 isn’t great at keeping enemies at bay due to its gimmick of needing to hit an enemy.

This is probably where we will differ in terms of playstyle. I'm not playing a mission long enough for this to be an issue. My usual mission time in endless SP is 20-40 minutes. Hour at most if it's Void Cascade. I usually get bored and want to switch to another build, weapon, or frame.

His 4 leaves him wide open, and you can’t even have the sustained DPS it used to have because DE nerfed it.

And this probably another difference in play style. I'm not using that move unless everyone is armor stripped most of the time. Because I'm using that move to regain my shieldgate in combination with his 3.

3 hours ago, (XBOX)GearsMatrix301 said:

Unfortunately with the way the last few frame, including Styanax, have gone. I don’t think DE has any interest in making truly exceptional frames anymore. Just make mediocre frames with unrealized potential, and anything even slightly above that (Gyre and Styanax) nerf them into mediocrity.

So yeah don’t have hopes for Werewolf frame.

That's what I'm afraid of, all this controversy and no one cares if DE will deliver on good game design for a character, when they've released several forgotten flops....

1 hour ago, cute_moth.npc said:

I will share the exact details when I get on to the game later ^^

Roughly they are builds with 225-250% range, 145-190% power strength (then Molt Efficiency to get more). One build with Spellbind over Rotorswell, one with Tharros Strike over Rotorswell and one build with all Gyre skills. Range, efficiency and energy regain were essential.

She was really weak to me until she had enough energy economy to be able to repeatedly cast her 1 and 2 because she has so little else to survive off of and then she needs a bunch of range to be able to get the proc bonus on Arcsphere reliably..

I think she honestly works really well but I haven't seen another Warframe like this where she does really suck until she is completely stacked with a full build.. It felt like putting 8 forma on a Stug at first but eventually she actually started to kick butt.

This inspires me to go out and craft her now :)

I wanted it to be an actual werewolf for one, they have said themselves that's its more like a Shaman frame who uses wolf spirits...sorry that's not a werewolf.  And we have plenty of female frames that annihilate everything, for once I just wanted a male frame I could relate with that could do the same.  Fenrir was more of a werewolf, the current art from Joe Mad deserves its own unique theme like a hellhound, demon, monster necromancer or something darksiders like.  His art deserves better than this mess of themes and twisting of what werewolf fans wanted.  The physical manifestation of someone's inner beast through transformation is what makes a werewolf an actual werewolf.  It's a very masculine concept so the frame should be male or at least look masculine, not be looking like a succubus.  In short I expected an actual werewolf.

Fenrir art here:

https://twitter.com/anzuarden_art/status/1430582016186019844

3 hours ago, (XBOX)Upl0rdYT said:

Lavos is pretty good; it's just that his gimmick is hard to master. I see a lot of high MR players (25+) using him and those people probably have energize. 

As for werewolf frame I'm hoping she is good like Styanax, Lavos, and Sevagoth.

Lavos is perhaps the only skillful warframe I know of, I gave him a try and he's actually pretty fun if you know what to do

Archived