The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Revenant Prime confirmed in Devstream 164 banner. Image with design:

p_silveira

4 hours ago, (XBOX)GearsMatrix301 said:

Seriously, either help me out or stop commenting.

I mean, I don't even know or care what this discussion is about anymore (oh who am I kidding, it's about this guy sidetracking Revenant threads again), but I just wanted to point out that this here is pure argumentative gold.

Ok seriously dude. Did you say you agreed with me about the theme discrepancy?

I agreed that one could have cause to see one given that DE initial announcement teased an Eidolan frame and DE delivered a hybrid instead.

It's their IP and they can do what they want with it.

Why tf are you trying so hard to undermine my arguments?

TBH, I don't have to try very hard. Your arguments are bad.
Frankly,

I don't even generally notice the commentary until you become directly insulting to other posters.

5 hours ago, (XBOX)GearsMatrix301 said:

Vampires kind of do have to be mentioned if there’s to be any evidence that the vampire theme should be there. Or at least some in universe equivalent, but there’s not.

I don't recall any massive complaints about Excal looking like Hayden Tenno, Mesa being a cowgirl, Ember being a flaming chicken, Limbo being whatever he his, Vauban being French, or any number of other thematic direction of other frames but you howl at the mention of Revenant

Wrong. Not everything can be an Eidolon. Within the universe of Warframe only undead sentients are referred to as Eidolons. You cannot apply “well Eidolon means ghost in our world” to a universe that clearly use’s certain terms differently.

drowning GIF  Complaints about the definition of words out of the mouth of the guy that needs "vampire" talked about...

There was literally dialogue in the game that says he was corrupted by the Eidolons. His visual aesthetic is akin to that of the Eidolons. Like dude, it’s pretty obvious he’s eidolon themed. Where tf are you trying to go with this?

What does "tf" mean? 
Otherwise, what are you complaining about if you admit that Revenant is Eidolan themed. 

HEY EVERYBODY!!! @(XBOX)GearsMatrix301 JUST ADMITTED THAT REVENANT IS EIDOLAN THEMED!!!!!

I guess we can all go home now...

Thanks for clearing that up Gears.

22 hours ago, (XBOX)GearsMatrix301 said:

It was a bad creative decision.

You and Rebecca have your own point of view sure. I get it. Debating Rebecca on the subject would be the only thing that would change your mind? I mean she’s pretty sharp. I’m will to bet Reb would win the conversation. That said I’ll take Rebs word, that Rev is both vampire and sentient themed/inspired. 

13 hours ago, (XBOX)CaligulaTwily said:

Oh, after JoJo with DIO, and Castlevania games, I absolutely think "vampires" when I hear about lasers

Yeah I can see that lol. I guess most people were expecting more traditional. If DE didn't announce that the frame would be the vamp frame then Revenant's reception would've been a lot better. They shouldn't really announce a single theme for an unreleased frame if they're gonna just go and make a hybrid concept. If prefaced with an Eidolon vampire or even sentient vampire there wouldn't be that much discourse on Revenant. 

I can see people not accepting a warframe's theme if it's different from what they announced. Like Gearmaster has been for years. I actually agree with what he says to a point because honestly, Revenant just isn't a vamp frame to me. 

1 hour ago, (XBOX)The Neko Otaku said:

Oh btw he does the same in game, had the one unfortunate encounter and he would not stop text screeching at me for playing revenant . So he's basically the same in game as the fourms

40 minutes ago, (XBOX)Upl0rdYT said:

I wonder if he'll react when I pick up the chibi Revenant glyph...

Hey-Farb-I-know-what-we-039-re-gonna-do-

1 hour ago, (XBOX)The Neko Otaku said:

Oh btw he does the same in game, had the one unfortunate encounter and he would not stop text screeching at me for playing revenant . So he's basically the same in game as the fourms

Well that's... disheartening. 

I respect discussion, even heated ones. But if Gears is actively "screeching" at you for playing a frame in game then I've lost respect for anything he's said. 

Forums are one thing, bothering someone in game about it is something else. 

28 minutes ago, Mediloric said:

Well that's... disheartening. 

I respect discussion, even heated ones. But if Gears is actively "screeching" at you for playing a frame in game then I've lost respect for anything he's said. 

Forums are one thing, bothering someone in game about it is something else. 

This↑
If I could upvote this logic 1000 times I would.

Harassing people in-game simply is not cool. Get some perspective or get a prescription

19 hours ago, -Krism- said:

No, you're just trying to derail the conversation, stay on Revenant

Yeah, just like I said you're not even trying anymore, you keep twisting what I say to fit what you want to hear

Guess I assumed too much of you

You’re the one who started talking about frames that weren’t Revenant.

Seriously you want to win this argument it’s easy. Find a logic explanation for Revenants vampire theme to exist that is backed up by in game evidence.

18 hours ago, p_silveira said:

I mean, I don't even know or care what this discussion is about anymore (oh who am I kidding, it's about this guy sidetracking Revenant threads again), but I just wanted to point out that this here is pure argumentative gold.

Well he’s not really helping them win either. Just adding more nonsensical clutter that the rest eat up because no one knows how to make a logical argument.

18 hours ago, Zimzala said:

Like you just repeat the same thing over and over thinking it will change minds?

You literally just keep moving the goal posts to the same point - in YOUR judgmental outlook, Revenant _should_ not have something the people that make the game specifically decided he has. Period.

You can rail against that until the heat death if the universe, it boils down to nothing more than you being judgmental and demanding everyone follow your POV.

Truly, in two decades of being on gaming forums, one of the silliest arguments I have ever encountered.

You don't think something 'should be' in a game...so what?

Providing multiple arguments that prove my side and disprove the opposing sides arguments is not moving the goal post. It’s the literal structure of how an argument works.

Rebecca decided to put a vampire theme on Revenant. And there is no logical in game explanation for him to have anything even remotely related to Vampires. I am allowed to make that argument. Regardless of what you think.

Not to mention literally any that’s titled “nerf/buff *” is literally people saying something in the game should/shouldn’t have some specific thing.

3 minutes ago, (XBOX)GearsMatrix301 said:

Seriously you want to win this argument it’s easy. Find a logic explanation for Revenants vampire theme to exist that is backed up by in game evidence.

No thanks, because you won't hear it, I'm done with you

I'm dumb, but not to the point to keep arguing with you until the end of time, & maybe you should follow that example

Get an actual hobby other than arguing with strangers online on the themes of video game character

18 hours ago, Padre_Akais said:

I agreed that one could have cause to see one given that DE initial announcement teased an Eidolan frame and DE delivered a hybrid instead.

It's their IP and they can do what they want with it.

TBH, I don't have to try very hard. Your arguments are bad.
Frankly,

I don't even generally notice the commentary until you become directly insulting to other posters.

I don't recall any massive complaints about Excal looking like Hayden Tenno, Mesa being a cowgirl, Ember being a flaming chicken, Limbo being whatever he his, Vauban being French, or any number of other thematic direction of other frames but you howl at the mention of Revenant

drowning GIF  Complaints about the definition of words out of the mouth of the guy that needs "vampire" talked about...

What does "tf" mean? 
Otherwise, what are you complaining about if you admit that Revenant is Eidolan themed. 

HEY EVERYBODY!!! @(XBOX)GearsMatrix301 JUST ADMITTED THAT REVENANT IS EIDOLAN THEMED!!!!!

I guess we can all go home now...

Thanks for clearing that up Gears.

And yet the second I star throwing out in game evidence to support my side of the argument you immediately flip to “stfu Gears. You don’t know what you’re talking about. You’re just making things up”. Meanwhile you’re not even criticizing the people who are pulling from anything that isn’t even the game itself.

That’s because those frames weren’t based off enemies with pre-established abilities and lore.

Ok seriously dude. How many times do I have to explain this? Revenant is Eidolon AND vampire themed. My argument is that he should not have a vampire theme.

Geesh. You accuse me of having bad arguments yet you don’t even fully understand what we’re even arguing about.

Archived