The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Give Primed Sure Footed To Baro Ki'Teer As Well As Being A Daily Tribute Reward.

DraakonBW

45 minutes ago, (XBOX)Rez090 said:

actually, no you won't

What do you mean by that? Like no i wont be able to use a feature to make my xbox save useable on all platforms, or no they are no longer making cross save which would be the stupidest thing a dev studio could ever do after saying they will work on it as it erodes trust in the people who were really wanting the feature, or no i will not be using my xbox save even though yes i will?

19 hours ago, Skoomaseller said:

it is literally what you're saying lol

Actually, no.  What I literally said was 

On 11/25/2022 at 9:58 PM, Troll_Logic said:

So you want DE to give you the mod while screwing over the people who actually went through the login reward process?  And before you reply with "But I said 1000 ducats and 1,000,000 credits," that's relatively nothing and can be farmed quickly.

Everyone who has the mod earned that mod through the current process.  You, the OP, or anyone else (I'm not going to look over who's who) may or may not agree with that process.  But what you, OP, or anyone who wants the mod now wants is to exchange that process for a trivial game-playing process.  That's not fair to the people who completed the original process.  There's no "I suffered, you must suffer" mindset involved.

1 hour ago, Troll_Logic said:

That's not fair to the people who completed the original process.

this is literally the crabs in a bucket mentality I am talking about

even if PSF went on sale for 1 credit tomorrow I would not mind it at all, the mod is a huge game changer in how the game functions currently and to lock it behind a 400+ daily login milestone is such a joke

4 hours ago, draaftl0re said:

What do you mean by that? Like no i wont be able to use a feature to make my xbox save useable on all platforms, or no they are no longer making cross save which would be the stupidest thing a dev studio could ever do after saying they will work on it as it erodes trust in the people who were really wanting the feature, or no i will not be using my xbox save even though yes i will?

there are no separate saves with crosssave, never has been

3 hours ago, Skoomaseller said:

even if PSF went on sale for 1 credit tomorrow I would not mind it at all, the mod is a huge game changer in how the game functions currently and to lock it behind a 400+ daily login milestone is such a joke

100% agreed. It's not an achievement to simply login to the game anyways. It's a mod everyone should have access to and is arbitrarily locked behind 400 days for 0 good reason.

Its not necessary for steel path. I haven't used it once. I personally think its a wasted slot more often than not. 

Anyway, in saying that, not a single reward from daily tribute should be obtainable elsewhere in my opinion. As it is now everyone can only get 1 and they're guaranteed to get it eventually. If we open it up to other sources then people can obtain it before the tribute and then have no purpose behind the tribute other than to try and trade it off (assuming trading would be active on it if iy were from baro that is) to someone else at their expense, wasting their tribute and so on. 

If there is an actual inherent need for primed sure footed then I think it should be replaced entirely by a different and new mod, rather than giving a daily tribute from a second source. 

Tl;dr 

[Non evergreen] Daily tribute rewards should only be obtainable once by any player. They should swap it with a new reward if there is an inherent need for any daily tribute reward. 

8 hours ago, (PSN)Joylesstuna said:

100% agreed. It's not an achievement to simply login to the game anyways. It's a mod everyone should have access to and is arbitrarily locked behind 400 days for 0 good reason.

I would say it is an achievement, but locking important S#&$ behind said achievement is not good. 

Lodestar armor/syandana? sure. S#&$ like PSF, Primed Shred etc? no. hell no.

12 hours ago, Skoomaseller said:

Again, if you read it that way that's your interpretation.  You know, despite me stating yet again, that's not my point.

There are two arguments for providing PSF now and they are "I want it now," and the slightly less obvious "I want it now, but so it doesn't sound like I'm whining I was to suggest I buy it with trivial game play so I can argue I 'earned it in a different way.'"

I shouldn't be surprised.  I got into a discussion a while back where I was complaining about the 1+km run to the objective and the 1+km run to objective and some guy kept saying I wanted the game times to be shorter despite my arguments to the contrary.

I guess the old adage is correct.   'Sir, I have found you an argument; but I am not obliged to find you an understanding.'

9 hours ago, (PSN)Joylesstuna said:

Actually it is.  It will less of an achievement once players can log in using their phones.  The mod is a reward for players sticking with the game.  Your argument is "There are no achievements in the game so give the player everything now.  All weapons, all warframes, all mods, all full arcanes, and completely leveled up."

52 minutes ago, Skoomaseller said:

I would say it is an achievement, but locking important S#&$ behind said achievement is not good. 

Lodestar armor/syandana? sure. S#&$ like PSF, Primed Shred etc? no. hell no.

It's an earned reward.

1 hour ago, Troll_Logic said:

Actually it is.  It will less of an achievement once players can log in using their phones.  The mod is a reward for players sticking with the game.  Your argument is "There are no achievements in the game so give the player everything now.  All weapons, all warframes, all mods, all full arcanes, and completely leveled up."

That's not what I said at all. Don't twist other people's words. I only mentioned the act of simply logging in and not it isn't a feat.

2 hours ago, (PSN)Joylesstuna said:

That's not what I said at all. Don't twist other people's words. I only mentioned the act of simply logging in and not it isn't a feat.

I stand by the first half of what I said, but you are right about the second half.  I was replying to another argument and I shouldn't have.  My bad.

7 hours ago, Troll_Logic said:

Again, if you read it that way that's your interpretation.  You know, despite me stating yet again, that's not my point.

There are two arguments for providing PSF now and they are "I want it now," and the slightly less obvious "I want it now, but so it doesn't sound like I'm whining I was to suggest I buy it with trivial game play so I can argue I 'earned it in a different way.'"

I shouldn't be surprised.  I got into a discussion a while back where I was complaining about the 1+km run to the objective and the 1+km run to objective and some guy kept saying I wanted the game times to be shorter despite my arguments to the contrary.

I guess the old adage is correct.   'Sir, I have found you an argument; but I am not obliged to find you an understanding.'

It's an earned reward.

no one is saying "gimme psf now!!!" it just shouldn't be behind a 400 day login.

via baro like most of the rest of the primed mods? yeah sure.

you are literally making up a guy in your head. 

also, that is the only way to interpret what you're saying. if you have an issue with that, phrase your #*!%ing sentences better.

See this is the "Carrot on a stick" issue. It takes 2 years login to get the mod but people don't want to play warframe after 3 months.

So who wants a Loyalty Program? After logging in x amount of day straight a player gets mods and bonuses. Any break in logging in will get rid of those bonuses making the player having to log in x amount of days to receive those mods and bonuses.

4 minutes ago, (PSN)jaggerwanderer said:

See this is the "Carrot on a stick" issue. It takes 2 years login to get the mod but people don't want to play warframe after 3 months.

So who wants a Loyalty Program? After logging in x amount of day straight a player gets mods and bonuses. Any break in logging in will get rid of those bonuses making the player having to log in x amount of days to receive those mods and bonuses.

Trying to look at it fairly, taking into account DE's point of view too...

Cosmetics are fine.  Consumables are fine.  Gimmick weapons and incremental non-game changing mod upgrades are, if not fine, acceptable.  I'd prefer they not be in there.  But I can understand having a few things that entice people who don't care about cosmetics and consumables.

PSF actually wasn't inappropriate early on.  It wasn't until it and Sure Footed got buffed to prevent more than knockdowns that it got stupid.  That this happened at the same time as the introduction of self stagger on AoE just magnified it to absurd levels.

12 minutes ago, Skoomaseller said:

no one is saying "gimme psf now!!!"

That's exactly what they are saying.  Want proof?  Right here.

15 minutes ago, Skoomaseller said:

via baro like most of the rest of the primed mods? yeah sure.

Right there. 

16 minutes ago, Skoomaseller said:

No idea what you mean.

16 minutes ago, Skoomaseller said:

also, that is the only way to interpret what you're saying. if you have an issue with that, phrase your #*!%ing sentences better.

Apparently not because I don't interpret what I'm saying that way.  That's what you want to read because you don't want to consider my words any differently.  That's obvious.  One day you'll learn why you don't want to even consider changing your mind.  I think your enlightenment reward will take longer than 400 days though.

There is a process that every one who has certain rewards went through to get those rewards.  DE REWARDED the players that continually played the game.  You know, the people who played the game, bought the plat, paid their salaries.  Impatient players don't want to go through the same process.  They want a shortcut to the reward.  It really is that simple. 

30 minutes ago, Troll_Logic said:

That's exactly what they are saying.  Want proof?  Right here.

Right there. 

No idea what you mean.

Apparently not because I don't interpret what I'm saying that way.  That's what you want to read because you don't want to consider my words any differently.  That's obvious.  One day you'll learn why you don't want to even consider changing your mind.  I think your enlightenment reward will take longer than 400 days though.

There is a process that every one who has certain rewards went through to get those rewards.  DE REWARDED the players that continually played the game.  You know, the people who played the game, bought the plat, paid their salaries.  Impatient players don't want to go through the same process.  They want a shortcut to the reward.  It really is that simple. 

rewards for playing the game are well and good, as I've mentioned with examples (lodestar armor/syandana). 

if OP was arguing that the Lodestar set should've been made available via Baro, then I would agree with you. but they are referring to mods. upgraded mods, which are the life and blood of our power.

when the reward is important bits of power locked behind a super lengthy time gate with no alternative acquisition method, it becomes a problem.

it doesn't matter if one doesn't value these mods as much as others ("well I don't use PSF/Primed Shred/etc" and so on), it is still power.

that is my argument. and OP's. that the process SUCKS. that it can and SHOULD be better.

but please, do continue to be purposely blind and condescending. everyone wants to be right after all! even if their argument could be put down by a toddler.

"no idea what you mean" ah okay. "troll_logic" indeed.

48 minutes ago, Skoomaseller said:

when the reward is important bits of power locked behind a super lengthy time gate with no alternative acquisition method, it becomes a problem.

Why?

Wouldn't the "important bits of power" be the most reasonable thing to lock for a reward?  A reward, after all, is a reward.  An "ammo drum" wouldn't be a reward.

49 minutes ago, Skoomaseller said:

that is my argument. and OP's. that the process SUCKS. that it can and SHOULD be better.

The process doesn't suck.  It's a known process and it is eminently fair to everyone.  Do this and you get this.

50 minutes ago, Skoomaseller said:

but please, do continue to be purposely blind and condescending. everyone wants to be right after all! even if their argument could be put down by a toddler.

My argument is clear and precise.  There is a process.  It's a known process and it's fair.  Complete the process and you get a reward that's worthy of the reward.  There is no discrimination and there are no penalties.  You & the OP want the reward to be available to everyone now for next to nothing.  As for condescension, the toddler's argument, by the way is how you are referring to yourself and that's hilarious, is "I WANT IT NOW."

55 minutes ago, Skoomaseller said:

"no idea what you mean"

So explain to me what you meant.  How am I making up a guy in my head?  Do you mean the conversation I mentioned?

56 minutes ago, Skoomaseller said:

"troll_logic" indeed.

I'm surprised it took you that long to get to the point.  "Someone disagrees with me so he's a troll."  Nice.

On 3/2/2023 at 10:34 AM, draaftl0re said:

We dont know exactly how cross save is going to work yet. Your xbox account will be playable on other platforms but you might not be able to use platinum bought on that original platform when logged in elsewhere or you might even be restricted from spending money on your account on another platform thats different from your starting platform (i say this because this is how sony do it with other games, not sure about xbox, but we dont know how its going to work for warframe yet. But looking at sonys way of doing things I think its a high possibility that restrictions lile this will be put in place, no matter how anti consumer I think it is I dont think DE would be able to do anything about it unless they booted the companies who want it from the cross save deal (which is not gonna happen surely))

35 minutes ago, Troll_Logic said:

Wouldn't the "important bits of power" be the most reasonable thing to lock for a reward?  A reward, after all, is a reward.  An "ammo drum" wouldn't be a reward.

yes. but not behind a login reward. look at galvanized mods. those are important bits of power too. but they're not time gated, they're gated behind arbitrations.

My argument is clear and precise.  There is a process.  It's a known process and it's fair.  Complete the process and you get a reward that's worthy of the reward.  There is no discrimination and there are no penalties.  You & the OP want the reward to be available to everyone now for next to nothing.  As for condescension, the toddler's argument, by the way is how you are referring to yourself and that's hilarious, is "I WANT IT NOW."

you are still being obtuse.

everyone knows your argument. you don't have to repeat "but my argument is clear tho!!" ad nauseam. your argument sucks.

I'm saying that the current system isn't good and should be better. and again, no one is saying it should be locked behind nothing/be completely free, so idk why you're attacking a straw man here.

Baro is an option. Grind your prime parts, or trade for it. Hell it doesn't need to be baro. there could be a new (and much better than baro FOMO) avenue for grinding primed mods.

So explain to me what you meant.  How am I making up a guy in my head?  Do you mean the conversation I mentioned?

see above. if you still don't understand, you need to read a book.

I'm surprised it took you that long to get to the point.  "Someone disagrees with me so he's a troll."  Nice.

no idea what you're saying here. if you're not going to engage in feedback discussions in good faith, please get lost.

3 minutes ago, Skoomaseller said:

yes. but not behind a login reward. look at galvanized mods. those are important bits of power too. but they're not time gated, they're gated behind arbitrations.

Ok.  And?  Some mods are dropped like water.  Some require a quest.  Some require a process of gather resources.  Some are a reward to players who have played the game for a while.  Diff'rent strokes dude.

6 minutes ago, Skoomaseller said:

you are still being obtuse.

I am certainly not being obtuse.  I am very clear and consistent in my argument and I completely understand your argument.  Probably better than you do becasue I am thinking it out to the logical conclusion.  I'm not stopping thinking at "it sucks and it should be better."  If you want me to consider a different argument than Baro, present one.

As for the straw man, sorry Bolger.  Collecting the reward from Baro would be effectively free.  What would it cost?  1000 ducats and 2 million credits IIRC someone suggested at some time?  That's nothing to farm.  2000 ducats and 4 million credits?  Slightly longer to farm, but still basically nothing.  

I've built almost 20,000 ciphers because I have nothing else to build and use for the resources.  I have 49,000 ducats in prime parts and I'm not someone who farms prime parts for trade.  Resources are plentiful.  Same with relics.  Boosters exist.

I'm going to let you in on a little secret.  Ok?  Just you and me.

Come here.

A little closer.

People are suggesting Baro because they know it'll be an easy way.  They won't suggest an arduous way to obtain PSF.  Any competent player can raise 2,000 ducats and 4 million credits in a few hours with a little plat.

No is suggesting PSF is rewarded after a player had maxed 40 warframes and 300 weapons.  Because that would actually take time and effort.

All someone has to do is log in.  Not play.  Not burn 4 hours a day.  Not grind.  Simply log in.  And not even in a row.  They can log in once a day whenever they feel like it.

14 minutes ago, Skoomaseller said:

no idea what you're saying here. if you're not going to engage in feedback discussions in good faith, please get lost.

You're absolutely right.  Here's an example.

2 hours ago, Skoomaseller said:

49 minutes ago, Troll_Logic said:

15 minutes ago, Skoomaseller said:

see above. if you still don't understand, you need to read a book.

Yup.  Engaging in good faith alright.

3 hours ago, Troll_Logic said:

Ok.  And?  Some mods are dropped like water.  Some require a quest.  Some require a process of gather resources.  Some are a reward to players who have played the game for a while.  Diff'rent strokes dude.

astounding how you cannot see a similarity with all 3: they require you to PLAY, and aren't gated behind 400 DAY LOGINS.

I am certainly not being obtuse.  I am very clear and consistent in my argument and I completely understand your argument.  Probably better than you do becasue I am thinking it out to the logical conclusion. I'm not stopping thinking at "it sucks and it should be better."  If you want me to consider a different argument than Baro, present one.

FmX2jd8WAAQAR61.jpg

As for the straw man, sorry Bolger.  Collecting the reward from Baro would be effectively free.  What would it cost?  1000 ducats and 2 million credits IIRC someone suggested at some time?  That's nothing to farm.  2000 ducats and 4 million credits?  Slightly longer to farm, but still basically nothing.  

for a long time player like myself and many others who already have the mod, are well beyond 400 days of login, and swimming in resources, of course it'd be free.

this isn't the case for someone who isn't. someone who doesn't have the endo, the credits, the ducats... someone who is still progressing through the game. yknow, a regular player.

this person would also have to consider stuff like primed flow, primed continuity, primed heated charge, etc.

and PSF would not be guaranteed to come every rotation, as is the case with everything Baro sells.

there's a discussion to be had about Ki'teer FOMO in general, but not here.

I've built almost 20,000 ciphers because I have nothing else to build and use for the resources.  I have 49,000 ducats in prime parts and I'm not someone who farms prime parts for trade.  Resources are plentiful.  Same with relics.  Boosters exist.

I'm... proud of you? Okay? lol

<poor attempt at being cheeky>

People are suggesting Baro because they know it'll be an easy way.  They won't suggest an arduous way to obtain PSF.  Any competent player can raise 2,000 ducats and 4 million credits in a few hours with a little plat.

No is suggesting PSF is rewarded after a player had maxed 40 warframes and 300 weapons.  Because that would actually take time and effort.

All someone has to do is log in.  Not play.  Not burn 4 hours a day.  Not grind.  Simply log in.  And not even in a row.  They can log in once a day whenever they feel like it.

as it is, most primed mods are locked behind baro. "an easy way" bruh. like I said, it's easy for us. not for someone who doesn't have said resources. 

primed flow, continuity, banes, all are behind baro. all staples of many builds. why is it that PSF needs special treatment?

progression in power should never be locked behind #*!%ing milestone rewards, lol. that is my whole point as I've mentioned previously already.

btw, there are 3 other primed mods locked behind daily logins. they're not as valuable (primed fury maybe) as PSF, but they all should be obtainable via baro. If not, as I said, another avenue to obtain all primed mods should be available. it can be anything reasonable. boss fights, arbitrations, whatever.

Yup.  Engaging in good faith alright.

3 hours ago, Skoomaseller said:

no one is saying it should be locked behind nothing/be completely free, so idk why you're attacking a straw man here.

Come here.

A little closer.

People are suggesting Baro because they know it'll be an easy way. is rewarded after a player had maxed 40 warframes and 300 weapons.  Because that would actually take time and effort.

"not being obtuse" btw yet making the same terrible point over and over xdxdxd

1 hour ago, Skoomaseller said:

astounding how you cannot see a similarity with all 3: they require you to PLAY, and aren't gated behind 400 DAY LOGINS.

Again, diff'rent strokes Willis.  All mods have different ways to obtain.  Yes, I understand the login reward system is different.  So?  It's different.  Astounding how you cannot see that is doesn't bother me.  It's fair to all players.  All ages.  All gaming machines.  It can't be bought or hurried.  Can't be rushed.  Just like Joker said "It's fair."

Skipping the immature inanity.

this isn't the case for someone who isn't. someone who doesn't have the endo, the credits, the ducats... someone who is still progressing through the game. yknow, a regular player.

Any regular player with around 500 plat can farm 2,000 ducats and 4 million credits in a short afternoon if they have the trades available.

and PSF would not be guaranteed to come every rotation, as is the case with everything Baro sells.

But it would still be faster than the current system and it wouldn't require the player to do anything other than logging in during Baro.  Well, other than that one afternoon of farming.

Trust me, you're not making it seem like Baro is a comparative option.  You're suggesting Baro for the same reason everyone else does.  It would be faster and require less effort than the 400 logins.  That's the obvious reason for suggesting Baro.  It's easier.  If getting the mod through Baro wouldn't be easier or faster, no one would be suggesting it.

Instead of focusing on the "I WANT THE MOD NOW" argument,  why not consider why the mod is available.  It's a gift from DE to loyal players to show DE's appreciation.

as it is, most primed mods are locked behind baro. "an easy way" bruh. like I said, it's easy for us. not for someone who doesn't have said resources. 

The only resource needed is plat and a very little time.  

primed flow, continuity, banes, all are behind baro. all staples of many builds.

Actually trade.  Available at any time.

why is it that PSF needs special treatment?

Because it is a REWARD from DE to loyal players.  This isn't difficult.  Once you get past the mindset of "I WANT IT NOW," their reasoning is clear.  DE is showing appreciation to the players that stick around and play the game thus supporting their business.

"not being obtuse" btw yet making the same terrible point over and over xdxdxd

"Obtuse" doesn't mean what you think it means.  Me making the same terrible point over and over again isn't being obtuse.  You could say I'm stubborn.  Or that I'm pedantic.  But certainly not obtuse by making the same point over and over.  You, however, by not grasping PSF is a reward from DE to loyal players, are being obtuse.

I'm not even at day 100 despite being a founder because the system was added well after I stopped playing actively. It would be nice to have access to non-cosmetic login rewards from baro and have the weapons and mods be replaced with cosmetics. Having quality of life and objective upgrades like primed shred months or years away just feels bad.

P.S. I'd trade my excal prime for all the exclusive login rewards anyday lol

57 minutes ago, Lilybun said:

I'm not even at day 100 despite being a founder because the system was added well after I stopped playing actively. It would be nice to have access to non-cosmetic login rewards from baro and have the weapons and mods be replaced with cosmetics. Having quality of life and objective upgrades like primed shred months or years away just feels bad.

P.S. I'd trade my excal prime for all the exclusive login rewards anyday lol

finally, someone with sense.

Archived