Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

New Endurance Run

I know most people will stick to survival after getting everything they want from Duviri Circuit. But I wonder for the level cap players would they choose this over Disruption as this game mode will be more engaging, however the scaling might not be as fast. 

For people who do not know what Duviri Circuit is, it is game mode where every round the game mode will change to a different endurance run. Like it will start off as survival and after 5 min it will change to defense.

Fully depends what rewards it will have tied to it. If there will be some evergreen or not, if not, no point grinding it over SP/fissure survival or disruption. It also depends on how seamless the transition between modes will be, if we are constantly forced to face loading screen etc. it will be another reason not to run it, since it will eat buffs, specters, slow down the overall time and so on.

58 minutes ago, (XBOX)UltraMagnus5000 said:

I know most people will stick to survival after getting everything they want from Duviri Circuit. But I wonder for the level cap players would they choose this over Disruption as this game mode will be more engaging, however the scaling might not be as fast. 

For people who do not know what Duviri Circuit is, it is game mode where every round the game mode will change to a different endurance run. Like it will start off as survival and after 5 min it will change to defense.

Problem is, survival, disruption, or other levelcap game modes like void cascade all require their own specific loadouts, so a build for disruption will never reach the 100 kills per minute requirement of survival, and a 100 kps build for survival will never have the pure single target dps to kill a demolyst in an adequate amount of time.

15 minutes ago, Mazifet said:

Problem is, survival, disruption, or other levelcap game modes like void cascade all require their own specific loadouts, so a build for disruption will never reach the 100 kills per minute requirement of survival, and a 100 kps build for survival will never have the pure single target dps to kill a demolyst in an adequate amount of time.

I do agree some build won't translate well in other game modes but I disagree with the fact you need 100 kills per minute for survival because there is life support that will spawn in within the 5 minute.

52 minutes ago, SneakyErvin said:

Fully depends what rewards it will have tied to it. If there will be some evergreen or not, if not, no point grinding it over SP/fissure survival or disruption. It also depends on how seamless the transition between modes will be, if we are constantly forced to face loading screen etc. it will be another reason not to run it, since it will eat buffs, specters, slow down the overall time and so on.

Some people do disruption purely to get to level cap so I do not think it need some evergreen rewards, it just depends if people find it interesting or easy/fast to get to level cap. Also I feel majority of people might play the actual duviri gamemode because a rogue type game can almost always be interesting. 

Also transition is a worry I did not even thought about. That is good call because DE never show us how it transition.

I think in order for a new endurance run to be worth it has to offer one of two things:

Level Scaling

Rewards

Level Cap Time: I don't think this can work considering that people don't run survival because in order to reach level cap there it takes around 8 hours worth of level scaling. Disruption and Void Cascade are a lot more efficient.

Rewards: Now this is the enticing one that may make the mode worth it. While it is unlikely that it will be subject to normal rewards like arbitrations. or even SP Acolytes. The new rewards offered in Duvuri can make this amazing to run from the rewards perspective.

So I think it is going to largely depend on if the gamemode offers an "endless" reward sink like Relics or Kvua for example.

2 minutes ago, XHADgaming said:

I think in order for a new endurance run to be worth it has to offer one of two things:

Level Scaling

Rewards

Level Cap Time: I don't think this can work considering that people don't run survival because in order to reach level cap there it takes around 8 hours worth of level scaling. Disruption and Void Cascade are a lot more efficient.

Rewards: Now this is the enticing one that may make the mode worth it. While it is unlikely that it will be subject to normal rewards like arbitrations. or even SP Acolytes. The new rewards offered in Duvuri can make this amazing to run from the rewards perspective.

So I think it is going to largely depend on if the gamemode offers an "endless" reward sink like Relics or Kvua for example.

True because the only reward we know is Warframe parts on regular mode and incarnon adapter on Steel Path. It is unsure if there is going to be other rewards.

1 hour ago, (XBOX)UltraMagnus5000 said:

I do agree some build won't translate well in other game modes but I disagree with the fact you need 100 kills per minute for survival because there is life support that will spawn in within the 5 minute.

Relying on towers in survival is the lamest endurance though. If you cant maintain high enough kps you're just running around the map hitting towers messing up spawns making everything worse.

Level cap for the sake of level cap would be far more of a flex in Circuit than it is in Disruption, so it might be ran just for that.

As for doing it just to fight level cap enemies it'll depend on how long it actually takes to hit the cap in there vs Disruption. And if those types of players are able and willing to manage the changing objective types.

personally I'm not that interested in endurance runs or hitting the Level cap enemies, I'm mainly there to get whatever rewards the mode offers, and hopefully have some fun while I'm at it. I would still like for this place to have scaling rewards though, because lord knows Endurance runners can't have s**t these days, amirite? 

Yeah I highly doubt that a survival/defense hybrid mission will be able to beat out void cascade's 1 hour level cap speed. Seriously we're talking 1 hour to get to level cap vs 9 hours in a normal survival, I can't see the Duviri version being much quicker.

Only way I can see Duviri NOT becoming yet another content island is if they add fissures (no, normal fissures won't cut it, we can all see that because of railjack's void storms) 
Give us the option to open multiple relics in one go, many players already have relic counts that would take literal months of survival to open.

I don't see any real issue with letting us obtain the full value of what we already have in our inventories but just at a faster rate.

On 3/8/2023 at 6:25 PM, Mazifet said:

You have 3 weapon slots (not counting lame archgun). You can do them all with a single incarnon weapon. So thats the least of concerns. 

It wont be played for long endurance cause of the time and dislike for some game modes.

On 3/8/2023 at 7:25 AM, Mazifet said:

That's why you have three weapon slots

Archived