Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

This gameplay shown by Pablo doesn’t get me excited.

(XBOX)YoungGunn82

12 minutes ago, ant99999 said:

Man, this thread is such a souls-like! The ammount of dodges being used is insane, I've seen some parries even. And locking on to a subject is all over the place.

The animations are a bit stale though, and the attack variety is lacking.

No just blind fanboyism.

18 minutes ago, (PSN)Joylesstuna said:

You can keep lying to yourself all you want and twisting my words. It's the combination silly.

Combination you say? I'll do a quick check at my Steam library to see which games fit those criteria (In your own words, Lock-on, mostly melee playstyle, & blocking):

-Alien vs Predator

-Brutal Legend (Also has open world or open map)

-Castlevania LoS 1 & 2 (Also has open world or open map)

-Devil May Cry

-God of War (Also has open world or open map)

-Nekro

-Prototype 1 & 2 (Also has open world or open map)

-Remember Me

-RWBY

-Spore (Also has open world or open map)

-Tera (Also has open world or open map)

Are any of them souls-like? Saying Duviri is a rip-off solely on the three words you provided is utter stupidity

Duviri also has a flying horse, a void gun, void abilities, the rogue-like experience, & the ability to bring an overpowered infested suit known as a warframe

34 minutes ago, -Krism- said:

Combination you say? I'll do a quick check at my Steam library to see which games fit those criteria (In your own words, Lock-on, mostly melee playstyle, & blocking):

-Alien vs Predator

-Devil May Cry

-Nekro

-Remember Me

-RWBY

Are any of them souls-like? Saying Duviri is a rip-off solely on the three words you provided is utter stupidity

Duviri also has a flying horse, a void gun, void abilities, the rogue-like experience, & the ability to bring an overpowered infested suit known as a warframe

We can add Valheim to the list aswell, it even involves a stamina bar used for defense and offense aswell as sprinting, plus getting hit by the big attacks hurt mucho-oucho if playing in a biome appropritate to your research progress.

And cleary, based on part of what you mention in the last line, Duviri is a WoW rip off. Flying horse = flying mount, void gun = hunter class, rogue-like = getting ganked (and well duh! WoW has a rogue class), OP Warframe = the friend which shoulder you cry on (or whine on over discord) when you get ganked, that comes running to punish the evil doers.

I think I figured out the logic works!

47 minutes ago, -Krism- said:

-Alien vs Predator

-Devil May Cry

-Nekro

-Remember Me

-RWBY

Those were not the words I used wut. Once again stop twisting words it's pathetic. If you watch the gameplay Pablo posted and don't see the similarities to dark souls then there is something very wrong with y'all. People have posted everywhere the similarities.

3 hours ago, Felsagger said:

Do you work as a 3D artist? Imagine if someone copy and paste your work and don't give credit for it. This is what we are talking about. Accusatory? No.

Well, it sure sounds like you are accusing DE of plagiarizing from From Software.  If not, how does Duviri or Soul Frame equate to "copy and paste your work"?  Although, I don't know which other user you are talking to about this, but until now, this has never been my topic of discussion in this thread.

Yes I will reserve judgment once Soul Frame is out

On that you are absolutely right. I came here typing why I am not exited with Soul frame. 

Bro, did you even read the topic of this thread?  This entire thread isn't about Soul Frame.  It's about the pre-release video Pablo showed of The Duviri Paradox, which will be out in less than a month.

True, statistic may be manipulated but the record of a proven company could be validated with these numbers. If you want to discard statistics, that's perfectly fine. How about if we see how many copies and prices Elden Ring had? That is less dubious in my opinion. 

Discard statistics?  No.  I just want to make sure folks like you do not misuse statistics.  If you want to use numbers to validate a company, then there is only one that matters in our (currently mostly) capitalistic world: the company's valuation (how much others are willing to pay for the entire company).

Digital Extremes is valued at around $1.1 billion USD as of 2020:
https://twitter.com/ZhugeEX/status/1280275431132991488

From Software is valued at around $862 million USD as of 2022:
https://gagadget.com/en/games/162450-sony-and-tencent-acquired-more-than-30-of-the-shares-of-fromsoftware-the-creators-of-elden-ring-and-dark-souls/

While even this is not a completely fair measure of a company's worth, especially when put against each other, it sure is a much better one than review scores.

I live in the United States. We vote for the presidency and we have freedom of speech. I am simply using recollected data to state a fact. 

Then I absolutely do not understand why you would think average = agreement.  Most districts in the U.S. use a plurality voting system, so there never is an average to begin with.  Even in NYC, which has adopted ranked choice, nothing is "averaged" to determine the winning candidate.  And even when a candidate wins, no one is "agreeing" that that candidate is the one they support, only that they will suffer the winner for at least a term.

Oh, and if you think you have freedom of speech?  Best go read Noam Chomsky's Manufacturing Consent first.

7 hours ago, MqToasty said:

So you are intentionally misquoting me now?  Because I proposed no such theory.

Yes I did to make a statement. And it is true, you never proposed any theory. 

So do you want to explain why you made a false claim about me?  I will also accept an apology if that is what you prefer.

I enjoy when a developer discloses his or her production having originality in the work they show off. But the resemblance with Elden Ring for this case is way too uncanny. That's why I am not excited about Soulframe. 

Yes, I will reserve judgment when I play the game too. But what's the point of playing Elden Ring lite when I have Elden Ring? That's how many people feel about this. 

So are you again accusing DE of plagiarism?  Because that is a serious accusation, you know?

I am simply voicing my opinion about something that I think is NOT right. It's no fun when someone copy and paste your hard work and get credit for it. That makes me sad, that makes me have disdain, that makes have vitriol. (To the NTH power)

So not just plagiarism, but copyright infringement?  Because if DE copied and pasted any assets from From Software then that would be copyright infringement.  You do realize that that is an even more serious accusation?

I don't have anything against DE. I do not need to hold grudges of any type. I simply think that DE can do much better providing a unique experience to the soul genre. I think if DE shows us more detail of their game in production we could have a better idea if the game resembles Elden Ring or not. 

Sure does not sound like you don't have anything against DE, given the amount of baseless and serious accusations you levied against them in this one post alone.  I do not know what your beef with DE is, but unless you have some hard evidence of them plagiarizing or infringing on From Software's copyrights, your claims are borderline libelous.  While I do not know if you really live in the U.S., and I doubt DE (a Canadian company) would go after a forum dweller, you realize that you are posting on forums they own, and they have the timestamp, edit history and IP of every single post you make here, right?

17 minutes ago, cute_moth.npc said:

I like how this is now just Rabid Fans vs. Disgruntled Haters. Nobody is winning that one.. 

Rabid Fans, Disgruntled Haters, Sarcastic Commenters, and Lurkers are the lifeblood of the forums. We need them here.

2 hours ago, MqToasty said:

Well, it sure sounds like you are accusing DE of plagiarizing from From Software.  If not, how does Duviri or Soul Frame equate to "copy and paste your work"?  Although, I don't know which other user you are talking to about this, but until now, this has never been my topic of discussion in this thread.

Plagiarism is something else. I am not pursuing that goal.

I was very careful selecting my language. I said "FEELS LIKE". Plagiarism is a direct accusation with legal consequences. I am not a lawyer or a law practitioner on that discipline. I am simply the player who sees a game that resembles a past experience. Many people feels this way with the material that DE is disclosing to the public. 

You were generous enough to give the benefit of doubt with the full release of the product or a game demo at least. However the reaction of the public points out that it FEELS LIKE Elden Ring lite. 

As an architect I think things in terms of a construction. Yes, many of us who practice architecture and design encounter the problem of plagiarism many times. It is an act of cruelty to say the least since the author of the idea doesn't get the recognition for his work. Elden Ring was a game that took a lot of time to shape and build. It took the best talented artists and 3D animators for the realization. 

My goal is very simple. If I want to play Elden Ring, then I plug Elden Ring on my PS5. If I want warframe, I simply plug in Warframe on my PS5. I deeply enjoy when a developer comes up with their own product WITHOUT imitating or trending the hit of the moment. Have you seen From Software copycating other developers in their production? 

If so, let me know. 

Bro, did you even read the topic of this thread?  This entire thread isn't about Soul Frame.  It's about the pre-release video Pablo showed of The Duviri Paradox, which will be out in less than a month.

We are in this soup because people brought up the resemblance of Duviri with Elden Ring. 

Discard statistics?  No.  I just want to make sure folks like you do not misuse statistics. 

I practice mathematics. It's part of my education. Ethics and morals plays a big role in professionalism. 

I quoted a source for a reference where the complete curriculum vitae is shown and could be compared. And is true, statistics can be manipulated to fabricate lies like everything else in this life. This is my field of expertise. I always know where I stand on this. Even box and whisker plots could be deceiving if outliers are manipulated adding false data. 

We are working here with what a group of people think about a certain company. But when we talk about games, things goes directly to hard science. We can see if a game is polished or not. We can see if the developer is diligent or negligent. We can appreciate and differentiate the level of dedication in the making of the product and the craftsmanship. 

Statistics doesn't help us how good a game is but gives us an initial reference or an idea. The validity of such rubric is something else that is outside of this discussion.  

If you want to use numbers to validate a company, then there is only one that matters in our (currently mostly) capitalistic world: the company's valuation (how much others are willing to pay for the entire company).

Digital Extremes is valued at around $1.1 billion USD as of 2020:
https://twitter.com/ZhugeEX/status/1280275431132991488

From Software is valued at around $862 million USD as of 2022:
https://gagadget.com/en/games/162450-sony-and-tencent-acquired-more-than-30-of-the-shares-of-fromsoftware-the-creators-of-elden-ring-and-dark-souls/

hmm, I am still not convinced with this. 

Dec 21, 2022  FromSoftware has made $928.9 million in lifetime revenue.

https://levvvel.com/fromsoftware-statistics/

Digital Extremes Total Lifetime Revenue: $89.8m

https://vginsights.com/developer/16215/digital-extremes

There. 

Let us get more intriguing.

Digital extremes has exactly 418 Employees.

From Software has exactly 349 Employees. 

:D

While even this is not a completely fair measure of a company's worth, especially when put against each other, it sure is a much better one than review scores.

If we select the total lifetime revenue between DE and From Software the comparison would be deeply unfair for Digital Extremes. 

89.8 Millions for Digital Extremes versus 928.9 millions for From Software. 

That puts an end to such argument. 

Then I absolutely do not understand why you would think average = agreement.  Most districts in the U.S. use a plurality voting system, so there never is an average to begin with.  Even in NYC, which has adopted ranked choice, nothing is "averaged" to determine the winning candidate.  And even when a candidate wins, no one is "agreeing" that that candidate is the one they support, only that they will suffer the winner for at least a term.

Greater number of people agrees that From Software is far superior in comparison to Digital Extremes if we compare the lifetime portfolio of video games. 

A consensus is a general agreement. The average score IS NOT an agreement. But the average score shows that more people thinks that From Software is miles ahead in game production QUALITY than Digital Extremes. 

I never stated that an average equals agreement. You can't substitute one concept with the other. 

Oh, and if you think you have freedom of speech?  Best go read Noam Chomsky's Manufacturing Consent first.

Don't forget Edward S. Herman. He helped writing that great book. But I would try first Gerge Orwell's 1984. 

I haven't heard that one. I read Chomsky. He is one of the best writers. His work is outstanding. 

So do you want to explain why you made a false claim about me?  I will also accept an apology if that is what you prefer.

You want Oreos or Klondike bars with that apology? 

There is no false claim to be made since everything is written and catalogued on the forum board. There is no way of falsifying what you wrote or what I wrote. The record states that you wrote ME. I simply omitted it. I already stated that. 

;D

So are you again accusing DE of plagiarism?  Because that is a serious accusation, you know?

That IS a serious accusation indeed. I wrote "FEELS LIKE" for a reason. 

Yes indeed. That is a legal case that requires lawyers, evidence and a lot of paperwork. I wrote that it feels like and many people here feels the same. Plagiarism is SOMETHING ELSE. All of us agrees on that. This is NOT a case of Plagiarism. 

So not just plagiarism, but copyright infringement?  Because if DE copied and pasted any assets from From Software then that would be copyright infringement.  You do realize that that is an even more serious accusation?

Many people here including Joyless tuna called it a Ripoff. I said that it feels like and behaves like. 

Sure does not sound like you don't have anything against DE, given the amount of baseless and serious accusations you levied against them in this one post alone.  I do not know what your beef with DE is, but unless you have some hard evidence of them plagiarizing or infringing on From Software's copyrights, your claims are borderline libelous.  While I do not know if you really live in the U.S., and I doubt DE (a Canadian company) would go after a forum dweller, you realize that you are posting on forums they own, and they have the timestamp, edit history and IP of every single post you make here, right?

Correct. I wrote feels like for that exact reason. 

It is my perception that happens to be the perception of many. 

2 hours ago, (PSN)Joylesstuna said:

If you watch the gameplay Pablo posted and don't see the similarities to dark souls then there is something very wrong with y'all. People have posted everywhere the similarities.

In this post Joyless states the word 'SIMILARITIES'. He and many of us thinks that Duviri feels similar to Elden Ring and Soulframe feels like Elden Ring. 

I agree with this NOTION. 

24 minutes ago, Felsagger said:

In this post Joyless states the word 'SIMILARITIES'. He and many of us thinks that Duviri feels similar to Elden Ring and Soulframe feels like Elden Ring. 

I've come to the realization that there are some on these forums who do not use logic or facts and also learning it's not worth debating with them.

2 minutes ago, (PSN)Joylesstuna said:

I've come to the realization that there are some on these forums who do not use logic or facts and also learning it's not worth debating with them.

I have to agree on that too Joylesstuna. I have to agree on that 100 percent.

I do respect their opinions and they have every right to defend DE. Besides DE did many good games, IN MY OPINION, that I played im my childhood like Unreal 1, Unreal 2004. Those were good times in my opinion. 

But is way too hard to evade the striking similarities with Elden Ring and Soul Frame videos. Of course Soulframe will change with time since it is another GAAS game with a similar concept like Warframe. 

On 2023-03-29 at 8:00 AM, Felsagger said:

WELL PUT. 

This is exactly Duviri Paradox. In just ONE SENTENCE. It is literally Elden Ring Lite for portable phones. 

PERIOD. 

On 2023-03-30 at 11:39 AM, (PSN)Joylesstuna said:

It's obvious from both duviri gameplay and soulframe gameplay, they are both blatant rip offs. Of course DE isn't going to admit that, and taking their word on things is extremely naive.

34 minutes ago, Felsagger said:

It's neat when words don't have meaning anymore.

Confused Always Sunny GIF by It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia

5 minutes ago, Tiltskillet said:

Oh snap, you didn't account for the lurkers, did you?

Now I'm intrigued. Who are these lurkers? 

Besides, I've seen few other gameplays where Duviri could be played in three modes. At least the Warframe is there and can be used with the speed and weapons we like. DE WAS responsible providing three choices. 

See, I can say good things about DE. :3

13 minutes ago, TeaHands said:

It's neat when words don't have meaning anymore.

Me neither. 

"I look forward to use the warframe launcher to play elden ring lite."

O The Fool said this. 

This is the first comment that made me react in complete confusion and surprise. 

Archived