Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

It takes almost half a year to collect all the incarnon adapters- Timegated FOMO is the wrong direction for WF

Kaiga

My name is TeaHands and I'm addicted to putting my hands over steaming cups of tea for extended periods of time and then sniffing my hands to get all that tea goodness.

The Blacklist Applause GIF by NBC

Wait, what why is this thread labeled "It takes almost half a year to collect all the incarnon adapters- Timegated FOMO is the wrong direction for WF" ???

2 minutes ago, TeaHands said:

My name is TeaHands and I'm addicted to putting my hands over steaming cups of tea for extended periods of time and then sniffing my hands to get all that tea goodness.

Wait, what why is this thread labeled "It takes almost half a year to collect all the incarnon adapters- Timegated FOMO is the wrong direction for WF" ???

Because the weird angle that folks are taking in the thread is 'DE timegating acquisition of these is spiking players' addictive problems, and that's DE being abusive to their players,' crossed with 'DE timegating acquisition of these things is like making Warframe into a whole entire job, which is very messed up and also absuive to players,' and I honestly think it's kinda ridiculous.

Just say that you don't like the timegating, and stop trying to make it into a psychological or lifestyle issue.

9 minutes ago, BornWithTeeth said:

Just say that you don't like the timegating, and stop trying to make it into a psychological or lifestyle issue.

Sadly most people need to veil things in a shroud of dishonesty instead of just shooting it straight.

I fookeen hate timegates, always have, but I dont mind a 2 per week incarnon system. I do dislike that it is done in batches, I would have prefered being able to pick 2 I want per week out of all 30 weapons instead, since people prefer different playstyles and WF is a heavy playstyle based game. But I'll settle with the pre-designated options since I will eventually unlock them all anyways and it isnt like I can use all at once eitherway.

2 minutes ago, TeaHands said:

Is it folks or just one terminally obnoxious person who constantly throws off threads?

The loud critical voices that like to repeat themselves over and over will try to make it seem like this hasnt been a well received update, but it is. One of DEs best

The rotation is fine. It dosent take long to complete. I do think that they should include a 3rd option for an Incarnon in the additional 7 reward tiers once you get through the first 10 tiers though. That makes sense.

But if you had an option with all 30 presenting themselves it could create a "Kill Screen Effect" where you overwhelm some players.

4 hours ago, BornWithTeeth said:

Because the weird angle that folks are taking in the thread is 'DE timegating acquisition of these is spiking players' addictive problems, and that's DE being abusive to their players,' crossed with 'DE timegating acquisition of these things is like making Warframe into a whole entire job, which is very messed up and also absuive to players,' and I honestly think it's kinda ridiculous.

If this is seriously what you got from this thread, you have the dreaded selective viewing. Fomo is a scummy way to entice players it has nothing to do with psychology and is about letting gaming companies screw us over.

1 minute ago, (PSN)Joylesstuna said:

If this is seriously what you got from this thread, you have the dreaded selective viewing. Fomo is a scummy way to entice players it has nothing to do with psychology and is about letting gaming companies screw us over.

This thread has featured people saying that a mechanic which prevents players from spending forty hours grinding Incarnons in one week is equivalent to making Warframe into a job, and insisting that DE are the only game devs that have ever used game mechanics to reward or discourage certain playstyles. It's been wild.

Just now, BornWithTeeth said:

This thread has featured people saying that a mechanic which prevents players from spending forty hours grinding Incarnons in one week is equivalent to making Warframe into a job, and insisting that DE are the only game devs that have ever used game mechanics to reward or discourage certain playstyles. It's been wild.

Thats not this entire thread that's just a few people nor was that ops message or intention.

5 minutes ago, (PSN)Joylesstuna said:

You really do have selected viewing.

Or, people could avoid making weird, exaggerated statements that don't help their position. You said that that wasn't what the OP was about, and then I literally quoted the OP saying exactly that. Like I said, if you don't like the timegating, you can just say so. You don't have to make it into a psychological thing.

1 minute ago, BornWithTeeth said:

Or, people could avoid making weird, exaggerated statements that don't help their position. You said that that wasn't what the OP was about, and then I literally quoted the OP saying exactly that. Like I said, if you don't like the timegating, you can just say so. You don't have to make it into a psychological thing.

He added a joke at the end and everything else he wrote had nothing to do with psychology. On top of that it's only a few people spamming this thread with useless comments. Learn to read the WHOLE thing and not take things at face value. You know, use your reasoning skills like a human does.

5 minutes ago, BornWithTeeth said:

Or, people could avoid making weird, exaggerated statements that don't help their position.  

And you are that Sheriff in town to put them back in line again? 

Ok, got it. 

21 hours ago, quxier said:

That's why you balance it. You cannot slap "better" enemies with normal rewards. Eximus are like this. Better enemies without any rewards. They used to give you like 60k credits per missions

And for some reason it's much better than now because of that 60k that you can easily get from index? You have 150k credits from Palladino if you really need that much as a veteran with millions of credits

Now it's blatant lie that they give more rewards.

Define "rewards" because they drop more exp and riven sliver for extra riven a week and other offerings

THEY SHOULDN'T CARE ABOUT SPEEDRUNERS AND THEIR "LACK OF CONTENT".

Means they shouldn't care about these words from you or other Tenno

On 2023-05-02 at 3:42 AM, quxier said:

why is that we beat it in 1 week? Maybe problem is not how fast we beat it but IN LACK OF CONTENT?

Again, are updates give 1 year content OR hypothetically if they give 1 year content.

Even if they can make enough content to last a year (be it thousands of new weapons with different function and effect, dozens of Warframe, numerous new locations and factions to level up, etc), you will see people gobbling up all of it in less than 1 year when there's no limit imposed. We don't need for link to see cases of deaths from days of nonstop playing, google will show it

But it is (was) not so prominent. I've used to buy offline games and, you know, just play it. With those games I don't have to wait, I don't have 5% chance

Tell that to Castlevania with 5 star rarity items, FF and its low drop rate and other game where you get some drop from enemies with drop rate attach to it. Tell me, what game do you play that doesn't have 5% drop chance?

14 hours ago, BornWithTeeth said:

People don't like time gates because of those issues though.  Time gates mean that you either play on DE's schedule or you get punished for it and have to wait even longer for it to come back around and then still have to play on their schedule or miss the thing you want again.  It's not even all about "I want all the things now."  My suggestion to this thread, which was pretty early into the thread considering it's on page 2 and this is page 8, wasn't "gib me all thing now."  It was literally just removing the FOMO from it, while technically leaving part of the time gating aspect.  Pick any two you want from the whole list, run them at your leisure, they never reset.  You can pick another two after the next sunday reset that occurs after you finish the two you have.  You could do 2 a week, or if you have limited play time, you could run 2 in a month, and take all month to do it.  Instead of waiting god knows how long for the next set you want to come up, you would just pick those next two after the next sunday reset, and take another month, if you need to.  Would still be drug out so that DE can have their engagement timer, but it has zero FOMO attached to it.

Forcing people to play on a timer and a schedule they have no say in is absolutely an issue, both for people's lifestyles and a psychological one.  Being on a strict timer and schedule for a leisure activity is stressful, and thinking that doing it to folks is okay is disgusting.  We should all be able to play schedules we set for ourselves, and not on the schedule the devs set by making everything limited-time only.

And before anyone says it:  I do not care that other games do it or that this is common practice.  Neither of those things make something ethical or player-friendly, or good.

4 hours ago, (PSN)Joylesstuna said:

It used to be but I don't think so anymore.

But where is the FOMO though? It isnt like the things go away after a rotation, you can still pick them up the next time they come around, which applies to pretty much everything in WF aside from the massively popular "operations" rewards that people want more of. And those items also come back in some way at some point. Ontop of that people will prioritize the adapters they actually want per rotation.

The only real flaw in the current system is that we have 5 weapon paths per rotation, with 30 weapons in total, which means after 2 full rotations people will only have 1 path to work towards each following rotation. Would have been better if there were 6 paths per rotation and 5 rotations in total, instead of 5 paths and 6 rotations.

10 minutes ago, SneakyErvin said:

The only real flaw in the current system is that we have 5 weapon paths per rotation, with 30 weapons in total, which means after 2 full rotations people will only have 1 path to work towards each following rotation. Would have been better if there were 6 paths per rotation and 5 rotations in total, instead of 5 paths and 6 rotations.

The distribution of adapters could definitely use some looking at. Weeks 1 & 2, and to a lesser degree weeks 3 & 5,  of the current rotation have several weapons with multiple variants. With the varying bonuses per variant (and the chance to create meme MK-1 builds), there's a reason to farm multiple adapters for these weapons. Weeks 4 & 6 have no weapons with variants (and most aren't likely to see primed versions), so those weeks are going to become dead slots in the rotation comparatively quickly.

9 minutes ago, drnlmza said:

The distribution of adapters could definitely use some looking at. Weeks 1 & 2, and to a lesser degree weeks 3 & 5,  of the current rotation have several weapons with multiple variants. With the varying bonuses per variant (and the chance to create meme MK-1 builds), there's a reason to farm multiple adapters for these weapons. Weeks 4 & 6 have no weapons with variants (and most aren't likely to see primed versions), so those weeks are going to become dead slots in the rotation comparatively quickly.

Yep. For weapons with only a normal or non-prime variant currently I'll pick up 1 extra adapter incase a better variant/prime is released later on. For other weapons where there is already a prime I wont bother with more than 1 adapter.

Archived