Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Duviri loadout choices

More of a question than feedback, so I thought I'd try my luck here first to get some different opinions. 

From what little I understand about the weapon/frame choices, there's bias towards stuff we DON'T own. I think there's something about "guaranteed at least one weapon you DO own", but the majority of choices seem to be for stuff we don't own.

For those who don't own much, that doesn't really make much difference to them. For those of us who own a lot, this means we're constantly given stuff we don't own. I've got over 250 weapons, surely that's enough variability that I don't need to have to pick from the junk I no longer own?

As it is, I'm basically having to load into Duviri, check my options, abort mission and then spend 5min updating all my builds.

And it's even more amusing/annoying for frame choices. The only frame I don't own is Yarelli. So one of my frame choices is always Yarelli... who I will literally never, ever play. So I feel like I'm being ripped off a little, as that frame choice is always a dud for me.

Having a high Opportunity intrinsic doesn't feel as useful as I'd first hoped for.

• Like 3

From my experience, all in SP, taking the time to update builds isn't worth it. Just rolling any one decent frame/weapon that can carry you through enough rounds for Decrees to start kicking in is enough. As by that point even weapons with the default mod loadouts will start to scale enough to mow down enemies.

Or just setting up your operator to deal with enemies on their own. A decent Amp with Unairu or even Vazarin Focus can clear out enemies just fine until your actual weapons start deleting everything.

And the opportunity tree is still quite useful in my opinion. Even if you're always getting one dead option it's better to have four potentially viable choices than just two, or 7 vs just 3 regarding weapons.

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, trst said:

From my experience, all in SP, taking the time to update builds isn't worth it. Just rolling any one decent frame/weapon that can carry you through enough rounds for Decrees to start kicking in is enough. As by that point even weapons with the default mod loadouts will start to scale enough to mow down enemies.

Or just setting up your operator to deal with enemies on their own. A decent Amp with Unairu or even Vazarin Focus can clear out enemies just fine until your actual weapons start deleting everything.

And the opportunity tree is still quite useful in my opinion. Even if you're always getting one dead option it's better to have four potentially viable choices than just two, or 7 vs just 3 regarding weapons.

Yeh that's all very true. I guess my gripe isn't about getting through SP, as you mentioned, a couple of GOOD decrees and you're set (just wish it weren't so melee orientated). I think I'm just annoyed about having so many fun weapons to choose from in my arsenal, but I'm getting all the unfun ones I've deleted.

The Duviri experience has definitely grown on me, but I'm still having issues warming up to the circuit.

Opportunity is still quite useful, just not quite as useful as I'd first hoped.

Appreciate the comments.

Edited by (PSN)iuvenilis

1 hour ago, (PSN)iuvenilis said:

As it is, I'm basically having to load into Duviri, check my options, abort mission and then spend 5min updating all my builds.

Have you tried just picking a half decent weapons and warframe with default given builds (potato and stuff) and using the builds for your advantage?

The Decree bonuses can make average stuff do wonders, just pick a thing and try to specialize in it (eg. with melee Decrees like: stacking cc, stacking aspeed, heat dmg, toxin dmg on 3rd attack, cold dmg with guaranteed proc, crit dmg along with the rare ones: status dmg doubled, melee hits twice, doubled crit damage and last but not least 50% chance to spread statuses in 10 meter radius and many more...) you can make your average weapon with default build absolute king.

Edited by Zakkhar

From my experience it quite fun to using Dread, Kuva Seer, Soma, Gorgon,... in a while, and quite refreshing to see people make use of the thing they have other than see everything vaporize by Ogris or Zarr, but still i have no problem with random stuff, but like OP i want to Mod it properly to see how it work rather than using default config (with is really bad in steelpath there are some decent enough build bust mostly bad)

I wouldn't mind at least 1 unowned weapon, but it feels like half my choices are unowned weapons, and that's ridiculous. Because I own so many weapons already, I end up seeing the same weapons over and over from the pool of the stuff I don't own. 

Edit: apparently that's by design. I still feel like  1 guaranteed unowned from each category is a bit much though. 

Edited by Hypernaut1
  • Like 2

"Upon entering Teshin’s Cave, you will be presented with randomized Warframe and Weapon options. These options are pulled directly from your Arsenal, and at least 1 of the options from each category (Warframe, Primary Weapon, Secondary Weapon, and Melee Weapon) will be something you do not own*. 

*Unowned Warframes and Weapons will always be the base version. This means only Excalibur, not Excalibur Prime; only the Hek, not the Vaykor Hek or Kuva Hek.

Unless of course you do in fact own everything - you go getter! In a similar fashion, if you have less than 10 unowned Warframes, those Warfames have a lower chance of appearing in the Cave to prevent repeated options across each Spiral. A similar methodology is applied to Weapon selections as well. "

So, yes, there is somewhat (unless you own all but 10 Warframes), but also emphasis 'from each category' - so there should also be a bias to have some stuff you DO own in there as well.

• Like 1

I feel that Duviri's random loadout system always puts less used frames.

I can say this because 100% of the time I have every primed frame to choose from and all my most used frames are the unprimed versions.
I only put Forma in non-primed frames and I don't care about that because I believe that the non-primed versions should supply the non-existent primed versions.

Randomness has its merits. I wished for it happening but I always imagined it to be drawn from owned arsenal not something like Veldt, Ampu, Sonicor, fusilai, non-nrime weapons I used as fodder and deleted. I don't mind it though, but for a beginner it must be helpless sometimes to go through with default mods on bad weapons and even worst for WF.

With Warframes, even with my current four choices per run at SP, I always get primes and tend to gravitate to key primes like Titania, Saryn, Mesa, Legerdemain Mirage, discharge Volt or my fave Baruuk. So many runs now and one of them somehow always shows up so I can exploit the content and carry even the most dysfunctional pub. So, not so random then in the end, just a reason for any member who is unlucky to leave, cause migrations or bug a run. Not their fault though, just that no one has any fun being useless after being forced to choose among trash loadouts.

In addition, the introduction of stacking decrees to make things easier is just bloat content to fool us into thinking we can only rely on tons of them to succeed. So nvm loadouts cause RNG wins and we are happier eventhough the lengrh of runs increased three fold with just a paltry sum of key resources to show for.