Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Remove the weapon requirement for sorties

Vaml77

I ask DE to remove the weapon requirement for sorties. It makes no sense to ask for this anymore! Changing weapons causes the player a feeling of fatigue and the game is already somewhat repetitive. You don't have to force the player to choose which type of weapon...that goes against the health of the game and the player!

8 minutes ago, Vaml77 said:

Changing weapons causes the player a feeling of fatigue and the game is already somewhat repetitive.

Other than the five seconds walk to the back of your Orbiter, I argue the opposite is true. Four sniper rifles or four assault rifles is a unique experience I wouldn't get otherwise; if players had a choice it would all be Arca Plasmor and Kuva Bramma over and over again

2 minutes ago, TARINunit9 said:

Other than the five seconds walk to the back of your Orbiter, I argue the opposite is true. Four sniper rifles or four assault rifles is a unique experience I wouldn't get otherwise; if players had a choice it would all be Arca Plasmor and Kuva Bramma over and over again

forcing players to use weapons its not the way....its wrong.

Weapon restricted sorties have been some of my favorite co-op experiences in this game.  Honestly I've sometimes wished there was a penalty to ability damage in them, so that the restriction wasn't so easy to cheese.

But there's no penalty, so if you will forever hate all bows or all snipers or whatever, I'd suggest using a frame that doesn't need weapons to accomplish the mission.  Nukes or exalted weapons are common solutions, and some sorties don't even require damage.

vor 54 Minuten schrieb Vaml77:

have you played any other game besides warframe?

Lmao... one mission thats not even an everyday thing. Its not wrong. Its the same like eximus missions/radiation etc. a modifier to make them diffrent from regular missions.

Whats this childish crybaby mentality lately about everything. We had these for YEARS and no one complaining. And there are OP weapons in every category... 

vor einer Stunde schrieb Vaml77:

and the game is already somewhat repetitive.

yeah so you say to remove modifiers to make sortie missions even MORE repetitive.... sorry what u ask for doesnt even makes sense and contradicts itself.

9 hours ago, Vaml77 said:

I ask DE to remove the weapon requirement for sorties. It makes no sense to ask for this anymore! Changing weapons causes the player a feeling of fatigue and the game is already somewhat repetitive. You don't have to force the player to choose which type of weapon...that goes against the health of the game and the player!

I get the feeling the user may be a BOOM BOOM user and having to use a non-aoe gun hurts. :tongue:

I see the 7 weapons in the line of your profile sorted by USED weapons are in fact exploding (BOOM BOOM) weapons. Chakkhurr doesn't count unless it's a headshot.

You do realise you have Warframe abilities to use as well, just saying. SeMz4.gif

Idk it doesn't really affect me that much..  nor i think this is a bad/good change. But. i know for a fact that sorties that require you to have a sniper rifle is kind of a pain for newbies because theres no mkII version of any sniper rifle that you can purchase for credits and so you can't really complete it like if it was any other restriction if you don't have sniper rifle in your arsenal.

On 2023-05-15 at 2:18 PM, Vaml77 said:

If the restriction didn't force you to mix things up a bit, you'd just run the mission with the same weapons you run every mission with. Playing the game like that is what causes fatigue.

It's like people complaining about the random element in Duviri. "I don't like it because I can't use my favorite weapon and frame". If you were choosing from everything in your arsenal, it'd just be more of the same, only with a different backdrop. Granted I do often lazily choose my favorites when they pop up for Duviri, I have revisited some equipment I used and ignored and had fun. I need to go rework mods on a bunch of things which is good as it has given me things to do again since I'm LR3.

On 2023-05-16 at 5:28 AM, TARINunit9 said:

I had a great time one day with 4 sniper rifles on a Kuva Fortress survival. We just sat on the spawn tile and fired down the 3 corridors, it was a great feeling.

I'd personally just prefer that if it has a weapon requirement then it brings up a menu where we select the weapon of choice, rather than modifying our actual loadout. Otherwise I actually like the weapon requirements, not that I do sortie often though. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 2023-05-15 at 12:32 PM, Vaml77 said:

What’s “wrong” about diversifying your loadout and a restriction in a single mission that is designed to be endgame and a literally nonexistent challenge?

While I don't agree with removing the restrictions, it does suck for newer players who may not have a good weapon of that type. Me for example i don't have any good rifles, I have rubico p for sniper, nataruk for bow, cedo for shotgun but the rifle options available to me really just don't feel good to use... Admittedly i could have had the phenmor but I wanted the felarx instead so now I am still stuck not having any rifles other than ignis.

Which to hijack this a little does anyone have any recommendations for "rifles" that can handle steel path and sorties? I just really haven't found anything despite me not even attempting to look 😀 

3 hours ago, (PSN)Nierou said:

While I don't agree with removing the restrictions, it does suck for newer players who may not have a good weapon of that type. Me for example i don't have any good rifles, I have rubico p for sniper, nataruk for bow, cedo for shotgun but the rifle options available to me really just don't feel good to use... Admittedly i could have had the phenmor but I wanted the felarx instead so now I am still stuck not having any rifles other than ignis.

Which to hijack this a little does anyone have any recommendations for "rifles" that can handle steel path and sorties? I just really haven't found anything despite me not even attempting to look 😀 

Boltor/Prime or Telos Boltor, Soma Prime, Basmu, Ignis/Wraith, Amprex, Prisma Gorgon and Stahlta and more can handle the star chart easily along with the Sortie, my selection is just a very few I use along with others, most of my WF's and Weapons are pimped so I have a big pool of fun weapons to choose from..

On 2023-05-15 at 2:32 PM, Vaml77 said:

Lol I am more pressed about Radiation Sorties than being made to use a specific weapon type. 

23 hours ago, (PSN)Nierou said:

Soma Prime, Tiberon Prime, Amprex, Branton Prime (with or without incarnon), Burston Prime (with or without incarnon), Dex Sybaris, Sybaris Prime, Glaxion Vandal, Phenmor, Latron Prime (with or without incarnon), Opticor Vandal, Opticor Vandal, and Trumna are all weapons I have used on Steel Path at some point. If they can beat up Steel Path, they will cake Sorties. 

2 hours ago, (PSN)FunyFlyBoy said:

Lol I am more pressed about Radiation Sorties than being made to use a specific weapon type. 

Radiation sorties can be fun if all of you are having a blast and doing the objective with no problem, using voice comms in-game, though I had to move away from the main group, my Gyre didn't discriminate along with the other frames too.  SeMz4.gif

Spoiler

EE.log
Player identified as <Slayer-.>
LOG DATE - 25/05/2023, 20:59:36
21:30:27 - <Dethcube> downed at 3,978 health from Slicer11221? using a BrokenFrame
21:30:27 - <Dethcube> killed by 7,016 damage at 7,757 health from Slicer11221? using a BrokenFrame
21:30:44 - <Vaubanmaster2?> downed at 300 health from Slicer11221? using a BrokenFrame
21:30:44 - <MR_MANGLE?> downed at 169 health from Slicer11221? using a BrokenFrame
21:31:23 - <Vaubanmaster2?> downed at 332 health from Slayer-.? using a CrpSentAmalgPistol
21:31:25 - <Slicer11221?> downed at 277 health from Slayer-.? using a Gyre
21:31:25 - <Slayer-.?> downed at 294 health from Slicer11221? using a BrokenFrame
21:31:34 - <Slicer11221?> killed by 864 damage at 278 health from a TennoAvatar3001 using a Gyre
21:32:02 - <Vaubanmaster2?> downed at 332 health from Slayer-.? using a Gyre
21:32:17 - <MR_MANGLE?> downed at 512 health from Slicer11221? using a BrokenFrame
21:32:17 - <Vaubanmaster2?> downed at 332 health from Slicer11221? using a BrokenFrame
21:32:22 - <Dethcube Prime> killed by 286 damage at 172 health from Slayer-.? using a Gyre
21:32:30 - <Vaubanmaster2?> killed by 3,989 damage at 333 health from a TennoAvatar3360 using a BrokenFrame
21:32:31 - <Slicer11221?> downed at 37,270 health from Slayer-.? using a PrimeGlaiveWeapon
21:32:31 - <Dethcube> downed at 2,752 health from Slayer-.? using a Gyre
21:32:32 - <Dethcube> killed by 11,302 damage at 5,305 health from Slayer-.? using a Gyre
21:32:37 - <MR_MANGLE?> killed by 5,295 damage at 513 health from Slicer11221? using a BrokenFrame
21:32:50 - <Helios Prime> downed at 7,185 health from Slicer11221? using a BrokenFrame
21:32:50 - <Helios Prime> killed by 13,838 damage at 13,571 health from Slicer11221? using a BrokenFrame
21:32:51 - <Vaubanmaster2?> downed at 316 health from Slicer11221? using a BrokenFrame
21:32:52 - <Slayer-.?> downed at 134 health from Slicer11221? using a BrokenFrame
21:33:03 - <Helios Prime> downed at 3,942 health by a TennoAvatar3360 using a BrokenFrame
21:33:03 - <Helios Prime> killed by 5,545 damage at 7,135 health from a TennoAvatar3360 using a BrokenFrame
21:33:14 - <Vaubanmaster2?> downed at 177 health from Slicer11221? using a BrokenFrame
21:33:31 - <Vaubanmaster2?> downed at 237 health from Slayer-.? using a CrpSentAmalgPistol
21:33:38 - <Slicer11221?> downed at 290 health from Slayer-.? using a Gyre
21:34:01 - <Vaubanmaster2?> downed at 316 health from Slicer11221? using a BrokenFrame
21:34:09 - <Slicer11221?> downed at 291 health from Slayer-.? using a Gyre
21:34:12 - <Vaubanmaster2?> killed by 5,624 damage at 317 health from Slicer11221? using a BrokenFrame
21:34:16 - <Dethcube> downed at 2,928 health by a TennoAvatar3001 using a Gyre
21:34:16 - <Dethcube> killed by 12,081 damage at 5,657 health from a TennoAvatar3001 using a Gyre
21:34:30 - <Vaubanmaster2?> downed at 316 health by a TennoAvatar3001 using a Gyre
21:34:33 - <Slicer11221?> downed at 258 health by a TennoAvatar3001 using a Gyre
21:34:50 - <Vaubanmaster2?> killed by 1,372 damage at 317 health from a TennoAvatar3001 using a Gyre
21:35:16 - <Dethcube> downed at 8,001 health from Slicer11221? using a BrokenFrame
21:35:16 - <Dethcube> killed by 21,174 damage at 15,803 health from Slicer11221? using a BrokenFrame
21:35:17 - <Vaubanmaster2?> downed at 332 health from Slicer11221? using a BrokenFrame
21:36:22 - <Vaubanmaster2?> downed at 356 health from Slicer11221? using a BrokenFrame
21:36:54 - <Slicer11221?> downed at 6 health from Slayer-.? using a Gyre
21:37:27 - <Slicer11221?> downed at 291 health from Slayer-.? using a CrpSentAmalgPistol
21:37:35 - <Slayer-.?> downed at 2 health from Slicer11221? using a BrokenFrame
LOG ENDS - 25/05/2023, 21:44:49

cCkds.gif

8 hours ago, Slayer-. said:

Radiation sorties can be fun if all of you are having a blast and doing the objective with no problem, using voice comms in-game, though I had to move away from the main group, my Gyre didn't discriminate along with the other frames too.  SeMz4.gif

I straight up don't even read modifiers half the time unless I get an alert that I do not have the correct loadout requirements. The times I walked into a Radiation Sortie as Gyre or Saryn and just... my poor Squad. 

Archived