Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

No one uses Magnetic damage, a quick change could reverse that.

Sulferon

Swapping status effect of Void and Magnetic would instantly make Magnetic viable. Especially if the attraction bubble would be like that of Scourge throw and the shield regen halt would instead be a universal regeneration negation. Maybe even do regen as damage. 

It's also lore-friendly.

I'm using Magnetic damage and I agree with your idea. I'd leave it as it as and give it the attraction field.

Honestly, I never understood nor liked the Void Status Effect. I'd much more liked if it created enemy vulnerability. That would buff Operator/Drifter viability and would be lore friendly too since their powers should be extremely powerful but in reality barely tickle the enemies unless you have millions in Focus.

I like the idea of Magnetic having the current "void bubble attractor" effect.

As for Void damage itself, I'd want it to be treated like "TRUE Damage", where you hit your opponent and you just disintegrate them by hitting them with the beam of damage that just starts removing chunks of matter from existence, just like in the trailer. You're rendering the armor/flesh/shield merely a thing for the Void to wash away. Not only should it strip Sentients of their adaptions, but it should also act like most of the effects of different damage types: Armor Stripping, Reducing Health Values, just making targets face the fact that they just got blasted by a pure beam of NOTHINGNESS that makes things it hits also nothing.

Suddenly your Operator goes from being squishy but sort of damaging to still squishy but literally using a DISINTEGRATION BEAM on things.

4 hours ago, Salenstormwing said:

I like the idea of Magnetic having the current "void bubble attractor" effect.

As for Void damage itself, I'd want it to be treated like "TRUE Damage", where you hit your opponent and you just disintegrate them by hitting them with the beam of damage that just starts removing chunks of matter from existence, just like in the trailer. You're rendering the armor/flesh/shield merely a thing for the Void to wash away. Not only should it strip Sentients of their adaptions, but it should also act like most of the effects of different damage types: Armor Stripping, Reducing Health Values, just making targets face the fact that they just got blasted by a pure beam of NOTHINGNESS that makes things it hits also nothing.

Suddenly your Operator goes from being squishy but sort of damaging to still squishy but literally using a DISINTEGRATION BEAM on things.

wouldn't that make it not much different then slash? mind u i agree w/ the idea of having magnetic's proc be what void is now

18 hours ago, Sulferon said:

Swapping status effect of Void and Magnetic would instantly make Magnetic viable. Especially if the attraction bubble would be like that of Scourge throw and the shield regen halt would instead be a universal regeneration negation. Maybe even do regen as damage. 

So people would take of their Viral (Cold + Toxin) to make Magnetic (Cold + Electricity). Then join it with Gas? Yeah, that wouldn't change fact that people don't want to use Magnetic (in general use).

To be honest I prefer when certain effects (e.g. void bubble) are not tied to certain status. It makes you choice lesser damage for certain effect. In most cases it's not worth.

Void procing current void bubble is good because you have to use specific ability (Xaku's Xata's whisper) or amps. You don't want Void bubble? Well it's easy to just not use it. With Magnetic with Void bubble power it would make some people annoyed (e.g. cannot headshot).

So, I say no.

10 hours ago, Divinehero said:

wouldn't that make it not much different then slash? mind u i agree w/ the idea of having magnetic's proc be what void is now

Sort of?

Considering there are only 2 ways to get VOID damage in Warframe (Amp or Xatu's Whisper), the damage itself wouldn't Linger like Slash procs can. You stop hitting them with Void, they stop taking damage, but yes, it's sort of a super-slash in that it would ignore stuff like Armor or Shield and hit the actual HP of a target if it didn't have something like a Sentient shield like on an Eidolon.

Suddenly the beam goes from "That's neat" to "Geezus, this kid is a demon of the void".

High Lvl Stuff still gunna have a lot of HP, but at least the Void damage wouldn't be stupid-weak.

10 часов назад, quxier сказал:

With Magnetic with Void bubble power it would make some people annoyed (e.g. cannot headshot).

Scourge bubble, that I mentioned, attracts bullets only to the head. 

10 часов назад, quxier сказал:

So people would take of their Viral (Cold + Toxin) to make Magnetic (Cold + Electricity). Then join it with Gas? Yeah, that wouldn't change fact that people don't want to use Magnetic (in general use).

So you prefer to not have a choice in status and are completely fine with Viral and Slash dominating every build? The choice is a balance tactic, the choice being: Use Viral and Slash/Fire like always OR count on consistent headshots and Slash/Fire/Toxin/Gas, which can do much more damage per tic with the right setup. Also Gas has is AOE.

There are multiple ways to get Viral, as well as the fact, that you don't have to put the same status on you other weapons.

Not to mention the attraction bubble would make bullets with punchthrough hit the head multiple times.

1 hour ago, Sulferon said:
11 hours ago, quxier said:

With Magnetic with Void bubble power it would make some people annoyed (e.g. cannot headshot).

Scourge bubble, that I mentioned, attracts bullets only to the head. 

People suggested "to the head" but we have current void proc, so don't expect anything else.

12 hours ago, quxier said:

So you prefer to not have a choice in status

I prefer choices of damage/damage-buffs to be decoupled from effects (void proc)

and are completely fine with Viral and Slash dominating every build?

I still wouldn't change my builds to magnetic because I would still be doing some sort of viral/heat/slash builds. Why? Viral gives you 350% damage boost (something like this), Heat armor strip. And slash don't care about armor.

You would have to change whole status system to make change it.

2 hours ago, Sulferon said:

The choice is a balance tactic, the choice being: Use Viral and Slash/Fire like always OR count on consistent headshots and Slash/Fire/Toxin/Gas, which can do much more damage per tic with the right setup. Also Gas has is AOE.

Why bother with headshots when viral does it on default on all body parts? I like the idea of headshots but it's not always good.

2 hours ago, Sulferon said:

There are multiple ways to get Viral

Same for energy but it doesn't mean that I can use it in my specific builds.

I think the main reason magnetic isn't useful is because it's sole purpose is to destroy shields, and another status effect, toxin, completely bypasses shields altogether therefore making it rather obsolete. No other status completely invalidates another one like this. If toxin didn't bypass shields, magnetic would suddenly become extremely important vs corpus.

16 часов назад, CrownOfShadows сказал:

I think the main reason magnetic isn't useful is because it's sole purpose is to destroy shields, and another status effect, toxin, completely bypasses shields altogether therefore making it rather obsolete. No other status completely invalidates another one like this. If toxin didn't bypass shields, magnetic would suddenly become extremely important vs corpus.

True. But then again, it begs the question: What Toxin should do instead?

29 minutes ago, Sulferon said:

True. But then again, it begs the question: What Toxin should do instead?

Damage over Time (that isn't a Bleed Proc). Maybe have it scale where having just a single proc does smaller damage to target while having more causes the DoT grow much faster than a linear progression. Basically, let's say you have 5 Bleed Procs; the damage for those are all pretty much the same, if they all came from the same source. Toxic could work where 1 Toxic Proc would cause a smaller DoT, but as you stack them, you're basically overwhelming the target's defenses.

But that's just a suggestion.

28 минут назад, Salenstormwing сказал:

Toxic could work where 1 Toxic Proc would cause a smaller DoT, but as you stack them, you're basically overwhelming the target's defenses.

It would have to have a cap, then. And then it would suffer from the same problem Gas does.

But the idea is solid, I could suggest that additional Toxin procs would renew the timer of every other. Still an infinite scale, but a linear one. The precentage of damage converted in the DoT is up to devs to balance.

And the trade-off of using Toxin over Viral and Corrosive is still present, with a few particular exceptions.

12 minutes ago, Sulferon said:

It would have to have a cap, then. And then it would suffer from the same problem Gas does.

But the idea is solid, I could suggest that additional Toxin procs would renew the timer of every other. Still an infinite scale, but a linear one. The precentage of damage converted in the DoT is up to devs to balance.

And the trade-off of using Toxin over Viral and Corrosive is still present, with a few particular exceptions.

Of course. But anyways, this is the problem with Magnetic damage is that it leads into discussion about every other damage type, and needing to rebalance it all.

A simplier fix might be giving Magnetic damage a slight (25%) bonus to Ferrite armor, which would make it not great against Corpus or Grineer, but not worthless either, even if you don't get the bonuses from the procs on anything without a shield. Or, without that, maybe make magnetic enemies attract other enemies like magnetic bubbles do in Sabotage missions. That way you could still headshot targets, but you get the bonus of pulling enemies together, and this game LOVES groups of enemies all clumped together.

20 hours ago, CrownOfShadows said:

For me a bigger issue than toxin status bypassing shields is toxin damage bypassing shields.  Although I don't think removing that or both bypasses is going to make a big difference in magnetic usage unless enemy shields are also made to closer approach armor's effect on enemy ehp.   Which sounds terrible.

I would like the toxin damage (not proc) bypass removed anyway.  Although I think it would necessitate some changes in Tenno shields.

11 minutes ago, (PSN)haphazardlynamed said:

Seems like DE is ?trying?

there's a new Duviri arcane where Magnetic makes enemies jam their weapons

I don't think I'd use it though

because, a fumble status effect is kinda weak when I can use Primary Merciless instead and give them a Death status effect....

Sounds like an idea they tried out, but it wasn't that great in practice, so they just shoved it into an arcane instead for some optional combat variety. I think jamming is too comparable to cold procs, anyways, and those only cost one mod out of two.

Archived