Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Should Hildryn's Aegis Storm be reworked?

Zahnrad

Got Hildryn Prime recently and so been trying her out with the Larkspur Prime and I can't help but feel like there's so many missed opportunities with her. At least from what I can tell currently, Aegis Storm seems like the least valuable ability and best contender to swap out with the Helminth system.

I feel like with the Larkspur Prime being Hildryn's signature weapon, Aegis Storm should allow you to use Archguns while in that mode.

Further down the line, an Augment for Aegis Storm could be made to let Hildryn use Primaries and Secondaries while in flight.

Aegis Storm is lacking, but it does come with a few nice things like CC and energy orb generation. I'd rather keep it as a support/emergency button and subsume over Balefire instead. Mainly because Balefire is an exalted and comes with issues like the usual exalted drawbacks, and I find most exalteds are redundant in comparison to running non-exalted weapons

4 minutes ago, (PSN)Hopper_Orouk said:

but oh well, another failed prime access!

I can list plenty of reasons why that failed, but Hildryn Prime herself was the usual minor stat buff all primed warframes get and probably the least-worst part of whatever that PA was. Any issues with Hildryn Prime are shared with the base Hildryn, so...

I think so. The most use I ever got out of it was using it at the end of a mission waiting for other people to get to extraction.

Subsuming over it is the go-to choice for me. Her 1 is useful now in Circuit if the weapons you get to choose from are bad.

Both Balefire and Aegis Storm could use reworks imo. When I'm to replace a skill on her Balefire is the one to go, since atleast Aegis Storm is a decent tool for those very odd and irregular occasions when you for some reason decide to or need to run a defection mission. 

Aegis Storm should have been the Guardian Eximus shield imo. Which would drain shields over time but also reduce damage done to shields by 90% if one of the circling shields are directly hit instead. Or a buff that allows Hildryn to benefit from armor to reduce the damage done to her shields as if it was health.

Thinking about it again, I feel like Balefire could be improved upon if it had higher Status chance. It would be able to function as a Status Primer for Condition Overload effects or etc without needing to equip a specific weapon for it. My problem is Balefire seems to exist to be a primary weapon like other Exalted weapons but it doesn't really have the stats to focus in Crit, Damage or Status.

Having an extra weapon you can pull out suddenly should feel like it serves a purpose but even with the augment, why not just use Pillage? If I wanted to target Nullifiers I'd use the Miter both before and after its Incarnon. Dunno how often people used the Miter for its augment before the Incarnon but I'd regularly take it into ESO and use a Secondary as my primary.

Also tried checking out the wiki and...

• While Aegis Storm is active, a second Balefire Charger will be equipped on Hildryn's left arm when using this ability. This is a purely cosmetic effect, and does not provide any tangible combat advantages.

bruh

It is a bit disabling ,

Too restricted for what it does, granted it can work with operator mode well enough.

The balefire can work well enough but the fact that it costs shield per shot while disabling pillage is restrictive.

And the speed , that's what puts me off the most.

Archived