Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

What is “Soulsframe?”

FadeToNull

Wayfinder looks more interesting.  I know they aren't making it but they are publishing it which is why I am suprised they aren't talking about it much.  Especially since it releases soon.  If Soulframe really is gonna be like the drifter parts of Duviri then count me out.

3 hours ago, (PSN)thowed said:

Wayfinder looks more interesting.  I know they aren't making it but they are publishing it which is why I am suprised they aren't talking about it much.  Especially since it releases soon.  If Soulframe really is gonna be like the drifter parts of Duviri then count me out.

For me, I'm going to say it here, I'm not interested in IOS phone elden ring lite or chrono odyssey clones for Android. 

I think DE is in the middle ground of making average looking games that are not bad and not great either. They are settled in the middle forever. DE are the "averagers" masters of the average. They are destined to remain there until the end of times. They make some money staying there on their comfort zone. There is no need of moving down or up. 

Warframe eventually went muti platform. We can expect the game arrive at IOS phones at any given time. That's why graphics looks average and the game build is not evolving. The goal are the phones. That's why I don't expect extraordinary leaps in this game anymore and so Soulframe. 

I don't understand the desire to make Souls clones, especially DE's. Warframe is a unique game. It doesn't have any direct competitor (at least on PS) and has massive potential to keep going for years and years.

DE has great ideas and amazing audio visual design. They should strive to create something more unique.

14 hours ago, FadeToNull said:

To my astonishment, it turns out DE is actually working on a game called "Soulframe." There's nothing wrong with borrowing in art. But normally you don't announce what you're borrowing from in the title.

Maybe you should gather some more info on it though before jumping to those assumptions or conclussions. Soul in the name isnt tied to Souls games, that has been clarified quite a while ago by Steve. It is tied to something within the game, much as like how Warframe is named after one of the main features within the game. In addition to the clarification of the soul part of the name, they also clarified that the game will not be a souls-like game. And with Duviri released it is quite safe to assume that Soulframe will be a new game spawned from the ideas they've had regarding Duviri during its creation. 

And if you've played Duviri and seen the Soulframe video, you'll know they are very very similar and not souls-like at all. No stamina, very forgiving combat and so on.

1. The name doesn't help because it makes references to things people already know like Warframe and Dark Soul. 

2. The game looks average and feels like a lite version of other games previously shown. 

3. People are not that excited because you have already an established solid franchises Elden Ring and Chrono Odyssey pushing the bar forward. 

4. GAAS F2P games are designed around grind, farming and resource gathering postponing gratification and fun while other games gives you the hardware for fun. 

5. Going IOS phone makes people expect less since these devices will be the common denominators for DE development. 

See? Average game is not bad but is just average. It will never reach the grandeur of Horizon Burning Shores, reach depth of Chrono Odyssey or get the recognition that Elden Ring achieved. Is this bad? No, it's just average. That's it. 

2 hours ago, (PSN)Sentiel said:

I don't understand the desire to make Souls clones, especially DE's.

Then it's a good thing DE haven't made any, despite what some ignorant people on the internet might have you believe.

There are more types of melee-focused game than just soulslike, you know?

1 minute ago, Corvid said:

Then it's a good thing DE haven't made any, despite what some ignorant people on the internet might have you believe.

It's not nice to call DE ignorant. Everything they released regarding Soulframe screams Elden Ring rip-off. A cheap one no less, but I'll give the benefit of doubt here because the game's not finished yet.

But hey, I don't mind saving your comment and returning to it in a few years once Soulframe is released and it's just another Souls clone.

12 minutes ago, (PSN)Sentiel said:

It's not nice to call DE ignorant. Everything they released regarding Soulframe screams Elden Ring rip-off. A cheap one no less, but I'll give the benefit of doubt here because the game's not finished yet.

Rofl, 

I wouldn't go that far Sentinel. Let them have their illusions for a while. Sometimes devs needs to learn some lessons in the process. When other great games debuts on the genre they will be forced to can the project and carry on with Warframe.

3 minutes ago, TeaHands said:

Seeing developers doing a sword and a lock-on mechanic an Elden Ring rip off brings back fond memories of that reviewer.....

Corrected for accuracy. 

Let us see the resemblances. 

Oh, wait why are they so similar? Is DE making a meme out of Elden Ring games? Anyone who sees this the first time would think that DE is making a mild April's Fool joke or just being controversial for some media attention....

I don't know...It's impossible to escape the resemblance of both products. It's just too much. 

It's pretty obvious to see the similarities between soulsframe and souls clones and those ignoring it are doing just that, ignoring the truth. Anyways I think most of us thought it was a joke when they showed the gameplay. No idea what is going on in their minds especially since it's supposed to be another MMO.

40 minutes ago, (PSN)Sentiel said:

Everything they released regarding Soulframe screams Elden Ring rip-off.

Aside from all the ways in which the two are not at all alike?

I know nuance is apparently dead, but two games having horses doesn't make them the same.

1 minute ago, (PSN)Joylesstuna said:

It's pretty obvious to see the similarities between soulsframe and souls clones and those ignoring it are doing just that, ignoring the truth. Anyways I think most of us thought it was a joke when they showed the gameplay. No idea what is going on in their minds especially since it's supposed to be another MMO.

How dare you speak common sense on these forums. 

HOW DAIRE YA?!!!

9 minutes ago, Felsagger said:

Corrected for accuracy. 

Let us see the resemblances. 

Oh, wait why are they so similar? Is DE making a meme out of Elden Ring games? Anyone who sees this the first time would think that DE is making a mild April's Fool joke or just being controversial for some media attention....

I don't know...It's impossible to escape the resemblance of both products. It's just too much. 

Fels if I gave you an old blade and a whetstone, left you alone with it for 3 hours, I would come back to a dull blade with a somehow rounded tip because you just can never make a good point.

I guess Fromsoft should just start suing every game that has swords, lock-on mechanics, and apparently trees I guess? Look out Lionhead Studios! You ripped Elden Ring off with Fable! Dang it Nintendo! Why did you rip off Elden Ring six years ago with Breath of the Wild??

You said the same thing about Duviri's combat and turns out you were wrong, again.

Just now, Corvid said:

Aside from all the ways in which the two are not at all alike?

I know nuance is apparently dead, but two games having horses doesn't make them the same.

I've given up. If someone sees Duviri combat and thinks "ah, yes, it is souls combat" then there is no hope. Perception can only go as far as the mind will let it, and some people just can't let some things go. Some of these people actually think that it is a technical feasibility to "port" Warframe to UE5. 

Just now, TeaHands said:

Fels if I gave you an old blade and a whetstone, left you alone with it for 3 hours, I would come back to a dull blade with a somehow rounded tip because you just can never make a good point.

What are you talking about. 

You don't have an argument in the first place. Let us start from there. 

Just now, TeaHands said:

I guess Fromsoft should just start suing every game that has swords, lock-on mechanics, and apparently trees I guess? Look out Lionhead Studios! You ripped Elden Ring off with Fable! Dang it Nintendo! Why did you rip off Elden Ring six years ago with Breath of the Wild??

Because lock on is identical. Because the game speed IS IDENTICAL. 

Because the game mechanics are almost IDENTICAL. Isn't that good enough? What you expect, a carbon copy?

Just now, TeaHands said:

You said the same thing about Duviri's combat and turns out you were wrong, again.

It became clear when we HAD REAL GAME PLAY. Was I wrong? Sorry but after seven updates of fixes and changes DE understood that making things different is productive to them. 

Am I right? 

2 minutes ago, DrBorris said:

Some of these people actually think that it is a technical feasibility to "port" Warframe to UE5. 

DE will never port to UE5, ever. 

Why? Because they are average. They will stick with what they know ending their both franchises on IOS phones. 

There. 

4 minutes ago, Felsagger said:

What are you talking about. 

You don't have an argument in the first place. Let us start from there. 

Lol if you ignore what I write down, then yes, I guess I don't have an argument.

5 minutes ago, Felsagger said:

Because lock on is identical. Because the game speed IS IDENTICAL. 

Because the game mechanics are almost IDENTICAL. Isn't that good enough? What you expect, a carbon copy?

I guess I need to explain this to you again, words, actually have meaning, rip-off and identical have 2 different meanings if you look them up. I can see these games being identical,  claiming DE is stealing or ripping off Elden Ring is beyond asinine.

DE ripped off the Nemesis system from Shadows of Mordor. Soulframe's gameplay does not look like a rip off Elden Ring's.

13 minutes ago, Felsagger said:

It became clear when we HAD REAL GAME PLAY. Was I wrong? Sorry but after seven updates of fixes and changes DE understood that making things different is productive to them. 

We had real Duviri gameplay when you made those claims, they showed it right before they showed Soulframe. 

15 minutes ago, Felsagger said:

Am I right?

It'd be real cool if it happened for once.

15 minutes ago, TeaHands said:

Lol if you ignore what I write down, then yes, I guess I don't have an argument.

You wrote no argument. 

I know it's painful when someone comes in and tells you how much your favorite game sucks ass. It's quite troubling if you ask me but I don't enjoy raining on someone else parade. I simply state things as they are. You may twist words but the videos are there and the evidence is more powerful than any illusion or delusion that your brain may produce. You despise when someone burst your bubble and makes you fall hard to the floor hitting your head few times. 

I'm not for such amusement. You were the one who came in with apologies. I'm stating that your precious game is average. It's not bad, but is not great as you may think in your mind. 

I guess I need to explain this to you again, words, actually have meaning, rip-off and identical have 2 different meanings if you look them up. I can see these games being identical,  claiming DE is stealing or ripping off Elden Ring is beyond asinine.

I used the word SIMILARITIES. I'm not the only one who thinks this way.

Other people used the phrase "rip off". 

DE ripped off the Nemesis system from Shadows of Mordor. Soulframe's gameplay does not look like a rip off Elden Ring's.

We had real Duviri gameplay when you made those claims, they showed it right before they showed Soulframe. 

It'd be real cool if it happened for once.

Sorry but you are off the loop here. You missed the point. 

Would be better for DE if they differentiate their approach off the bat. It's inevitable the comparisons with Chrono Odyssey on the chessboard, things will be harder, way harder for them. It is what it is. 

23 minutes ago, Felsagger said:

I know it's painful when someone comes in and tells you how much your favorite game sucks ass. It's quite troubling if you ask me but I don't enjoy raining on someone else parade. I simply state things as they are. You may twist words but the videos are there and the evidence is more powerful than any illusion or delusion that your brain may produce. You despise when someone burst your bubble and makes you fall hard to the floor hitting your head few times. 

One day you will pick up on the fact that I have criticized this game and have acknowledge the shortcomings it has. You are not the first person to tell me a game I like sucks, trust me, Metal Gear Solid 2 is one of my favorite games, I've heard it all. Theres no bubble to burst because it popped when I had to buy colors in this game with real world money. So like day 2. One day you will pick up on the fact that your opinions aren't fact and you aren't part of the elite group that see something wrong in Warframe that fans of the game are missing. 

And on that day, we will finally kiss.

What were we talking about?

32 minutes ago, TeaHands said:

One day you will pick up on the fact that I have criticized this game and have acknowledge the shortcomings it has.

Our responsibility is to demand quality. The forums are designed for that. We point out the problems, they decide to address or not to address. 

If they do not address, we pick another game, invest our time, our money elsewhere and play. That's the basic flowchart. 

See? There is not much of rocket science into this. 

You are not the first person to tell me a game I like sucks

I am not telling you that. I am simply stating things as they are. You are the person who needs to review your standards. No one else will do that for you, no matter how many people advices you. 

There's no bubble to burst because it popped when I had to buy colors in this game with real world money.

And you have the disposition of playing two GAAS F2P games that are not that fulfilling for the time these games asks?  

One day you will pick up on the fact that your opinions aren't fact and you aren't part of the elite group that see something wrong in Warframe that fans of the game are missing. 

Who said that my opinions are fact? You are the one saying that. I simply show the evidence and let people arrive at their conclusions. I am responsible of showing the evidence and making the questions. 

You don't have to believe me. You don't need to respond but here you are, writing another post because my words struck a nerve inside you. I'm glad that my words have such strong effect on you. 

That puts a smile on my face. :)

And on that day, we will finally kiss.

What were we talking about?

About how average looking the game Soulframe is. 

About how DE would do better if they do not translate trends to their new products.  

How about that? 

59 minutes ago, Felsagger said:

Our responsibility is to demand quality. The forums are designed for that. We point out the problems, they decide to address or not to address. 

If they do not address, we pick another game, invest our time, our money elsewhere and play. That's the basic flowchart. 

See? There is not much of rocket science into this. 

I am not telling you that. I am simply stating things as they are. You are the person who needs to review your standards. No one else will do that for you, no matter how many people advices you. 

Yes, I burst your bubble and your head hit hard on the floor making those wooden noises. A good double whammy is needed to help you get out of that bliss. The sooner, the better. 

Who said that my opinions are fact? You are the one saying that. I simply show the evidence and let people arrive at their conclusions. I am responsible of showing the evidence and making the questions. 

You don't have to believe me. You don't need to respond but here you are, writing another post because my words struck a nerve inside you. I'm glad that my words have such strong effect on you. 

That puts a smile on my face. :)

About how average looking the game Soulframe is. 

About how DE would do better if they do not translate trends to their new products.  

How about that? 

I try talking to you because we've had some fun back n forths before. You even recommended some games that I bought or still have on my wishlists. You've excitedly talked to me about the prospects around Archons on a thread I made back in The New War. You even decided to randomly dump a huge theory/explanation about The Man in the Wall and derailed the thread but I didn't care cuz I liked talking about the fun had in games. 

I try reaching out because I'm trying to figure out the whole "hate following" people do with this game. "The game devs don't listen so I'm here to make them listen." I thought the devs don't listen to the players?? Why try talking 'sense' to someone who won't listen?? And then my bubble bursts and I realize I'm trying to do the same with you. And then we kiss.

Archived