Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Public Matchmaking: Vote Kick Member From Squad

I'm not exactly sure on where to post this. Though, As excepted for many multi-player games sometimes the community can get a little toxic for a brief moment. Especially if not everyone can see eye go eye in a squad, in game. Sometimes we have those players that get frustrated with whatever that is going on. I would love to suggest a vote to kick a member of the squad, if they are being too toxic. Yes, I get reporting is a thing though sometimes it's not so effective in the moment. Maybe for just public mode? As you never know who you are going to be matched with and are host?

The cons of a kick system surpasses the pros by a metric ton.

Most of the times, if there's a troll, you can just leave and re-do the mission, you won't lose much, and this occurs once in a lifetime.

On the other hand, having people vote-kicking you because they don't like your frame, your non-meta weapons, your aura, your fashionframe, your username or whatever, is definitely the thing that'll bring even more toxicity.

It's a wrong view to think that Vote Kick Systems solve toxicity. In the facts, it very often emphasizes it even more.

1 hour ago, Chewarette said:

The cons of a kick system surpasses the pros by a metric ton.

Most of the times, if there's a troll, you can just leave and re-do the mission, you won't lose much, and this occurs once in a lifetime.

On the other hand, having people vote-kicking you because they don't like your frame, your non-meta weapons, your aura, your fashionframe, your username or whatever, is definitely the thing that'll bring even more toxicity.

It's a wrong view to think that Vote Kick Systems solve toxicity. In the facts, it very often emphasizes it even more.

This ^

I laugh each time someone suggests a vote kick systems, as I know what type of person they truly are 

7 hours ago, Asamitsu_Mayosago said:

I'm not exactly sure on where to post this. Though, As excepted for many multi-player games sometimes the community can get a little toxic for a brief moment. Especially if not everyone can see eye go eye in a squad, in game. Sometimes we have those players that get frustrated with whatever that is going on. I would love to suggest a vote to kick a member of the squad, if they are being too toxic. Yes, I get reporting is a thing though sometimes it's not so effective in the moment. Maybe for just public mode? As you never know who you are going to be matched with and are host?

Here's the thing, your sugestion would actually increase toxicity and afk behavior.

When users are faced with the report on another player, it is known that these users are so careless to the point they don't even care about the potential consequences of it, they lie, mislead all because reports are considered dislike buttons by these users.
Don't believe me?

If you take away consequences then the new dislike button you want to introduce would only incentivize more users to use the feature.

Examples:

• What's that? you found an afk player and you called him out to see if he would return to help the squad, sorry to inform you, the other 2 players are from the same clan, you'll be kicked instead.
  • What's that? someone didn't like your prices in the trade chat, well they will make stuff up to get you kicked from the squad. Yes, he will lie, doesn't matter, got you kicked anyway.
  • What's that? you have been kicked before for alleged "toxicity", well then the current squad won't take chances and start a vote kick on you, for the delight of the trolls who managed to trick other users into acepting their vote kick.
  • What's that? you're the only surviving player in arbitration and users are annoyed you didn't revive them? well enjoy a kick, you won't even get a chance at a mission fail. Enjoy losing 30 mins of gameplay because other players didn't like you.

The list goes on forever.

How to address a user you believe isn't wanted in squad:

1. Talk to them to bring them back to normal, this however can make you a target, so stay respectfull, remember, some will act in a way specifically to take you out along with them.
  2. if things worsen up, ignore the user
  3. if you believe he was really far with what he said, simply report.

Ya I'm gonna have to agree with the sentiment here.  A friend I play with is big on using the vote kick if someone isn't playing the way he likes in other games. While it sucks to squad up and lose progress. It's generally known very early into a run with Warframe if a player is going to be a problem. 

The exception right now being Duviri (experience/lone story) but in that case just run it solo.  That's how I have been doing it after a couple weird bugs running pub. 

Archived