Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Thoughts on Arcane Blessing?

4thBro

I want to like this Arcane.

But without ways of forcing health orbs out... they feel like their drop rate is lower than Condition Overload. Sometimes I can spend 10 minutes in a map and only have 2 stacks.

Anyone else feel this way???

You can force Health Orbs out with Synth mods. If you use this with Sentinels that have 100% status Gas modded weapons (e.g. Verglas), then you get a lot of health orbs. And the Synth Fiber will ensure you can always pick up health orbs even at full health.

2 minutes ago, PublikDomain said:

It takes too long to stack up on short missions unless you use one of a few dedicated method of generating Health Orbs, and the buff is lost on death. There are far better survivability Arcanes.

Like what?

Melee have Ultimatum and Reaper, which are great, but beyond that, I don't find ranged play has good defensive arcanes.

Guardian is a meme since 85% of the time it won't proc, thus meaning you probably die from those hits, lol. And it doesn't even refresh, if you had a way to "start the gravy train" of proccing it...

I really don't know what to do for defensive arcanes. Or, in general, how to make some frames able to survive. (I despise shield gate playstyle, always feeling on edge, having to spam when eximuses show up, and dying if you run out of energy.)

48 minutes ago, nslay said:

You can force Health Orbs out with Synth mods. If you use this with Sentinels that have 100% status Gas modded weapons (e.g. Verglas), then you get a lot of health orbs. And the Synth Fiber will ensure you can always pick up health orbs even at full health.

I'm gonna check this out, great suggestion, thanks!

Time to see what weapon lets my sentinel sweep damage onto as many enemies as possible.

(Any suggestions?)

5 minutes ago, 4thBro said:

I'm gonna check this out, great suggestion, thanks!

Time to see what weapon lets my sentinel sweep damage onto as many enemies as possible.

(Any suggestions?)

If you need more robust companions... you can use it on Vulpaphylas too. Although you can't really fit 100% status Gas damage on Vulpaphylas and so I use Swipe to hit more enemies. But it's not clear to me if Swipe propagates the Synth effect or not (not documented on wiki either). Anyway, it doesn't give as many health orbs as a 100% status Gas modded Sentinel weapon.

EDIT: And yes: I suggest (in this order): Verglas, Cryotra and Helstrum. All of these can be modded for 100% status... and don't feel like you have to mod these weapons like normal weapons. You don't need damage (i.e. don't need Serration). You just want 100% status and Gas damage.

If you want some additional survivability on your Sentinel, you can change Gas to Radiation which should redirect fire away from your Sentinel. But you'll get less health orbs.

3 minutes ago, 4thBro said:

Very helpful, I appreciate it.

What about electric status versus gas? Thoughts?

That works too. But Gas lingers after the enemy dies while Electric does not. Also, if you mod your Sentinel weapon for high fire rate and lots of multishot, you can make the Gas cloud larger via multiple Gas procs and can affect more enemies through that.

24 minutes ago, 4thBro said:

Like what?

Melee have Ultimatum and Reaper, which are great, but beyond that, I don't find ranged play has good defensive arcanes.

Guardian is a meme since 85% of the time it won't proc, thus meaning you probably die from those hits, lol. And it doesn't even refresh, if you had a way to "start the gravy train" of proccing it...

I really don't know what to do for defensive arcanes. Or, in general, how to make some frames able to survive. (I despise shield gate playstyle, always feeling on edge, having to spam when eximuses show up, and dying if you run out of energy.)

I use Aegis and it works great. Or Guardian, which is fine, or the new Reaper which is Guardian but better. Also Health and Armor Shards, as well as basic Health mods tbh. If you really want to grub for Orbs and use Blessing I'm not gonna try to convince you otherwise, but for me I find it downright useless. I suggested it ramp up faster when it was released, which would cover most of my issues with it, but got accused of all sorts of stupid nonsense about how I was ruining the game or whatever. 🤷‍♀️

Roger, Roger.

About to give it a shot with gas. (I also need to look into getting a Vulpawhatever. Right now, I just have a Djinn.)

1 minute ago, PublikDomain said:

I use Aegis and it works great. Or Guardian, which is fine, or the new Reaper which is Guardian but better. Also Health and Armor Shards, as well as basic Health mods tbh. If you really want to grub for Orbs and use Blessing I'm not gonna try to convince you otherwise, but for me I find it downright useless. I suggested it ramp up faster when it was released, which would cover most of my issues with it, but got accused of all sorts of stupid nonsense about how I was ruining the game or whatever. 🤷‍♀️

I don't have access to shards yet, I'm only on my 2nd week and have 1 red 1 blue. (And using that blue on Frost atm.)

4 minutes ago, 4thBro said:

Roger, Roger.

About to give it a shot with gas. (I also need to look into getting a Vulpawhatever. Right now, I just have a Djinn.)

Vulpaphylas are Infested Kavats that have better immortality than Djinn. They respawn after 30 seconds instead of 90 seconds with Djinn's Reawaken augment.

I like Sentinels better than Kavats, but they're certainly more delicate. Certain Warframes with CC abilities can greatly extend the life of a Sentinel even in Steel Path. But they will eventually exhaust all Primed Regen stacks if you play an endurance mission long enough.

9 minutes ago, 4thBro said:

I don't have access to shards yet, I'm only on my 2nd week and have 1 red 1 blue. (And using that blue on Frost atm.)

If you're intent on making Blessing work, it might be worth looking into Blood For Life which drops from Vay Hek. It's a Parazon mod that guarantees a Health orb on Parazon finisher, which stacks with the other guaranteed orbs from Eximus kills. You could also look at Well Of Life as a subsume, which poops out a ton of Orbs very quickly. There's also Lycath's Hunt, though you mentioned ranged play. Those are the things I tried when the Arcane was released, and while they work very well it's still not something I personally find competitive with other options. And if you're going to be building around Health orbs anyways, looking into using Equilibrium and Synth Fiber for generating energy at the same time.

Oh yeah, and you might look at Equilibrium and Health Conversion mods. These work really nicely with the Synth set. I really love the synergy between the Synth set and Equilibrium. In the days before Helminth, I even made a Naramon Khora that could solo 8 rounds of ESO without energy problems largely via Equilibrium and Synth set.

I've replaced Guardian with Blessing in all my builds. If the mission is short then your hp isn't much of a factor while in longer ones it doesn't take much to stack, I usually get all 50 orbs between the first A rotations in an endless.

As for orb generation I personally use a Dethcube Prime with the Verglas. Vaporize being AOE gives it good synergy with Synth Deconstruct plus Energy Generator lets it generate both orbs.

Pretty good. I throw it on a few frames that can spawn health orbs quickly, cheaply and reliably. Nezha, Citrine, Voruna, and Nekros love it. Also throw it on frames when I don't really have anything better to put in that slot, but the Frame itself is one I'd use in endless missions anyway. 

2 hours ago, trst said:

I've replaced Guardian with Blessing in all my builds. If the mission is short then your hp isn't much of a factor while in longer ones it doesn't take much to stack, I usually get all 50 orbs between the first A rotations in an endless.

As for orb generation I personally use a Dethcube Prime with the Verglas. Vaporize being AOE gives it good synergy with Synth Deconstruct plus Energy Generator lets it generate both orbs.

Yeah I would like a nice aoe sentinel weapon, but I'm rep gated at Venus for that heat-seeking rocket one.

I'm using that Verglas one right now. It seems like it has a SUPER far range, but it only hits one target at a time? I'm not sure how much it's doing for me on orb creation.

Dethcube dies and it's dead, though, right? So I dunno about that one. And I have a Primed Regen, but that's only +X revives, so I'm hesitant.

How do you handle that? Or do you just not care if he dies, once he's gotten you the 50x stacks?

I put it on all my frames, I love it. Usually doubles my health, what’s not to like? That and Molt Augmented mostly. But it doesn’t really matter on short missions like some have said.

And no synergies, but I use Carrier Prime with Verglas which is OP. I link health so survivability is fine. Sure, in high level missions it sometimes dies, but it’s worth it for me. If you want something not to die, just get the panzer V.

23 minutes ago, 4thBro said:

Yeah I would like a nice aoe sentinel weapon, but I'm rep gated at Venus for that heat-seeking rocket one.

I'm using that Verglas one right now. It seems like it has a SUPER far range, but it only hits one target at a time? I'm not sure how much it's doing for me on orb creation.

Dethcube dies and it's dead, though, right? So I dunno about that one. And I have a Primed Regen, but that's only +X revives, so I'm hesitant.

How do you handle that? Or do you just not care if he dies, once he's gotten you the 50x stacks?

In my experience the main difference between the Helstrum and Verglas is in the fire rates. Helstrum will hit an entire cluster of enemies but will struggle against spaced out groups. While the Verglas ought to mark every lone enemy you encounter. Plus Dethcube's Vaporize is also AOE via punchthrough so you can cover group marking by giving up a mod slot.

But I'd say the choice between the two weapons really comes down to personal preference.

As for survivability Dethcube Prime is one of the tankier Sentinels and Synth Deconstruct has self synergy with Synth Fiber. Health orbs heal both you and your companion while Fiber is constantly keeping their armor buffed. Also you can't pick up health orbs while you are at full HP and thus can't heal your Sentinel, but Synth Fiber (and Arcane Blessing until 50 stacks) let you pick orbs up regardless thus you're always able to heal them.

Between that, the basic stat mods, and the 3x revives from Primed Regen I don't tend to run into issues with their Survivability unless I'm going beyond a C rotation in SP. Though also running any frame that can directly heal/shield them or running Vazarin as your Focus makes them effectively invulnerable. Also there's the Parazon mod Hard Reset which isn't too hard to use well but it doesn't reset Regen revives.

Though I've also recently been looking into Hound synergy with Deconstruct. With mods like Reflex Denial (12m AOE around the Hound) and Synergized Prospetctus (10m AOE around target then bounces to 7 other enemies) they can mark entire rooms of enemies. But animal companion survivability is a bigger hassle unless you're relying on Pack Leader with a melee based loadout as them running into enemies is often too much for Deconstruct+Fiber to keep up.

So that might be worth considering if you don't mind the extra hassle and/or a pet update happens in the future.

IMO that arcane is made for Voruna. Her ability to create orbs on melee kill means she generates plenty of health orbs constantly. Combine it with equilibrium and it also gives her energy. 

It might not be the best arcane to put in that slot, but it's fun to use because of the synergy.

2 hours ago, trst said:

Though I've also recently been looking into Hound synergy with Deconstruct. With mods like Reflex Denial (12m AOE around the Hound) and Synergized Prospetctus (10m AOE around target then bounces to 7 other enemies) they can mark entire rooms of enemies.

DUUUUUUUUUDE... I want you to know that your idea has made me SO happy.

This works SO well. I stack 50x Blessing in no time at all, and with constant Health Conversion, both myself and my pet are super tanky at all times. Plus it's really cool to see him run around with eximus auras, and he absorbs a bit of aggro as well which is nice (split the pressure).

The only downside (with running Reflex Denial) is that its bubble actually blocks YOUR OWN shots as well as enemies'. But overall I think that's fine. A minor annoyance in a small moment of time, but overall, it keeps him alive, it applies aoe Synth, and it's just great.

I'm totally in love with this Hound right now, you have no idea. I feel like it just opened up a few of my struggleframes.

Archived