The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Next Frame

AtsiaZ

4 hours ago, (XBOX)Upl0rdYT said:

Terraria is really good. You should try it if you haven't yet. 

As for the Halloween bosses, they would be some nice themes along with the solar eclipse event which has more "traditional" Halloween enemies. Maybe a Mothron frame to kill 2 birds with one stone by giving us an insect frame?

I played it a lot, but given it's a "normal" 2D game released 2011 and not a game as a service, it's still surprising to see it above Warframe in the Steam charts. Best $2.50 I ever spent. I still have some very old worlds from close to the beginnings. It was my only "perfect" game on Steam once, but I guess it still gets new stuff once in a while. I just looked, and it's still supposed to get updates, heh.

Something like Mothron would make for another great enemy, yes. I'd say that some of the infested work similarly, sans flying.

7 hours ago, (PSN)Hopper_Orouk said:

A spider/silk themed Warframe...that's pretty Halloween if you ask me.

OOooh we need Webber from Donkey Kong Country 2, shoot sticky webs at stuff (grab and lock enemies like Khora's ensnare) and you could pop em open and use them as platforms or to block enemy movement 😝

Hah ,

DE sticks to themes like politicians stick to promises or pancakes stick to teflon pans. 

Not because they really tried from the beginning but because it just happened to work out.

They come up with extremely convoluted logic behind why any frame has any kit or lore that makes it whatever it's "theme" is.

Halloween themed can be anything under the sun including things where the sun don't shine.

So I am not going to bother to speculate.

9 hours ago, 0_The_F00l said:

Hah ,

DE sticks to themes like politicians stick to promises or pancakes stick to teflon pans. 

Not because they really tried from the beginning but because it just happened to work out.

They come up with extremely convoluted logic behind why any frame has any kit or lore that makes it whatever it's "theme" is.

Halloween themed can be anything under the sun including things where the sun don't shine.

So I am not going to bother to speculate.

Maybe we'll get a Cornholio frame in search for TP for his bunghole. Maybe we can get a Titicaca node on Venus or something where we farm him.

On 2023-07-08 at 5:49 AM, MobyTheDuck said:

We already have a magician (Limbo), a ghost (Wisp), a mummy (Inaros), a vampire (Revenant), a Frankenstein's monster/skeleton (Xaku), a psycho (Garuda), a reaper (Nekros), a wraith (Sevagoth), a chimera (Caliban), a banshee (Well, Banshee) and a lycan (Voruna).

Garuda is psycho? She is your "classic" vampire stuffs: feeding on blood, putting enemies on sticks (from Vlad the Impaler that treated people same way).

Voruna isn't Lycan. She is just someone to train beast, like Khora + Venari.

On 2023-07-08 at 5:49 AM, MobyTheDuck said:

A Dullahan/Fallen Knight frame seems the most probably choice.

That would look amazing.

On 2023-07-08 at 7:32 AM, (NSW)Royal_Elf_Mika said:
On 2023-07-08 at 5:55 AM, (PSN)EntityPendragon said:

Idk if it counts but I would love to see a void angel themed warframe. Void angels are super cool lookin

100% would like a Void Angel style warframe

On 2023-07-08 at 5:55 AM, (PSN)EntityPendragon said:

Idk if it counts but I would love to see a void angel themed warframe. Void angels are super cool lookin

As much I would like Void angel frame I would hate it to be just another frame.

Look at how it was introduced & how it plays vs us and other characters (spoilers from Zariman):

Spoiler

We see "it" merged with environment's ceiling. He can fly.

We know that "something" transform people into void angels. They probably can transform most living beings. Look at it like this. You are group of Corpus. Now 1 guy start to act weird. It transform to enemy. More and more your comrades transform to Angels.

Look at the fight (without overpowered gear).

It can stuns you transferring you to Operator. Who knows what happens with enemies.

It can disappear resetting all procs.

It has some connection with void (natural entity or born from something?).

Given all this information, how "void frame" would look like?

Passive: flying (e.g. 2x jump makes you fly)

1st: Stun 1 enemy.

2nd: Nyx mind control

3rd: Disappear (invisibility + immortality), reseting procs, duration or drain mode

4th: Throw big ball (charged), attack with pseudo melees,

Sounds amazing? NOPE. It's boring frame. I've seen some angel frame design and it's still boring design for 1 vs many enemies.

On 2023-07-08 at 11:35 AM, PsiWarp said:

In fear of theme overlap, and knowing Rebecca's obsession... a Dhampir.

And how Dhampir (1/2 of vampire) would work?

In lots of fictions, Vampires moves during night. Sun either kills them or damage them enough to make  them uncomfortable walking during day. Only strong Vampires could walk during day.

Dhampires with 1/2 "genes" of Vampire and 1/2 "genes" of human can walk during day. Sadly all vampire-theme frames (Revenant, Garuda) are already "day walkers". So that "feature" of Dhampires wouldn't work.

Maybe 1/2 Vampire and 1/2 of another creature, e.g. wolf?

On 2023-07-08 at 3:31 AM, Atsia said:

Reb was also excited that we're finally gonna have a frame that start with "D". Maybe for Dullahan.

Ah, you mean "letter D". My bad, my bad. :D

On 2023-07-08 at 1:16 PM, (PSN)robotwars7 said:
On 2023-07-08 at 3:58 AM, (XBOX)Upl0rdYT said:

Halloween themed frame? Even after we have Nekros, Revenant, Garuda, Xaku, and Sevagoth? 

how'd you forget Kullervo.. dude literally walks around with knives stuck in him...

inb4 they give the new frame an awful Exalted Kaithe ability...

As I cannot play Duviri, I would be willing to try Kate in normal mission, however seeing How bad K-drive is then I wouldn't be happy.

On 2023-07-08 at 4:26 AM, (XBOX)CaligulaTwily said:

A guy in a spooky mask, with a chainsaw. The last guy at the haunted house that waits behind you to chase you out the exit. 

Well, they could make special Assault saw (melee type of Ghoulsaw). It could have certain features while wielded via "spooky frame". For example (just random, and probably overpowered thought) every kill with Assault saw would make copy of your frame, heavy attacking enemy (that animation when you stab Saw into enemy and put it into air, CCing it).

On 2023-07-08 at 4:15 PM, (XBOX)Player244024418 said:

Honestly imo we don't need more frames. I'd like to see different, new mission types and scenarios. No, not including herding goats. Even a whole new faction of enemies and planets.

New, non "kill 9999999 enemy per second" would be fine but we don't need another "same" faction. Corrupted is mixed of enemy factions. Narmers are just upgrades.

1 hour ago, quxier said:

As much I would like Void angel frame I would hate it to be just another frame.

Look at how it was introduced & how it plays vs us and other characters (spoilers from Zariman):

Guess your right. Still, anything void related gets me really fired up. Personally the coolest theme in warframe for me (Don't get me started on incarnons.)

2 minutes ago, (PSN)EntityPendragon said:

Guess your right. Still, anything void related gets me really fired up. Personally the coolest theme in warframe for me (Don't get me started on incarnons.)

I love Angels. Fights is great as well (not perfect). Incarnons... well that's why I don't want Angel frame. Interesting concept but poor execution. I don't mean some are not fun (I like melees) but amount of "customization levels" and how it really affects your gameplay is vastly different. For example some doesn't work (jump height) or your have to pick perk that you don't care (e.g. you have 2 perks you want at 1 level, but 0 at next; it would be better to unlock perk based on points - 1st level - 1 point, 2nd level - 2 points; you have e.g. 15 points to use).

13 minutes ago, quxier said:

I love Angels. Fights is great as well (not perfect). Incarnons... well that's why I don't want Angel frame. Interesting concept but poor execution. I don't mean some are not fun (I like melees) but amount of "customization levels" and how it really affects your gameplay is vastly different. For example some doesn't work (jump height) or your have to pick perk that you don't care (e.g. you have 2 perks you want at 1 level, but 0 at next; it would be better to unlock perk based on points - 1st level - 1 point, 2nd level - 2 points; you have e.g. 15 points to use).

Can you put that in a way that an idiot like me can understand. I am having a brain fart trying to understand.

22 minutes ago, quxier said:

Wait, so I think I understand. You have to unlock perks with points instead of a tree. So instead of choosing either one of perks that you have in a tree (What we have now) You have essentially a perk capacity and can select the perks you want.

4 minutes ago, (PSN)EntityPendragon said:

Can you put that in a way that an idiot can understand. I am having a brain fart trying to understand.

Incarnon weapons:

It's nice to have another way to mod weapon. I like that I can put "more combo on slam" mod (called perk) not using mod system.

However, incarnon weapons has problems:

- some perks doesn't work (jump height perk of Innodem or Praedos)

- I want to use certain perks but I cannot. For example I want to use 2 perks from Evolution 4: Perk 1- Incarnon Imago & Perk 2- Swooping Lunge. I don't want to use (I don't care) about perks from Evolution V.

So I can use MODS and PERKS. However not every perk is useful or available.

Hopes it helps, if you have any other question about something in specific - ask.

1 minute ago, quxier said:

Incarnon weapons:

It's nice to have another way to mod weapon. I like that I can put "more combo on slam" mod (called perk) not using mod system.

However, incarnon weapons has problems:

- some perks doesn't work (jump height perk of Innodem or Praedos)

- I want to use certain perks but I cannot. For example I want to use 2 perks from Evolution 4: Perk 1- Incarnon Imago & Perk 2- Swooping Lunge. I don't want to use (I don't care) about perks from Evolution V.

So I can use MODS and PERKS. However not every perk is useful or available.

Hopes it helps, if you have any other question about something in specific - ask.

I see now. Thanks

18 hours ago, (PSN)EntityPendragon said:

It just gets hard for them to explain a void frame themed as an angel considering what the angels are and whom they belong to and that they were unknown during the Orokin empire. Plus now since we have Kullervo we already have a frame with a "void" theme in his story, even though the frame itself is just a regular frame. If an angel frame would be released it would be another living, thinking and emotional frame like Kullervo, but corrupted through their own emotions in that case, at which point the question would be "can a tenno really control it?", since at that point it would be as corrupted and perverted as an angel in comparison to Yonta or the other Holdfast.

3 hours ago, SneakyErvin said:

It just gets hard for them to explain a void frame themed as an angel considering what the angels are and whom they belong to and that they were unknown during the Orokin empire. Plus now since we have Kullervo we already have a frame with a "void" theme in his story, even though the frame itself is just a regular frame. If an angel frame would be released it would be another living, thinking and emotional frame like Kullervo, but corrupted through their own emotions in that case, at which point the question would be "can a tenno really control it?", since at that point it would be as corrupted and perverted as an angel in comparison to Yonta or the other Holdfast.

Disagree that Kullervo is void themed. He is dax themed, duviri dax specifically. We don't have a warframe that is hard void based yet. I resonate with the rest of what you said though.

16 hours ago, (PSN)EntityPendragon said:

Disagree that Kullervo is void themed. He is dax themed, duviri dax specifically. We don't have a warframe that is hard void based yet. I resonate with the rest of what you said though.

Yeah I just mean his story, since he has manifested his own warden after getting banished to the void by that person. Closest to an actual void frame we have is likely Xaku, since it doesnt manifest the void into something else, it just uses the raw power of the void to inflict damage or entangle the foe in a sense very similar to the corruption we can see across the Zariman.

Archived