Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Fun Frames/Weapons?

LynxBoxed

Question

13 answers to this question

The most fun frame for me is Titania because she can fly. When flying she has her own pistols which can be modded to be very strong. If you build her right with boreal mods on her and one on her polearm, she can stay in Razorwing for the entire mission and is more than capable in lower levels of Steel Path. You can cast abilities while in Razorwing, so endless possibilities there if you have a way to keep up her energy. No need to put Razorwing Blitz on her as she is fast enough.

The other frame I have the most fun with is Wukong because it’s Wukong, ‘nuff said.

Gyre can also be fun with her new augment. Cast 3 and 4 and just parkour/bullet jump through the map and everything dies. She needs lots of enemies though or you have to keep recasting those abilities.

For a weapon? I recommend the Ripkas with the Amalgam Ripkas True Steel mod. The Amalgam mod is obtainable from the Ropalolyst.

It's basically a DOOM reference. On a weapon called the Ripkas (Rip and Tear), it gives you +20% reload speed on all Shotguns

And the best part? +100% Gore Chance.

This might not seem like a big deal but this applies to ALL forms of damage you make with your Warframe. Including Primary, Secondary, Archgun, Melee, Abilities.

Obviously it works best with Nekros due to how Descerate works but it's also a lot of fun on other Warframes. Making your abilities come off as more brutal than they normally would.

I guess you could argue it's more of a Stat Stick or Passive rather than the weapon itself but there have been times I forgot I had the Ripkas equipped and enjoyed the results.

Had it on Volt one time, nuked a room and there was something kinda cool about seeing Discharge's electricity ripping enemies apart.

Depends on preference of course, but I like Vauban for all levels of content. Minelayers shrapnel mine scales to enemies, and combined with vortex on a high range build can clear rooms. Good if you like a power based frame thats not 1 click and wait, but requires management of powers uptime.

Otherwise wisp is good if you want to focus guns, as motes are great.

I use Xaku for high level, and while fun might be overkill for low level.

Volt is versitile, can be built for speedruns, defence or nukeing.

Mesa always feels fun to play.

Grendal build around Meatball is rubbish, but great fun, so perfect for low levels.

Unserious build Hydroid tidal rush ! just build for efficiency and spam it to move arround! 

Grendel meatball is ok, but some ''hotfixes'' updates made that between each cast there is like 3 or 4 second cool down before you can cast again. Earlier it was like like you could cast 2 times  and then hit the cool down, same as double jump.  He is great face tank, max efficiency, adaptation, 3 umbrals ,  aura of choice and catapult, healthy nourish and continuity , will actualy let you face tank a lot, if you use gloom over regurgitate. 

Use moa with tractor beam and anti grav array and you have frame who jumps higher and floats longer, so floor is lava zephyr is your pick too. Both fun and actualy can pack a punch.

Valkyr and harpak, joink enemies with graple of valky or harpaks altfire.

Stug, blast enemies with sticky white balls who splash on explosion and either you die or they die by ''great'' performing weapon via laughter, and occasionaly you get great corspe launches.

4 hours ago, chaotea said:

I use Xaku for high level, and while fun might be overkill for low level.

Xaku can be played on not so high levels but with less efficiency. Before eximus rework, I've used 1st for void proc, 2nd to disarm (low duration, ~80%) without 4th of course. Good subsumes are some abilities that doesn't care about duration, at least too much. I've used Harrow & Inaros

Eximus probably break that disarming fun but you (OP) can try it. It may work pretty good on non SP. It was good on Grineer becuase they dont' have too much melee/non-armed units or nullies. Worked on Corrutped/Corpus but... nully spam were disgusting.

4 hours ago, chaotea said:

Grendal build around Meatball is rubbish, but great fun, so perfect for low levels.

With 100% armor strip it can deal pretty decent damage. As for what OP is asking any non-eximus unit is killabe with Pulverize. Eximus just need quick turn off > kill eximus > continue rolling.

With recent change it's super fun to move it - it doesn't even need Catapult augment. I've put Kullervo's Teleport and it pretty good (have to turn it off).

Zephyr's Hover + Kullervo's teleport is nice too.

On 2023-07-20 at 4:49 AM, LynxBoxed said:

I'm trying to find some warframes/weapons that are just fun to play with/mess around with in low level content. They don't have to be effective or steel-path worthy, just plain fun to play. Any recommendations?

So far I really loved ember for the battlemage play style, yareli for the speed and ease of missions as well as the abilities and primary use of my secondary and lazy playing since melee isnt as useful, she is truly underrated, exalibur for his utility and gameplay and nyx if  you like support.

Ivara is alot of fun, you have invisibility. A guided arrow or shot you fly around with a missile cam, you have a bunch of arrows that can call enemies or put a grapple line connecting places or make a person invisible or a space have invisibility for anyone in it, a sleep arrow, and you can use her special bow no matter what you have yo fire a bunch of multi arrows at once.  And her special auto ability is to see things and enemies on the map.  While invisible you can steal from enemies too.  

I find that alot of fun.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, PsychicKitty said:

Ivara is alot of fun, you have invisibility. A guided arrow or shot you fly around with a missile cam, you have a bunch of arrows that can call enemies or put a grapple line connecting places or make a person invisible or a space have invisibility for anyone in it, a sleep arrow, and you can use her special bow no matter what you have yo fire a bunch of multi arrows at once.  And her special auto ability is to see things and enemies on the map.  While invisible you can steal from enemies too.  

I find that alot of fun.

Ivara in general is really really fun in a "Mythbusting" sense to see how she behaves with tons of different projectiles. They don't even have to be Primary or Secondaries either.

Melee based Projectiles such as the Zenistar also work. Combined with Piercing Navigator it becomes a deadly combo. I just wish Navigator didn't ramp up the energy consumption the longer it went on for. Since it's already limited within a radius of Ivara and other frames like Titania can stay in modes such as Razorwing permanently.

On 2023-07-24 at 1:30 AM, Zahnny said:

Ivara in general is really really fun in a "Mythbusting" sense to see how she behaves with tons of different projectiles. They don't even have to be Primary or Secondaries either.

Melee based Projectiles such as the Zenistar also work. Combined with Piercing Navigator it becomes a deadly combo. I just wish Navigator didn't ramp up the energy consumption the longer it went on for. Since it's already limited within a radius of Ivara and other frames like Titania can stay in modes such as Razorwing permanently.

The secret to getting things to work with the Navigator is using penetration.  I found if you can't get something to work with it adding penetration will get it to work.  I enjoy using sniper rifle shots for example with navigator. 

What the cavalcade of extremely different answers in this thread should tell you is that there is no universal "most fun" setup in this game. Try stuff and see what you like!

I would have never thought Oberon would be my favorite, just by looking at him, but I tried him and here we are. Build or otherwise acquire the weapons and warframes that look cool to you, and you'll find your playstyle along the way.

What is fun to one player's sensibilities may be at the opposite spectrum to another's. 

For me staying engaged is the most important... because warframe is the only game I've played and fallen asleep during a mission. Multiple times.

An engaging frame for me is Mag. Her kit always has me experimenting with ways to create havok. I am always repositioning to get the best angles for maximum damage. Always asking myself what if I do this? That's cool but let's cast that second next time.

Not a bad way to go.