Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

what happens if you make it to the mr24 test before the second dream?

cherrypill

the test for mastery rank 24 requires you use your operator, and as far as i can tell nothing else is preventing you from making it that far without completing the second dream. i know its super unlikely, but does anyone know what happens if you try to enter that mastery test without ever having unlocked your operator?

2 hours ago, (PSN)Shaun-T-Wilson said:

you can see what happens in the relay test room, if you are concerned

If they were in that scenario I doubt they would make a forum post asking about what happens, they would just do it.

I doubt anyone is going to make a new account, buy enough items to get to mr24 before doing second dream to find out

9 hours ago, (PSN)Shaun-T-Wilson said:

I thought it only unlocked the practice up to your rank +1? Or maybe that was because I only went to Simaris' room to look at the practice there when I was about to hit 30 and so the tests weren't far ahead there.

9 hours ago, (XBOX)C11H22O11 said:

If they were in that scenario I doubt they would make a forum post asking about what happens, they would just do it.

You'd like to think that, but the number of times I've seen people whining that they have to wait 24 hours every time they fail a mastery test, and then are shocked to find out that you can practice the tests infinitely at the relay...

Of course they could also not be rank 23, but still.  Not everyone knows about the practice tests.

Edited by (PSN)Lollybomb

4 hours ago, Hobie-wan said:

I thought it only unlocked the practice up to your rank +1? Or maybe that was because I only went to Simaris' room to look at the practice there when I was about to hit 30 and so the tests weren't far ahead there.

I can confirm that you can only go up to the test for your next MR. So if you are currently MR15, you can do the MR16 test and all tests below it.

22 hours ago, (PSN)Lollybomb said:

You'd like to think that, but the number of times I've seen people whining that they have to wait 24 hours every time they fail a mastery test, and then are shocked to find out that you can practice the tests infinitely at the relay...

There's a practice button when you pull up the 'ready' screen from the upper left by you profile as well.

19 hours ago, Hexerin said:

I can confirm that you can only go up to the test for your next MR. So if you are currently MR15, you can do the MR16 test and all tests below it.

I forgot to check last night, but thanks for confirming my marbles are mostly still there. 🙂

8 minutes ago, Hobie-wan said:

There's a practice button when you pull up the 'ready' screen from the upper left by you profile as well.

To be fair, that practice button is also hidden off in the corner of the screen, while the main mastery test commence button is prominently displayed in the center and surrounded by flashy fanfare like it's some trashy mobile game. It's beyond easy to just entirely not notice the practice button, and after doing a test or two you'll have been conditioned by muscle memory to never actually look elsewhere on the screen.

It's really shoddy design, and extremely easy to fix. Simply move the practice button to the center of the screen, directly below the commence button. Additionally, place a notification that you can only make one attempt per day, and should try practicing first so you know what you're getting into. There, the entire issue is fixed, and no new player will ever have an issue with this again.

Edited by Hexerin

7 minutes ago, Hexerin said:

Simply move the practice button to the center of the screen, directly below the commence button. Additionally, place a notification that you can only make one attempt per day, and should try practicing first so you know what you're getting into.

No arguments there.

• 3 months later...
On 2023-08-03 at 8:58 AM, (PSN)Shaun-T-Wilson said:

i mean, i'm well aware of that, this post was more for a hypothetical 'what if' scenario, rather than a genuine concern something would break on my personal account.