The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

PSA: Heirloom Collection Platinum Changes & Lessons

[DE]Megan

2 hours ago, (PSN)Hikuro-93 said:

If this is a one-time only thing, so be it. I'll certainly buy it and enjoy two of the best skins in the whole game, and for two of my favorite-ish frames. It is a good pack by itself, but the precedent it sets is very ugly. Please do not do this kind of thing again. Ever.

2 hours ago, [DE]Megan said:

we are dedicated to ensuring all future Heirloom Collection releases have more purchase flexibility and reflect all feedback we received during this launch.

Why of course it not a one time thing, I will start saving money for Ember&Rhino heirloom if I were you😴 

I'm wondering if this is purely just for profit margins based on Tencent scrutiny and greed or it's bait for newer players who don't know better. Me personally, not gonna buy a pack for 1 skin I want. Is that what DE expects? ppl to pay nearly 100 dollars for 1 or 2 items they may want? 

This is not the solution literally everyone was wanting. This is a small, slap on band-aid for something that needs serious attention. Now. Adding more plat is not what we wanted. We have TONS of ways to get plat. We wanted separate purchases for the things that actually matter - the skins and signas. You gave us something we didn't want. Also, is this really how you want to continue in the future with the FOMO crap? First, it's the Archon Shards and their ridiculous chance to be 50% better or not, and now it's a bundle of skins and signas that are FOMO? This is beyond bad juju. I left Lost Ark because of the crazy high FOMO, and I don't want to have that same feeling with Warframe. Don't tarnish this great game.

• Like 6

That didn't address ANY points the community was making:

- FOMO (There is no reason for these packs to be limited time.)

- Price bloat (You are being forced to buy Platinum and Aya to increase the price and "value")

- You can only buy both (Unlike Prime/Vault Access, where you can just buy the one frame pack you want)

- Money only (There were more money-only packs, but they were Update-Supporter packs with stuff from the update itself, plus some weapon skins at most)

- Corroding the goodwill and mood of the entire 10th Anniversary celebration ("Hey guys, thanks for supporting us to 10 years! You can now thank us by buying this expensive, money only, skin bundle! And buy it fast, or you will NEVER get it again! Tee hee!")

This entire post just reeks of "We totally expected backlash, so we had a premade response in standby where we do less than the bare minimum"

Edited by MobyTheDuck
  • Like 15

Just now, (XBOX)Itz2Cat said:

When i was watching the 1999 part of Tennocon, i had a straight face for all of it. All i was thinking about were these S#&$ty bundles.

On my end I was considering that two skins and a negligible amount of plat and some stuff I needed even less were being sold for more than I paid for Armored Core 6, a full price game. It just tastes bad, you know.

• Like 2

The time limitation is enough to make it a status symbol. You know this from the past 10 years of comments from players that wish they had the Founder's Pack. It's not the cost of the pack, it's the fact that it isn't available anymore that makes it a status symbol. Despite what some say, FOMO in itself isn't inherently bad. It's how you implement it that actually matters. And right now you're using it in a really careless way. Instead of announcing a cosmetic bundle for an exorbitant price and immediately launching it for a huge time period, you would've done better in announcing the packs and intended price points, then forecast a shorter time period in which these things would be sold. There was nothing stopping you from putting the packs up for sale at a later date and letting people accustom to the thoughts of buying these. What you're effectively doing here is accosting people and giving them the option to buy something they really want, but only if they also buy a bunch of things they don't want along with it. And you're doing so while seemingly expecting the long time period to be enough time for people to rummage around for money to buy the pack they want. But this way of thinking is missing the point. The Heirloom Packs don't need more value, they need more options. Sensible options.

I bought the pack right after you put it up, because the value of everything in the packs was fair enough for the price it was sold at. I didn't mind the splurge at all. I also didn't even check the lower packs and just assumed one was just the skins with no premium currencies added. But apparently not. I want both the playerbase to be happy and your game to thrive for your sake. These two things aren't mutually exclusive. The inflation of the price via Regal Aya and platinum has no bearing on making the skins a big deal. It only serves to turn a lot of people off from buying the pack at all. You've got lots of people that want to spend their money on the skins, but they want to do just that: buy the skins for the price they're worth. A lot of people can't justify dumping money equivalent to weeks of food on a cosmetic pack to only get one thing out of it that they wanted. And they shouldn't have to. Because once again, the exclusivity of these skins will come to stem from them being unavailable for purchase in the future. Not because you charged an extortionate amount of money for them. And you are doing that right now. The Regal Aya and platinum is useless to a lot of people. You're gating these people out of buying the packs because they don't want to buy premium currencies.

Look at it this way: You're announcing that you're selling two beautiful limited-edition cars that you've put gold bars into the trunks of to raise the price and say that it's a fair deal. All while people just want to buy one or both the cars without the random gold bars slapped onto the price tag. I.e. you've now tweaked the balance between the worth of the products and your price, but it isn't what people are taking issue with. Removing the Regal Aya and platinum from the packs and adjusting the price doesn't seem feasible from your side, if you can pardon me for assuming. But it doesn't matter, since you still have all the power to add packs with just the cosmetics for the individual frames, with the price you've calculated the Regal Aya and platinum to be worth subtracted from it all. Hell, don't include the profile accolade in them, leave it for the biggest pack and leave that one as it is now. It'd still be an massive improvement with just options to buy the cosmetics. The Heirloom skins will be exclusive.

You also have time to fix this while this 10-year anniversary is still relevant. Really, really hope you don't just go with this lukewarm post as the end of it, and that you'll opt to not do more of these kinds of packs in the future just because you ballsed this one up initially.

Edited by Disasterchild
  • Like 3

3 minutes ago, Jayxe56 said:

This is not the solution literally everyone was wanting. This is a small, slap on band-aid for something that needs serious attention. Now. Adding more plat is not what we wanted. We have TONS of ways to get plat.

Now they have a reason to call it a "fair" deal. But it is still overpriced af and with "filler" content

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, (PSN)TEAINSHENNON said:

Easy for whales to say but that's the point here the price is way to high with no option to just get a lesser pack at a fair price with the items you like

Sometimes you can’t buy the pack, & that’s fine use your money on other stuff, if I see something for me that’s too high price regardless how good it is / looks I’m not buying it. It is a special pack while it can be pricy, if I didn’t see it like a deal or worth my money I won’t buy it, I haven’t bought it yet & maybe still won’t buy it at all even with the changes because I could use my money on better things & done. 

Regardless y’all’s voices has been heard & I don’t really care about this situation since it’s something I may or may not buy anyways, ive been playing since 2013 so having the cosmetics or not I could care less 

Edited by Guitar_Dude09

6 minutes ago, (XBOX)Itz2Cat said:

When i was watching the 1999 part of Tennocon, i had a straight face for all of it. All i was thinking about were these S#&$ty bundles.

I have never been so unhyped in a Tennocon, and Ive been buying the digital pack since 2018. I will support and celebrate with DE as much as possible, within a reasonable peramiter, but this is a new low.

• Like 7

More platinum, well, I can buy that any time of the year with no fear of FOMO... it doesn't exactly scream "exclusive"

I wish they had added more actual exclusives, maybe some weapon skins, perhaps universal ones. We rarely get anything like that, and I could at least run weapon skins all day without needing to run a particular warframe

Edited by Pakaku
  • Like 3

1 minute ago, ChronaticL said:

I have never been so unhyped in a Tennocon, and Ive been buying the digital pack since 2018. I will support and celebrate with DE as much as possible, within a reasonable peramiter, but this is a new low.

100% agreed. I do support DE and am happy to do so. But this is under the idea of "I give them money and in return i get a fair deal"

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Vortex said:

Don't put me on "your community" and you don't talk about our concern, we value their job as everyone here wish to be valued on their own job, they change the bundle to please you so or you pick it or leave, no one is forcing you to buy it.

Correct, I won't count you as part of the community.
Mainly because I can't possibly imagine you being a genuine human being with that metric tonne of vanity you have dragging the remains of trodden body around.

So glad we're on the same page there.

1 hour ago, ShardPerson said:

while in PoE they've been normalized for a long time now, people simply gave up.

And than people who have purchased the bundle and will defend their usage of said money.
Y'know, in the same way if I threatened Nestle with exposing their Child-Slave Factories in third world countries.
Aggressive denial, possibly even a lawsuit if they smelled a SMIDGE of a possible backing to it.

Personally, I'd even forgive the Supporter Pack if they brought those back. (Wordplay not intentional)
... but no, that'd be too easy to work with. God forbid respectful profit exists in 2023, DE.

• Like 5

Just now, Fori_Tuna said:

Please please let me know if the money we spend on this bundle go straight into DE and not parent company's pocket, I know the price is high but I want to show my appreciation this way.

That's not really something they can share...

But DE is owned by Tencent, they are no longer independent and haven't been independent for years at this point. Whether or not that knowledge helps is up to you to look in to more deeply.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Disasterchild said:

The time limitation is enough to make it a status symbol. You know this from the past 10 years of comments from players that wish they had the Founder's Pack. It's not the cost of the pack, it's the fact that it isn't available anymore that makes it a status symbol. Despite what some say, FOMO in itself isn't inherently bad. It's how you implement it that actually matters. And right now you're using it in a really careless way. Instead of announcing a cosmetic bundle for an exorbitant price and immediately launching it for a huge time period, you would've done better in announcing the packs and intended price points, then forecast a shorter time period in which these things would be sold. There was nothing stopping you from putting the packs up for sale at a later date and letting people accustom to the thoughts of buying these. What you're effectively doing here is accosting people and giving them the option to buy something they really want, but only if they also buy a bunch of things they don't want along with it. And you're doing so while seemingly expecting the long time period to be enough time for people to rummage around for money to buy the pack they want. But this way of thinking is missing the point. The Heirloom Packs don't need more value, they need more options. Sensible options.

I bought the pack right after you put it up, because the value of everything in the packs was fair enough for the price it was sold at. I didn't mind the splurge at all. I also didn't even check the lower packs and just assumed one was just the skins with no premium currencies added. But apparently not. I want both the playerbase to be happy and your game to thrive for your sake. These two things aren't mutually exclusive. The inflation of the price via Regal Aya and platinum has no bearing on making the skins a big deal. It only serves to turn a lot of people off from buying the pack at all. You've got lots of people that want to spend their money on the skins, but they want to do just that: buy the skins for the price they're worth. A lot of people can't justify dumping money equivalent to weeks of food on a cosmetic pack to only get one thing out of it that they wanted. And they shouldn't have to. Because once again, the exclusivity of these skins will come to stem from them being unavailable for purchase in the future. Not because you charged an extortionate amount of money for them. And you are doing that right now. The Regal Aya and platinum is useless to a lot of people. You're gating these people out of buying the packs because they don't want to buy premium currencies.

Look at it this way: You're announcing that you're selling two beautiful limited-edition cars that you've put gold bars into the trunks of to raise the price and say that it's a fair deal. All while people just want to buy one or both the cars without the random gold bars slapped onto the price tag. I.e. you've now tweaked the balance between the worth of the products and your price, but it isn't what people are taking issue with. Removing the Regal Aya and platinum from the packs and adjusting the price doesn't seem feasible from your side, if you can pardon me for assuming. But it doesn't matter, since you still have all the power to add packs with just the cosmetics for the individual frames, with the price you've calculated the Regal Aya and platinum to be worth subtracted from it all. Hell, don't include the profile accolade in them, leave it for the biggest pack and leave that one as it is now. It'd still be an massive improvement with just options to buy the cosmetics. The Heirloom skins will be exclusive.

You also have time to fix this while this 10-year anniversary is still relevant. Really, really hope you don't just go with this lukewarm post as the end of it, and that you'll opt to not do more of these kinds of packs in the future just because you ballsed this one up initially.

I couldn't agree more with you. The fact that there are only 3 bundles and all have "fillers" in them make them obsolete and overpriced obviously. As you said, they should at least split the bundles into separate individual ones, one with the Mag skin and the other with the Frost skin. They both should have the Signas and maybe the color pallet (not mandatory), and there should be no platinum, no accolades, no regal aya, no bs that would inflate the price like crazy. At least they should give the players exactly and precisely what they want, cause some people like only one skin, or maybe both. Ty for the long comment.

• Like 4

Just now, LoopStricken said:

Basically, "playing dress-up" is a big part of the game. There wouldn't be player-created skins and accessories if cosmetics weren't a core aspect.

For me i'd say 80% of a games total enjoyment is on visual customization. So if you took away all customization from warframe i couldn't be less interested in it.

The main reason my child brain got into the game 9 years ago is because of a youtube ad that showed a mag having her colours changed on the right side of my youtube gui.

quite a strange and fond memory that one.

• Like 4

8 minutes ago, (XBOX)Itz2Cat said:

Not if we don't shut up until something is done.

We won't. There are a lot of people, here and on other sites that are talking about it and criticizing it for how much DE is charging for these bundles.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, IceBen said:

It is understandable that you can't just undo the pack for people who bought it already

2 hours ago, Dioxety said:

I understand that you likely can't change it because people already bought in

I've seen a few posts with this sentiment but you two were conveniently right next to eachother so you're the one's I'm quoting.
The thing is, it's not "understandable". Because they did this the way that they did on purpose to elicit exactly that reaction. Nobody at DE looked at these packs and thought "this is okay" The looked at them and thought "We're gonna drop them in the most not-okay state we think we can get away with, then use people that bought them in that state as an excuse to not fix the things we know are the actual problem, and act like we're apologizing with a little plat bump"

You don't think 600 plat was low on purpose to facilitate that? When the comparatively priced prime access bundles have thousands, and regal aya comes with platinum attached? For a 10y anniversary supporter bundle?

They've had this problem before, multiple times. They know exactly what they're doing. A 6yo could have predicted the players' reaction to this.

I appreciate you both acknowledged that this wasn't fixing the problem. But don't go sympathizing with something they obviously setup to play out that way on purpose.

• Like 8

10 minutes ago, BowserNC said:

Im not talking about other games buddy. I barely have time to play anything else. And yet i still call it "hive mind" whether you like it or not. I've been scrolling through these posts to see what people are saying and they're pretty much asking for the same thing. I dont want to insult anyone calling them part of a "hive mind", but thats how they are behaving and its funny to be honest. I've been playing this game for over 5 years and will continue to. But when i see people arguing with each other instead of doing something about it, it's just frustrating...  

So, according to you, if I have the same opinion about one or another topic with the majority I have to keep quiet least I would be labeled as having a "hive-mind".

Basically, majority shut the fk up, you don't matter. Only us, moneyplayers are important. Not that is matter, but I probably spent more money than you in this game, so even after your standards I still have the rights to say whatever I want. Luckily is not for you to decide who can talk and who be silent. 

At any rate, in this way, soon, all your wishes will be granted: most of us will leave you alone to play a dying game an to approve like sheep everything the communist party will communicate to you. 

• Like 1