Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

PSA: Heirloom Collection Platinum Changes & Lessons

[DE]Megan

5 minutes ago, SephirothWS said:

No matter the length of time that the packs are available, the fact that they ARE time limited is what triggers the entire FOMO portion of the feedback here. Just because there's 4 months left doesn't mean its non-FOMO. Try again.

I still want to see the skins themselves and the color palette made available in the in-game market for platinum.

is this your first time seeing stuff limited? it is a common thing, it is meant to be exclusive, legacy, something for supporters of the game, something you can show off. 

battlepasses in fortnite, overwatch, cod. those are exclusive and limited

gamersupps sell special edition limited with content creators imprints on them

youtooz sell limited figures of content creators

Its not something that D.E sudddenly made up

so stop crying your eyeballs out, they're becoming dry.

• Like 1

Just now, Niinyy said:

is this your first time seeing stuff limited? it is a common thing, it is meant to be exclusive, legacy, something for supporters of the game, something you can show off. 

battlepasses in fortnite, overwatch, cod. those are exclusive and limited

gamersupps sell special edition limited with content creators imprints on them

youtooz sell limited figures of content creators

Its not something that D.E sudddenly made up

so stop crying your eyeballs out, they're becoming dry.

"The bad thing is OK because other people do it too".

Nonsense.

• Like 27

I think a lot of solid arguments have been made on this. I personally don't mind it being a timed event cause in theory it can come back as potentially more heirloom cosmetics come out... However I think that this bundle felt more like how can we get the bundle to $100 rather than let's make a legendary skin worthy of being $100 and the other stuff in the bundle is just a bonus. I personally had no practical use for the regal Aya and I already have too much platinum that I don't know how to spend. I still bought the pack and not cause of fear of missing out but cause it's a supporter pack and I thoroughly enjoy warframe. Would I have liked an option where I could just get the skins for a lot less than the bundle 100% yes but I still bought the pack cause I want to support warframe and the team that makes it awesome.

• Like 1

As a founder who started playing shortly after closed beta and still have my silly ninja headband, I got to say this has been a really S#&$ty anniversary experience. Giving ME the option to pay YOU money on the anniversary of the game I kept supporting and playing for the last 10 years is scummy at best. However, to put up this bundle at €80,99 is downright disgusting. No one wants plat and regal aya bloating the price of this pack.

Do the right thing and sell the skins separately without the plat/aya bloat so that people can enjoy them. Set them up for plat so that F2P players have a chance to pick them up.

Give people who have played the game for 10 years the stupid accolade, in what fresh kind of hell is it acceptable for me to pay for someone to aknowledge that I have been a fan of a game for 10 years. This is downright absurd!

• Like 21

I know that other have already said this but I'd just like to say: I would love to see you add two more options of the heirloom packs one that is just the skin and halo for Frost and another that is only the skin for Mag with her halo. Even if those two packs had aya and plat in them with some of the other goodies even if they where more the half the price of the full bundle each I would be more willing to pay even $50-60 for just one of the skins

I personally love Mag she was even my first frame and that skin is beyond beautiful, but I can't stand playing Frost I don't like his kit and style and anything he is good at there are other frames that do the same thing. and I know there will be players that feel the other way around that can't stand Mag and love Frost. And we would like an option to buy the skin for the frame we want and pass on the one that is just dead weight for us.

I personally don't care one way or the other about the aya or plat, I bet something will make me use them but Not even a total overhaul will change my want to use a frame I don't like, forcing me to pay for a limited run skin for it is unacceptable. It is solely that fact that has made me decide that I will not buy that pack even thou I know that my poor Mag will not be given the glory she deserves, and that the artists that have made these skins should be praised.

TLDR: I will not buy these skins together, but would pay good money to buy only one of the skins

• Like 1

8 hours ago, [DE]Megan said:

Greetings, Tenno!

We’re back in action after TennoCon 2023 - and our number one priority is addressing the community’s reaction to the Heirloom Collection.

We missed the mark here and understand the feedback we're receiving because of it. After taking some time to review and evaluate our options based on the concerns, we have opted to increase the Platinum amounts in all Heirloom Packs. 

The Feedback we can address for the current Heirloom Collection:

“The value of the Packs does not justify the price point.”

Our Change to Address:

We are increasing Platinum to all Heirloom Packs to bring them alongside Prime Access standards:

• Increase Platinum in Risen Pack: 400 to 800
  • Add Platinum in Celestial Pack: 800
  • Increase Platinum in Zenith Pack: 600 to 2100

*The Platinum will be delivered via in-game Inbox to accounts that have already purchased the respective Packs. We are coordinating our efforts now to arrange the Inbox send, and Hotfix required. We will signal when the Inbox has been delivered on all Platforms.

Similar to how Regal Aya bundles launched with no Platinum and were met with strong feedback, we agree Heirloom Packs need more value to justify their status.  

This decision was made to address the feedback and maintain the expectations we had set for players upon the release of the Heirlooms (time exclusivity and Pack contents). In doing so, we are able to increase the value of pack contents in a way that does not remove any value for Tenno who have bought them. We do not feel it would be fair to those who purchased an Heirloom Collection already with the understanding that they were time-limited to now remove that element. Those who have purchased simply get more, and ultimately they are now a good Platinum deal with exclusive Cosmetics.

Heirloom Collections are intended to be unforgettable (for the right reasons) - we are also discussing ways we can better preserve that feeling of legacy, quality, and prestige for future Heirloom Collections (if we make more).

We truly appreciate your feedback and concerns and recognize the responsibility we have in ensuring that any new directions we take with cosmetic exclusives are done with much more careful consideration. The Heirlooms were designed with the celebratory nature of this year's TennoCon and 10-year anniversary, and it's on us to ensure that you, as a player, feel that we are upholding years of lessons learned when it comes to selling cosmetic exclusives. If we continue with this series, we are dedicated to ensuring all future Heirloom Collection releases have more purchase flexibility and reflect all feedback we received during this launch.

Thank you, Tenno!

They should be purchasable without having to pay for a huge bundle to bloat the price.

They should be purchasable for plat like every other skin.

• Like 3

56 minutes ago, Voltage said:

There was no mention either on changing functionality of the Heirloom Accolade to represent and acknowledge 10 years and millions of dollars in purchases from existing players. If the Accolade is to represent 10 years of support, than anyone with a purchase between the time-frame of Disciple Founder to Wisp Prime Access should have this Accolade.

I would really like this the most. I went into the game wanting to be F2P but I just couldn't justify it after how much I played. I have spent money to support the developers and I've rarely felt bad doing it. I get to have my own personal memory immortalized on YouTube of Megan calling me out at Tennocon as the guy in the Warframe ChristmasTennobaum sweater, which shows not only have I spent money on the game for platinum but I've loved the game enough to actively advertise it on my person in merchandise.

The accolade being locked behind a recent purchase feels really bad to me. I went to Tennocon not knowing anything about the Heirloom skins other than that they existed, and I was excited for them when I saw what they were on the main stage (Mag being my second most played frame). I went ham at the merch store not just because I wasn't sure if it was going to be the only Tennocon I would ever go to in person (travel is expensive), but because I have so many fond memories of the game, and what better way to remember all the years of Warframe than an art book showing off all of those years of development? The second soundtrack showing off all the awesome music we've gotten since the first one? Then again, if we're talking about support at the ten year mark, I'd say personally attending Tennocon on the ten year anniversary would suffice, wouldn't you think?

There's so many different arguments that could be made about what else deserves the accolade, and I honestly hate that the crazy experience I had at Tennocon celebrating ten years of Warframe with so many others that love the game is being immediately overshadowed by...this.

I can't wait for what the future holds for Warframe. The updates at Tennocon looked amazing and even if there have been missteps in the past, I still want to continue the journey Warframe has taken me on. DE, please don't let these packs stay like this.

Thanks for all the amazing work we've received over the years. I hope in the future I can say this accolade is one worth having.

• Like 3

My problem is that I only want the Signas.

I don't use Mag & rarely use Frost so I really can't justify paying for these just for the 2 Signas. It doesn't seem right lock a new cosmetic option behind skins.

The Signas should be in a cheaper pack by themselves OR maybe have an option to purchase them with Platinum.

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, Niinyy said:

you have until the end of the year to buy this. theres no FOMO here, you have plenty of time.

You just typed out the FOMO part yourself. If it is limited - it has FOMO, no matter how much or how little.
Warframe's always positioned itself as a no-FOMO allowed kind of game. From NW, to prime resurgence being core to the experience of "If not now you will have more chances later". These Heirloom skins go against what Warframe's been for a decade. It's like a plothole, lol. 
What are we 'funding' here, too? Prime releases exist. Game's been out for a decade, if this is to feed Soulframe, make a Soulframe founder's pack and make us ride the wave of "hopefully that works out".

• Like 10

I already purchased the pack and IDC if you make a cheaper pack, remove the time limited portion of it, or make it available for plat, I was dumb and trusted you guys that was my fault.  I'm not going to get upset if other players can get it cheaper but If you guys "need" money then the least you could do is make a skin only pack for sale for players that were smart and didn't purchase the pack.  Also for the love of god don't put Regal Aya in a pack ever again its a worthless currency only useful for purchasing old items from a time limited rotation. I don't wanna be holding onto 800 Royal Aya because you guys keep lumping that crap in packs with stuff I want.  I also hope the reason you guys only posted the first post and no replies is because you all feel ashamed of exploiting your players and not because you got caught with your hand in the cookie jar and are hoping the backlash will blow over.

• Like 9

12 minutes ago, ASH_PRlME said:

"We do not feel it would be fair to those who purchased an Heirloom Collection already"

so you guys know this thing is unfair already lmao

It's such a cop-out. They say this every time there's a controversy and has it ever actually been a problem? Did anyone who bought Regal Aya without the plat really complain that adding it back in was unfair? What about all the players who paid for Twitch Prime exclusives, any of them complaining that now you can buy them at any time from Varzia? What about the CB players with Braton Vandal and Lato Vandal? Didn't seem to matter then. What about the players who monopolized Ignis Wraith? What about the Hema, ooh we wouldn't want to be unfair to the poor fools that grinded it out. What about the few players who had Primed Chamber? It's such a bunk excuse because it's never mattered. No one but narcissists are gonna care that the filthy poors can wear a crown too.

Edited by PublikDomain
  • Like 14

Soooo... everyone has their ducks outta alignment because they wanted a pretty dress up cosmetic, DE wanted to charge "too much" for it (making it elite and time-gated to artificially inflated in FOMO-value), and now, instead of, ya know, just NOT BUYING IT, they are threatening boycotts and quitting the game?

Sheesh.

I'm sorry to see y'all go, but, well, BYE. You can vote by just NOT BUYING THE THING. You don't have to (threaten to( quit the game over it; its not like you have to pay to play the thing, AT ALL.

Because that's the thing, folks... this is one of the most accessible-without-a-credit-card games out there. If you wanna play, you don't have to spend a SINGLE DIME on it. And, unlike a lot of games out there that promise the same, in WF, you really can get just about everything without dropping any cash.

Yeah, people will be able to spend cash to look pretty. Not kill better, JUST look better. That's IT.

When they charge cash only (no plat, because you can prettily easily make plat playing in-game)) for weapons and boosters and stuff, then we can talk. But they have to make money for the game, folks. And that means testing the market for what the market will tolerate.

Yeah, this was an over-reach. They get that, and have apologized and added stuff to the packs. But, for players who get more than just about any other game out there for possibly ZERO dollars, a lot of the "BUT I WANT MORE!" people here sound pretty entitled. At least to me.

• Like 5

3 minutes ago, FuzzyDruid said:

But they have to make money for the game, folks.

They just donated 200 grand what are you even on about? If they're that poor they shouldn't be funding a separate game either.

And that means testing the market for what the market will tolerate.

And if you haven't noticed after the 30 pages in a day here or the 50 pages on the GD thread, the market isn't really tolerating.

• Like 12

Soooo... everyone has their ducks outta alignment because they wanted a pretty dress up cosmetic, DE wanted to charge "too much" for it (making it elite and time-gated to artificially inflated in FOMO-value), and now, instead of, ya know, just NOT BUYING IT, they are threatening boycotts and quitting the game?

Sheesh.

I'm sorry to see y'all go, but, well, BYE. You can vote by just NOT BUYING THE THING. You don't have to (threaten to( quit the game over it; its not like you have to pay to play the thing, AT ALL.

Because that's the thing, folks... this is one of the most accessible-without-a-credit-card games out there. If you wanna play, you don't have to spend a SINGLE DIME on it. And, unlike a lot of games out there that promise the same, in WF, you really can get just about everything without dropping any cash.

Yeah, people will be able to spend cash to look pretty. Not kill better, JUST look better. That's IT.

When they charge cash only (no plat, because you can prettily easily make plat playing in-game)) for weapons and boosters and stuff, then we can talk. But they have to make money for the game, folks. And that means testing the market for what the market will tolerate.

Yeah, this was an over-reach. They get that, and have apologized and added stuff to the packs. But, for players who get more than just about any other game out there for possibly ZERO dollars, a lot of the "BUT I WANT MORE!" people here sound pretty entitled. At least to me.

It's pretty telling how a lot of these defenders have only one post their names, and it's in this thread. Either they've been avoiding the forums for a while, or something else is amiss. But either way, they miss the entire point every single time. It's kind of sad, to be honest.

• Like 9

5 minutes ago, PublikDomain said:

They just donated 200 grand what are you even on about? If they're that poor they shouldn't be funding a separate game either.

Well, if you think that a company will want to stop making money just because they can buy a soda to the employees so you have a serious problem.

Edited by Vortex
  • Like 3

2 minutes ago, FuzzyDruid said:

Sheesh.

Hey bud, you work with straw often? Cause that's one mighty fine strawman you've built yourself there.

I haven't seen anyone in this thread complain that they want these skins for free or that they are going to quit over this. The fact of the matter is that warframe endgame has been and always will be fashion frame. Given your self tell there with the "it JUST look better, that's IT" you are probably one of those people who will shill for this and lord it over people in the game. These people have plenty of revenue streams for this game, its VERY WELL monetized as it is and its kept them going for how long has it been now...right, a decade.

So kindly do #*!% off with that gatekeeping of yours.

• Like 5

The extra platinum is a good faith start, but you should really offer just the cosmetic skins & their signas, individually and preferably for plat. 

Let the players who want to get just the cosmetics at a reasonable, uninflated price get them. This bundle nonsense prices those people out and leaves them dissatisfied.

Let the players who have plat burning a hole in their pocket actually be able to use it on ingame cosmetics. After all, it was paid for. Why are you devaluing plat by adding cosmetic items that it can't be used for? This is a strange decision.

Let the players who want to support you more graciously get the pricier paid bundle with the plat and aya and accolade and so on.

Feeling forced to obtain a ton of nonsense you don't want out of a transaction is going to leave players feeling like you're being scummy. Because you are being scummy. The FOMO is also scummy. 

These are lessons you've already learned and applied to prime access. Accessory packs, resurgence allowing these items to reoccur and be obtained later.

Make these changes and if you feel strongly like you're pulling the rug out from people who already bought it, then offer refunds. That would be the best thing you could do, DE.

• Like 10