Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

PSA: Heirloom Collection Platinum Changes & Lessons

[DE]Megan

5 minutes ago, CosoMalvadoNG said:

Has i said. They don't gonna do changes in the actual heirlooms packs. They said next year gonna be different.

We'll see about that. I prefer hold my hopes for now.

Edited by Kaziroh
  • Like 6

I think the only thing that could have made it a perfect TennoCon is if we didn't have the Heirloom situation go as it did, so...

So change it.

I'm just gonna kinda speak from the heart on that, for me that was really the only thing that I wished we handled a lot differently...

So change it.

... and for if we continue with the Heirloom program next year we are gonna be making pretty radical changes based on feedback...

But not this year?

Uh, the skins - visually - people love, but the way we rolled them out really missed the mark for a lot of people...

So change it.

We did make some changes and we will, next year, for next year's TennoCon if we do an Heirloom v2 we absolutely are gonna be pretty - pretty radical changes for, you know, how we're gonna release those...

Right, but not this year.

If that hadn't had had the reaction it did it would've been a perfect day, but obviously we make mistakes...

So address them.

I'm not saying that hollistically everything with Heirlooms was a mistake but there was clearly some things that just did not make people happy...

So change it.

And the adjustments we did make, honestly we gave our reasoning in the forum post about how we felt we could fix things...

Fix one thing, sure, but not any of the other things?

And still honor the promises of what people actually bought...

By excluding everyone that will join our community from 2024 and onward, or couldn't afford to "celebrate" by giving you $70+. How fair.

Expected, disappointing. All that "we know we screwed up" but you don't want to do anything about it? You know you can fix it, right? Nah, just lock it in forever and talk about gummy worms.

Vote with your wallets.

6fakqD1.png

Edited by PublikDomain
  • Like 18

2 minutes ago, PublikDomain said:

Expected, disappointing. All that "we know we screwed up" but you don't want to do anything about it? You know you can fix it, right? Nah, just lock it in forever and talk about gummy worms.

Soft warm gummy bears from under the hat. :laugh:

• Like 1

Next year is too late for fans of Mag/Frost unfortunately.  Really disappointing to have a favourite and tfor that to be the tester for failed roll-outs.

Guess I'll continue my plan of holding back on my usual Plat purchases and seeing if the total ends up being enough to buy them before they go.

• Like 8

4 minutes ago, Slayer-. said:

If they do them next year Red said there will be some radical changes in the next pack/s.

Which means nothing. Say they actually do make changes and future Heirlooms are radically more accessible like other skins. Enjoy Frost and Mag? Too bad! Frost and Mag are still locked forever.

Support the game for 10 years? Too bad, you're still not a real 10 year supporter.

Edited by PublikDomain
  • Like 13

6 minutes ago, Slayer-. said:

?

One of the many issues with these packs has been the Accolade. It doesn't matter how much you've supported DE over the years, if you don't buy these packs specifically you can't get the "10 Year Supporter" badge. Spent $300 dollars on the game over the years? $1,000? $3,000? More, as I've seen in some people's screenshots? Still not a "10 Year Supporter". Edit: If the Accolade were something like "Heirloom Supporter" or whatever then this wouldn't be an issue.

Edited by PublikDomain
  • Like 13

13 minutes ago, PublikDomain said:

One of the many issues with these packs has been the Accolade. It doesn't matter how much you've supported DE over the years, if you don't buy these packs specifically you can't get the "10 Year Supporter" badge. Spent $300 dollars on the game over the years? $1,000? $3,000? More, as I've seen in some people's screenshots? Still not a "10 Year Supporter". Edit: If the Accolade were something like "Heirloom Supporter" or whatever then this wouldn't be an issue.

Yes, that is the strange part about it, only Founders who have been around and playing from the start after taking a gamble on the game from the start are the true 10 year supporters.

I've spent a fair share of money over the years in some prime packs and plat and played getting up around 9000 ingame hours but not a 10 year supporter when it boils down to it.

• Like 10

On 2023-09-27 at 2:36 PM, (PSN)rexis12 said:

Remember, they tried to do that again when Reb took over with one discussions with 'Hot Topics' but bailed when the 'Open Communication' wasn't just blind praise.

I still find it funny how all it took was like a small community request for Styanax to have his nerfs rolled back, and then open communication just ceased entirely.

Speaking of this, just checked the last Dev Workshop threads (easy to find through "latest staff replies" forum stream)...

Turns out these are all locked from comments so guess DE indeed ceased "open communication" now that @[DE]Rebecca is at charge.

EDIT: Nevermind, posts were open to replies some time after i wrote this message.

Edited by ----Legacy----
  • Like 6

2 minutes ago, ----Legacy---- said:

Speaking of this, just checked the last Dev Workshop threads (easy to find through "latest staff replies" forum stream)...

Turns out these are all locked from comments so guess DE indeed ceased "open communication" now that @[DE]Rebecca is at charge.

Bit strange, that. They're just gonna have to merge feedback threads anyways. 🤷‍♀️

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, PublikDomain said:

Bit strange, that. They're just gonna have to merge feedback threads anyways. 🤷‍♀️

Yeah, if only there was some way to gather player feedback in a single place for each of those topics (some of which may get quite hot) in order to have an idea of how will things turn out from players point of view... or even better if they could use the semi-public test build in order to gather feedback from players who actually playtest the changes before these go live...

Guess all of that's in the past and ignoring discussion threads is a much easier approach.

EDIT: I see some player replies, guess they're just filtering feedback or something since the threads shows as "locked for further replies" on my end.

Edited by ----Legacy----
  • Like 2

5 minutes ago, ----Legacy---- said:

Yeah, if only there was some way to gather player feedback in a single place for each of those topics (some of which may get quite hot) in order to have an idea of how will things turn out from players point of view... or even better if they could use the semi-public test build in order to gather feedback from players who actually playtest the changes before these go live...

Guess all of that's in the past and ignoring discussion threads is a much easier approach.

EDIT: I see some player replies, guess they're just filtering feedback or something since the threads shows as "locked for further replies" on my end.

Looks like the threads are open now.

• Like 2

They forgot the true 10 year supporters of warframe and put the supporters accolade behind a pay wall

They forgot loyal fans that can't afford the 90 dollars and refused to make a 25 to 30 dollar pack from the beginning 

They sat there and made so many excuses for this pack so they can continue to squeeze money out of there loyal fans 

If you cant stand this pack and want them to know it and feel it vote with your wallet boycotte all platinum purchases and market purchases and the herloom pack until they decide to rectify there mistakes and give us a affordable pack that everyone can buy and give the 10 year supporters the respect they deserve

• Like 9

3 hours ago, CosoMalvadoNG said:

They said next year gonna be different.

That's as hollow as Dagath's head. People are more receptive to mistakes when they are first-time offenses. A 10 year milestone being handled like a Founders Package won't return any sympathy.

• Like 13

14 minutes ago, Voltage said:

That's as hollow as Dagath's head. People are more receptive to mistakes when they are first-time offenses. A 10 year milestone being handled like a Founders Package won't return any sympathy.

Steve got talking about Soulframe and "developing it with us" and I was dreading hearing him bring up a founders program. I know there's gonna be one eventually but still. FOMO is such a drag. Am I just getting old or something?

• Like 3

11 minutes ago, PublikDomain said:

FOMO is such a drag. Am I just getting old or something?

Idk, but it completely turns me off from live-service games unless the game looks really good, I know it will be populated, and I get in early. Warframe after 8 years is still that only game for me. I won't buy Payday 3, I only play Call of Duty for single-player campaign, I don't play Rainbow Six Siege anymore, Apex Legends, and I have no interest even trying a game like Path of Exile, Lost Ark, Diablo, Destiny 2, or whatever other multiplayer live-service you can think up.

I really like Warframe's combat, and I'm also interested in some of the gameplay in other games I listed, but I just don't see the point in putting in large amounts of time and/or money into these games that treat you like an employee on a leash to stay updated with completionism, collection, loot, and achievements with the game. It's just not in me to play games extremely casually besides Forza Horizon or games that are comically casual by design.

11 minutes ago, PublikDomain said:

Steve got talking about Soulframe and "developing it with us" and I was dreading hearing him bring up a founders program.

The initial gameplay looked extremely slow/boring, but so did Warframe's from 2013. This is the other issue I face where I could be interested a little in a game and then wonder if I need to be in early to enjoy the peak of the game which is years from now. I see that with New World information regarding how they've changed the game. The launch was a disaster and I stayed away, and now seeing the game has gotten some nice updates, I now just don't feel bothered because I already missed out on a bunch.

Yeah, I'm that sucker that bought into Heirlooms because of exclusivity, even if I hate it. I rather stay updated with a game I like and know I like than try and enjoy a game I'm always behind in or that I need to pay for time-limited grind like battle passes. 

Edited by Voltage
  • Like 3