Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

PSA: Heirloom Collection Platinum Changes & Lessons

[DE]Megan

7 minutes ago, (XBOX)LadyWinterstorm said:

Speaking of FOMO seems they've added bonus plat with plat purchase, for console players. This just seems like  another way to pressure people into spending money 

Not really - it's a replacement for the old console coupon (discount on one market purchase) to better align with PC's coupon (discount on plat). The bonus plat makes plat "cheaper" like how PC gets it, though IIRC the ratio is a fair bit off.

• Like 4

56 minutes ago, PublikDomain said:

it's a replacement for the old console coupon (discount on one market purchase

Someone got one today. Apparently both are available. That being said I think these new ones are worse since free to play players can't use them, can't be applied to packs or bundles such as heirloom, and are useless to people who have already got a decent amount of plat

Tbf if PC coupons applied to packs 75% off the heirloom pack sounds nice

• Like 2

1 hour ago, (XBOX)LadyWinterstorm said:

Someone got one today. Apparently both are available. That being said I think these new ones are worse since free to play players can't use them, can't be applied to packs or bundles such as heirloom, and are useless to people who have already got a decent amount of plat

I'm just wondering if this will go on sale. Do all packs go on sale at some point? Would be interesting if that happens and if it will cause an uproar.

Those new discount coupons are currently on an experimental stage, seems like these were enabled only for a few regions. The announcement post makes it look like DE plans to gather feedback to refine these and eventually replace the old system with whatever comes out from this experiment. They also mention that the intent is to make them something more similar to PC discounts, which can't be used by free to play players, can't be applied to packs and are useless to people who already got a decent amount of plat, so i would not be surprised if they kept console coupons in this new state (sadly).

Hell yes, same for prime access packs, it would be too good but guess that's also the reason why these only apply to platinum purchases instead.

• Like 1

Well here we are. Page 100. 100 pages of feedback, over 90 before they had the chance to respond in person on a devstream.

I watched for the tauforged shards (which is yet another can of worms only partially mended) but of course I was hoping for something about this. I wanted to cry-laugh when Reb bemoaned the 'only thing that could have made it a perfect TennoCon is if we didn't have the Heirloom situation go as it did' and do nothing. Seeing the same 'lawsuit' defenses in YT comments when DE brought it on themselves releasing it when and like they did... It just puts a bad taste in my mouth. My experience during the stream was almost word for word PublicDomain's.

Change it.

Not next year.

Now.

If you can see the mistakes we've all pointed out to you and you do actually recognize them, without showing that when it matters we have no reason to believe you're going to change it when it comes up again. I was really hoping hearing it talked about live would be different than the silence of the forum, but the way Reb talked about it, like it was something they wished they could change and man Tennocon would have been so perfect otherwise, while at the same time still not doing anything...

Right now I'm glad I have other games to play. Warframe has been my comfort game for a long time and I see myself continuing to come back for more as the game continues to progress, but honestly this whole thing makes me sad. I'm gonna hold out till the very last minute just because they also have a track record of putting supporter packs on sale before it ends. I'm not sure if they will in this case, but it's a trend, and wouldn't that be funny considering what all the defenders say about why it can't change?

• Like 19

100 PAGES 

100 pages of people wanting change and the davs turning a def ear to them

100 pages of loyal fans wanting to be respected but the developers give them a slap in the face with predatory fomo packs that want to drain there wallets

100 pages of disappointed and angry fans trying to hold out for de to do the right thing but they never do because they sold out there fans for a few dollars 

100 pages 

• Like 10

I was here for page 100. Not much else to add anymore, what else is there to even say? If they wanted to fix it, they would of fixed it already. It doesn't matter how they feel about it, what mattered was whether they fixed it or not.

Edit: They deleted post and this isn't on page 100 anymore.

Edited by wodanclay
  • Like 7

Tennocon 2023 happened to be almost same day as my birthday, I was hyped till I checked the Heirloom prices... 1 month worth of food for something digital we do not even own as per the ToS of DE?? Sorry but I pass. Food is more important for obvius reasons.

As much as I wanted to gift myself something for my birthday and at the same time support the devs in something as special as their 10th anniversary, I just won't for the time being if nothing changes.

If the price were to drop to 20-30$ like others have suggested several times already I might live eating basic sandwiches and water for 1 week or 2, like I've done other times due to different reasons, I'd be more than happy to support them then.

7 years playing already, I keep having fun and at the same time is a therapy for me somehow. So you have my thanks for that at least.

Edited by Somnium_Bellator
Grammar
  • Like 14

23 hours ago, MirageKnight said:

Sadly, I’ve got a pretty good idea.

I’ve been around here on and off for 10 years now and been attacked for asking for arguably fair and reasonable changes that would benefit a majority of players at least.

The white knighting got so bad I left the forums for at least a year.

I've been attacked for suggesting changes that ended up getting implemented into the game.
Like hold to confirm on kuva larvae kills.

And I always get some negative comments every time I bring up how much the game needs auto sprint.

Like just pure minor qol stuff that causes no negative impact to anyone and wouldn't even be difficult to implement. It's ridiculous how aggressively some of these people argue against simple changes that are objectively only positive.

7 hours ago, Somnium_Bellator said:

Tennocon 2023 happened to be almost same day as my birthday, I was hyped till I checked the Heirloom prices... 1 month worth of food for something digital and we do not even own as per the ToS of DE?? Sorry but I pass. Food is more important for obvius reasons.

As much as I wanted to gift myself something for my birthday and at the same time support the devs in something as special as their 10th anniversary, I just won't for the time being if nothing changes.

If the price were to drop to 20-30$ like others have suggested several times already I might live eating basic sandwiches and water for 1 week or 2, like I've done other times due to different reasons, I'd be more than happy to support them then.

7 years playing already, I keep having fun and at the same time is a therapy for me somehow. So you have my thanks for that at least.

The chad move would've been to gift yourself a different game. If I had a good enough computer to run it I'd've been all over Armored Core.

Tho one of the very few things DE's managed to maintain my respect for is how optimized the game is. It still runs like a dream on what was a 500$ computer 8 years ago, while still looking better than even some tripple A titles coming out today.

• Like 4

12 hours ago, Voltage said:

Why is it silly?

Because you, me, everyone really, has already missed something, somewhere at some point in the game.

Founders pack was probably the 1st, heirloom the latest, but there are countless other things that players have missed.
Emblem for being a translator for the game, sigil (or glyph can't remember) for being the warframe wiki admin, 1st place for contests and many many others.

Things that players have never seen before because the ones that do have is reserved to a single individual.

Players don't quit over the heirloom saying they missed out on something, because that's the 50th item they missed, it's not the only thing.

There is no other way, these tidbits represent purchases, achievements ingame, achievements outside the game, an emblem for an event for example means the player was at the event, making it available at anytime makes it lose it's significance.
I do understand what you mean with the ignis wraith, but i never saw any other option, i guess they could add something to the clans that earned the research (like a trophy), but that would be in itself more FOMO and 90% of clans would again not have something the remaining clans had, so you're screwed one way or the other.

Edited by KIREEK

2 hours ago, PollexMessier said:

Tho one of the very few things DE's managed to maintain my respect for is how optimized the game is. It still runs like a dream on what was a 500$ computer 8 years ago, while still looking better than even some tripple A titles coming out today.

Indeed.

About the chad move, I'll keep saving a bit of money still just in case some miracle happens before end of the year. Maybe I'm too naive but a bit of hope does not hurt. Very few new games get my eye these days tho. I grew up with the N64 :P and stopped with the Gamecube. Besides those if my GTX 1650 TI can run it as smooth as Warframe then I might try it if affordable.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Somnium_Bellator said:

Tennocon 2023 happened to be almost same day as my birthday, I was hyped till I checked the Heirloom prices... 1 month worth of food for something digital we do not even own as per the ToS of DE?? Sorry but I pass. Food is more important for obvius reasons.

Happy belated Birthday.     beaF1.gif       tFawf.gif  oOopy.gif

What the, $100.00 a month for food, damn you be cheap to keep. :tongue:

Edited by Slayer-.
typo
  • Like 4

6 hours ago, Dragoon said:

If you can see the mistakes we've all pointed out to you and you do actually recognize them, without showing that when it matters we have no reason to believe you're going to change it when it comes up again. I was really hoping hearing it talked about live would be different than the silence of the forum, but the way Reb talked about it, like it was something they wished they could change and man Tennocon would have been so perfect otherwise, while at the same time still not doing anything...

The thing that bothered me the most about it is it had very extreme "I'm sorry you're upset" energy. But not even having the apology. It was like a step worse than that.

Like when she said "the only thing that could have made it a perfect tennocon is if we didn't have the heirloom situation go as it did" instead of something along the lines of "if we didn't release the heirloom collection the way we did". And "If that hadn't have had the reaction it did" and not "If we hadn't treated the players the way that we did", also the way she skirted around saying they made mistakes with the heirloom packs directly and just implied it.

listening to it again to quote it properly made me feel sick.

• Like 11

12 hours ago, (XBOX)LadyWinterstorm said:

Someone got one today. Apparently both are available.

🤔 Huh, really? Odd.

12 hours ago, (XBOX)LadyWinterstorm said:

That being said I think these new ones are worse since free to play players can't use them, can't be applied to packs or bundles such as heirloom, and are useless to people who have already got a decent amount of plat

Welcome to PC lol.

Anyways, 100 pages huh? Who coulda guessed.

• Like 4

9 hours ago, DogsConkers said:

10 Year Supporter Accolade   10th year supporter badge - Fixed

Not Funny GIF

Ahhh, that's so cute and precious but.... NO

Mixed in with the FOMO Marketing hype of Limited Time Only, DE chose the wording purposely to add to the Drama of the Heirloom Bundle with Marketing 101 tactics to increase their bottom line, all of this under the guise of a "10 Year Anniversary Celebration of Warframe."  I don't think the ripe conditions for predatory marketing could be any more ideal and DE went all in with the Heirloom Pack.  No Rosetta Stone needed to decipher the message DE has given us for what the future of Warframe, *cough Mobile Sales *cough, beholds for us all. 

I don't think Rebecca could have been any more disingenuous and plastic with her Unapologetic Apology for the Heirloom Pack Debacle during the Devstream so I am certain DE has NO plans to "fix" anything because they don't see any problems that need "fixing."  The damage is done and DE has chosen to let the dumpster fire burn instead of addressing the problem with dignity and grace, sorry DE more Plat  IS NOT THE ANSWER to the stinking cesspool that the Heirloom Pack represents. 

DO BETTER NOW, NOT LATER!

(Don't make me create T-Shirts!)

• Like 19

Really thinking about it... what frustrates me the most is how the skins got lumped into the fomo with the 10 year anniversary accolade. I understand why the accolade would be exclusive and available for a limited time.... but the skins? really? how are they any better than deluxe skins? you tell me? They look nice, but not as good as most deluxe skins. They barely even change the physique of the frames like deluxe skins do. They're nothing special. And it makes the egregious pricing all the more sickening in retrospect.

If I end up buying them... I don't even think I'll use these skins enough to justify the price. I have deluxe skins for mag and frost that I personally like more. This is the one thought that is holding me back from caving in. Is just how "not worth it" the heirloom pack really is.

Don't get me wrong, I would love to get the heirloom skins and play around with them in fashion frame.
But their "value" is grossly bloated. Their prestige is in anniversary representation alone. HOW ARE SO MANY FOLKS NOT SEEING THIS?

I'm telling you, if the yearly heirloom packs continue this trend, trying to be "better deluxe skins" when they don't even stand out enough, while still costing more than the other skins in the market. This whole discourse and the split in the community is not going to end. The tension in the warframe community is just not fun right now. I'm tired of this crap.

YES, I DO NOT CARE IF THEY ARE CHEAPER THAN THIS YEAR'S HEIRLOOM BUNDLES. IF THEY COST MORE THAN DELUXE SKINS AND STILL HAVE FOMO. I WILL BE SEVERLY DISAPPOINTED. AND SO SHOULD YOU. ALL OF YOU DESERVE BETTER!
This isn't some "gamer vs developers" rant like the whole Baldur's gate 3 being the new standard debacle. This isn't good for us or DE's future. TRUST ME.
Warframe isn't forever, and if it goes that direction, I fear for it's longevity, the community and what's in store.

Heirloom skins should be treated as what they really are, additional deluxe skin bundles with a halo instead of a weapon skin. If it would have released this way, we would have had the best momentum warframe has had in years, especially after what a blast tennocon 2023 was.

• Like 16

6 minutes ago, Shadedraxe said:

how are they any better than deluxe skins? you tell me? They look nice, but not as good as most deluxe skins. They barely even change the physique of the frames like deluxe skins do. They're nothing special. And it makes the egregious pricing all the more sickening in retrospect.

If I end up buying them... I don't even think I'll use these skins enough to justify the price. I have deluxe skins for mag and frost that I personally like more. This is the one thought that is holding me back from caving in. Is just how "not worth it" the heirloom pack really is.

This is something that resonates with me.  If they'd been better priced (dare I say, available for Pt) I would have bought them on the spot because I love Mag and use Frost often enough to justify a skin for him but the bundles made me think twice and decide to leave it for a bit to think it over.  Since then I've looked closer at the Mag skin and seen how parts of it clip into her in the preview and it might not be a problem once an animation set is applied but it could also be more of a problem, and the game doesn't let me preview it with my chosen animation or colours so it's hard to tell.  Add on the fact that the Mag deluxe skin has had a bugged right hand for years, leading to me no longer using it, and I'm getting less and less enthused about the Heirloom skin.

• Like 2

There is no later once they are gone, they are gone forever. 

Radical changes next time? What next time? These Frost and Mag skins will never return....

So the current response is: If you want it you HAVE to buy the filler and pay for it.... And maybe next years versions for most likely Ember and Rhino may be sold separately.

This is just disappointing 

• Like 13

2 hours ago, (XBOX)LadyWinterstorm said:

There is no later once they are gone, they are gone forever. 

Radical changes next time? What next time? These Frost and Mag skins will never return....

So the current response is: If you want it you HAVE to buy the filler and pay for it.... And maybe next years versions for most likely Ember and Rhino may be sold separately.

This is just disappointing 

They think we're stupid and think saying.  Next time will be better will make us happy but what about the people that can't afford or don't want the filler in the herloom pack with frost and mag this year what about them are you going to forget those loyal fans 

You alredy forgot about your fans that have been with you for 10 years for a few bucks and now your forgetting the rest of them 

• Like 4

I have an idea for the heirloom skins.

you could make it so as more heirloom skins come out if that happens you could tie them in with prime resurgence and have only one the relevant heirloom skins in Baro Ki'Teer's stock since he come's basically once every month, and you could just make the heirloom skins quite expensive in credits & ducat's and maybe even some platinum since long time players generally have an abundance of platinum. And as a bonus it gets rid of the fomo which you have said in the past you wouldn't do again, especially since that and the unneeded addition of royal aya is the main issue people have with the heirloom collection. You could the major collection that people could buy to get the heirloom skins early before they go into the heirloom rotation along with some nice bonuses. If you ever decide to do like an Excalibur heirloom skin you could just have be a small chance it shows up alongside chosen prime resurgence heirloom skin so people don't miss out on that skin while also being able to get Excalibur's heirloom skin.

12 hours ago, mcsquidnugget said:

I have an idea for the heirloom skins.

you could make it so as more heirloom skins come out if that happens you could tie them in with prime resurgence and have only one the relevant heirloom skins in Baro Ki'Teer's stock since he come's basically once every month, and you could just make the heirloom skins quite expensive in credits & ducat's and maybe even some platinum since long time players generally have an abundance of platinum. And as a bonus it gets rid of the fomo which you have said in the past you wouldn't do again, especially since that and the unneeded addition of royal aya is the main issue people have with the heirloom collection. You could the major collection that people could buy to get the heirloom skins early before they go into the heirloom rotation along with some nice bonuses. If you ever decide to do like an Excalibur heirloom skin you could just have be a small chance it shows up alongside chosen prime resurgence heirloom skin so people don't miss out on that skin while also being able to get Excalibur's heirloom skin.

All in all not a good idea a better idea would be for them to just add the herloom skins and cosmetics in to 2 packs to the store for maby 10 15 dollars both being 20 to 30 dollars

(2 packs as in cosmetics and skin for frost in one pack and cosmetics and skin for mag in the other)

(If you want clarification on why it would be a bad idea 1. you'd be feeding into another one of there money grab ideas, 2. You'd be adding platinum to bero which is another can of worms no one wants to open, and 3. You'd be adding random chance to them for a excalibur skin to show up thats not fair to fashion frames or excalibur mains)

(Puting this hear because I can and will) 

If your reading this then listen to my words

Never forget what DE has done hear and how far they will go just to make a few more dollars out of there loyal fans 

Don't forget DE has done this before and will never learn from there mistakes 

Never trust DE because when you start to trust them again they betray you and disrespect you 

Never let them hear the last of there mistakes they should always know what they did wrong and who they hurt 

Never Forget And Never Let Them Forget Eather

Edited by (XBOX)toughdragon17
More clarification and typo fix
  • Like 2