Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

PSA: Heirloom Collection Platinum Changes & Lessons

[DE]Megan

1 hour ago, (XBOX)toughdragon17 said:

(Puting this hear because I can and will) 

If your reading this then listen to my words

Never forget what DE has done hear and how far they will go just to make a few more dollars out of there loyal fans 

Don't forget DE has done this before and will never learn from there mistakes 

Never trust DE because when you start to trust them again they betray you and disrespect you 

Never let them hear the last of there mistakes they should always know what they did wrong and who they hurt 

Never Forget And Never Let Them Forget Eather

*here

On 2023-09-29 at 5:12 PM, (PSN)MYKK678 said:

Still pushing the thread to 100 pages for absolutely no reason huh? 

Just something to consider; over the last 20-30 pages this vulgar thread has tried to rally folks to boycott parts of the game, directly insult/accuse DE staff members of preposterous things, had one absolute idiot describe how they were going to commit Fraud (which was correctly removed apparently), and despite multiple warnings of such, folks feigning surprise that their ultimatum wasn't successful.

DE has now given you 2 official answers to this pack, on the first page of this thread, and a final one in the Devstream. Theres no clearer way of saying "you're not getting what you want" nor that "you've lost" than has already been said.

I've no doubt that those with difficulties managing grudges will continue to push this past 100 pages until someone in DE finally sees sense and locks this, but its time to start asking yourselves; if you can take yourself out of the situation for 5 seconds, look at what was described to have happened above over the last 20-30 pages, and ask yourselves if those are the kinds of folks you'd want to listen to in any situation.

When credibility is Tarnished, so too are any solutions/propositions. You wanted to demand that your one and only solution be implemented, with some even thinking they had the right to dangle the whole "Warframe wouldnt exist without Founders Pack purchases" in DEs face as if you havent had a free MMO for the last 10 years because of it and had that gesture paid back 1000x over. These are nothing but a clear disconnect with reality. So much so that you cant even see why this threads continued existence is exactly why most of the Heirloom Comments were correctly Moderated during the Devstream.

There's no point replying to this as I won't be returning and reading them. It's over. It's time to come back to reality.

And?

Questioning motives and actions behind decisions that can escalate into the further world isn't a bad thing

Or maybe you haven't noticed how the world is going from a single persons decision

"It's over. It's time to come back to reality." It affects the real world more than it should

On 2023-09-30 at 1:16 AM, Voltage said:

The problem is compounded through accumulation. Accolades are extremely rare in Warframe. The skins are extremely different from the style of skins we get lately (no offense Liger). The significance of the skins and the package is meant to support 10 years of good practice and success. The pricing is quite steep. There are many factors that differentiate this pack between older ones, and the compounding effect can make this sting more as an older player than a newer one.

DE is better than this. People weren't expecting the "Pride and Accomplishment" angle.

Why is it silly? When you quit something, there is a defining moment. In a live-service game, it's either one of 3 things:

1. You are not enjoying the game anymore.
  2. You are banned.
  3. The developers make just one decision that pushes you over the edge to removing yourself from the game.

It's really easy to write off someone else's frustration in a position such as yourself. Many Forum goers know that you sit at Mastery Rank 16 and consciously avoiding ownership of most equipment. Your profile screen clearly indicates that incompletion of content is no big deal to you. This extends to how you consider the significance and representation of exclusives with how you handled Ignis Wraith. You made it your mission to shatter what that clan research represented and took upon yourself the role of martyr for the instatement of research for all clans. There was absolutely a better way to add the research to all clans more fairly while still respecting the original addition of the content, just like Primed Chamber, and just like Login Rewards.

Exclusives and FOMO are bad for any game. That much is pretty simple to observe. It alienates players between have and have-nots, and ruins the vibe behind games that specifically depend on their loot systems (like Warframe or Destiny 2). Every player here is negatively affected by what Heirloom packs stand for. You can disagree all you want or say the classic "but it's already been this way for a while", but you can't hide that it affects you too. It hollows out one of the core pillars behind Warframe from a progressional standpoint. It hollows out the nature of FashionFrame if such a percentage of good-looking gear is more exclusive than available. This has negatively affected how Vaulted Primes are earned. This has negatively affected the way we play new content (Archon Shards, The Circuit, scheduled content, etc.). It's now made it's way into hollowing out the achievement of your age as a player. The only significant badge at this point is the Founders one, and at some point that will be shattered as well when the game is on its last breath. They gave this much away when 2019 led into severely negative reception. They pumped Primed Chamber into Baro's offerings and Operation: Scarlet Spear raining with Arcane Energize to revitalize engagement with a game that just made several questionable updates in chained succession.

This thread blows up because it marked a significant milestone, just not the one DE was thinking, but with the way players feel treated.

Now compare this to real life issues and it will fit that jigsaw piece perfectly 87% of the time

On 2023-09-29 at 12:12 PM, (PSN)MYKK678 said:

There's no point replying to this as I won't be returning and reading them. It's over. It's time to come back to reality.

You mean the way you've been "done" and "not coming back" like, 5 times now already? Lol.

I dunno about you, but at this point if this is how DE is going to treat it's playerbase and supporters and their wallets, I feel all of my former support (prime accessories packs, platinum, supporter packs) turning into rancid buyer's remorse.

I'm going to spend the same amount of energy I spent supporting the game and talking it up, on telling people "DE isn't the same any more, it's WORSE". They can learn that you can't un-poison a well. So yeah, me and others will continue "pointlessly" padding out threads like this, and posts elsewhere, so that potential new Warframe players know exactly what they're signing up for, if they do: FOMO, exclusivity, and money milking.

• Like 10

On 2023-10-01 at 12:44 AM, (XBOX)sinamanthediva said:

Ahhh, that's so cute and precious but.... NO

I was just suggesting a more accurate description of this so called 'accolade.'

A '10 year supporter' sounds amazing and implies you've supported something for 10 whole years but with these packs it only shows you were around in year 10 so this 'accolade' only proves you were around in the 10th year. Then there's the use of the word 'accolade' itself which suggests you actually received an award to acknowledge this amazing achievement when really you just bought it yourself like some dodgy college degree. So you see I'm on your side here.

'Heirloom' is another example of misleading wording as it's something you are normally handed down for free not something you have to buy but I digress.

• Like 3

We reached page 100 of talking about this topic and it's really sad to see the "unapologetic apology" from Reb during the dev stream. 

We voiced our opinions very clearly and they decided to ignore all the direct feedback and toss spare change plat to compensate for their terrible idea of a "10 year support special".

It's very disappointing to see DE sees the dumpster fire and chose to ignore, all because of greed. I say greed because if they truly cared about customer satisfaction over making some extra cash, they would've done something about it.  Probably, the ultimate decision does come from shareholders, but we wont know what talks they had behind closed doors. All we know is that our voice got stumped on.

Last thing i'll say, is that whenever i see someone showing off their 10 year support badge, i'll see it as a badge of shame. For fueling this kind of  greedy business model that many other game companies keep joining on. Adding FOMO, raising cosmetic prices on top of it... It's unfair to be actively toxic to the players, but judge them I will. At the very least, it was interesting to see the entire community give their feedback and share their opinion here. Thank you all

• Like 11

I'm glad that this Thread is still alive. It gives me so much hope that there are still people out here fighting for what's right in the gaming landscape. 

When Reb mentioned the Heirloom thing in the Dev Stream, my initial reaction was "Oh, I'm glad they at least addressed it." But then I realized that no, they aren't doing ANYTHING to fix this. I genuinely feel so disrespected. I do have the Heirloom symbol thingy in my profile now, cause as I mentioned before, I am weak to predatory practices and I do address it in my therapy (I'm proud that I didn't get the skins tho). 

I'm genuinely so disgusted. All the respect I had for DE, gone. I often talk with my brother about the current state of the gaming industry and I often told him "Try Warframe. Digital Extremes are ethical developers you can wholeheartedly support." And recently, after the Overwatch debacle, he did. He started playing the game. He had a blast. He bought the Wisp Prime Access and Accessoires and was planning to play it with me for years to come. He had underestimated how much fun the game would be and he loves the stories about for example the kubrow slot thing. And then came the Tennocon. 

I'm so sad. He loved the trailers and everything. It's just his style of game. And then the Heirloom Collection came and he hasn't touched the game since...

You lost a good player who has a good paying job and would have been a great (ethical) whale for the years to come. But he got so disgusted by all this and left. Fomo is disgusting. Fomo is sick and predatory. I never would have expected DE of all companies, to be THIS greedy. 

I'm sad. I feel disrespected as a long-time player. I lost hope in Rebecca and the devs. 

PS. My Brother is the type of person that buys Baldurs Gate 3 just to support the devs, even tho he will never play it, because he's absolutely not interested in the game. It's just not his cup of tea. 

This is the kind of player DE was able to turn off with this...

On 2023-10-02 at 2:43 PM, Gabriel-Fi said:

Last thing i'll say, is that whenever i see someone showing off their 10 year support badge, i'll see it as a badge of shame. For fueling this kind of  greedy business model that many other game companies keep joining on. Adding FOMO, raising cosmetic prices on top of it... It's unfair to be actively toxic to the players, but judge them I will. At the very least, it was interesting to see the entire community give their feedback and share their opinion here. Thank you all

Yes, please do judge. I bought the cheap pack (I'm weak to predatory practices and I do have therapy). I regret it SO MUCH. But I'm glad that I at least didn't get the skins. 

People should be judged for this. I should be judged for this. Everyone who supports this is actively helping ruining the game we love. Judge them. Be friendly to them. But judge them. They/We deserve it. 

Edited by (PSN)Humblemud
  • Like 21

7 minutes ago, (PSN)Humblemud said:

Yes, please do judge. I bought the cheap pack (I'm weak to predatory practices and I do have therapy). I regret it SO MUCH. But I'm glad that I at least didn't get the skins. 

People should be judged for this. I should be judged for this. Everyone who supports this is actively helping ruining the game we love. Judge them. Be friendly to them. But judge them. They/We deserve it. 

Atleast you honest and you sead you did wrong and at least your not like the guy I last played with before stopping warframe untill the next major update 

The guy literally bragged about being superior (for falling to fomo and buying the 90 dollar pack) calling the rest of the team poor for not having the skins and cosmetics as well as the accolade 

After 2 minutes of him just bragging and calling us poor we all left the group and let him bask in the loneliness 

• Like 4

37 minutes ago, (PSN)Humblemud said:

PS. My Brother is the type of person that buys Baldurs Gate 3 just to support the devs, even tho he will never play it, because he's absolutely not interested in the game. It's just not his cup of tea. 

Thats more of a waste. Paying $70 for nothing? At least with the Heirloom pack you're getting plat, Aya, skins and other things you can use.

• Like 2

vor 7 Stunden schrieb (XBOX)Shodian:

Thats more of a waste. Paying $70 for nothing? At least with the Heirloom pack you're getting plat, Aya, skins and other things you can use.

It's not "nothing". See it like a Donation. He wanted to support developers that deserve it. That is something.

Meanwhile DE isn't worth supporting with the predatory fomo stuff. So he left.

• Like 9

4 hours ago, (PSN)Humblemud said:

It's not "nothing". See it like a Donation. He wanted to support developers that deserve it. That is something.

Meanwhile DE isn't worth supporting with the predatory fomo stuff. So he left.

We're talking about value. He donated $70 and received nothing in return. When the Heirloom pack would at least give him something.

• Like 2

vor 38 Minuten schrieb (XBOX)Shodian:

We're talking about value. He donated $70 and received nothing in return. When the Heirloom pack would at least give him something.

I'm not talking about value, however. Maybe you are, but I don't care about the value of the Heirloom Collection what so ever, when the main issue most of us have with the heirloom collection is the predatory fomo stuff.

They can add 5k plat to the heirloom collection. Still doesn't change the fact that it's fomo.

• Like 8

7 minutes ago, (PSN)Humblemud said:

I'm not talking about value, however

You did whenever you brought up what your brother did with his money. 

9 minutes ago, (PSN)Humblemud said:

when the main issue most of us have with the heirloom collection is the predatory fomo stuff.

I see a lot of people complaining about the value. And it's only fomo if you make it fomo.

• Like 3

vor 18 Minuten schrieb (XBOX)Shodian:

You did whenever you brought up what your brother did with his money. 

I see a lot of people complaining about the value. And it's only fomo if you make it fomo.

I honestly have not the energy to keep replying to this. You just read what you want to read. The Baldurs Gate thing was merely an example of where his ethics lie. You are the one caring about the value.

Nope. Still predatory fomo stuff. 

• Like 10

2 hours ago, (XBOX)Shodian said:

Ethics yes, but his money managing skills have a lot to be desired. 

If people with money want to provide monetary support to companies whose business practices they are appreciative of, that's their prerogative. Some people DON'T like chasing the maximum amount of money they can make all the time, there's nothing wrong with them "investing" in good companies instead of other "actual investments".

• Like 7

4 hours ago, (XBOX)Shodian said:

He spent $70 and got a whole friggin' GAME he can download and play anytime he wants. You're seriously arguing a couple of skins (for even more money) are better value than that?

No wonder the games industry gets away with so much bullS#&$ these days.

• Like 13

So, are we getting any words or updates on possibly refunding all this and starting again on a safer footing? It's not as if it's impossible, it's just actually having to do some work.

Anyway, I'd actually be interested to see the final accounting on this, including the way the hit to community trust will impact prime pack sales, every player I've talked to about them always painted them as an obvious high price being a reward for DE for playing nice and, well, I'm actually really curious to see how this ends up from a revenue standpoint.

• Like 4