Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

PSA: Heirloom Collection Platinum Changes & Lessons

[DE]Megan

I don't quite get what everyone's issue with the packs is. Is it because it's a limited time thing? If it was available for more than 4 months would everyone be happy? Because at least the Zenith heirloom pack has a lot of value in it, ~$140 worth of platinum and aya. Or is it just the fact the cost is inflated with plat, and people would be happy if they could just buy the skins.

I personally don't have an issue with the packs. Sure the skins look cool, but I don't really care too much for either of the frames and the other stuff is pretty much worthless to me.

Now if they made an Equinox Heirloom skin..

Anthony Adams Rubbing Hands Meme Generator - Imgflip

Edited by Mazifet
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, Mazifet said:

I don't quite get what everyone's issue with the packs is. Is it because it's a limited time thing? If it was available for more than 4 months would everyone be happy? Because at least the Zenith heirloom pack has a lot of value in it, ~$140 worth of platinum and aya. Or is it just the fact the cost is inflated with plat, and people would be happy if they could just buy the skins.

I personally don't have an issue with the packs. Sure the skins look cool, but I don't really care too much for either of the frames and the other stuff is pretty much worthless to me.

Now if they made an Equinox Heirloom skin..

Anthony Adams Rubbing Hands Meme Generator - Imgflip

If you want a summary, yes. That's some of it. Imagine they make an Equinox Heirloom skin it sounds like you might be interested in. Oh, sorry, that was released a year before you started playing and you just missed it. Come back? No, silly! That'd be unfair to the people who already bought it. You shouldn't have been late/shouldn't have been too poor. Doesn't that just sound wonderful?

Edit: And if these packs today don't bother you, just remember: one day it'll be you whose favorite frame's newest skin is behind an exclusive FOMO paywall.

Edited by PublikDomain
  • Like 20

4 hours ago, Mazifet said:

Basically this but here's some more bits:

4 more months? No. People don't want them to never come back, it's honestly a shame and I feel it's an actual waste of such amazing work to never have it obtainable ever again (I say this as someone with excalibur prime who would be okay with them giving it to everybody had they not committed to not rereleasing it too). 

Part of the problem is the inflated value with things we could buy when we want them and that the unique items themselves aren't reasonably accessible. 

And the worst problem of them all in my opinion, the amount of regal aya in the pack is a predatory trap that results in you needing to buy 6 or 7 more regal aya in order to use an extra 4 regal aya to get the best value out of the regal aya from the pack. The only way to avoid devaluing your purchase in this regard is to buy the biggest (And most incentivized) bundle for 10 regal aya, with 6 regal aya you need 4 more and can only buy 3 or 7, requiring purchase of an extra 2-4 regal aya you don't need for that purchase to be completed.

Edited by NecroPed
  • Like 9

Well I kind of wish they would be more affordable. Its not that I want more plat so it could be worth the value. I just dont wanna pay close to a hundred bucks for me only wanting the skins. Would be great if I could buy the skins alone for idk 20 bucks each maybe. I prefer the plat and aya being removed and sold the bundle for 60 with all other stuff the pack comes with. Equivalent to prime accessories I suppose. This is still gonna be a pass for me unfortunately, even tho I really do want that Mag skin and floating tiara thing.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, PublikDomain said:

Edit: And if these packs today don't bother you, just remember: one day it'll be you whose favorite frame's newest skin is behind an exclusive FOMO paywall.

You know what just occurred to me?

I feel terrible for whoever the Artist was who made these skins as the work they've done is being laughed at because of such terrible scummy tactics, they are getting paid (or have been) sure but if I made the skins and it was sold like this, I'd be distraught about it and likely never work with them again.  I've also heard that during the Devstream Steve and such were against the pack? but I can't recall where I heard this from. (I think from another player but entirely sure, might just be a rumour).

But it does prove one thing to me and it's kinda funny.

• Like 7

7 hours ago, Circle_of_Psi said:

You know what just occurred to me?

I feel terrible for whoever the Artist was who made these skins as the work they've done is being laughed at because of such terrible scummy tactics, they are getting paid (or have been) sure but if I made the skins and it was sold like this, I'd be distraught about it and likely never work with them again.  I've also heard that during the Devstream Steve and such were against the pack? but I can't recall where I heard this from. (I think from another player but entirely sure, might just be a rumour).

But it does prove one thing to me and it's kinda funny.

The artist was Mynki, the former art director who designed most of the early warframes and enemies.  Him coming back to do two special 10th anniversary skins for frames he originally designed was part of the selling point.  I suspect it fell a bit flat though as he left DE about 6 years ago so only crusty old vets like me would get the significance.  This then ties in to the problem of the packs being padded out by Regal Aya for people who don't have Frost Prime and Mag Prime.  Is this pack aimed at new players who need those Primes, or old players who remember Mynki being on devstreams and likely farmed those Primes long ago?  To a lesser extent also the problem of it being padded out with Platinum, if the target is people who've been around a long time and, if they're like me, have platinum available and would've been willing to spend it on some special skins had that had been an option.

I didn't get the impression Steve was against the packs from my watching of the devstream.  There was some confusion between him and Rebecca when he tried to move on to talking about the upcoming gameplay trailers that had her think he was saying he could see this reaction coming and she (probably half jokingly) replied "Well why didn't you tell me?" but he was trying to move the conversation on.  I've seen some people criticise that, but I think he knew Rebecca had said all that was going to be said at the time and just wanted to get to talking about something they enjoyed from the day.  As much as I dislike the decisions they've made here and still hope it can change, I don't think either of them had ill intentions and Rebecca did sound genuinely remorseful to me, so I can understand the attempt to move the conversation on during the Devstream.  However, that doesn't mean the conversation can't continue here (as long as it remains constructive) in the hope of actual, meaningful change that would make these packs the celebration they were supposed to be and not something that's going to give a bad feeling every time up pops up on the market display for the rest of the year.

• Like 4

14 minutes ago, Circle_of_Psi said:

Then you just might be a saint, cuz it surely didn't feel the same way for everyone else, if that was the case, this pack would been fixed day 1

I heard emotion in her voice.  I don't know the complexity behind the scenes that lead to them not doing more.  I wish they would do more.  I wish they'd be open about why exactly they can't if they can't.  I don't think the statement at the start of this thread is enough.  None of that makes me think she wasn't emotional about how poorly this release has landed with us.

• Like 7

8 hours ago, Circle_of_Psi said:

Then you just might be a saint, cuz it surely didn't feel the same way for everyone else, if that was the case, this pack would been fixed day 1

I personally felt like you could read the regret on their faces, and I know people feel upset that more wasn't said or done, but at the end of the day the devstream is for so much more than just a pack, they can't dedicate a whole stream to it, they do have to get on with things so they did need to move the topic forward, they do have to prioritize certain things, they do have to stop the chat from degrading into a mess that stops them from doing what they do with devstreams (Like answer questions about the content they're showing off, which would be hard if comments are being pushed down by spam about the packs). I really don't think they had ill intentions here, even with one of the [in my opinion] worse problems with the predatory regal aya trap, I still believe they had good intentions there in providing people enough regal aya to buy both the warframes that the skins are for, just that they didn't think far enough ahead with that. And that's what I think this comes down to, mostly just them not thinking far enough ahead. Sure maybe tencent or DE staff had a role in pushing the pack in a particular direction or something, but I do really think that a lot of people are too harsh on individuals like Rebecca or treating DE like they've evil rather than speaking in a more broad sense or understanding that people do in fact make mistakes or not think things through far enough rather than just trying to rort us. At the end of the day we don't even know who or how many people had a role in the packs. 

And I'm not sure it could have been fixed day 1 even if they had the perfect fix in mind, game dev is not as simple as having an idea and it being implemented immediately, let alone just because people want something done doesn't necessarily mean it can be done, for example for technical reasons (like managing the inventory and accounts through other companies like steam) .or even potentially legal reasons (Like having to commit to founders packs not coming back otherwise it could be considered false advertisement)

Edited by NecroPed
  • Like 4

7 hours ago, NecroPed said:

I personally felt like you could read the regret on their face (I snipped the rest)

15 hours ago, Katinka said:

I heard emotion in her voice. (I snipped the rest)

That's really noble of you, it really is but you are both forgetting one thing.

PR:  PR is short for "public relations" and refers to the strategic communication from an organization to the public to maintain or cultivate public image and/or respond to public discourse and that's all it is, no emotion, no retreat, nothing.

15 hours ago, Katinka said:

I don't know the complexity behind the scenes that lead to them not doing more.  I wish they would do more.  I wish they'd be open about why exactly they can't if they can't.

I can tell you exactly why and you don't have to read a wall of text either. Short and Sweet: Money.

Many people in this forum post have said countless times that this is the best quote I can find without digging too much into this thread to find a good one. (Sorry for the ping Gab!)

On 2023-10-02 at 2:43 PM, Gabriel-Fi said:

All because of greed. I say greed because if they truly cared about customer satisfaction over making some extra cash, they would've done something about it.

This will answer your question.

Edited by Circle_of_Psi
  • Like 15

6 hours ago, Circle_of_Psi said:

I can tell you exactly why and you don't have to read a wall of text either. Short and Sweet: Money.

They could easily make a 4th pack with only the cosmetics and skins and none of the filler at a more affordable price (and don't let people tell you they can't do to legal issues because after reading the EULA it clearly states they can change any and all platinum and digital goods and there content). But instead of doing that they betrayed there loyal fans and comunity and there trust for a few extra bucks 

So thats why anyone that is disappointed and dissatisfied with how de has been handling the situation of the herloom pack and there predatory monetization of the packs should boycotte any and all platinum and marketplace purchases untill they are willing to truly hear what we half to say....   we want a 4th pack without the filler and only the skins and cosmetics at an affordable price  not next time but now since the people that like frost and mag will miss out next time if there even is a next time 

And please don't vote for them at the Golden joystick awards they do not deserve your vote for how bad they have treated there comunity and loyal fans lately treating them as Money bags and nothing else

• Like 10

1 hour ago, (XBOX)toughdragon17 said:

And please don't vote for them at the Golden joystick awards they do not deserve your vote for how bad they have treated there comunity and loyal fans lately treating them as Money bags and nothing else

There are a ton of very strong games on that thing that players even outside of Warframe will likely vote for, so you don't have to worry, but we'll see at the end. But I voted for other games, in case you wondered.

• Like 5

7 hours ago, (XBOX)toughdragon17 said:

They could easily make a 4th pack with only the cosmetics and skins and none of the filler at a more affordable price (and don't let people tell you they can't do to legal issues because after reading the EULA it clearly states they can change any and all platinum and digital goods and there content). But instead of doing that they betrayed there loyal fans and comunity and there trust for a few extra bucks 

Their ToS doesn't actually override laws though, so what they have in the ToS isn't absolute. If they released it under specific advertisements that say it's not coming back, releasing it again could mean they falsely advertised it. The ToS is irrelevant in that regard.

1 hour ago, NecroPed said:

Their ToS doesn't actually override laws though, so what they have in the ToS isn't absolute. If they released it under specific advertisements that say it's not coming back, releasing it again could mean they falsely advertised it. The ToS is irrelevant in that regard.

The most they'll half to do is give a refund to the person who is sueing them because of the EULA they can make the argument that the person signed it and they have the right to change there minds and producets it most likely won't go any further than a refund 

• Like 2

5 hours ago, (XBOX)toughdragon17 said:

The most they'll half to do is give a refund to the person who is sueing them because of the EULA they can make the argument that the person signed it and they have the right to change there minds and producets it most likely won't go any further than a refund 

Seems they care more about that than their players, I mean what about new players who come into the game, I've had a few times where a Player has asked "What warframe is this" due to they barely recognize the skin how do you think they'll feel when they realize it's a skin that costs $100 or more? They'll be asking what Skin it is and either complain they can't get it (or hopefully) say this: "lol $100 for a skin, is this what WF is"

I just realized that, even with the pack gone, it'll still be around cuz few players have it and new players will learn about how bad it is.

• Like 4

On 2023-10-05 at 4:43 PM, Circle_of_Psi said:

Or they do it to provoke a reaction, it's called Baiting. (Or gaslighting, depending on how you take it).

Report and move on Stafelund, you'll only hurt yourself by trying to fight such and it's pointless.

Eh, just words on the screen, and I'm in the mood. Otherwise I would just ignore their posts, and I don't think reporting them would do anything with what they're posting. I noticed their passive aggressive posts lately and I decided to howitzer it at that time though, because I'm bored. Appreciate the suggestion though.

8 hours ago, NecroPed said:

If they release a new variant of the product, I don't think that would take off in lawsuits. we don't have precedence of this yet, which is the most important thing of all in cases like this because WF is not the first company who does this and I could maybe say that phone companies who release variants of their products don't get sued for having better specs that people would want more than the predecessor; which got bought first because they were released first.

With regards to false advertising, people would probably need to gather up and make a class-action lawsuit because this will cause money. But in the end, it's DE's fault and they could either just provide a refund, or if it's possible settle it through mediation (may not be available in US, but it's a thing here in my country and other places like Japan) so DE would give what those players would want if it's possible. More headache to organize, but probably less money loss and stress on their end compared to having to go through each platforms' policies for issuing refunds.

Edited by Stafelund
  • Like 1

On 2023-10-08 at 1:42 PM, ConDucktorWhirl said:

Except that it's still out so giving us a 4th pack wouldn't be "releasing it again". The argument of "they'd get sued if they released a 4th pack" is beyond stupid and should honestly have never been thought of.

It was released as content available now for a limited time, only available in the heriloom packs, with only the packs that are currently available, that its never coming back and is only released in this time period though, and people have already bought it under those advertisements, people could argue that any changes to the packs, including different packs with the same goods, means that they falsely advertised it and baited people into buying something they otherwise wouldn't have because they thought it was never coming back, couldn't be obtained in a different pack, etc.. I'm not a lawyer or anything I'm just trying to keep an open mind because I know its not as simple as people make it out to be. I honestly think its beyond stupid how people treat these things like they can just wave a magic wand and make things happen in an instant all the time, it is not that simple. 

They're not only advertising it as never coming back either, it was just one example. They've advertised it as this being the only chance you're going to get for the new customizations, the cosmetics only being from these packs, not being individually available and only being available for a limited time. Breaking away from these advertisements could be bad for them. Especially the longer people have to buy them in the current state. 

And I'm not necessarily saying "they'd get sued if they release a 4th pack" I'm just trying to point out that just because people want something doesn't necessarily mean it can or will happen. It is not beyond stupid to realize that they have to follow laws that go beyond their ToS, its beyond stupid to assume they can do what we want just because we want it. 

On 2023-10-08 at 9:38 AM, Stafelund said:

If they release a new variant of the product, I don't think that would take off in lawsuits. we don't have precedence of this yet, which is the most important thing of all in cases like this because WF is not the first company who does this and I could maybe say that phone companies who release variants of their products don't get sued for having better specs that people would want more than the predecessor; which got bought first because they were released first.

With regards to false advertising, people would probably need to gather up and make a class-action lawsuit because this will cause money. But in the end, it's DE's fault and they could either just provide a refund, or if it's possible settle it through mediation (may not be available in US, but it's a thing here in my country and other places like Japan) so DE would give what those players would want if it's possible. More headache to organize, but probably less money loss and stress on their end compared to having to go through each platforms' policies for issuing refunds.

I'm not sure, I'm not a lawyer, just trying to keep an open mind. I'm not saying there's necessarily grounds for lawsuits or that theres absolutrly nothing that can be done or anything, I'm not trying to push for lawsuits or anything either, I just know its not always as simple as "we want it so we can get it" but a lot of people treat it this way without knowing the inner workings of how it all works.  

And computer companies don't tend to advertise it as these specs only being available in this time period from these specific laptops and that its not going to be available in other laptops. Thats honestly not a good comparison. They could get sued if they released a laptop that contained tech they said was never going to be released in any other future laptops but then released it in future laptops. 

What I do know is the packs have been advertised as the only way to get these new cosmetics, for a limited time, never coming back etc. and that business, especially game dev, is not as simple as we want it so we get it. 

And I'm not saying they necessarily shouldn't do any more, because if they can make changes or bring a new pack that doesn't bring them legal troubles then I 100% support them doing so, i just dont think its as simple as wanting something and implementing it, for a number of reasons. 

On 2023-10-08 at 2:37 AM, (XBOX)toughdragon17 said:

Maybe, I'm not a lawyer or anything so I can't really speak definitively. But, I'm not sure its even that simple. Giving refunds for digital goods like this isn't necessarily simple on its own let alone the extra layers from this pack. 

No, signing a ToS doesn't override laws. If laws are actually broken the ToS doesn't necessarily.mean anything. Consenting to something thats against the law, like fraud, doesnt automatically make it okay for example. 

4 hours ago, NecroPed said:

No, signing a ToS doesn't override laws. If laws are actually broken the ToS doesn't necessarily.mean anything. Consenting to something thats against the law, like fraud, doesnt automatically make it okay for example. 

Dosent make them immune to the law but the EULA dos give them a more lean in there favor when someone is sueing them

Dosent make it right but it the most likely scenario that would happen 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, (XBOX)toughdragon17 said:

Dosent make them immune to the law but the EULA dos give them a more lean in there favor when someone is sueing them

That won't stop certain people, remember laws don't apply to every country. 

But to be fair, I wish anyone good luck if they tired lol

Edited by Circle_of_Psi

19 hours ago, NecroPed said:

What I do know is the packs have been advertised as the only way to get these new cosmetics, for a limited time, never coming back etc. and that business, especially game dev, is not as simple as we want it so we get it.

As someone who is a Founder, what I know is that 'limited time, never coming back' stuff has caused a decade of problems for those who purchased it and DE should really have known better than to repeat that problem.  This post is an example of the fact that being a Founder is something I need to be aware of whenever I post as it's clearly marked on my profile for anyone who cares to look so I need to qualify everything I say with that considered.  DE's approach here has just added a new group of 'haves' whose accounts will be marked by the 'ten year accolade' that will inevitably be resented by some of those who 'have not' in the future.  I love this game and hope it will carry on for years but because of that hope I find myself wondering what will new players 5 years from now think?  When in 5 years from now they see a player with a ten year accolade on their profile and realise that that person has skins that are no longer available will they react the same way some have done to Founders when realising they can't get Excalibur Prime?  I don't play Excalibur and I don't often play public so it's mostly forum reactions rather than in game that I've seen personally but my main is Mag so I would expect more responses in game if I started using the Mag Heirloom skin.  Even if I do end up buying that skin, I'm now wondering if I should use it in public games or not because it might be easier just to switch appearance when I'm going public, and I really doubt that was the intention DE had for these skins, that they be used in private games only like some dirty secret people don't dare let other players know they have.

• Like 12

45 minutes ago, Katinka said:

As someone who is a Founder, what I know is that 'limited time, never coming back' stuff has caused a decade of problems for those who purchased it and DE should really have known better than to repeat that problem.  This post is an example of the fact that being a Founder is something I need to be aware of whenever I post as it's clearly marked on my profile for anyone who cares to look so I need to qualify everything I say with that considered.  DE's approach here has just added a new group of 'haves' whose accounts will be marked by the 'ten year accolade' that will inevitably be resented by some of those who 'have not' in the future.  I love this game and hope it will carry on for years but because of that hope I find myself wondering what will new players 5 years from now think?  When in 5 years from now they see a player with a ten year accolade on their profile and realise that that person has skins that are no longer available will they react the same way some have done to Founders when realising they can't get Excalibur Prime?  I don't play Excalibur and I don't often play public so it's mostly forum reactions rather than in game that I've seen personally but my main is Mag so I would expect more responses in game if I started using the Mag Heirloom skin.  Even if I do end up buying that skin, I'm now wondering if I should use it in public games or not because it might be easier just to switch appearance when I'm going public, and I really doubt that was the intention DE had for these skins, that they be used in private games only like some dirty secret people don't dare let other players know they have.

Oh I agree, I'm disappointed as a founder as well (in case anyone asks my forum badge is just bugged and doesn't show, I'm not falsely claiming to be founder). I think there's even more problems with this than with founders too (like the predatory regal aya trap for example). So it really feels like a step back and I am genuinely disappointed it's reached this point. I really don't like the state of these packs and what can follow, it's why I haven't bought it yet even though I want the pack (I'm waiting until the very end to buy it, just don't want to support it while I still have a chance to speak out against it and push for change, even if some of the change isn't possible), I'm just not sure something can be done for everything that we feel needs to be addressed so feel the need to reinforce the idea that solving this isn't necessarily simple for a combination of reasons. 

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, Katinka said:

It's not just about the fact that they have the skins and others don't. It's that by having them, they supported and encouraged DE to continue making predatory fomo decisions. That is, in a lot of players eyes, far more inexcusable than simply having something that's no longer available. Most of the time I see stuff like this I blame the devs for making it limited time to begin with, not the player that has it. Especially when it's something that was earnable like event stuff. But people see players that bought these packs as having directly influenced the game down a path that makes their experience worse, by telling DE they will make money off these sorts of decisions. Every time DE makes a fomo decision or inflates the price of something with worthless junk after this, a huge chunk of the backlash will be directed towards players that bought this pack. Because in some small part, it is their fault. The only options DE has to mitigate this are to revoke the timed exclusivity of these skins, which they've clearly made the decision to not do at this point. Or NEVER do timed exclusivity again, even with their usual supporter packs, which I have a strong feeling is also not going to happen.

I don't feel this way about founders, because founders are the reason we have the game at all, and the stuff from it is no longer all that relevant, even the extra mastery. But DE's not in a financial hole right now which they've made very clear, and skins will always be relevant. This pack didn't need to exist in the way that it did to keep the game alive like the founders pack did, and it will never stop being a thing people are upset about. This was pure greed and everyone that bought into it supported that. This is 1000x worse than founders.

Edited by PollexMessier
  • Like 6

On 2023-10-04 at 6:56 AM, FireOox314 said:

What makes it "screwing over the people who've already bought it" ?

Because adding additional bundle with only the skins somehow makes the already existing bundle less valuable ? Then it means that the value of the bundle is bad.

People who bought these bundle knew fully well what they were buying they judged that the skin, accolade and premium currency were worth paying for not taking into account that some of these sales were made before the adjusted plat/regal changes, if the limited exclusivity is what makes the value of the bundle then you are admitting that there is a problem, that the initial bundle was not a good deal, the community as a whole should not pay for the mistakes of a few.

Beside if I'm not mistaken the promise of timed exclusivity applies to the bundle as a whole, nothing prevent DE from selling the skins later if they feels like it

Well you see this person MirageKnight doesn't seem to understand the difference between Preventing the problem versus Avoiding the problem

Preventing a problem would either not allow it to happen or stop it as soon as possible

Avoiding a problem would either be keeping distance from the problem or actively not doing anything with or against it

We already have too many avoidant people, What we need are more problem preventers or we will always find problems ("8 years or bugs" "Regal aya price controversy" "Sentinel Vacuum")

On 2023-10-04 at 5:38 AM, MirageKnight said:

No actually they wouldn’t be screwing them over.

Those people got exactly what they wanted and paid for…and then DE added extra plat to everyone else’s major disappointment.

also you might be wondering about this

We don't abandon Hostages, Kidnapped people and Victims of Various torture just because its too late to stop the first few

We Save Them from the suffering and pain, don't blame me when society forces money to be an extension of a humans being thus their pain and suffering in tow

Edited by (XBOX)Mastermitchel89

On 2023-10-08 at 7:47 PM, NecroPed said:

It was released as content available now for a limited time, only available in the heriloom packs, with only the packs that are currently available, that its never coming back and is only released in this time period though, and people have already bought it under those advertisements, people could argue that any changes to the packs, including different packs with the same goods, means that they falsely advertised it and baited people into buying something they otherwise wouldn't have because they thought it was never coming back, couldn't be obtained in a different pack, etc..

Compare that to the earliest Prime Access packs. The cosmetics included were available for a limited time, only available to those packs, with only the packs that were available, and were marketed as "exclusive" with no expectation that they'd ever return, and people bought them under those advertisements.

EXCLUSIVE SYANDANA AND PRIME AVATARS
Sport the latest in Warframe fashion with the Exclusive Misa Syandana Prime while also showing your devotion to all things Prime with the Ember Prime Avatars (in-game and on the Forums).

https://www.warframe.com/news/prime-access-packs-0

LAST CHANCE FOR PC PRIME EXCLUSIVES
If you've had your eye on the Ember Prime version of Prime Access for PC, don't delay! The Flare, Blaze and Inferno Packs will be retired as of Tuesday, February 25 at 12 PM EST.

https://www.warframe.com/news/last-chance-pc-prime-exclusives

And yet DE introduced the Prime Vault that brought back these once "exclusive" cosmetics. Has anything bad happened from that? No.

• Like 10