Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

PSA: Heirloom Collection Platinum Changes & Lessons

[DE]Megan

2 minutes ago, CrypticMonarch said:

I’m not defending the outrageous amount they put on this bundle. But it is difficult for a studio to listen to ever one.

What’s to say they won’t change the pricing? They might not, they might but u can’t just assume the worst. That’s all I’m saying 

When it comes to Tencent, always assume the worst.

• Like 6

Just now, CrypticMonarch said:

They might not, they might but u can’t just assume the worst.

You know what would have been assuming the worse before this?

That they would bring back a bad monetisation practice that they had decried and were called out on by a big YouTuber that made them change their ways.

If I said, or implied, that DE would bring back forced bundles with prices inflated with filler objects, I would have been assuming the worse.

But lo and behold. They did just that.

Which again begs the question, if they're willing to do this. What's to say that they won't do it again or again.

• Like 5

53 minutes ago, CrypticMonarch said:

How else do you expect them to make money then? They already let you trade the in game currency meaning technically, you can make insane fashion frames without spending a dime. From any other free to play game, Warfame has done the most to show they are not at all greedy and they think about the players.

They are already making money; what I'm sick of is every damn company nickel and diming us while hiding behind the umbrella of 'Free to Play'.
While you can trade platinum in-game, that platinum still has to be bought by someone. And the market is so saturated in game, it's almost impossible to sell anything these days anyway. And the fact that the game has been designed from the ground up with 12, 24 and 72 hour wait times on crafting things shows that, actually, they don't think about the players. Microtransactions have been layered throughout this game and it keeps getting worse.

• Like 5

Just now, bedainey said:

Please be reminded that you're not part of their studio. You DO NOT have empathize with a company that knows, or should know what they're doing.

Of course not but I enjoy their games and updates. I am merely just trying to say that while their current monetizations aren’t good, they still make enjoyable updates that I want to play in the future. So we should tell them our opinions and see how they react.

Just now, ShogunNoir said:

They are already making money; what I'm sick of is every damn company nickel and diming us while hiding behind the umbrella of 'Free to Play'.
While you can trade platinum in-game, that platinum still has to be bought by someone. And the market is so saturated in game, it's almost impossible to sell anything these days anyway. And the fact that the game has been designed from the ground up with 12, 24 and 72 hour wait times on crafting things shows that, actually, they don't think about the players. Microtransactions have been layered throughout this game and it keeps getting worse.

Just wait then! They offer that if you WANT to speed it up. No one is forcing you to. Some people like that option others don’t

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Sylonus said:

I can't speak for everyone, but I personally am worried that if this is successful, there will be more "limited time" offers, specifically, non-cosmetic limited time things again, such as Excal Prime/Lato Prime/Skana Prime. And I never want things like that again. This feels like they could be testing the waters, and that's the last thing I want.

I agree, nobody wants to see EXP or stats become paywalled.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, CrypticMonarch said:

Be honest with me, what would have happened if they didn’t even release this pack? No one would ever scream at them for not releasing a 10 year skin line. You don’t have to buy this skin bundle. You can easily get skins like these from Tennogen for a lot cheaper. But similar to Excalibur Prime and the Founders pack, it is priced high and exclusive because it is meant as supporter money for their future updates. It is not suppose to be some regular skin bundle that you spend a little money on. It is a 10 year founder pack. 

"What would have happened if you hadn't been offered to be spat in the face for 5 dollars?"

Then obviously it should have been assumed that their labor and money was being put into everything else we saw at Tennocon. These skins objectively could have been released like normal deluxe skins, or even double priced ones, for platinum. The bundles could have excluded regal aya, or at least had one bonus bundle that only had the cosmetics at a reasonable price.

What kind of white knight question is this? The founders pack saved DE from bankruptcy and failure, and made the game into what it is today. They wouldn't be hosting an expensive convention with extraordinarily generous cash prize giveaways, or be sponsored by so many other companies, if they didn't think DE was a financially successful, thriving company. Tencent/Leyou wouldn't have purchased DE if DE wasn't a moneymaking machine. 

And let's say they weren't making money recently. Like I said recently elsewhere, they could regretfully announce that they have to keep up with inflation in NA and globally, so we would see yearly 1-5% cost increases for platinum and prime access and regal aya. That'd be respectable and fair! What's not fair is forcing us to buy regal aya we don't need just to buy skins we do want!

• Like 8

1 minute ago, CrypticMonarch said:

Of course not but I enjoy their games and updates. I am merely just trying to say that while their current monetizations aren’t good, they still make enjoyable updates that I want to play in the future. So we should tell them our opinions and see how they react.

If you enjoy their game you are welcome to hold them to consumer friendly standards that don't continuously alienate people willing to support them from doing so. That makes sense right?

• Like 5

Just now, Ageless_Emperion said:

If you enjoy their game you are welcome to hold them to consumer friendly standards that don't continuously alienate people willing to support them from doing so. That makes sense right?

I am saying that the skins are overpriced of course. But they can make it too cheap you know what I mean.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, CrypticMonarch said:

I am merely just trying to say that while their current monetizations aren’t good, they still make enjoyable updates that I want to play in the future.

Again, how do those two correlate? 

4 minutes ago, CrypticMonarch said:

they still make enjoyable updates that I want to play in the future.

And how is that relevant to the "screwed" bundle discussion exactly?

• Like 4

Just now, bedainey said:

Again, how do those two correlate? 

And how is that relevant to the "screwed" bundle discussion exactly?

To fund these updates they do need money right? I’m saying that they need to monetize AT A REASONABLE amount in order to fund these updates. We can agree on that right?

• Like 2

Just now, (XBOX)Shodian said:

I don't think it's predatory because it's just some skins and cosmetics. Nothing game altering or power weilding.

Would object to Kubrow Fur Slot Machine returning.

It may be gambling, but it is still just a skin and cosmetics, nothing game altering.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, CrypticMonarch said:

To fund these updates they do need money right? I’m saying that they need to monetize AT A REASONABLE amount in order to fund these updates. We can agree on that right?

We can agree that there exists a long standing precedent for pricing monetization in the game for every type of item, including deluxe skin bundles and prime access packs. 

This was a gross overreach when taking all of those things into account especially on something like a 10 year anniversary and all the community wants is for DE to offer fairly monetized and consumer friendly options for them. 

The people WANT to give DE money at a time when DE should be celebrating the players that have kept them in business for a decade. Think about that.

• Like 8

4 minutes ago, CrypticMonarch said:

To fund these updates they do need money right? I’m saying that they need to monetize AT A REASONABLE amount in order to fund these updates

I can agree on that. However, this just shows that as long as the end justifies the means, it's valid to you. At the end of the day, you're still defending them for this mistake.

• Like 4

Just now, Ageless_Emperion said:

We can agree that there exists a long standing precedent for pricing monetization in the game for every type of item, including deluxe skin bundles and prime access packs. 

This was a gross overreach when taking all of those things into account especially on something like a 10 year anniversary and all the community wants is for DE to offer fairly monetized and consumer friendly options for them. 

The people WANT to give DE money at a time when DE should be celebrating the players that have kept them in business for a decade. Think about that.

Yep. I usually don't have a problem with throwing money at them. But this? I can't justify this.

• Like 3

Well of course they can’t really make money if skins were a dollar. It’s really up to the consumer at that point how much they would spend 

Are you THAT out of touch? A whole game is $60-70, but a skin for a dollar is too cheap? Are you serious right now?

• Like 2

Just now, bedainey said:

I can agree on that. However, this just shows that as long as the end justifies the means, it's valid to you. At the end of the day, you're still defending them for this mistake.

They made a mistake and I’m not defending it, but we should at the very least give them the chance if they release heirloom 2.0 or somethin. If they continue this trend then I 100% agree it’s gone too far. 

• Like 1

They made a mistake and I’m not defending it, but we should at the very least give them the chance if they release heirloom 2.0 or somethin. If they continue this trend then I 100% agree it’s gone too far. 

They need to fix it now. Not later.

• Like 8

22 hours ago, [DE]Megan said:

Heirloom Collections are intended to be unforgettable (for the right reasons) - we are also discussing ways we can better preserve that feeling of legacy, quality, and prestige for future Heirloom Collections (if we make more).

Time limitation would make it forgettable though, otherwise unforgettable due to its bad circumstance. 

Please pass the message to whoever runs the money making scheme at DE that we are done with warframe deluxe skins being time exclusive since 2015, and vibe check them with the fact that not only they regressed by reintroducing time limited sale tactic with this pack its also real money paywalled. Also before forcing more Regal Aya in paid bundles, make them worth something first. Otherwise they're always a bitter price bloat to people who already supported warframe and actually completed prime access releases, by that point they're only inventory slot worth. 

• Like 6