Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

PSA: Heirloom Collection Platinum Changes & Lessons

[DE]Megan

I very seldom post for the simple fact usually I am unable to post in a  timely fashion due to work or things needing done at home.  Also usually everything I want to say has already been said  several times by others so I just prefer to hit the like button which can hold as much weight as another post . With that being said my main concern is the timing and price and bundling of junk in the packages. The FOMO is just flat out predatory and comparing the Heirloom collection to founders packs is not a good analogy. The founders packs ( even though I joined right after they went poof) was more in line with a crowdfunding on a start up. With the reward of having the prime packs being exclusive to those that were able to invest with the understanding that the game could fail ( fair enough) as with any investment. The Heirloom collections are not investments in something that may not survive, FOMO should not have even been a thought for a celebratory package.

My main concern is no options for just skins and halos, don't really care if it is with real money or plat, just make them fair. Leave the original packs there if somebody wants them that's fine there are a lot of new players that could use what is bundled in with them. The whole accolade thing really burns my biscuits, when those of us that have been buying merch, plat, donating to DE's causes and just willing to keep playing the game and helping new players to better enjoy what the Warframe universe has to offer be considered sub-par when some new player hops on buys the pack and vanishes before they even grind out 100 hours. Really, 10 year supporter,,,, think about that.

There have been several Tenno in the forums that have given some great advice and they should be listened to. DE you may be hearing what the community is saying but you are not listening, there is a huge difference between the two. I am getting ready to turn 56 soon and have spent more time in the online gaming world than I should have, Doom, Quake and its kin, AA, MOHAA and its kin, COD franchise, as well and been a part of anti-cheat communities as well. I have seen great games come and go, usually they went poof due exactly what is being tried here. DON'T do this. Warframe has a great past and legacy, has a great and promising future. Personally I will continue to play as well as buy merch, plat, and bundles as long as they are fair and are not artificially bloated.

Edited by 000MrWolf000
  • Like 6

9 minutes ago, DariusDarkest said:

well said with one caveat. The weapon slots forma is purchasable with plat, an in game currency that you gain not by spending money but by trading. Which is an important thing about this game. Earning plat for free is a great thing. 

But putting a bundle together that's clearly inflated and sticking a founders title on it. Ya people who want to support do not want to support that. And I want to add it spits in the face of people who support in other ways besides monetarily. Not a good look after a convention celebrating 10 years of players being there during the bad times. 

I think this is a fair point. Although I stand by how annoying it is to be nickel and dimed for plat - I do see the point that these should be purchasable with Platinum. This opens a whole other discussion about whether or not that would generate the cash infusion they need to pay the bills(I assume it would) or if there’s so much plat in circulation they run the risk of not turning a profit(doubtful) - but still, interesting. 

2 minutes ago, Cerikus said:

Damn this thread is still going on?

I was gone for several hours, what did I miss?

Bungie bought DE and added paid DLC. Everything else is the same though. 

• Like 3

I guess it's better than no fixes at all, but DE, if you're gonna continue with the heirloom skins, please take two changes into account;

1. the Price. if we aren't getting an actual warframe, just a cosmetic, people aren't gonna be willing to shell out that much, even when Platinum or Aya is included. I know your artists have to get paid and all, but I'm sure if you had the bundle at $30, you'd have probably made even more money as that would be within the acceptable price range of a lot more people; once you get past $60 you're almost exclusively hitting whales and nothing else: it's clear more people would've been willing to buy the skins, even before the changes, were they just priced a bit more reasonably.

2. STOP with the FOMO. it might have worked in the past but nowadays people are starting to catch on to the typical FOMO tactics, I've seen this happen in other games as well like Destiny 2; the skins should be permanently available, not only does that make it easier for more players to buy the skins, it's can also be seen as more respectful to the artists, since their work can be permanently admired, instead of simply Vanishing from the marketplace where everyone can see it. I know if I were the one who pured out my heart and soul to make an awesome cosmetic, I'd want people to know about it, can't do that when exclusivity runs it's course.

it'd also be nice if all cosmetics were available both individually AND as bundles, but that's probably going to be stretch. for now, I'm just glad you responded in some measure to the backlash. if you really want to thank us, PLEASE DON'T DO THIS AGAIN!

• Like 6

Wow, lol... that's crazy!

I didn't expect it would all go downhill so quickly.

It was a downhill slide the moment DE decided to make this thread with a tone-deaf response. The ensuing chaos was inevitable.

Edited by Lionsheart89
  • Like 10

6 minutes ago, Lionsheart89 said:

It was a downhill slide the moment DE decided to make this thread with a tone-deaf response. The ensuing chaos was inevitable.

Now listen, I didn't come here to listen to those opinions. So keep them.

I came here only to hear, if I should pull up my wallet to buy Warframe, I've heard that Activision-Blizzard is buying it, so I am sure there will be monthly subscription.

• Like 2

Now listen, I didn't come here to listen to those opinions. So keep them.

I came here only to hear, if I should pull up my wallet to buy Warframe, I've heard that Activision-Blizzard is buying it, so I am sure there will be monthly subscription.

I heard Tesla was buying Warframe...

Edited by Lionsheart89
  • Like 2

Just now, Lionsheart89 said:

I heard Tesla was buying Warframe.

No, for the love of God, please no. Next thing Warframe gets renamed to X-frame, which is not too far from X-men, what will happen next???

Also does Tesla aquiring Warframe mean the game will run only on electricity? I personally think that combustion engines are more efficient as well as more ecological.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Cerikus said:

No, for the love of God, please no. Next thing Warframe gets renamed to X-frame, which is not too far from X-men, what will happen next???

Also does Tesla aquiring Warframe mean the game will run only on electricity? I personally think that combustion engines are more efficient as well as more ecological.

It'll be the first time an MMO will be run...from SPACE. They'll just launch the servers up into orbit like they did with that car.

Edited by Lionsheart89
  • Like 1

44 minutes ago, (XBOX)TheWayOfWisdom said:

"FOMO isn't diagnosed as a disorder/condition." Okay? Does that make what it's being used to describe here less real? Why is so much value being attached to it being a disorder?

Like what's your point? Semantics?

People are expressing that they feel pressured to buy the package because it will be unavailable within a short time frame. They have a fear of missing out on it.
Are you saying that they aren't experiencing that? Or that the limited time nature of the package isn't an attempt to induce that feeling or manipulate it?

Easy, because half of the arguments in here against FOMO keep comparing it to, or describing exactly as, a Mental Health Disorder. I may as well tell you that FlubFlub causes increased levels of Fear in people and that would be as "real" as everyone is attempting to, and utterly failing to, make FOMO to be.

For clarity, FOMO is real, it's just not as devastating and uncontrollable as everyone has tried to make it out to be. FOMO is real, the version being portrayed in here is just all kinds of hilarious.

"People are expressing that they feel pressured to buy the package because it will be unavailable within a short time frame"

This is your first big lie during our conversation. Don't make a habit out of it. Do you honestly see every post saying that? Or are there actually posts of people who have all separately somehow seen the future and "what Warframe will become if we don't stop it here, now"?

Where are these posts you speak of? Where's the forum member saying they'll have to buy this now or else they'll regret it in 122 days when it's gone? Where's the poor victim who is completely and utterly trapped by FOMO and posted their sad story about having to choose between this or anything of actual value? Or does all of that not exist and this is just one big mob mentality-fueled "we want it one specific way or else we'll keep screaming" tantrum?

• Like 1

On 8/30/2023 at 1:08 PM, [DE]Megan said:

Greetings, Tenno!

We’re back in action after TennoCon 2023 - and our number one priority is addressing the community’s reaction to the Heirloom Collection.

We missed the mark here and understand the feedback we're receiving because of it. After taking some time to review and evaluate our options based on the concerns, we have opted to increase the Platinum amounts in all Heirloom Packs. 

The Feedback we can address for the current Heirloom Collection:

“The value of the Packs does not justify the price point.”

Our Change to Address:

We are increasing Platinum to all Heirloom Packs to bring them alongside Prime Access standards:

• Increase Platinum in Risen Pack: 400 to 800
  • Add Platinum in Celestial Pack: 800
  • Increase Platinum in Zenith Pack: 600 to 2100

*The Platinum will be delivered via in-game Inbox to accounts that have already purchased the respective Packs. We are coordinating our efforts now to arrange the Inbox send, and Hotfix required. We will signal when the Inbox has been delivered on all Platforms.

**8/31/23 Status Update:

We're running the Inbox script on each Platform now that the Hotfix has been deployed. We'll update here when the script has finished for all!

The script is complete!! All accounts that have purchased a Heirloom Pack have received the appropriate amount of Platinum via in-game Inbox.

Similar to how Regal Aya bundles launched with no Platinum and were met with strong feedback, we agree Heirloom Packs need more value to justify their status.  

This decision was made to address the feedback and maintain the expectations we had set for players upon the release of the Heirlooms (time exclusivity and Pack contents). In doing so, we are able to increase the value of pack contents in a way that does not remove any value for Tenno who have bought them. We do not feel it would be fair to those who purchased an Heirloom Collection already with the understanding that they were time-limited to now remove that element. Those who have purchased simply get more, and ultimately they are now a good Platinum deal with exclusive Cosmetics.

Heirloom Collections are intended to be unforgettable (for the right reasons) - we are also discussing ways we can better preserve that feeling of legacy, quality, and prestige for future Heirloom Collections (if we make more).

We truly appreciate your feedback and concerns and recognize the responsibility we have in ensuring that any new directions we take with cosmetic exclusives are done with much more careful consideration. The Heirlooms were designed with the celebratory nature of this year's TennoCon and 10-year anniversary, and it's on us to ensure that you, as a player, feel that we are upholding years of lessons learned when it comes to selling cosmetic exclusives. If we continue with this series, we are dedicated to ensuring all future Heirloom Collection releases have more purchase flexibility and reflect all feedback we received during this launch.

Thank you, Tenno!

no still unreasonable. rather than add microstransaction LOWER the price of the pack to a REASONABLE  price. 80$ to get what terms of service calls has no money values and fer all we know well be stolen in future update like mk weapons / flawd mods ? thats exactly the same as spending 80$ on 1 basic straw to drink 1 cup of water 1x and then it gets dispose of. de has learned nothing at all. 

• Like 2

On 2023-09-01 at 1:02 AM, (PSN)MYKK678 said:

"People are expressing that they feel pressured to buy the package because it will be unavailable within a short time frame"

If a person has so little self-control they impulsively buy a time limited pack because of "so called" FOMO, good.

I am always happy, when someone makes money out of not smart people.

There, I said it. It's a based take and I don't mind getting roasted for it.

Do your worst.

EDIT: Since it is not obvious I want to explain that this was suppose to be ironic joke. I am sorry, if it was not obvious. I though using phrases like "it's based" and "roast me" would easily hint that it's a satire, but obviously I misjudged my ability to be funny. If you want to criticise me for doing unfunny joke, be my guest, but understand that I am against predatory tactics.

Edited by Cerikus
EDIT
  • Like 2

32 minutes ago, (PSN)robotwars7 said:

I guess it's better than no fixes at all, but DE, if you're gonna continue with the heirloom skins, please take two changes into account;

1. the Price. if we aren't getting an actual warframe, just a cosmetic, people aren't gonna be willing to shell out that much, even when Platinum or Aya is included. I know your artists have to get paid and all, but I'm sure if you had the bundle at $30, you'd have probably made even more money as that would be within the acceptable price range of a lot more people; once you get past $60 you're almost exclusively hitting whales and nothing else: it's clear more people would've been willing to buy the skins, even before the changes, were they just priced a bit more reasonably.

2. STOP with the FOMO. it might have worked in the past but nowadays people are starting to catch on to the typical FOMO tactics, I've seen this happen in other games as well like Destiny 2; the skins should be permanently available, not only does that make it easier for more players to buy the skins, it's can also be seen as more respectful to the artists, since their work can be permanently admired, instead of simply Vanishing from the marketplace where everyone can see it. I know if I were the one who pured out my heart and soul to make an awesome cosmetic, I'd want people to know about it, can't do that when exclusivity runs it's course.

it'd also be nice if all cosmetics were available both individually AND as bundles, but that's probably going to be stretch. for now, I'm just glad you responded in some measure to the backlash. if you really want to thank us, PLEASE DON'T DO THIS AGAIN!

yes

If a person has so little self-control they impulsively buy a time limited pack because of "so called" FOMO, good.

I am always happy, when someone makes money out of not smart people.

There, I said it. It's a based take and I don't mind getting roasted for it.

Do your worst.

You quoted the wrong person. I was quoting that from someone else's reply. Can't say I agree with your sentiment but it's not something that needs to be a concern considering FOMO's situation.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, (PSN)MYKK678 said:

You quoted the wrong person. I was quoting that from someone else's reply. Can't say I agree with your sentiment but it's not something that needs to be a concern considering FOMO's situation.

Nah, I didn't, I just used the sentence as a segue to drop my based opinion.

Btw, I mostly agree with your posts, even though you are wasting your time. It's better to be based like me.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, (PSN)MYKK678 said:

I may as well tell you that FlubFlub causes increased levels of Fear in people and that would be as "real" as everyone is attempting to, and utterly failing to, make FOMO to be.

Okay, describe what Flubflub is and there could be agreement that it causes increased levels of Fear in people. So again, are you denying that people aren't feeling pressured to buy the package because it will be unavailable within a short time frame?

2 minutes ago, (PSN)MYKK678 said:

This is your first big lie during our conversation. Don't make a habit out of it. Do you honestly see every post saying that?

Did I claim every person did? I did not. Don't put words in my mouth. Don't make a habit out of it.

4 minutes ago, (PSN)MYKK678 said:

Where are these posts you speak of? Where's the forum member saying they'll have to buy this now or else they'll regret it in 122 days when it's gone? Where's the poor victim who is completely and utterly trapped by FOMO and posted their sad story about having to choose between this or anything of actual value? Or does all of that not exist and this is just one big mob mentality-fueled "we want it one specific way or else we'll keep screaming" tantrum?

Why must there be a severe reaction to feeling pressured? Are all the posts here expressing some variation of not liking the FOMO not enough? how about the thread in GD? Do you need to start vomiting as well to feel pressured? This extremist language is ridiculous.

• Like 5

I don't understand how people hate this package deal. If you don't like it don't buy it. If you add this to the current rotation of stuff (resurgence, etc), it will decrease the value (Yes, I bought it day two).  People were complaining like this for Excal Prime. I was upset that I didn't get a higher level of founder back in the day, but it is what it is. 

• Like 1

Just now, neuroticweasel said:

I don't understand how people hate this package deal. If you don't like it don't buy it. If you add this to the current rotation of stuff (resurgence, etc), it will decrease the value (Yes, I bought it day two).  People were complaining like this for Excal Prime. I was upset that I didn't get a higher level of founder back in the day, but it is what it is. 

You are forgetting that Warframe playerbase is full of emotionally unstable individuals. :/

1 minute ago, ConDucktorWhirl said:

There's now 50 pages on this thread for you to read and learn why people are upset.

It is the same argument that I have read before for founders. The last 49 pages are filled with personal attacks, hate, and disdain for something people don't need to buy to play the game.

8 minutes ago, Cerikus said:

You are forgetting that Warframe playerbase is full of emotionally unstable individuals. :/

Emotional stability includes cognizance of behavior that enables long-term negative consequences for you as an individual.

2 minutes ago, neuroticweasel said:

It is the same argument that I have read before for founders. The last 49 pages are filled with personal attacks, hate, and disdain for something people don't need to buy to play the game.

In a game that promotes accessibility as a core pillar of its community relationship for 10 years, it's pretty easy to tell why Founders items and now this rub people the wrong way. Atleast with Founders, there was always the "this is the exception that we must honor out of respect for what these players have afforded us to enjoy today and beyond". Here though, plenty of players get the impression that Digital Extremes has not learned anything from their Founders program or several similar incidents in relation to this bundle. Players would be more receptive at large to these issues if they were first-time problems. When mistakes are repeated, it irritates many, and rightfully so.

The other core pillar of Warframe is customization, especially for your Warframes. Cosmetics do affect the gameplay experience of a player, as a gaming experience is driven more visually than statistically. This package also raises several questions and concerns that could further alter the gameplay experience in a negative manner.

Portions of the bundle also undermine the importance of this milestone and how this game has even managed to make it this far. This further adds insult to injury.

• Like 20

3 minutes ago, Voltage said:

Emotional stability includes cognizance of behavior that enables long-term negative consequences for you as an individual.

https://www.youtube.com/shorts/skz9odeewpc (lotta words I don't understand)
You know I like you (usually). but I didn't return to this thread to learn new english vocabulary,

Edited by Cerikus