Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

PSA: Heirloom Collection Platinum Changes & Lessons

[DE]Megan

27 minutes ago, Cerikus said:

I'd urge people to read some interviews or listen to some podcasts where CMs explain how their job works. She literally isn't allowed to say anything until it's been cleared by managment and legal. That's just how it is. I am sure she would love to hop in and tell us whatever, but she LITERALLY can't.

That's 100% true, i'm so enraged by this situation but we CAN'T attack Megan it's not her fault and there's nothing she can do except getting out voice to DE overlords

• Like 8

42 minutes ago, Cerikus said:

I'd urge people to read some interviews or listen to some podcasts where CMs explain how their job works. She literally isn't allowed to say anything until it's been cleared by managment and legal. That's just how it is. I am sure she would love to hop in and tell us whatever, but she LITERALLY can't.

Management and Legal and PR need to be more on top of things then, completely separate from Megan. They (DE as a whole) shouldn't hardly ever end up in a situation where a S#&$ show is ongoing for a week and then stewing in frustration for an additional weekend without at least *acknowledging* the concerns and indicating that it's being looked into.

If Megan ISN'T taking a day off, afaik it should be her TOP priority to at least have a placeholder acknowledgement to last us over the weekend, wrestled from legal and management however possible.

Edited by Grav_Starstrider
Additional thoughts
  • Like 2

52 minutes ago, Cerikus said:

Then you are completely misguided. If you really think Meg can just hop on to the forum and tell us what she thinks and just decide what's going to happen next without the management even discusses the situation, you should really look into how companies are being run. Especially videogame companies.

Yeah, I don't blame her. However, she's the one we apparently need to get the attention of, so here we are. It's definitely not as simple as some would think either way.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Xkorpitron said:

Retailers get a % from their sales, you missed my point there.

i can believe world population would be egotistical given the chance for survival, in fact you have that happening right now, im not telling people how to spend their money right, so people can choose how to spend their money, but remember, buying this bundle just shows you're okay with practices like this, at the end of the day, dont tell me you regret it after all these years of eating crap, that you made bad decisions with your money, supporting an evil corporation, and you have seen the light.

Weird how that works huh? One choice has zero consequences whatsoever (incorrect, but apparently), while the other is the ultimate evil and should be avoided at all costs (also incorrect).

I'll say it again considering you must have missed it the first time. This isn't some "Movement". Neither you nor anyone in here have done anything to be remembered for. None of this even registers as a blip in this games 10yr history, other than vying for the top spot of "all time outlandish nonsense".

You're not some poor consumer trying to "fight the system" lol, and don't worry this isn't entirely aimed at you, as there are equally delusional folks in this thread too. In 10yrs a pack like this has shown up what, twice? Founders and This. So you all want everyone to think you's have spotted a trend from 2 packs in 520 weeks? Not how trends work. Oh you're protecting people more vulnerable to FOMO than yourselves? The level of Ego behind that thought process is astounding. And you all want everyone to believe this is the beginning of something bad lol? 50+ pages and zero proof.

Believe it or not I don't actually enjoy insulting folks, but eventually you have to call a spade a spade. This is insane. Its mob mentality at its absolute worst. A self-perpetuating delusion compounded both by a grandiose view of yourselves compared to others and by the absolute paralysing fear of not wanting to be wrong, because apparently after around 2010 or so, somehow the rules changed and it became a crime to be wrong judging by the way people act.

You's can continue to believe your concerns aren't being addressed and are being ignored, or you's can come back to reality and realise they were never real to begin with. I'll never look down on anyone for getting caught up in Mob Mentality, it's a weird consequence of human nature and our need for connection. But to be told what's going on and still deciding to actively continue it? I genuinely, hand-on-heart don't mind those folks leaving the game over this farce.

It's been fun and all but I think I've had as much of this as I can stomach. None of this will get through of course, the fear already has its grip. But at the very least I wanted to leave behind the truth before I join the thousands of others who are already done with this. Have a good one anyway.

Don't be angry at DE. Yeah they messed up, but you need to remember that most likely Tencent is behind all of this. Remind DE that they messed up but let you anger at Tencent.

Don't pick shots on Meg. She's just bridge between players and company. She can't decide on a lot of stuff. Remember we're angry at Tencent not her.

And lastly let's no jump to each other throats. We have different opinions about this but fighting over it won't change the fact that Tencent is trying to put their greedy hands on our wallets. Instead let's stand together and show those greedy bastard the biggest middle finger they deserve.

Edited by Kaziroh

1 hour ago, (XBOX)toughdragon17 said:

If your going to do the packs like you did with this one dont bother we don't want your greedy packs and your fomo tactics  greedy DEcent

We did want a pack with only the cosmetics thats not inflated by plat and aya but you guys are so greedy that you didn't listen to your fans and instead added more plat  WHEN THATS NOT WHAT WE WANTED 

You just see your fans as walking wallets you can squeeze dry with greedy tactics as this one and the previous aya debacle (which you apparently didn't learn from or care about)

Greedy DEcent Megan  

Let's not blame Megan for this, seems like she's only the messenger. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Kaziroh said:

Don't be angry at DE. Yeah they messed up, but you need to remember that most likely Tencent is behind all of this. Remind DE that they messed up but let you anger at Tencent.

Aight, how do we know It's Tencent fault and not DE? Not only is it not the first time DE #*!%ed up like this, but the previous times were before Tencent as well. And lets not forget a somewhat recent precedent of Bungie becoming actually MORE greedy after they left Activision-Blizzard than they were before.

• Like 5

2 hours ago, Thunderlord_Zinogre said:

Did you seriously just compare willingly spending frivolously and getting yelled at to genocide?

Why are you ancap weirdoes like this, you are NOT ABOVE INSULT.

People can go too far, but you took an action that has consequences, you dont get to decide what people are allowed to have opinions about because you already have one.

And you, with your wishes only scummy people think about have the same right as others do. He can compare your opinion to anything he likes cause that is his opinion, just like yours. He crossed the line just like your stupid ideas of hateful mindset. That really shows your personality based on your posts. Let's keep this as friendly as possible and not start a riot against people who indeed bought the pack just because you don't want to buy it. You cant tell them what to do with their money, cause it's not your money they are spending. 

The people who play this game make it hard for me to rationalize whether or not its deserved. My God.

I hate comparing people's work critically, but Warframe players literally have to be completely clueless to say the S#&$ they say. Like you'd just have to take rose-tinted goggles off when looking at the way SE, Blizzard or almost any other popular MMO handles controversy to see how generous the monetization of WF is to players. How good they have it with the team they have when they've made relatively few mistakes and decisions that weren't well received compared to the accusations of greed directed at a CM.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Lionsheart89 said:

Yep. This isn't her fault. She just had the unfortunate displeasure of having to give us this response. Hopefully she knew what to expect though. 

It's not the devs who decide these deals, it's the higher ups and the mother company who bought DE. The devs can only do damage control tbh

7 minutes ago, (XBOX)toughdragon17 said:

She's the comunitys voice in the DE company you half to blame her a bit for some of this situation

-me and my boss talk-

-say "i think it would be good if customer got free things. they said they want things for free because theyve been around a while"

-boss says "no"

-i walk outisde to inform the customer they wont be getting anything for free no matter how much time theyve spent using my store

-he spits on me and tells me i didnt do my job of being 'his voice' properly

I think you might want to like, punch a pillow or say "serenity now" a couple times or something to keep it together

Edited by Commander
  • Like 2

22 minutes ago, (PSN)MYKK678 said:

Weird how that works huh? One choice has zero consequences whatsoever (incorrect, but apparently), while the other is the ultimate evil and should be avoided at all costs (also incorrect).

I'll say it again considering you must have missed it the first time. This isn't some "Movement". Neither you nor anyone in here have done anything to be remembered for. None of this even registers as a blip in this games 10yr history, other than vying for the top spot of "all time outlandish nonsense".

You're not some poor consumer trying to "fight the system" lol, and don't worry this isn't entirely aimed at you, as there are equally delusional folks in this thread too. In 10yrs a pack like this has shown up what, twice? Founders and This. So you all want everyone to think you's have spotted a trend from 2 packs in 520 weeks? Not how trends work. Oh you're protecting people more vulnerable to FOMO than yourselves? The level of Ego behind that thought process is astounding. And you all want everyone to believe this is the beginning of something bad lol? 50+ pages and zero proof.

Believe it or not I don't actually enjoy insulting folks, but eventually you have to call a spade a spade. This is insane. Its mob mentality at its absolute worst. A self-perpetuating delusion compounded both by a grandiose view of yourselves compared to others and by the absolute paralysing fear of not wanting to be wrong, because apparently after around 2010 or so, somehow the rules changed and it became a crime to be wrong judging by the way people act.

You's can continue to believe your concerns aren't being addressed and are being ignored, or you's can come back to reality and realise they were never real to begin with. I'll never look down on anyone for getting caught up in Mob Mentality, it's a weird consequence of human nature and our need for connection. But to be told what's going on and still deciding to actively continue it? I genuinely, hand-on-heart don't mind those folks leaving the game over this farce.

It's been fun and all but I think I've had as much of this as I can stomach. None of this will get through of course, the fear already has its grip. But at the very least I wanted to leave behind the truth before I join the thousands of others who are already done with this. Have a good one anyway.

Im not protecting anyone from FOMO, it's just how it is, you wanna tell the people FOMO aint a problem? be my guest, i think some people here would qualify as an issue, me personally i dont give a #*!% if anyone has a FOMO, but let's not delude ourselves by ignoring the obvious...

the mob mentality you call, is just people upset at the fact there's only 1 bundle and no choice in it, people just want the skins, im one of them, so yeah it's a crap bundle overall.

i have no concerns related to this game, you know why...because i can quit this game/take a break, and go play something else, like i said, i wont lose sleep over some "duel" with someone online who thinks this is okay or whatever, it is what it is. If you want to defend it, be my guest, you want to attack it, be my guest, it's all the same to me, but let's not fool ourselves what their real purpose is, to make money out of the new players mostly.

• Like 4

1 minute ago, (XBOX)toughdragon17 said:

And yet no replies or communication to our concerns and complaints about these packs 

I really really hope that they are at least internally talking with business teams to address our concerns since the last update and come up with a different, cheaper bundle.

I give them till the end of next week for an update.

1 hour ago, (XBOX)toughdragon17 said:

Yes she doesn't call the shots but she is the connection between us and DE and yet she's sead nothing 

Even if she's taking a break she should still address somthing she dosent half to do somthing major just address this situation of what's going on at DE and the packs

so if you're on vacation, would you like your boss to pester you about work? seems unfair to me.

5 hours ago, Haleks said:

56 pages later, close to 1500 posts of outrage, and still no proper solution to this debacle.

Despicable.

It's unlikely we will get a proper solution unless this issue begins to actually cause a serious drop in their concurrent user numbers. Don't know about anyone else but I haven't had any interest in even logging on since this started.

• Like 6