The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

PSA: Heirloom Collection Platinum Changes & Lessons

[DE]Megan

Quick question, why the hell is the value of a skin bundle predicated on the platinum included with it? Why not just release the skins for cheaper and not include the platinum? If people want platinum they can just buy that separately???

Your solution doesn't address the core problem in the slightest. Please do better.

• Like 21

So I'm being punished for being a loyal customer for 10 years because I own all the Prime access content already and I can't spend Regal Aya on anything? What am I supposed to do with it if I already own all the cosmetics? Maybe you can make Regal Aya a decoration item so I can make a pile in my orbiter and set it on fire because that's about all the good it will do me.

• Like 20

11 hours ago, Cerikus said:

Ok. You crossed the line.

People are insulting each other left and right in this thread, but ONLY because they have different opinions and that's fine.
What you are implying is that people with a badge should be shamed. That is too much.

Certain people were marked with badges in 1941, because there was this whole group (I won't name) that disagreed with their entire existence.

You can disagree with the packs, you can disagree with people who buy them, but what you did is disgusting.

An interesting take on what I typed out.  What I said was, or intent there of, that people with the 10 year badge will end up being looked down upon for buying the pack and having the badge/mark on their account.  I was not saying they should be, but this will probably end up happening if not already (I have seen this happen in the game already, unfortunately).  I am not advocating shaming anyone directly  (save for those behind the scenes that put out this pack, perhaps), just an observation of what is already happened and the reason said for such.  Even in this post thread, there is an unhappy division transpiring.  All because of this Heirloom pack and how it was presented as a celebration of 10 years.

Disgusting, maybe.  But there are folks who are hating on the individuals who whaled on this.  As for myself, I am hating on the pack itself.  Waste of a good design and art for this over priced mess.  I find it sad that a game and the DE team I like so much, did this.  They might make mistakes here and there, but are at least trying to make an awesome game for us to enjoy.  That makes it all the more frustrating for fans of the game, like myself.

Edited by KosmicKnight
Spelling correction.
  • Like 7

29 minutes ago, KosmicKnight said:

An interesting take on what I typed out.  What I said was, or intent there of, that people with the 10 year badge will end up being looked down upon for buying the pack and having the badge/mark on their account.  I was not saying they should be, but this will probably end up happening if not already (I have seen this happen in the game already, unfortunately).  I am not advocating shaming anyone directly  (save for those behind the scenes that put out this pack, perhaps), just an observation of what is already happened and the reason said for such.  Even in this post thread, there is an unhappy division transpiring.  All because of this Heirloom pack and how it was presented as a celebration of 10 years.

Well then I am sorry for misunderstanding. Your post did seem to me like enabling and consent with people being harassed and targeted. 

Disgusting, maybe.

It is disgusting. People being harassed for their decision (whatever the decision may be - good or bad) is simply evil.

As for myself, I am hating on the pack itself.

That's totally fair and legit. And there is a civil discussion about that somewhere in those 64 pages of this thread, lol. Hopefully DE can siff through it and find what they need to adress this sitch properly. Again, sorry for misinterpreting, but I simply get rilled up and start fuming whenever there are people harassed for labeling, which is reportedly already happening in game as well as here.

1 hour ago, TrouNoir said:

So I'm being punished for being a loyal customer for 10 years because I own all the Prime access content already and I can't spend Regal Aya on anything? What am I supposed to do with it if I already own all the cosmetics? Maybe you can make Regal Aya a decoration item so I can make a pile in my orbiter and set it on fire because that's about all the good it will do me.

Damn... Until now I didn't realize that if someone actually has everything the Regal aya is literally worthless... 

That go me thinking... Maybe the Heirloom skins could just be sold for Regal Aya at Varzia's shop. That would solve EVERYTHING and make sense lorewise, since Heirloom are suppose to be like "Primes 2.0"

Edited by Cerikus

13 hours ago, dragonmermaid said:

sooo did we get anything for it being the 10 year anniversary other than those packs?

There was an Umbra alert and there is a nice login reward, an operator outfit that is fun to use.  Looks good in action.  If there is more, slipping my mind at the moment.

13 hours ago, Cerikus said:

That's totally fair and legit. And there is a civil discussion about that somewhere in those 64 pages of this thread, lol. Hopefully DE can siff through it and find what they need to adress this sitch properly. Again, sorry for misinterpreting, but I simply get rilled up and start fuming whenever there are people harassed for labeling, which is reportedly already happening in game as well as here.

These things happen.  Just wanted to clarify.

• Like 3

I can't imagine DE looking good at all after all this is through.

To those who don't even know what happened in the past, needing to create a PSA for a PSA doesn't look great, nor does ignoring the community feedback for the backhanded "solution".

My birthday is today, and I think I'm going to pull a DE. Imma sell selfies to random strangers for $90 a pop with a free nut punch to the patron. When they say they don't want that, I guess I need to make it 2 nut punches, because clearly giving people more of what they don't want while over charging for something that basically means nothing in the grand scheme of things, is clearly the best solution.

I should also get someone to sketch these selfies to sell them as a $180 art book, when the book, War and Peace, has significantly more pages, and substance for like a tenth of the price. Crazy how I can find a hardback art book that covers 30 YEARS of art for one game for 1/9 the price of one for 10 years.

• Like 21

Highlights of problems to address I've seen from this thread:

1. Two skins should not cost the price of a AAA game plus the DLC,  No matter the "exclusivity" or "rarity" its just wrong.

2. People want a separate pack free of the clutter with just the two skins and the two halos that is reasonably priced

3. Justifying not making the pack we all want by saying it would be unfair is hiding behind the consumers, you also promised never to do this type of thing after excal prime founder packs and yet here we are.

• Like 29

10 hours ago, (PSN)Ze_LoBoToMiZeUr said:

I've been reading many things here and there and you guys need to touch some grass, especially those criticising the community managers.

We can debate about those prices that are indeed a bit high for the content they offer, I kinda feel like I'm paying 50 bucks for an accolade and two skins from warframes I haven't used in years but for the memes.

What has FOMO to do there tho ? Why would you be scared to miss something you wouldn't buy ? You've literally got 4 months to buy them, I've seen worse, nobody was ranting 10 years ago about founders packs that offered a frame, 2 weapons and accolades, are people now mad and using the straw man FOMO argument just because DE doesn't need money like they used to 10 years ago ?

You don't want it ? Don't buy it and get over it, your life won't end because you missed some cosmetics, you're either fragile as hell to FOMO something like that or a godlike chad that only fear in life is to miss a cosmetic item.

Oh yeah and another thing I thought was really funny is you're telling people to touch grass but you've been active on the game for 10 years listen if you going to say stuff like that don't contradict yourself you just look dumb you know a helpful tip for the future 😂🤣😂🤣

• Like 10

It’s still robbery. Not only is there no option to get them separately but the majority of the cost is tied up in crap nobody wants. 
people who want these skins don’t want to be forced into buying aya and platinum. 
half expected a big plat price tag so everyone could’ve been part of the anniversary celebrations. I don’t play either of these frames but would’ve happily dumped 1-2k on them but as per usual,DE’s greed has got the better of them. 
For shame

• Like 10

Honestly, I'm surprised that there is so much outrage from a community that mobbed DE into splitting up the Prime Access in the first place, then CELEBRATED creating the monster to begin with. Ask EA how whining about online business practices works. Don't like it, don't buy it. Your wallet.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, (NSW)Master2873 said:

I can't imagine DE looking good at all after all this is through.

To those who don't even know what happened in the past, needing to create a PSA for a PSA doesn't look great, nor does ignoring the community feedback for the backhanded "solution".

I hope this "look/image" sticks forever, this needs to be a message.

Remember, them ignoring the community feedback and making a backhanded "solution" will stick forever in people's minds, the post can be deleted but you can't erase people's memory and the time-back machine works as well, so we have plenty to go back to if we need a reminder.

• Like 9

2 hours ago, Circle_of_Psi said:

I hope this "look/image" sticks forever, this needs to be a message.

Remember, them ignoring the community feedback and making a backhanded "solution" will stick forever in people's minds, the post can be deleted but you can't erase people's memory and the time-back machine works as well, so we have plenty to go back to if we need a reminder.

It depends on the player. What really matters is whether the general playerbase sees this point of view. Even at 65 pages and 1600 comments, it's still a small minority. Players like you, myself, or the kinds of people that follow our posts are ones that already know that DE have a history of ignoring feedback with solutions that never really fix the root issue. This isn't new territory for them. Like Regal Aya, I'm sure this will just blow over and only players concerned about historical practice will remember and reference it later. I will of course speak up as I usually do, but I've known for a long time that I'm generally wasting my time with what I'm writing as it's probably not going to accomplish anything. I just enjoy using this platform.

Edited by Voltage
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Voltage said:

It depends on the player. What really matters is whether the general playerbase sees this point of view. Even at 65 pages and 1600 comments, it's still a small minority. Players like you, myself, or the kinds of people that follow our posts are ones that already know that DE have a history of ignoring feedback with solutions that never really fix the root issue. This isn't new territory for them. Like Regal Aya, I'm sure this will just blow over and only players concerned about historical practice will remember and reference it later.

Sadly true I'm afraid

They'll hide behind the whales and pretend this never happened and they have a very long history of ignoring feedback, but something like this when it comes to out-right predatory money stuff, it tends to spread faster then "Oh, X bug has been in the game"

I'm hoping that people are trying to reach out to other news outlets to see if they can make a story about this, but I'm not sure if it's "spicey" enough if you will.

• Like 3

8 hours ago, Cerikus said:

Damn... Until now I didn't realize that if someone actually has everything the Regal aya is literally worthless...

You have to admit this is the case for some people. I own every Prime Access except Titania Prime Access, and I already have enough Regal Aya to purchase the pack when Titania Prime is unvaulted in future. Therefore, I would only wish DE would add more Prime Gaming rewards to Prime Resurgence store since Prime Gaming isn't available in my region (I like that Verv Ephemera).

• Like 1

65 pages, over 1600 posts.

While a good number are by the same people, that's still leaving a lot of individual people & replies.

Will DE actually respond or just wait for this to fizzle out?

They probably already made a good amount of money from these overpriced packs, and even those that continue to say that it's awful still threw money at them. What incentive does DE have if they continue being rewarded? "Vote with your wallets" after all.

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, Sean said:

Will DE actually respond or just wait for this to fizzle out?

"If we continue with this series, we are dedicated to ensuring all future Heirloom Collection releases have more purchase flexibility and reflect all feedback we received during this launch."

I think DE actually made its statement quite clear, people just didn't read carefully.

• Like 1

Just now, TypeZeroEmiya said:

"If we continue with this series, we are dedicated to ensuring all future Heirloom Collection releases have more purchase flexibility and reflect all feedback we received during this launch."

I think DE actually made its statement quite clear, people just didn't read carefully.

That ultimately means very little.

It's all talk.

If they wanted to actually give more purchase flexibility, they could have still done so by creating an option that only includes skins.

So of course people haven't accepted it as "over" as the response given rings hollow.

• Like 10

1 minute ago, Sean said:

That ultimately means very little.

It's all talk.

If they wanted to actually give more purchase flexibility, they could have still done so by creating an option that only includes skins.

So of course people haven't accepted it as "over" as the response given rings hollow.

DE saying "all future Heirloom Collection releases have more purchase flexibility" implies there would probably be no changes to THIS Heirloom Collection, it's just that simple.

• Like 1

Just now, TypeZeroEmiya said:

DE saying "all future Heirloom Collection releases have more purchase flexibility" implies there would probably be no changes to THIS Heirloom Collection, it's just that simple.

And that's still not acceptable to a lot of people.

They also failed to even address what people take issue with, instead it seems that their answer is "Shut up, here's more platinum."

It doesn't help that this isn't the first time that they've pushed the line of what people usually accept in a blatantly greedy move.

• Like 10

1 minute ago, Sean said:

And that's still not acceptable to a lot of people.

They also failed to even address what people take issue with, instead it seems that their answer is "Shut up, here's more platinum."

It doesn't help that this isn't the first time that they've pushed the line of what people usually accept in a blatantly greedy move.

I'm not here to judge whether adding more platinum to the packs is acceptable. There will always be people who are not satisfied no matter what changes have been done.

DE is already "playing dead" imo. DE might take a look at players' response in this topic, but that doesn't mean DE has to respond a second time.

1 hour ago, TypeZeroEmiya said:

I read it carefully, and was left pondering what "all feedback" encompasses. It's not as if there's one issue, or even two issues, there's at least half a dozen consistently repeating. It would've been great if DE specified which they were actually acknowledging.

• Like 1