Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Is Plague Star gone for good?

Yousho

16 hours ago, Rathalio said:

It's probably not coming anymore, apart from two mods every rewards it carried have been distributed elsewhere. Their main new location is the night of Naberus event coming for Halloween. And the event hasn't been running for two years.

So yeah this way of farming forma is pretty much dead, don't count on that.

It's comming and it will bring quite a few new rewards, mostly emblems and glyphs

12 hours ago, Lion said:

Probably cause it was an easy way to get lots of formas very quickly. 

That's not missing the event. It's missing its rewards.

Why can't we ask for the Plague Star rewards to be given to another event? One that isn't a tedious fight against a buggy version of Lephantis?

Why do we have to settle for "tedious event with good rewards" like masochistic suckers? How is it better than asking for "fun event with the same good rewards"?

22 hours ago, Yousho said:

Never got to experience the event, and I'm currently struggling for Forma. :satisfied:

Has there been any word on this?

eeh...I think it is better you miss it because it just a nutshell of hell job to grind and farm because Plague Star was actually build up the anger of the players during that time because they couldn't get infested zaw parts which I totally agreed during that time but I believed they should of done something more for that story more should be involved like weekly boost instead getting annoying "Ghouls" alert ppl remember it back then (dev greatest mistakes to annoy player is making mail alert about ghouls attack WF:PoE not POE means Path Of Exile game).

Pretty much the rewards are almost the same in the infested planet in the home Nezeriack for Zaw infested and arcane for infested weapons as added to him because ppl don't want to keep on waiting for Plague Star cuz they have special meta arcane that shoot projectiles sent flying to the enemy as well hitting on object really explode massively big because it was going to with player's zaw user.  Now they nerf the Living Daylight of this specific arcane, so pretty much it still does wonder but seriously dev has issues with this arcane being too powerful because someone decided to put Riven mod on the Zaw weapons for it was really did that dang good like to the max of red of power mil for not even SP cannot stop.

24 minutes ago, ChaoticEdge said:

Now they nerf the Living Daylight of this specific arcane, so pretty much it still does wonder but seriously dev has issues with this arcane being too powerful because someone decided to put Riven mod on the Zaw weapons for it was really did that dang good like to the max of red of power mil for not even SP cannot stop.

Stroking

DE really loves introducing power scaling elements, only to nerf the power they, themselves, created.

13 hours ago, Hexerin said:

So then craft it. All the materials used are extremely common in normal star chart missions at any level.

One a day is a pretty slow trickle, and I heard Plague Star could yield lots, which is why I asked. :)

• 2 weeks later...
On 2023-09-10 at 10:55 AM, Dhrekr said:

You're not missing out much. "Buggy version of Lephantis wanders on the Planes".

There's probably a hundred Events that DE never reran and Plague Star is definitely amongst the ones I least enjoyed during its first run. I'll never understand why people seem to miss it.

I could care less, that's the fastest way to farm forma. And how is that not easy enough for you to understand, it's all about forma.

• Like 1

During last week's Prime Time  Megan said they were looking at getting Plague Star out this year, but working on some "QoL changes" and "restructuring".   Which could be good, bad, or both.  (Every time it's been announced I've been expecting built forma to disappear or be made scarcer, and I couldn't summon up the enthusiasm to play the last Plague Star even though I needed them.  So restructuring doesn't scare me, and might turn out to be fun. )

She also said flat out that Scarlet Spear wasn't coming back.  I don't think she used the word "never" but it seemed pretty clear they have no plans for it.

• Like 2

Il y a 9 heures, Tiltskillet a dit :

During last week's Prime Time  Megan said they were looking at getting Plague Star out this year,

Oh ! That's very good news !

Prime Time is too late to me and I can't watch it anymore, so thank you very much for this information.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Tiltskillet said:

During last week's Prime Time  Megan said they were looking at getting Plague Star out this year, but working on some "QoL changes" and "restructuring".   Which could be good, bad, or both.  (Every time it's been announced I've been expecting built forma to disappear or be made scarcer, and I couldn't summon up the enthusiasm to play the last Plague Star even though I needed them.  So restructuring doesn't scare me, and might turn out to be fun. )

She also said flat out that Scarlet Spear wasn't coming back.  I don't think she used the word "never" but it seemed pretty clear they have no plans for it.

Sauce: https://youtube.com/clip/Ugkx8IkEZCXk7G3KT6ZvVCYdSEcBuBr1_qS6?si=yViTIdCQEJso6HlE

Longer version (sauce video with timestamp):

Spoiler

Edited by LittleLeoniePrime

On 2023-09-21 at 11:34 AM, LittleLeoniePrime said:

cuz they will never give us built forma again as a rewards they damn well know it's a bad financial decision to throw out built formas like candy.

You want the buggy, not fun event back with endless built Forma rewards.

I want DE to come up with a non-buggy, fun event with endless built Forma rewards.

From the point of view of DE's monetization, both are equally bad financial decisions. Yet you insist that we have to have the garbage event, which is... unforgivable, in my opinion.

3 hours ago, LittleLeoniePrime said:

subjective :)

I like grinding plague star ;p

I think you are the first person in this thread to admit they enjoy playing the mission.

And, while this isn't you, anyone who asks for an event rerun they don't enjoy because they want to grind some reward, I'll call "masochistic sucker".

Anyways: I'm happy to hear that DE is "restructuring" the event.