Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Energy/Health Orb Drop Nerf?

mubsmubs

Dunno if it's just me getting too used to Citrine literally flooding the map with them; but I'm running Dagath with energize, equilibrium and Energy Generator Dethcube and I still manage to run out of energy. Did they mess with orb drop rates or am I just imagining things?

hace 43 minutos, BiancaRoughfin dijo:

To be honest i noticed more orbs dropping and i wasnt using any mod or ability that does it.

The opposite in my case. Using Tentacle Swamp with the augment, I notice that very few red and blue orbs fall.

Edited by CosoMalvadoNG

hace 36 minutos, --F--NerevarCM dijo:

You can get heath and energy orbs now even if you're full if you're running Health Conversion or any other mod that requires health or energy pickup. No need for Sinth mods.

Probably you guys are using them without knowing.

i use equilibrium sir.

I've not noticed any reduction, still getting plenty drops, with Eximus units being guaranteed, so once an Abyss run goes Eximus Stronghold there's plenty to go at.

also, Dagath is apparently quite the hungry gal in terms of energy, if it's becoming too much of an issue, you may want to consider putting efficiency mods on your build, or run Zenurik Focus/carry energy pads.

5 hours ago, mubsmubs said:

Dunno if it's just me getting too used to Citrine literally flooding the map with them

This honestly might be the case. I was playing Citrine in a fairly long mission earlier and I didn't feel like I was generating less orbs. But I absolutely feel like orbs are thinner on the ground when going from a high-power Citrine who makes things explode into health and energy orbs to basically any other frame; that was true even before this patch.

Still, I didn't feel short on energy even when on Kullervo or other frames post-patch. Though I admit I was running with my giant chonkers kubrow, Tonka (who can now have adventures with me again! YAY!), and Tonk's got Duplex Bond on so that I can have a pack of chonkers kubrows with me; the Duplex Bond clones have a 50% chance to drop energy orbs on every kill they make, so I grant that may have skewed my perception of there being plentiful energy orbs...

8 hours ago, mubsmubs said:

Dunno if it's just me getting too used to Citrine literally flooding the map with them; but I'm running Dagath with energize, equilibrium and Energy Generator Dethcube and I still manage to run out of energy. Did they mess with orb drop rates or am I just imagining things?

It’s not a guarantee drop for normal enemies. Eximus drops are though. Could’ve been unlucky in that run. You could also use Lycath’s Hunt as a helminth to replace her 1. I tried that because her one just refresh’s (from what I’ve seen), which I can just do with her one. If you want to stay on theme with the frame, nourish can work. Viral on viral frame

Edit: confused two with one

Edited by Malikili
Correction

I've noticed something wonky. Just ran a couple of steel path survival runs on Pluto with Rev and Helios Prime, synth deconstruct on Helios along with the new +hp from orbs and reduced pet res time on pick up mod. What I noticed was an absurd amount of energy orbs dropping while health orbs were scarse. And I'm sure I didnt pick them up as they spawned since I was hanging back and killing well beyond vacuum range. It even went to the point where my Helios Prime sat on a quarter of health left for quite some time. I even double checked after the last run so they hadnt changed synth deconstruct from health to energy orbs.

Edited by SneakyErvin