The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

so.. any chance of getting Gotva Prime again?

(PSN)robotwars7

Question

I wasn't playing much around at the time that the Gotva Prime was offered and I don't have a twitch account, but I know that eventually, exclusive weapons get added into the main game like the Athodai did. only reason I remembered is because I've seen a few people using theirs and remembered I don't have one of those. anyone know how long it took for Athodai to get released? that would be a good frame of reference to see how long before Gotva prime becomes available. 

not a big deal if nobody knows, just curious. anyone else waiting on Gotva Prime, and those of you that have it, is it any good, or just MR fodder? feel free to discuss.

16 answers to this question

"The Gotva Prime Rifle will be exclusive for a limited time, but players who miss out on the Drop can earn it in-game at a later date." Directly from the tennocon page, can't find the exact page right now but this quote exists from it.

I too, am hoping that it comes sooner rather than later as I wasn't able to get it either and is my only missing MR right now.

25 minutes ago, Stormandreas said:

All Tennocon weapons become available via Baro after a while.

And the person relates it to the Athodai which is Not a Baro weapon.

Athodai tennocon August, released into railjack in March.

Vastilok was released through tennocon June 2021 and first Baro appearance was in October so that is a 4 month span.

Vericres released July 16, first baro appearance November.

Gotva prime, tennocon August 26. . ??? Which is much later date than the previous two tennocons.

So if following the recent releases and time frame I would leaning on first baro of next year or in the first mainline content piece of that year but I would not rule out an "oh we forgot" and release it in May next year situation as that is also possible since DE doesn't have a set frame/cadence for when weapons are supposed to be available.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, XHADgaming said:

So if following the recent releases and time frame I would leaning on first baro of next year or in the first mainline content piece of that year but I would not rule out an "oh we forgot" and release it in May next year situation as that is also possible since DE doesn't have a set frame/cadence for when weapons are supposed to be available.

that's cool, I'm in no rush to get it now, just want to make sure I get it whenever it becomes available. I don't want to set up a twitch account for the sake of one weapon, just as long as it's available at some point is fine by me. I can wait. was curious how good it is, since it looks like it was supposed to be released before Aeolak was, and a few people I've seen in radshares have been using it recently.

2 hours ago, (PSN)robotwars7 said:

anyone know how long it took for Athodai to get released? that would be a good frame of reference to see how long before Gotva prime becomes available. 

DE confirmed Gotva would be released with Baro.  Other Tennocon  weapons:

Vericres: ~4 months

Vastilok: ~3 months

Athodai: ~7 months, but made available through RJ not Baro.

Inputing these numbers into my supercomputer,  the most likely possibility is Gotva Prime will come to Baro...

...when you're out of town with no WF access.

was curious how good it is, since it looks like it was supposed to be released before Aeolak was, and a few people I've seen in radshares have been using it recently.

It's not meta or anything.  Do you like auto-rifles?  Do you like Aeolak?  It's like a more basic Aeolak with some odd build options.  I don't think it has nearly the ceiling that Aeolak does, but it's SP viable and entertained me for a couple of weeks.

Edited by Tiltskillet
  • Like 4

11 hours ago, Tiltskillet said:

Inputing these numbers into my supercomputer,  the most likely possibility is Gotva Prime will come to Baro...

It's not meta or anything.  Do you like auto-rifles?  Do you like Aeolak?  It's like a more basic Aeolak with some odd build options.  I don't think it has nearly the ceiling that Aeolak does, but it's SP viable and entertained me for a couple of weeks.

With its mechanic for super red crits it's a beast of a gun imo, I like it for something that just flopped out of DE's bag of tricks.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Tiltskillet said:

. . . and just your luck that DE hasn't enabled trading for it when you do return to town and attempt to trade for it.

Edited by XHADgaming

On 2023-10-22 at 6:09 PM, (PSN)robotwars7 said:

I wasn't playing much around at the time that the Gotva Prime was offered and I don't have a twitch account, but I know that eventually, exclusive weapons get added into the main game like the Athodai did. only reason I remembered is because I've seen a few people using theirs and remembered I don't have one of those. anyone know how long it took for Athodai to get released? that would be a good frame of reference to see how long before Gotva prime becomes available. 

not a big deal if nobody knows, just curious. anyone else waiting on Gotva Prime, and those of you that have it, is it any good, or just MR fodder? feel free to discuss.

it gonna be like the zylok baro will most likely carry it at some point 

On 2023-10-23 at 4:19 AM, Tiltskillet said:

It would be great if gotva was released both for baro and railjack, if you can't get to baro bring a squad to farm the weapon. Railjack is fun even with limited content.