Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Equiping Dual / Multiple Ephemeras

Zebitus

Greetings fellow tenno and glorious [DE] mods! 

Title! 

While there are certainly some ephemeras that might have a bit too much going on in terms of FoV (the wing ephemeras, in particular), the rest of the roster has several potentially STUNNING pairings / groupings. (Can you imagine all three of the Halloween ephemeras active at once? Da ooky, da spooky, da babadooky.)

We received dual color channels for both emissive frame energy AND power effects in the past, so why not inquire about ephemeras too? 

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

As someone who still hasn't collected all of the ephemeras that I'm fond of, an added feature like this would most definitely encourage me to finally farm out the rest.

Fashion is the true end-game, after all!

A6e_HJsCMAE2UOQ.jpg

Edited by Zebitus
cleaned up / edited some text
  • Like 7

I remember when ephemeras were just little bonus cosmetic footprint effects, and lately I’d say the majority of them push way too far in the visual department and are messy on their own, let alone if they could be combined with others

Maybe I could see them being split into categories for those that are always active, and those that are context sensitive (the original footprint cosmetics are only visible when you run), and only being able to equip one of each as a result. I would not expect an even split, most of them would probably fall into that “always on” category

Edited by Pakaku
  • Like 2

I wouldn't mind, but most people who don't have a real eye for fashion will inevitably put two very busy ephemeras on and make their frame a walking eyesore: some will also do so deliberately to troll others.

the best compromise would be having a separate slot for Body and Step Ephemeras, since Step Ephemeras only appear while moving. IMO that could work with most combos without it looking awful, but then it's a question of how easy it would be to implement and whether or not DE want to do it. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, (PSN)robotwars7 said:

The best compromise would be having a separate slot for Body and Step Ephemeras, since Step Ephemeras only appear while moving. IMO that could work with most combos without it looking awful, but then it's a question of how easy it would be to implement and whether or not DE want to do it. 

This is my preferred avenue for this as well, and it's been suggested before (for reference, I know you have comments on these already lol):

• Like 4

16 hours ago, Zakkhar said:

Less is more, unless you crave the attention and rather look like a Christmas Tree.

Also how do you expect this to work UI-wise?

43386b9a8c2a9afc8960d573ff428dbf.jpg

I continue to be impressed at how incapable you are at figuring out simple things.

• Like 2

You could also make Ephemera selection as a Class and the particular Ephemera selection inside. It will help, once people inevitebly want to more Ephemera slots added, a year after.

It was a rhethorical question. Guess some people will respond anyway.

Yup  I'd love to be able to equip 2 ephemeras sometimes.

I understand that the wings are under ephemeras because they disappear when enemies are nearby, but there are times (like Halloween) where I would like to have wings and another ephemera (eg wings and the bats).... but we can't :(  But if the wings had been syandanas, then we could have had the same effect with 2 items.

A step category separate to body ephemeras would be a good way to do it. 

But honestly, some players colour and attachment choices are an eyesore already - is it really that much more of a problem allowing 2 emphemeras?

On 2023-10-26 at 6:26 AM, Zakkhar said:

Less is more, unless you crave the attention and rather look like a Christmas Tree.

More is more. It's called X-mas tree chique. Get into it or get outta the way.

GreenChristmasTreedresswithhat_3_900x.jp

On 2023-10-25 at 4:11 PM, Voltage said:

This is my preferred avenue for this as well, and it's been suggested before (for reference, I know you have comments on these already lol):

Combining the stephemeras with the body effects would be a good compromise / first step! Layering them also sounds appealing, but I've no idea how much more work would go into that VS just stacking them. 🤔

On 2023-10-25 at 3:09 PM, -Krism- said:

It'll just end up looking like a blob of effects

It's already like this on live.

The way a lot of players have been adorning their frames can already be considered overly busy, but has virtually 0 impact on anyone else's actual gameplay experience (looking at the wing ephemeras and blocky armor cosmetics specifically here).

Besides, we already have a fine population of daring players who help distract us from those pesky mission objectives with their choice of colors on their base frame alone.

Another level of fun glowy effects isn't going to make a difference when every enemy on the map is dead within .5 seconds of spawning.