Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

DE Please: Chat box window lock

funnycolorsman69

Hi, relatively simple ask. Can we please get a feature to lock the chat box window to a certain part of our screen. I don't know if anyone else would be interested in a feature like this but with a 49 inch Ultrawide monitor it is very annoying logging into the game every time and having to re-orient the chat window into a place where I don't have to physically turn my head to see what team mates are saying.  Tons of other MMO's I have played have had this feature and I think it would be very nice!  Thanks much. 

• Like 7

I've asked for this before =( and nothing ever gets done.     I understand you want to have the chat box in a certain spot on your screen and have it always be there even after you log out and back in.     In my situation I just want the chatbox to stay stretched out.   Everytime I log in I have to stretch it wide so its easy to read..  

Both things should be relatively easy to implement.  remember position/size.

Also as long as we are screwing with chat It would be hella nice to have custom colors lol.   The HUD colors have an option for text but I don't remember offhand what that applies to but its not chat text lol.   

(PS:  ps4 still has issues clicking on names and having the menu be out of place)

As someone who has a regular monitor, I'd also appreciate this. I always have the in-game performance monitor active, and the default chat box placement puts the input space underneath it.

Also, being able to decide which channel it defaults to would be nice, so I don't have to switch away from trade chat every time I log in.

6 hours ago, Voltage said:

This is sorely needed, especially with the bug that the chat moves around.

Is that a PC only bug?

3 hours ago, Corvid said:

Also, being able to decide which channel it defaults to would be nice, so I don't have to switch away from trade chat every time I log in.

Guessing it defaults to trade cause you turned region off?

9 hours ago, Voltage said:

This is sorely needed, especially with the bug that the chat moves around.

There's the thing where the game moves the mouse to certain positions at points when loading into and out of missions. I bet that the window is moving because the chat window is being "picked up" by someone clicking the mouse or whatever chat button being hit on a controller right as that pointer jumps.

But yeah, having the chat window tied to a toggle lock in a menu would be nice so people could stick it, or leave it always movable if they really wanted to keep it as is.

10 hours ago, Corvid said:

As someone who has a regular monitor, I'd also appreciate this. I always have the in-game performance monitor active, and the default chat box placement puts the input space underneath it.

Bruh, that would make things even better. I find it so weird that it defaults to a dead channel and not something like region or trading... very annoying. It makes it seem like there is no one playing the game or interacting. 

10 hours ago, Corvid said:

This. Literally this! I also have performance monitoring on and I like to have the chat on the right side of the screen on the bottom. There is nothing more annoying than having the text you are trying to type obscured by FPS and Ping. 

3 hours ago, Hobie-wan said:

There's the thing where the game moves the mouse to certain positions at points when loading into and out of missions. I bet that the window is moving because the chat window is being "picked up" by someone clicking the mouse or whatever chat button being hit on a controller right as that pointer jumps.

I have this bug often and I'm never interacting during loading screens besides the space bar to skip cutscenes. The same goes for loading into my Orbiter. It's been happening for months now.

13 hours ago, funnycolorsman69 said:

Bruh, that would make things even better. I find it so weird that it defaults to a dead channel and not something like region or trading... very annoying. It makes it seem like there is no one playing the game or interacting. 

I think you may have misinterpreted what I wrote. For me it currently defaults to trade, and I wish it would default to a silent channel.

On 2023-11-04 at 10:06 PM, funnycolorsman69 said:

Hi, relatively simple ask. Can we please get a feature to lock the chat box window to a certain part of our screen. I don't know if anyone else would be interested in a feature like this but with a 49 inch Ultrawide monitor it is very annoying logging into the game every time and having to re-orient the chat window into a place where I don't have to physically turn my head to see what team mates are saying.  Tons of other MMO's I have played have had this feature and I think it would be very nice!  Thanks much. 

A pretty reasonable request.

Smite did a UI overhaul a few months ago to where you could manipulate it at will.  Wouldn't hurt DE to look into it

19 hours ago, Voltage said:

I have this bug often and I'm never interacting during loading screens besides the space bar to skip cutscenes. The same goes for loading into my Orbiter. It's been happening for months now.

Hmm. I've had the chat move a few times, but perhaps only when in a group. But I know the cursor thing has been doing the jump for years. It always annoys me when I just want to click "repeat mission" when cracking relics, but the cursor jumps to the spot a few inches up and over when I've gotten ready to click when the button appears.