Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Which older Warframes need a second deluxe skin?

Numerounius

Over the years some of the older frames have gotten multiple skins that is of the deluxe rarity like Rhino, Ember and Volt to name a few. And there are some older frames that have only one deluxe with the quality of their deluxe skin varying. Out of those older frames with only one deluxe skin which ones do you think needs an additional deluxe skin sooner rather than later because the quality isn't there with their lone one they currently have?

My pick and what prompted me to make this post is going to be Nekros. Been using his kit a lot lately so I was looking to see if there was a better option for him other than his bland base or too many tendrils prime. And wow the deluxe skin for Nekros does not help in making the choice easier. The thing with the deluxe skin is the flames which aren't very flashy or prominent when compared to other deluxe skin elements and outside of that it doesn't really offer enough of a visually distinct difference compared to regular Nekros. So I think he should be high up on the list to receive an additional skin.

• Like 1

It's Trinity, for me. Her existing deluxe isn't necessarily bad, I'm just not a fan of the stark contrast that is the skirt. The rest of the skin is very minimalist, and then there's this very loud, mismatched section. I find it jarring, and I'd like something that looks more... I don't know, unified?

• Like 2

to be honest I like a lot of the deluxe skins we alreayd have on older frames, but there's one in particular I want to be done right: Styanax.

I need it to be either a bada$$ spartan or a centurion skin, and either way, I NEED a plumed helmet; no plume, no buy, simple as that.

1,921 Plumed Helmet Images, Stock Photos, 3D objects, & Vectors |  Shutterstock

if I don't get these vibes from Styanax Deluxe then I'm gonna be incredibly disappointed.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Archeyef said:

It's Trinity, for me. Her existing deluxe isn't necessarily bad, I'm just not a fan of the stark contrast that is the skirt. The rest of the skin is very minimalist, and then there's this very loud, mismatched section. I find it jarring, and I'd like something that looks more... I don't know, unified?

Echoing my support for a second deluxe skin for Trinity. Unlike @Archeyef however, I actually dislike her current one (the stick legs).

That being said, I'd prefer if Trinity get a rework first. Maybe release the second deluxe alongside the rework?

1 hour ago, Olphus said:

Emyprean is easily one of the better deluxe skins, and his prime is solid so I don't think he "badly" needs them.

My picks are Loki, Chroma, Equinox, Garuda and Oberon

my thing is, on Switch, he literally only has 1 skin other than prime/regular, not a fan of Emyprean either.

UhrFPtI.png

(rank 17 due to forma)

On 2023-11-06 at 1:38 AM, (PSN)EntityPendragon said:

Mirage doesn't have a deluxe bundle. I would say that she is on the list as well.

Isn't the Oneiro her deluxe skin? And it looks fire. nvm, you wanted a deluxe bundle.

5340f8cfa76b7275345b2551e39ade8a.jpg

Edited by Illegal_Squirell
This image is too huge, how can I resize it?
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, Hexerin said:

Echoing my support for a second deluxe skin for Trinity. Unlike @Archeyef however, I actually dislike her current one (the stick legs).

That being said, I'd prefer if Trinity get a rework first. Maybe release the second deluxe alongside the rework?

I actually dislike it too, just because of the skirt instead of the legs; I think the legs would work if the skirt wasn't there to change the profile. I was mostly just acknowledging that people might disagree, and that's why I avoided calling it bad.

Frost and mag- oh yeahhhhhh DE blew the possibility of those ones for us by making unreasonably expensive cash-only timed-exclusive skins for no reason other than greed. Thanks DE.

Loki is probably absolute top of the list. Popular frame that was once a starter and his current deluxe skin is one of the oldest and exceptionally boring.

Trinity and Mesa could really use a new one.

Oberon's is as old as Loki's but I'd say it's still really good.

Banshe's is old and not great. The only issue is who tf plays banshee anymore? They wouldn't make much on that without a rework.

Octavia, Equinox, and Ivara could all use a second deluxe. Not because they're old, but because the ones they got are kinda really ugly, and their primes are all fire af so there's no reason to use the skins. I would be in love with a punk-rock themed Octavia.

Edited by PollexMessier
  • Like 2

45 minutes ago, PollexMessier said:

Frost and mag- oh yeahhhhhh DE blew the possibility of those ones for us by making unreasonably expensive cash-only timed-exclusive skins for no reason other than greed. Thanks DE.

Wrong, it's the 10th anniversary, a very special moment for Warframe, and what's a better way to celebrate it other than by milking the whales?

Garuda… that deluxe skin is… creative, but odd to say the least. 

17 hours ago, --Leyenda-yight6 said:

mainly Garuda, their deluxe skin seems horrible to me.

Agreed, I wish they could tie it into lore to explain why it’s so… so

• Like 2