The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Exalted Blade slam radial javelin

(PSN)ExicionBlack

It would just drain more energy and would also be prone to overwriting an otherwise higher buff derived from Furious Javelin augment if it was executed prior within a more preferable quantity of enemies.

(Example: You run into a crowd of 30 enemies, execute radial javelin, hit over 1000% buff. Suddenly you reflexively slam attack and re-execute javelin and drop down to 200%. Also lose energy.)

On 2023-11-13 at 6:11 PM, (PSN)ExicionBlack said:

Nothing fancy just wondering what y’all would think If Exalted Blades slam attack activated radial javelin like how it’s slide attack activates Radial Blind

Heavy slam, not regular slam.

The thing is though with radial blind it’s actually slightly different (I believe?) in that it can blind eximus enemies. So we’d have to see some other version of javelin on the heavy slam if we follow the same design.

Personally I don’t like the current design. I would like it if these actions just acted as the regular abilities to make them more fluid and easily accessible to use rather than using the ability bar.

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, (PSN)FirmBizkit said:

The thing is though with radial blind it’s actually slightly different (I believe?) in that it can blind eximus enemies.

The Exalted Blade slide blind is the one that works on Eximus.  Or did...I don't play Excal regularly, and haven't checked recently.

Radial Blind doesn't work.  That one I have checked in the last month or so.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Tiltskillet said:

The Exalted Blade slide blind is the one that works on Eximus.  Or did...I don't play Excal regularly, and haven't checked recently.

Radial Blind doesn't work.  That one I have checked in the last month or so.

That’s what I meant, the radial blind on the exalted blade slide. It’s still called the same skill isn’t it?

Edited by (PSN)FirmBizkit

38 minutes ago, (PSN)FirmBizkit said:

That’s what I meant, the radial blind on the exalted blade slide. It’s still called the same skill isn’t it?

Oh, sorry, I thought you meant the reverse.  Yeah, the EB effect is also referred to as a Radial Blind in the ability tips.

edit: I was playing with it a bit in the Sim, trying to figure out if it benefits from Radiant Finish.  Still don't know, because I discovered that another difference the slide effect has with the ability is it doesn't open up blinded targets to finishers.  Which seems like a bug.

Edited by Tiltskillet
  • Like 1

Not much of an Excal player anymore, but I kind of like the idea.  As far as energy cost goes, it seems like if the effects are reduced from the full ability, the energy costs should also be reduced or maybe free.   Not truly cost-free anyway, because EB has a running cost, and neither slides nor slams are exactly optimal.

The slide version of RB only has a 5m radius according to the wiki, so it's definitely reduced in that way compared to the real ability.  (It also blinds eximus but doesn't open up enemies to finishers....but I think it's likely these are both bugs.)  It does have half the cost of true RB, but I think it should be 10 or 5 or nothing.

• Like 2