Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Please Offer Obsidian Ephemera Again

(PSN)sLyK369

Hello Team DE,

I hope this message finds you well as we approach the Holiday Season! I'm not sure if there are any completionists like me out there, but not having the obsidian ephemera in my collection is driving me bonkers. Plus it's a really cool looking ephemera! Is there any way you could offer it again for purchase? Just wondering.

Thanks, and enjoy the Holidays!

Best regards,

sLyKk

5 hours ago, VibingCat said:

Also for PC players, please!

nice try, but DE won't release console exclusive cosmetics to all platforms. they certainly don't want to open the whole can of worms regarding exclusive stuff, because it will inevitably circle back to you-know-who. 

if they did, I'd be very happy, some of the Jade skins Xbox has are pretty cool, but it's very unlikely to happen. 

7 minutes ago, Karyst said:

Funny that you say that while having an exclusive Trinity Prime glyph.

You apparently never learned what "exclusive" means, if you consider the Prime glyphs as exclusive. They are permanently available to all players on a rotation, so by absolute definition are not exclusive. This isn't a debatable thing, it's simple objective fact.

Compare that to the console exclusive ephemera, which can never be obtained by anyone on the other consoles (and none of which can be obtained by PC players).

If you're going to chime in, learn what you're talking about first.

30 minutes ago, PollexMessier said:

Ehhh The prime glyphs are made available through resurgence, and I don't really think glyphs are substantial enough to count tbh.

This on the other hand....

Reveal hidden contents

image.png?ex=657023fc&is=655daefc&hm=40b

Yes, I bought the Heirloom bundle, what about it? Come at me with that broken ass logic I know you're just dying to cry about.

1 hour ago, PollexMessier said:

Ehhh The prime glyphs are made available through resurgence, and I don't really think glyphs are substantial enough to count tbh.

This on the other hand....

Hide contents

image.png?ex=657023fc&is=655daefc&hm=40b

You are mixing limited time offers with exclusive offers but I get it. 

1 hour ago, PollexMessier said:

You're the one that said exclusivity is a cancer.

Enjoy your Tumors.

That's what I figured, you have no actual point and are just flinging nonsense around.

4 minutes ago, Karyst said:

You are mixing limited time offers with exclusive offers but I get it. 

No, the Heirloom bundle 100% falls under exclusivity. Their announcement explicitly states that it'll be gone for good once the availability window closes. It's the same kind of deal as the Founders bundles back in the day when the game was new.

Which is also why people are so pissed off about it, because DE had apparently learned from their mistake with the Founders (and other similar stuff early on), but then the Heirloom bundle happens... Personally, I think people are taking it too far... but then most people don't actually reach maturity, so it's not unexpected ultimately.

Edited by Hexerin

9 minutes ago, Hexerin said:

That's what I figured, you have no actual point and are just flinging nonsense around.

No, the Heirloom bundle 100% falls under exclusivity. Their announcement explicitly states that it'll be gone for good once the availability window closes. It's the same kind of deal as the Founders bundles back in the day when the game was new.

Which is also why people are so pissed off about it, because DE had apparently learned from their mistake with the Founders (and other similar stuff early on), but then the Heirloom bundle happens... Personally, I think people are taking it too far... but then most people don't actually reach maturity, so it's not unexpected ultimately.

You don't make any sense, you hate exclusive content and yet think people are taking it too far? People are not immature for wanting the dumb exclusivity removed.

14 hours ago, (PSN)sLyK369 said:

Hello Team DE,

I hope this message finds you well as we approach the Holiday Season! I'm not sure if there are any completionists like me out there, but not having the obsidian ephemera in my collection is driving me bonkers. Plus it's a really cool looking ephemera! Is there any way you could offer it again for purchase? Just wondering.

Thanks, and enjoy the Holidays!

Best regards,

sLyKk

Not sure if it comes back but hope you get it eventually, it would be stupid not to bring it back, this isn't some rare product made with dodo feathers it's just digital, bringing it back is only going to benefit them

• Like 4

16 minutes ago, (XBOX)C11H22O11 said:

You don't make any sense, you hate exclusive content and yet think people are taking it too far? People are not immature for wanting the dumb exclusivity removed.

Your black and white viewpoint of "you can only either support the thing, or hate it" is the thing that doesn't make any sense, which you'd understand if you bothered to grow your world view and learned to see the big picture of the realities of real life.

I despite exclusivity and those who defend it, but I'm also a realist who understands the simple and objective fact that it will never go away. Thus, there's little sense in pointlessly suffering by refusing to buy stuff that looks appealing (such as Mag's Heirloom skin, which has brought me much fun and will continue to do so), as some kind of protest that literally nobody is paying any attention to.

It costs me nothing to point out that exclusivity is a cancer, and those who defend it are garbage, however.

Edited by Hexerin

3 hours ago, Hexerin said:

Your ongoing reminder: Exclusivity is a cancer on the industry, and all who actually defend it are garbage.

Exclusivity sells. It's not about whether players support it or not lol. You having a Trinity Prime glyph and the Heirloom Pack is the proof right there. I'm in the same boat as you of not enjoying exclusives. I also own several supporter bundles, Prime Accessories, TennoCon digital items, and the Heirloom Collection for the accolade. It's just an evil you have to deal with, and enjoying the game may require you to engage with those things.

It is what it is. The Obsidian Ephemera can come back at any time in any form. DE has shown to have little trust in this department with handling exclusives, especially since Primed Chamber. I assume at some point anything would return if the game is in such a low state that it permits the reintroduction.

Edited by Voltage

wow, this topic heated up pretty quickly.

OP, it's not comming back and if you're concerned about missing 1 syandana, then don't worry, you likely have missed dozzens of exclusive content that isn't comming back.

Syandanas, glyphs, decorations, emblems, sigils, you name it. Some are limited by the ammount that exist currently (as in there's only 1) and others ensure that even if you get one, you can't get another, heres's an example, remember the 2 VIP tickets that grant an exclusive custom glyph to you? If you get 1 ticket, you can't get a 2nd one, so you'll always ensure that you'll miss 1 custom glyph.

Some are gameplay only, some are login only (meaning you simply need to login), some are account only (you only need to have an account or use a code at a specific time, no gamelaunch required), some are plat only and some are purchase only.

Exclusivity represents something you did at one point and no one playing the game has everything, not by a long shot