Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Catalyst/Exilus/Forma removal and recovery helminth feature

_-Friendship

Can we make this a thing? At least for Warframes? Would this be too OP? Of course, resources required would be quite expensive. It's just that (at least for me) it makes me hesitant to actually enjoy a normal frame I got. By that I mean, I could be building a proper non-prime warframe by installing a potato and an exilus adapter but I won't because there is a better version of it that I will be getting some day. Knowing that I could uninstall those adapters with some helminth resources(or at least a direct transfer to the prime version of the frame), at least it makes me enjoy the normal frame while I wait for rng to finally be on my side or farm enough prime parts to sell and earn enough plats to buy the prime version.

Am I the only player who feels this hesitation with regular frames?

I guess this sense of hesitation is one of DE's ways to encourage players to buy plats (tho some could also just farm for them) but it would be a really nice player-friendly QoL feature imo.

Edited by (NSW)SayZer0
  • Like 1

Its not that it would be OP, it would be bad for DE since those items are what sell most in the game's shop and many players dont waste their times farming/crafting them and just buy them.

55 minutes ago, (NSW)SayZer0 said:

Im pretty sure you arent but you should feel bad about that, its easy to get formas and Reactors these days since Nora is a thing.

Edited by BiancaRoughfin
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, (NSW)SayZer0 said:

Can we make this a thing? At least for Warframes? Would this be too OP? Of course, resources required would be quite expensive. It's just that (at least for me) it makes me hesitant to actually enjoy a normal frame I got. By that I mean, I could be building a proper non-prime warframe by installing a potato and an exilus adapter but I won't because there is a better version of it that I will be getting some day. Knowing that I could uninstall those adapters with some helminth resources(or at least a direct transfer to the prime version of the frame), at least it makes me enjoy the normal frame while I wait for rng to finally be on my side or farm enough prime parts to sell and earn enough plats to buy the prime version.

I guess this sense of hesitation is one of DE's ways to encourage players to buy plats (tho some could also just farm for them) but it would be a really nice player-friendly QoL feature imo.

I doubt they would ever implement a feature that so directly would lead us to spend less of the premium currency, sadly.

hace 1 hora, (NSW)SayZer0 dijo:

By that I mean, I could be building a proper non-prime warframe by installing a potato and an exilus adapter but I won't because there is a better version of it that I will be getting some day.

[...]

at least it makes me enjoy the normal frame while I wait for rng to finally be on my side or farm enough prime parts to sell and earn enough plats to buy the prime version. Am I the only player who feels this hesitation with regular frames?

New frame comes in about a week or so, but you are hesitant to put a Reactor, Exilus Adapter and Forma on it because in 4 years time, its Prime will come.
You can't enjoy a frame / something unless it is at it's best? That sounds like a huge problem, but not of the game as much as yours.

That "hesitation" isn't really a way for DE to "lure" players to buy platinum and spend them on obtaining the better version of things.
It's a feeling you've developed due to how you see investing time and effort on the non-prime gear.

Pulling back that investment that you've put on the regular frame is far from fair, so yes, it'd be "really OP" to call it that.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, (PSN)Pablogamer585 said:

New frame comes in about a week or so, but you are hesitant to put a Reactor, Exilus Adapter and Forma on it because in 4 years time, its Prime will come.
You can't enjoy a frame / something unless it is at it's best? That sounds like a huge problem, but not of the game as much as yours.

That "hesitation" isn't really a way for DE to "lure" players to buy platinum and spend them on obtaining the better version of things.
It's a feeling you've developed due to how you see investing time and effort on the non-prime gear.

Pulling back that investment that you've put on the regular frame is far from fair, so yes, it'd be "really OP" to call it that.

I know prime versions come in years. But I'm talking about as a new player or returning player trying out a "new" old warframe that's already got a prime version or is about to get one. 

I guess it does sound a little unfair. But I just wondered what if rather than having to buy or earn another catalyst, etc. we could just spend some resources to get more use of some(not necessarily unlimited reusage but some form of direct transfer from the normal frames to its primed version). 

Edited by (NSW)SayZer0

hace 47 minutos, (NSW)SayZer0 dijo:

I know prime versions come in years. But I'm talking about as a new player or returning player trying out a "new" old warframe that's already got a prime version or is about to get one.

I guess it does sound a little unfair. But I just wondered what if rather than having to buy or earn another catalyst, etc. we could just spend some resources to get more use of some(not necessarily unlimited reusage but some form of direct transfer from the normal frames to its primed version). 

You... could just get the Prime version without investing on the regular then and that's it? You pretty much gave yourself the solution on that second line.
If the frame already has one, farm it, if it is about to, hold your horses until the time comes, and if it's vaulted... farm platinum to buy it, or ask in chat if someone can help you farm it.

Of course that what you propose sounds unfair, DE did massive improvements for F2P players (like me) to get resources that normally would come exclusively from sporadic alerts or RNG based missions like daily sorties, as Catalysts, Adapters and Reactors are by putting them as part of Nightwave years ago, and now Acrythis too.

Now then, I understand you perhaps do not have that many frames, so unlike someone who has all of them, you find yourself having to choose which one to put these upgrades on, and simultaneously would like to try some you missed after coming back to the game which already has a primed variant... but that redirects me again to what I've mentioned above, just get it if you can and if not, buy it / ask for help to get it, there's no point on investing on the normal and then asking for a free transfer of the spent resources to the Prime if the Prime is already available and you know it.
And that also redirects me to the second point that obtaining said resources is much easier now as there are more sources to obtain them from.

Were it like it used to before Nightwave, I could perhaps have agreed, but now? Nope.

Edited by (PSN)Pablogamer585

As much as I would personally like this, I can't help but view this as unrealistic and highly unlikely unfortunately. 

Such systems aren't designed or implemented lightly. A lot of the game, using a FTP model is about encouraging and motivating spending real money or engaging with the game with time and effort, or ideally both. Also to be clear, you are definitely not the only player that feels that way... and I sympathise, and even empathise a little, just in different ways. I'm the kind of player that never uses Mega Elixirs... but the way a lot of Warframe is set up, is to try and encourage and get you to expend resources. Though also in a way which can feel like you have too little, too often... if you go the free route... Like if you had infinite catalysts, forma, etc would you need a recovery feature? 

So its also fair to feel this way, but alternatively... What do you enjoy about Warframe? For myself and probably a lot, we enjoy Warframes. Like Citrine is likely my most used Warframe of this. Yes in 3 years, its possibly, that when Citrine Prime is released, I'll mourn the loss of a Catalyst and a few Forma... but... I have played and enjoyed using Citrine a lot already... let alone two more years minimum. Personally? I would feel worse having to wait for Citrine Prime just because of that worry about that perceived sense of loss. Gauss is one of my most used Warframes, and one of my favs... he is getting a Prime soon, does that devalue or invalidate or the fun I have already had? 

To be clear, I am not saying that you or others should think or play like I do... thats the thing about preferences and opinions. We are all a bit different. In 15 years, will the Prime version having a Catalyst even matter either? Depends on the person and what makes us happy. If you would rather wait, thats perfectly valid and fair, but if you think you would have fun in the mean time... 

Never gonna happen. Either put a potato in and enjoy the frame for however long it is until you get the prime (or it is released) and don't stress about it, or wait until the prime happens. If you let the choice paralysis get to you, you'll never do anything and it will only get worse as more is added to the game. If you just absolutely can't make the choice without agonizing about it, play a linear game that's not being constantly updated and don't save all your best health potions until you've beaten the final boss in an RPG and never used any of them.

12 hours ago, (NSW)SayZer0 said:

I guess this sense of hesitation is one of DE's ways to encourage players to buy plats (tho some could also just farm for them)

Exactly.  But whether we buy or farm, both results are good as far as they're concerned.

3 hours ago, (NSW)SayZer0 said:

But I just wondered what if rather than having to buy or earn another catalyst, etc. we could just spend some resources to get more use of some(not necessarily unlimited reusage but some form of direct transfer from the normal frames to its primed version). 

Maybe, although I think what's more likely to happen is more sources of these items, rather than going through the whole song & dance of adding a salvaging mechanic.   But whatever it is, you can't really expect something like that to merely cost resources that just pile up, near passively.  For a more realistic model, look at the NW or Acrithis shops.  You can straight up buy Reactors, but it's going to involve  resources that are in very short supply, that you'll want for other things too. (At least for a long time.)

IOW, it still comes back to getting people to farm or buy.

10 hours ago, (PSN)Pablogamer585 said:

You... could just get the Prime version without investing on the regular then and that's it? You pretty much gave yourself the solution on that second line.
If the frame already has one, farm it, if it is about to, hold your horses until the time comes, and if it's vaulted... farm platinum to buy it, or ask in chat if someone can help you farm it.

Of course that what you propose sounds unfair, DE did massive improvements for F2P players (like me) to get resources that normally would come exclusively from sporadic alerts or RNG based missions like daily sorties, as Catalysts, Adapters and Reactors are by putting them as part of Nightwave years ago, and now Acrythis too.

Now then, I understand you perhaps do not have that many frames, so unlike someone who has all of them, you find yourself having to choose which one to put these upgrades on, and simultaneously would like to try some you missed after coming back to the game which already has a primed variant... but that redirects me again to what I've mentioned above, just get it if you can and if not, buy it / ask for help to get it, there's no point on investing on the normal and then asking for a free transfer of the spent resources to the Prime if the Prime is already available and you know it.
And that also redirects me to the second point that obtaining said resources is much easier now as there are more sources to obtain them from.

Were it like it used to before Nightwave, I could perhaps have agreed, but now? Nope.

My main way of obtaining catalysts before was buying them with plat or farming them from alerts and invasions as well as sorties (tho I rarely got them as I somehow almost always got Ayatans and endos lol)

If obtaining them is really much easier now, then I can see why having this helminth feature would seem too unfair or unnecessary. My POV regarding this suggestion was that of an older one (around before nightwave). I guess I just haven't really explored how much Nightwave offers (I just got back to Warframe last month from years of inactivity).

Edited by (NSW)SayZer0

hace 25 minutos, (NSW)SayZer0 dijo:

I just got back to Warframe last month from years of inactivity.

That explains it then. If you want reactors & catalysers then Nightwave's backstore is indeed the way to go!
You can get a tater of each kind for 75 Nora Rep with no daily/weekly limit, only depends on how much creds you have saved.

Exilus Adapters though, are still a bit trickier to obtain.
They may appear on Acrythis, a new vendor you might find as part of a new zone of the game called the Zariman, more specifically on the section called "Dormizone", which, is your own personal suite pretty much, but also on the newest "Open world" which is Duviri, near the extraction zone (100% of the times) or sometimes around the map marked with a orange symbol (randomly).
Acrythis' wares do rotate weekly and can include Exilus Adapters, Catalysers, Reactors, and other goodies as well.
Stills, the best source to get them is Simaris, as if you have enough mastery rank to get 25k syndicate reputation daily, that means every two days you can buy an Exilus Adapter blueprint.

So, armed with this knowledge now you may enjoy many more frames without having to worry about having a hard time getting a reactor for the next!

Edited by (PSN)Pablogamer585
A bit more info about Acrythis' whereabouts.

On 2023-12-06 at 4:13 AM, (NSW)SayZer0 said:

DE: granted

new item "Potato Peeler" removes and recovers an installed orokin catalyst/reactor, item is Consumed in use.

available in Market for 20p each

• Like 2

2 hours ago, (PSN)haphazardlynamed said:

DE: granted

new item "Potato Peeler" removes and recovers an installed orokin catalyst/reactor, item is Consumed in use.

available in Market for 20p each

I can practically hear the sarcastic tone from this post.

Forma are fine as they are, imo! They already give them out like candy on Halloween whenever we get plague stars, and forma guarantees that void fissures/storms stay alive and well so you never have to struggle to find a squad,

Only time I really hesitate about forma-ing or slapping a potato in a frame is if they're due for being primed very, very soon. Sometimes I bite the bullet and do it anyways!

Also, potatoes are no longer a rare item. As long as you aren't blatantly ignoring Nightwave, you'll end up with plenty of potatoes before you even hit rank 31+! I usually make sure I have at least one of each so that way I have a spare when I start building something new without scrambling last minute to get one.

Edited by Flannoit