The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Nightwave is Boring Now. Permanent Weekly Acts Lack Variety!

(PSN)haphazardlynamed

New Nightwave system, 3 of the weekly acts are now permanently replaced with:

complete missions, kill stuff, kill stuff

THIS is BORING!

I'm going to do those things Anyway!

Bring back some Interesting Challenges, that actually motivate me to Do Something Different!

Since the change, Sunday evening I'm already done with the Very Brief Unique Challenges. Now all that's left for the rest of week is the 'permanent' ones, just passively completing.

-Just boring grind, nothing fun to look forward to.

How about make those 'permanent acts' Supplemental? Instead of replacing existing challenges for the week?

Edited by (PSN)haphazardlynamed
  • Like 4

14 minutes ago, (PSN)haphazardlynamed said:

THIS is BORING!

I'm pretty sure this was the intent - you passively complete the permanent challenges just by playing the game every week, as opposed to "do this one hyperfixated task in this content island that you don't want to do, but otherwise wouldn't do unless nightwave told you to". Whether that's good or bad depends on the person, but I like the change - passively earning progress for engaging with the game, and it not telling me exactly what mission to do, is better for how I play it.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, (PSN)haphazardlynamed said:

THIS is BORING!

Bring back some Interesting Challenges, that actually motivate me to Do Something Different!

Not saying you're one of those people, but I've so often seen complaints about NW precisely because it made people "do something different".

And the complaints about NW being boring are perpetual, not  limited to this revised version of it.

49 minutes ago, (PSN)haphazardlynamed said:

Yeah, that's perfect for the Warframe Community.
That's all they know. Introduce anything more complicated and they fall apart like wet toilet paper.
A soggy mess that nobody wants.

I mean, I ain't exactly fond of the whole "Go to [XYZ] for [ABC]" when it's super out of the way.
(LOOKING AT YOU, OPEN WORLD CONDITIONS.)
At the same time? These super-simple requirements aren't much better.

At this point, I'd prefer the overhaul Nightwave entirely with a "Here's some standing for playing stylish."
Slap a "Style Counter" (ULTRAKILL, Devil May Cry, Bayonetta, etc, etc.) on the side, encourage some diversity in your gameplay and-- viola!
Infinite gameplay.

Will people find ways to cheese it? Probably.
Is it more fun than what we have now? Yeah.
Good enough for me!

48 minutes ago, Circle_of_Psi said:

I mean, you pretty much summed up Warframe right here ngl.

I blame the community for that.

Kinda hard to make anything fun when people refuse to let go of things like Revenant's Mesmer Skin, but at the same time demand better bosses and interesting mechanics.
You can't have interesting gameplay while neutering said gameplay entirely with a glorified invincibility button. One of them has to go.

But sadly-- that'll never happen. DE is too focused on catering on players who can't even handle more than 6 enemies on screen let alone more than one button.
Especially with the Mobile version crawling it's rancid head out of the sewers it's spawning from. Please do not let Mobile have crossplay. The less instances with 6-digit ping ranges, the better.

One of them will have to change and unfortunately, the lobotomized morons who advocate for "Buff not nerf!" are also extremely prone to getting scammed from things like the Heirloom Packs.
That means profit and profit numbs the feeling. Can't have emotions nowadays, that's a baaaaaad thing!

32 minutes ago, Tiltskillet said:

Not saying you're one of those people, but I've so often seen complaints about NW precisely because it made people "do something different".

Both sides are boring.

Before, we went to super-specific locations and did the bare minimum.
Now, we do the bare minimum everywhere.

Let's be real here, both situations are a result of the community getting lazy.
Too lazy to go further, too lazy to be creative in the usual slog.

A inverted balance that's a lose-lose situation for literally everyone.
This is what happens when you truly try to "incorporate all the audiences" into your game.
You get this massive plate of nothing-wafers. A vast array of content for few, but never all.

Gameplay, but often no meaning behind it.
Loot, but nothing satisfying to use it on.
Graphics, but ones that lose their luster quickly.
Music, but tracks that we eventually turn off in favor of our own.
Story, but it gets pulled in so many directions.
Community, but it's often turned toxic in what is ignored to make it function on a daily basis.

Many online service games have these issues in some form. The better ones have them less.
Warframe has all of these.

The biggest one is "gameplay".

25 minutes ago, (XBOX)K1jker said:

It bored me even when it had story.. 

I could live a happy life without nightwave and it's fomo..

While I did like the stories for the little bit of interactivity they brought? Without the stories, it's just a battle pass and nothing more.

The "FOMO" aspect I greatly dislike. I do approve of them bringing these items back, but it'd be nicer if they were just a store-item for most of them.
Genuinely, I keep having to buy consumables or mods because everything else is a one-time-purchase or irrelevant.
The only things I'm buying from Nightwave are things to pawn off to other players... which is not good, because that's what a LOT of other players are doing too.

... to be fair though, very little in this game really needs to remain locked behind arbitrary doors unless it's some third-party promo.
Such as the Console-Exclusive Bundled skins, even if I have my own choice words for those.

Things like the Verv and Iridos skins, the Paradismo Armor set, Boomie Glaive Skin?
All those can just be moved to Prime Resurgence.

I'm fine with "Exclusive" so long as it has the ability to come back at some point.
Because otherwise it's just conceited, prideful gloating.

Paid or not, it's often how much "FOMO" a game employs on if I wanna play it or not.

• Like 2

I think the point of the permanent acts is lower the bar so that players can reach Rank 30 in a season without ever needing to actually progress to unlock the content that so many challenges require. It's probably a part of their alternative to "story skip".

I much rather do several "permanent act" type challenges with 0 variety than the entire system just be a bunch of chores for all the content islands I have already completed to be quite honest. Nightwave is something that should just progress as you play normally, not something you should have to go out of your way to do. It's a very fair battle-pass, but it's still ridden with inconsistencies and annoyances like that.

Edited by Voltage
  • Like 1

Not quite sure what difference there is between kill xxx enemies vs go do this one specific mission type where you kill enemies x times on the 'fun to boring scale'. Time completion isn't really any different, the challenges in general do not take long to complete, some are just annoying or provide zero reward other than the Nightwave completion. Previously some challenges appeared basically every week, unless to you doing the same task on a different 'open map' is somehow different. I personally like the change, as I would just skip most of them.

Nightwave wasn't meant to be the main reason to play, like a proper 'battle pass', it's meant to be a way to be rewarded for playing the game while providing small bits of story, which of course that part was scrapped.

I wasn’t here when it had story, I think I probably would have not cared for it then though. Sounds a little bit like Destiny’s seasons in that respect and I hate that model especially for story telling.

Nightwave from my perspective is just a battle pass. A mostly passive checklist of things to do and some rewards for encouraging you to login - and that’s cool. That’s all I’d want it to be and that’s all I really want out of a battle pass. I largely ignore the one in Genshin because of the fairly heavy activity and event requirements that force you to do a lot of things you might not want to. Frankly I’d like it even more if it was just tied to affinity or something and even more passive 😂

Edited by (PSN)FirmBizkit

hace 5 horas, Binket_ dijo:

I mean, I ain't exactly fond of the whole "Go to [XYZ] for [ABC]" when it's super out of the way.
(LOOKING AT YOU, OPEN WORLD CONDITIONS.)
At the same time? These super-simple requirements aren't much better.

At this point, I'd prefer the overhaul Nightwave entirely with a "Here's some standing for playing stylish."
Slap a "Style Counter" (ULTRAKILL, Devil May Cry, Bayonetta, etc, etc.) on the side, encourage some diversity in your gameplay and-- viola!
Infinite gameplay.

Will people find ways to cheese it? Probably.
Is it more fun than what we have now? Yeah.
Good enough for me!

That seems tedious to me.
At this point it is pure subjectivity, some prefer it to be complementary to what they always do and others prefer it to be something that encourages them to try new things.

Edited by --Leyenda-yight6