Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Never seen Warframe THIS smooth. how do i achieve this?

Lady-Raven

idk if im allowed to post links but this Voruna video is silk smooth and wondered if anyone knows how to achieve the same performance.

Edit: thank you guys for the suggestions, i've messed around with G-sync and V-sync and it helped the gameplay become much smoother. motion blur + screen also makes the game look and feel nicer.

THE SOLUTION: i followed Chaos.Blades guide and the game is butter smooth like the video! :D
thanks everyone and Chaos.Blade <3

Edited by Lady-Raven
added the solution

Well, one surefire way to make the Warframe experience 'smooth', regardless of your graphics settings, is to play only around level 45 or so, for really quick kills. It really does make room clearing very, very easy and smooth.

That said... for Warframe's graphics, you really can crank them up to insane settings if you have the computing hardware for it. You just have to be ready to pay for that hardware.

vor 16 Minuten schrieb Lady-Raven:

Guys i have 3080 with Ryzen cpu 😭

my game slightly stutters 80% of the time and the video feels like butter compare to mine is it just me? :(

I only log in after 3 liters of beer. everything is fun.

1 more liter and then the pew pew starts!

Edited by Venus-Venera

2 hours ago, Lady-Raven said:

Guys i have 3080 with Ryzen cpu 😭

my game slightly stutters 80% of the time and the video feels like butter compare to mine is it just me? :(

Hmm... that could be something to do with your settings, then.

Adjusting to a fixed frame-rate to match up with your monitor, turning off some of the unnecessary options to do with the different visual settings... Let's see what I have to keep things clean...

[One log in later]

So a few ideas. L

Turning off Warframe's own V-synch and letting the graphics card handle that.
Capping your framerate to your monitor's max (mine's at 144hz because it literally can't go higher). 
Using the Enhanced version of the Graphics Engine, which most things can be on High, but setting the Anti-Aliasing to SMAA (medium)
Tuning down the Anisotropic Filtering to only 2x and turning off the Trilinear Filtering (Warframe's pretty smooth on textures, so you don't really need to clean up the transitions between them too often).
Setting your Ambient Occlusion settings (SSAO Quality) to Medium instead of High.
You have the option to turn off the High Shader Quality (which can have a significant effect)
Turning off Distortions, Glare, Film Grain and Bloom. Although Motion Blur is something I turn off, doing that is a preference and has a negative effect on performance.

That's not precisely a comprehensive list, but those are ones I've found have some of the most effect on your performance.

And I only have a 2080, so if mine doesn't stutter, then... yeah.

A great idea for you is to turn on the 'Show FPS' option, because it may even be that the stuttering isn't actually being caused by Warframe, it could be outputting a solid 144FPS, but your machine could be displaying it poorly because of other interference.

One of my biggest PC bug-bears was the Xbox Game Bar trying to interfere. Turning off all the built-in gaming functions on Windows can improve any game that's not owned by Windows or installed via their App.

• Like 3

6 hours ago, Lady-Raven said:

idk if im allowed to post links but this Voruna video is silk smooth and wondered if anyone knows how to achieve the same performance.

120hz for starters if I’m not mistaken.  Something a peasant like myself has only ever experienced on my phone screen 🤣🤣🤣

Edited by (PSN)FirmBizkit

On 2023-12-09 at 2:17 PM, (PSN)FirmBizkit said:

You sure? Is YT not capable? I always notice game videos look a lot smoother on my phone than the TV. Is this just due to a smaller picture?

Shrinking pictures always tightens them up, yeah. Think about seeing thumbnails versus a larger picture or seeing something in real life. Unless it's a really good picture of something that's flawless or massive in scale, smaller pictures tend to look better and hide flaws.

On 2023-12-09 at 3:17 PM, (PSN)FirmBizkit said:

You sure? Is YT not capable? I always notice game videos look a lot smoother on my phone than the TV. Is this just due to a smaller picture?

There are certain tweaks you can do to minimize Youtube's compression degradation. Higher Hz does translate but only slightly.
The more important aspect is to publish your video at 50 Mbps. Yes, upload a 1GB video and there's a notable difference after compression.

It of course depends on your resolution. I run 3440x1440p which puts 50 well above premium quality recording.

On 2023-12-09 at 1:07 PM, Birdframe_Prime said:

One of my biggest PC bug-bears was the Xbox Game Bar trying to interfere. Turning off all the built-in gaming functions on Windows can improve any game that's not owned by Windows or installed via their App.

^This

You reminded me I need to delete the game bar

Thank you fellow random Tenno

• Like 1