Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

I miss Ash's old blade storm. Can we get it back?

(PSN)JunsuiNisshokuXD

I rarely use Ash nowadays because I find his blade storm hard to use in a squad. My team mates would always kill my marked targets first before I can fire it off. Back in the old days of Warframe, we just need to press his Ult button and off he goes killing every one in the room. I know it was a broken ability of his but what if we put a different restriction other than marking enemies. We can probably just make his blade storm a line of sight or put a limit to 5 to 10 enemies he would strike. heck, I'll even take a cooldown on it just to avoid the spam of it.

Please consider changing the current blade storm. I just don't find it fun to use it

• Like 3

Nope, a reversion to the previous version is just not going to happen. It was changed for alot of reasons, not just for the sake of it, and those reasons would still exist. It may get a rework in the future, but its unlikely to go back. Same as Mesas Peacemaker. Sure the old one was fun, but it was changed for good reasons and its not going to go back.

• Like 3

The main reason for the change in Ash's bladestorm was the animation lock (despite being cool af) and the fact it also locked the enemies in an invulnerable state until your clone kills it.

Honestly - I would take back previous Ash's Bladestorm, but with very minor tweaks :

- Hit 4 to bladestorm up to X enemies surrounding you (I don't remember if there was a cap with the previous one, but definitely it shouldn't perform a Finisher on all enemies in range to not be too OP). Maybe this number could be increased conditionally to being stealthed to give some sort of synergy to Ash

- See the finisher animation but just once and not once per enemy to not be animation-locked for 50 seconds

And that's it

The marking stuff is OK but too limited and it doesn't work in squads unless you're hitting level 3k enemies without armor reduction in your team, in which case your bladestorm will do jack S#&$ as well

Maybe not to the old version in full form (I wasn't around at the time, so I don't know the full details of it), but at least just have it as a channeled ability that randomly targets enemies in view and deals execute damage to them one enemy at a time.  They could even add something like a one second internal global to it to keep it balanced or something.

Ultimately, I just don't like the whole "aiming" middleman part when we already have plenty of frames that can Thanos snap whole rooms out of existence.

Edited by Raarsi

Another idea would be to just change it a charging skill

- Rather than marking enemies manually with your cursor. Holding down his 4th ability button will make Ash enter into a stance. Any enemies in front of him within a certain range will get marked (like a missile launcher lock in on to multiple targets) Releasing the button will make Ash and his clones strike the marked enemies at the same time. Dealing Slash damage. Max 10 targets

OR

- Holding down his 4th ability button will make Ash enter into a stance. A targeting circle will start expanding from his center. The circle will start expanding from to 10m to 25m. Any enemies caught within that circle will get marked. Releasing the button on marked enemies will make Ash and his clones strike the marked targets at the same time. Dealing Slash damage. Max 10 targets

• 2 weeks later...

the only change that should happen to its bladestorm is that the actual targeting system has to go, make it similar to Ember 4th ability where you click it and the clones targets instantly a X number of enemies in the zone.

the actual bladestorm is better (the damage is a LOT better), the targeting system is the only problem. it is too slow and unusable in public lobbies. Also DE should Fix the bug where if the clones gets the kill directly with its finisher damage, and the enemies doesn't die by the slash procs it doesn't count in the leaderboard, you as player do not get the kill or the damage for it.

Its called "bladestorm" I always felt like the same attacks it does now should be changed to an ability where as your attacking with a melee weapon the clones will auto attack enemies near who you just hit. We can still let it attack enemies from the range it used to be just now it wont lock down 30 enemies at once but instead a trickle in of extra kills/melee hits. I always kinda envisioned it being like naruto summoning clones in the middle of a fight to deal with other enemies at the same time

There was a point where you just hit 4 and the clones spazzed out in a radius around you, leaving you free to do things.

Then it was changed to you having to mark targets repeatedly. Now you just have to pass your cursor over it once. And people still kind regard it poorly.

Next it'll be an automatic mark on everything currently on screen.