Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Are DE giving founders special treatement?

Doomyo89

3 hours ago, InfestedMonkey said:

Stop getting upset over the way they handle founders, those people funded this game when major publishers shut the door on DE...
I LOVED Dark Sector when it came out, had I known DE was working on another project that became this game just one year earlier, I would have been a founder. I have no hate for them or their exclusivity. they helped build and shape this game.

This is simply IMO, but why show hate for those who took the gamble and got paid off very well in the end? Don't get me wrong I get super jealous, especially over Excal but I wasn't there for the chance. So I sulk in silence because crying about it does nothing for anyone.

yeah 10 years ago... theres alot people who arent founders giving DE a money via cosmetics bundles jne... just because they arent founders they are in DEs eyes nobody and getting everything last? and you cant just order me to not get upset... its my emotion and i have right to use it.. 

21 minutes ago, Doomyo89 said:

yeah 10 years ago... theres alot people who arent founders giving DE a money via cosmetics bundles jne... just because they arent founders they are in DEs eyes nobody and getting everything last? and you cant just order me to not get upset... its my emotion and i have right to use it.. 

lol, calm down kid. Patience is a virtue that you clearly don't possess.
DE shows their community a lot of love. Yet you feel unloved by them simply because you didn't take the founders leap of faith. I don't feel disrespected by this company at all. If it upsets you, stop playing. This is a trend that they will probably never break. Simply put, the founders are just that, the FOUNDERS. They built this game with the devs. Crying about it gets you nowhere and makes you look pathetic. You seem to feel personally attacked, and honestly, it's funny to watch. They are handling this launch very appropriately and others before me have explained it to you much better. 

And I can tell you to do whatever I want. Just like I can't control your unbalanced emotions over a VIDEO GAME that is FREE and you put money towards it on your own accord, you can't stop me from saying what I want to you except by walking away from the conversation or by continuing to embarrass yourself. 

• Like 6

37 minutes ago, Doomyo89 said:

And to relate to you a bit, I was a console player for a while, MR17 I think is where I left off a few years ago before I jumped over to PC. I was irritated because the PC could move over to the console but the console couldn't move over to the PC. What did I do? Instead of continuing to cry about it, I started a new PC account to play on a better system and still enjoy my favorite game while also supporting my favorite developers. I never thought I would have anything to do with my Xbox account again until they announced to my surprise the merging. now I just need to wait maybe a few more weeks and I'll have access to some stuff left on my Xbox account that I never leveled on my PC account plus a nice chunk of mats and a few other items.

Grow up and get patient.

• Like 5

20 minutes ago, (PSN)Joylesstuna said:

Why should there be issues with something they have been working on for years and decided when they will release it? How do you know there "should be issues"? See how stupid that sounds?

Maybe instead of being so focused on wanting to call people stupid, take your own advice and listen to how -you- sound yourself.

You've played Warframe long enough to know bugs are a common part of the experience. Don't suddenly act like your expectations were betrayed because it's not perfect.
Obviously it has issues, and DE has very openly stated that fact multiple times over the years. Therefore it's not released to -everyone- because who wants a massive Holiday catastrophe?

That is the whole point of this founder-first dripgate live beta-testing. 

• Like 7

1 minute ago, InfestedMonkey said:

Honestly makes me want to buy a switch after its dropped so i can play WF on the go any time VIA hotspot.

Honestly just get a Steam Deck at this point... Switch is nice but it can be pretty awful at times in terms of performance.

4 minutes ago, El-Neko said:

Honestly just get a Steam Deck at this point... Switch is nice but it can be pretty awful at times in terms of performance.

lol I want Nintendo games too... I REALLY wanna try the latest Zelda. but in all reality i dont even have time for any of it, i barely have time for this game anymore.

56 minutes ago, kamisama85 said:

Maybe instead of being so focused on wanting to call people stupid, take your own advice and listen to how -you- sound yourself.

You've played Warframe long enough to know bugs are a common part of the experience. Don't suddenly act like your expectations were betrayed because it's not perfect.
Obviously it has issues, and DE has very openly stated that fact multiple times over the years. Therefore it's not released to -everyone- because who wants a massive Holiday catastrophe?

That is the whole point of this founder-first dripgate live beta-testing. 

That dude comes after people all the time, they deserve it.

6 hours ago, Doomyo89 said:

You can absolutely feel however you want to feel but getting upset isnt gonna change anything.

And letting yourself get pissy in not constructive ways isnt gonna help anything either.

Look, if they gave cross save to founders and then sat on their hands for 6 months for no apparent reason I'd be upset too. 

Im not a software engineer and i dont know what DE can and cant do but i do know for a fact that sometimes somebody's account will get buggered in some way or something will glitch or someone will accidently get deleted and the player can send a support ticket to DE and have them undo it.

but that takes time for somebody to manually read the ticket, look into it, and do whatever has to be done.

I dont know how many founders are still around. 

but it would be a big enough mess if something went wrong for that subset of people.

It could be a disaster if something went wrong for ALL OF US and not just them, at once. 

The stated intention by Rebecca is that the roll out will be days, not weeks not months so i humbly suggest not getting worked up.

5 hours ago, (PSN)Joylesstuna said:

Why should there be issues with something they have been working on for years and decided when they will release it? How do you know there "should be issues"? See how stupid that sounds?

I dont know, why do giant multi billion dollar companies like Ford or Chevy or Toyota or GMC screw up and occasionally have to issue recalls to thousands upon thousands of vehicles?

Why did Bungie, a multi billion dollar studio with a way bigger budget than DE who i think was still backed up by a multi billion dollar publisher at the time, have such a bad problem they had to roll back the servers a whole week for the entire player base. TWICE? A week's worth of progress gone for literally the entire community and then the same thing like a week later. 

Why do multi billion dollar companies like android or apple or microsoft routinely have software bugs or security vulnerabilities that need to be addressed even if the software has been out for literally years and they've been in the industry for DECADES. 

I'll tell you why. Because **** happens.

As for them being the ones to decide when to release it, implying theyre releasing it too soon, my guy, they didnt really release it yet. This is basically still a beta. Because they decided it needed to be tested before going live for everyone that was literally the whole point.

i dont know how many testers they have but you cant compare a closed testing environment with however many people to "going live". Something is gonna get missed or somebody will managed to create a condition that nobody realized was possible before.

On 2023-12-15 at 8:28 PM, (PSN)Joylesstuna said:

They have been “cooking” this for years. There shouldn’t be this many issues when they decided to actually launch it. It’s not a good thing basic issues are still creeping up.

Sure in a perfect world there wouldnt be issues but we dont live in a perfect world and here we are. 

If i was the CEO of DE id much rather have people get mad about the wait and have it launch reasonably well than cause a train wreck that pisses everyone off far more.

See above too. It aint like DE is the only company to ever have issues. I really dont think its that simple.

Edited by (XBOX)ECCHO SIERRA
  • Like 3

11 hours ago, InfestedMonkey said:

lol, calm down kid. Patience is a virtue that you clearly don't possess.
DE shows their community a lot of love. Yet you feel unloved by them simply because you didn't take the founders leap of faith. I don't feel disrespected by this company at all. If it upsets you, stop playing. This is a trend that they will probably never break. Simply put, the founders are just that, the FOUNDERS. They built this game with the devs. Crying about it gets you nowhere and makes you look pathetic. You seem to feel personally attacked, and honestly, it's funny to watch. They are handling this launch very appropriately and others before me have explained it to you much better. 

And I can tell you to do whatever I want. Just like I can't control your unbalanced emotions over a VIDEO GAME that is FREE and you put money towards it on your own accord, you can't stop me from saying what I want to you except by walking away from the conversation or by continuing to embarrass yourself. 

"stop playing" well i cant even play because i need a gross save... i have been waiting a year and thats valid reason why im upset about DEs decision to put Founders first that did something that happen 10 years ago... i have also give DE money in plat bundles so do i myself deserve some kinda of treatement that shows they are thankful for it? game being free dosent mean i cant gritize their actions and it dosent mean their are off hook... i have been patient about everthing warframe since 2016 i have been waiting years of railjack, fortune, new war, imagine that kinda of wait all of time... when fortune launched i couldnt play warframe for months because uptade was so poorly launched MY COMPUTER COULDNT RUN IT... i cant just anymore be patient about this that has been run out... if you think its pathetic to like this game so much you want to enjoy it and not wait weeks or months to finally play it because DE wants please a founders first thats fine by me i dont need a approval to be upset. 

Lol, the paranoia in this post. Cross-save (not Gross save) is a complex feature. A LOT of things can go wrong no matter how well you tested it internally. They take old databases, going a decade back, that weren't build for merging probably and adapt a system to merge it with other bases (from other platforms). A lot of connections in those bases that need to be replicated and merged.

So, it makes perfect sense to roll it out in portions instead of all at once. Smaller changes easier to revert/restore/monitor. And founders is as good a group to test it on as any other - it's well defined and small enough. What would you suggest instead, roll it out all at once and when something goes wrong have MASSIVE consequences? Or should have they called you and rolled it out for you specifically? For all intended purposes cross-save haven't released yet. As far as I know - even founders don't have it now, the feature was disabled until Monday due to problems discovered.

Цитата

An update to Cross Platform Save: We did a soft & silent launch for Founders without announcement and found a major issue with Clan handoff and have since disabled further Cross Platform Save action. We will update you on our Socials, Forums, and Red Text on Monday for the next steps. We apologize, but we don't want to leave this live over the weekend.

• Like 3

On 2023-12-15 at 4:38 PM, Doomyo89 said:

so i apologize if i mad rn... 

Apology accepted, but no founders are not getting special treatment. They are, however, a small and distinct group by which the Developers (DE) can work through the various bugs and glitches that may occur during the rollout. 

I am sure the challenges are many, and while this doesn't affect me directly, it affects people I know and enjoy playing with. So it is thus important to me as it is them. 

I hope the cross-save rolls out for everyone soon and I empathize with your frustration, though I know it touched a nerve for a few. I hope this helps. 

5 minutes ago, YoRHa_8S said:

Lol, the paranoia in this post. Cross-save (not Gross save) is a complex feature. A LOT of things can go wrong no matter how well you tested it internally. They take old databases, going a decade back, that weren't build for merging probably and adapt a system to merge it with other bases (from other platforms). A lot of connections in those bases that need to be replicated and merged.

So, it makes perfect sense to roll it out in portions instead of all at once. Smaller changes easier to revert/restore/monitor. And founders is as good a group to test it on as any other - it's well defined and small enough. What would you suggest instead, roll it out all at once and when something goes wrong have MASSIVE consequences? Or should have they called you and rolled it out for you specifically? For all intended purposes cross-save haven't released yet. As far as I know - even founders don't have it now, the feature was disabled until Monday due to problems discovered.

I think it makes sense, it's a controlled group, the way this thread has gone is hey let's roll it out all at once and screw it to hell, when the database gets that corrupted and the backup fails as well, DE either decides to shut the game down or we all get reset and start all over again. :tongue:

The way some have reacted it's a 

Spoiler

zQdpo.jpg

against them.

It's the same with the last specs update players with a potato PC or Console have been left behind unless they get an updated computer or console.

• Like 1

Non-Founders: "OMG DE is favoring the Founders!"

Me, a Founder: "crap crap crap crap crap please don't pick me please don't pick me please don't me... DE please don't brick my account over the weekend and make it so I can't farm the new content, please please please..."

• Like 5

7 hours ago, Doomyo89 said:

"stop playing" well i cant even play because i need a gross save... i have been waiting a year and thats valid reason why im upset about DEs decision to put Founders first that did something that happen 10 years ago... i have also give DE money in plat bundles so do i myself deserve some kinda of treatement that shows they are thankful for it? game being free dosent mean i cant gritize their actions and it dosent mean their are off hook... i have been patient about everthing warframe since 2016 i have been waiting years of railjack, fortune, new war, imagine that kinda of wait all of time... when fortune launched i couldnt play warframe for months because uptade was so poorly launched MY COMPUTER COULDNT RUN IT... i cant just anymore be patient about this that has been run out... if you think its pathetic to like this game so much you want to enjoy it and not wait weeks or months to finally play it because DE wants please a founders first thats fine by me i dont need a approval to be upset. 

Mo, what is pathetic is your sense of entitlement to a FREE game that the company owes you NOTHING for. I've been playing Warframe since 2014, and I've been through all the same major updates. if your pc couldn't handle Fortuna that's honestly on you for the most part. My PC was damn near a budget build for years and this is the only game that has ever ran semi flawlessly for me. Devs can't account for the BILLIONS of PC setups. It happens with all PC games. Clearly trying to talk with you is like trying to explain to my son that Christmas is in December and won't come any sooner when he asks me in June. you show absolutely NO patience with accusing the devs of treating you poorly because they are handling this feature not how YOU want. lol whatever kid, git gud. 

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, InfestedMonkey said:

Mo, what is pathetic is your sense of entitlement to a FREE game that the company owes you NOTHING for. I've been playing Warframe since 2014, and I've been through all the same major updates. if your pc couldn't handle Fortuna that's honestly on you for the most part. My PC was damn near a budget build for years and this is the only game that has ever ran semi flawlessly for me. Devs can't account for the BILLIONS of PC setups. It happens with all PC games. Clearly trying to talk with you is like trying to explain to my son that Christmas is in December and won't come any sooner when he asks me in June. you show absolutely NO patience with accusing the devs of treating you poorly because they are handling this feature not how YOU want. lol whatever kid, git gud. 

why are you so hostile? be calm my friend and we can have civilize discussion without calling me pathetic