Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

The Duviri we lost vs the duviri we got and an idea for more duviri content

(XBOX)CatalystCube

When the duviri trailer was first released back in 2019 it appeared nothing like what we got in 2023 when duviri released. It appeared alien, otherworldly, ethereal, grimdark, and grayscale. Though the duviri we got was still fun and interesting, the original aesthetic is something I am craving and I’m sure many other people are too. Whispers in the walls gives us a good look into the wider void landscape it has a vibe showing that there’s a lot more alien stuff out there that we haven’t seen yet. That’s why I propose a solution: give us a duviri tileset in grayscale, one that has a vibe of being neither inside of something nor outside almost like an giant vivarium in a garden, with an open-ish landscape with circular fractal patterns as terraces, Similar to the ones seen in the original duviri trailer, appearing as massive holes in the ground, and a hill in the background.

We can achieve this in the story by the man in the wall reconstructing a new duvirian landscape from the lost isles getting corrupted in the process. He thrusts it out somewhere perhaps in the origin system(but with black pin stars in outer space), the murmur landscape, or granums void. He makes a portal allowing duvirians to resettle it, but Wally has ulterior motives. . .

TLDR; I want an open word feel in a tileset, that looks like the 2019 Duviri trailer

Edited by (XBOX)CatalystCube
Change in titles focus
  • Like 1

• (XBOX)CatalystCube changed the title to The Duviri we lost and the duviri we got was nothing like what we saw

Actually, if you look at all of the latest mainline trailers, they do not match the timeline and activities of the actual game release. My theory is this is intentional and has to do with future releases. Even New War had a Tenno literally face to face with the Lotus and a giant horde of sentients. That is not what we played 

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, (PSN)GEN-Son_17 said:

Actually, if you look at all of the latest mainline trailers, they do not match the timeline and activities of the actual game release. My theory is this is intentional and has to do with future releases. Even New War had a Tenno literally face to face with the Lotus and a giant horde of sentients. That is not what we played 

I know, the original duviri just looked so cool I think it should come back some how I especially don’t want duviri to be a content island and I think this would be a good way to fix its isolation and it actually was shown to be implemented in game by a tweet Steve made but it never came to the final build :(

5 hours ago, (PSN)GEN-Son_17 said:

Even New War had a Tenno literally face to face with the Lotus and a giant horde of sentients. That is not what we played 

One of the (fairly close to release) trailers also showed an in-game cutscene of a Tenno arriving on the Plains of Eidolon via Archwing, then transferring out of their frame as they take in the devastation. No such scene appears in-game.

The splash screen for the update also shows some other things, such as the Orbiter falling from the sky, a pair of Scimitar Landing Crafts acting like fighter jets (while flying backwards, strangely enough) and, of all things, a Grineer submarine flying like a spaceship.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Corvid said:

One of the (fairly close to release) trailers also showed an in-game cutscene of a Tenno arriving on the Plains of Eidolon via Archwing, then transferring out of their frame as they take in the devastation. No such scene appears in-game.

The splash screen for the update also shows some other things, such as the Orbiter falling from the sky, a pair of Scimitar Landing Crafts acting like fighter jets (while flying backwards, strangely enough) and, of all things, a Grineer submarine flying like a spaceship.

All of that sounds just like something eluding to the whole 1999 stuff. Time travel, the interference involved and, perhaps, accessing the other scenarios of us that we saw fall during Wally's handshake. Wally has sight of these eternalism instances and we very well could be in for some fun with those. 

Ironically, I'm now starting to think all of our Sun/Moon/Middle choices will have us on different paths in an upcoming update. You very well may be the Tenno engaging the Lotus, while my Tenno gets caught in the void storm after the Lich fight. That would be hella cool if that were the case!

Saying "this is not what was advertised" is far too easy, and honestly shouldn't even be a blip on anyones radar. Can anyone properly and descriptively  explain what they mean when they say the old Duviri is different from what we got?

I've played a lot of Duviri since its release, and it's pretty spot on with the Trailer version that was advertised that everyone's referring to. The odd colouration of the world, the Void-Esque / Void Angel aesthetic structures etc.

Also just to clarify 2 things. Whispers in the walls doesn't introduce something more like "what was expected", it's presenting something upside down, literally. Its a replica of a city made of the same stone as The Wall, but everything is upside down. You should also walk outside the lab and look directly up.

Secondly, the idea earlier of Wally making their own Duviri makes no sense at all. Wally wasn't attempting to take over Duviri, he was trying to destroy it. And succeeding slowly based on the gradually disappearing islands. The Drifter created Duviri after all, Wally never wanted or asked for it.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, (PSN)MYKK678 said:

Saying "this is not what was advertised" is far too easy, and honestly shouldn't even be a blip on anyones radar. Can anyone properly and descriptively  explain what they mean when they say the old Duviri is different from what we got?

I've played a lot of Duviri since its release, and it's pretty spot on with the Trailer version that was advertised that everyone's referring to. The odd colouration of the world, the Void-Esque / Void Angel aesthetic structures etc.

Also just to clarify 2 things. Whispers in the walls doesn't introduce something more like "what was expected", it's presenting something upside down, literally. Its a replica of a city made of the same stone as The Wall, but everything is upside down. You should also walk outside the lab and look directly up.

Secondly, the idea earlier of Wally making their own Duviri makes no sense at all. Wally wasn't attempting to take over Duviri, he was trying to destroy it. And succeeding slowly based on the gradually disappearing islands. The Drifter created Duviri after all, Wally never wanted or asked for it.

In the first trailer we see the drifter using Tenno weaponry like the Tigris while we only get the sirocco as a gun. We also see what appears to be the Zariman fractal patterns almost everywhere in the landscape, in duviri we see circles and patterns similar to what we saw but not nearly as prominent or as spirally 🌀 as the zariman patterns. There’s also some concept art of thrax being more purple/indigo and bronze in Duviri concept art which I mean who doesn’t want a purple faction in warframe right? But again that’s just concept art but I’d still like to see that come in game. And lastly the greyscale, a black and white video game landscape is something you don’t see a lot, colors are still present but are used as highlights. The emotion calm is the closest we get but it’s more sepia than anything. 

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, (XBOX)CatalystCube said:

In the first trailer we see the drifter using Tenno weaponry like the Tigris while we only get the sirocco as a gun. We also see what appears to be the Zariman fractal patterns almost everywhere in the landscape, in duviri we see circles and patterns similar to what we saw but not nearly as prominent or as spirally 🌀 as the zariman patterns. There’s also some concept art of thrax being more purple/indigo and bronze in Duviri concept art which I mean who doesn’t want a purple faction in warframe right? But again that’s just concept art but I’d still like to see that come in game. And lastly the greyscale, a black and white video game landscape is something you don’t see a lot, colors are still present but are used as highlights. The emotion calm is the closest we get but it’s more sepia than anything. 

So a gun that was included to tease the connection between the Tenno and Drifter, some sort of Circles, and concept drawings that are likely about 8yrs old by now...

Just to be clear, we're supposed to brush aside the astounding amount of similarities between the original trailer and the Duviri that we got, because of those 3 details? Don't take this the wrong way I'm not trying to be harsh or diminish your opinion or anything, it's just when I asked the above question I was kind of expecting more. Details in games change over time, either by necessity or Lore or just general opinions/ideas that developers think are better. Famously theres the Hookman Demo of Resident Evil 4. I didn't mention the Black/White/Colour thing because I honestly have no idea what you're talking about, the trailer even showed colour bleeding out from the Zariman.

Was there anything else? Anything big that actually changed for you?

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, (PSN)MYKK678 said:

So a gun that was included to tease the connection between the Tenno and Drifter, some sort of Circles, and concept drawings that are likely about 8yrs old by now...

Just to be clear, we're supposed to brush aside the astounding amount of similarities between the original trailer and the Duviri that we got, because of those 3 details? Don't take this the wrong way I'm not trying to be harsh or diminish your opinion or anything, it's just when I asked the above question I was kind of expecting more. The trailer even showed colour bleeding out from the Zariman.

Was there anything else? Anything big that actually changed for you?

Honestly I’m mostly talking about the vibe, I just really wanted an otherworldly feel and got really excited about seeing a black and white landscape where color was used in important areas. The duviri we saw and the one we received still have a lot of similarities. Think of it like this if we hypothetically saw a trailer for an infested open world where it looked like the derelicts and we played as a human and then it shipped out and we saw it looked like the regular technocyte infestation and played as a warframe. Wouldn’t you say the vibe and general feel of the gameplay would be different?

• (XBOX)CatalystCube changed the title to The Duviri we lost vs the duviri we got and an idea for more duviri content
On 2023-12-17 at 1:21 AM, (PSN)GEN-Son_17 said:

i will forever hold the opinion that the New War was the Biggest fumble and let down in Warframes narrative, more so then shaping up and then abandoning Parvos granum

for years we knew we were gearing up for a inevitable war and showdown with the Sentiants, as All out war and invasion breaks out in the origin system, and wed likely have to set aside old grudges between Tenno and allies, Corpus, and Grineer to face it head on. creating a tumultious alliance. 

while what we actually got, isnt even a war, like the begining was a war and was truely grandiose in what it was setting up, and then.......it ends??? like 1 mission in and then from there is a personal story quest to unseat a dictator with lover issues and dealing with funky multiverse shenanighans.

i hope this new Narrative doesnt make the same shortcomings of TNW

• Like 1

8 hours ago, (XBOX)CatalystCube said:

Honestly I’m mostly talking about the vibe, I just really wanted an otherworldly feel and got really excited about seeing a black and white landscape where color was used in important areas. The duviri we saw and the one we received still have a lot of similarities. Think of it like this if we hypothetically saw a trailer for an infested open world where it looked like the derelicts and we played as a human and then it shipped out and we saw it looked like the regular technocyte infestation and played as a warframe. Wouldn’t you say the vibe and general feel of the gameplay would be different?

I would indeed. Theres absolutely no connection between the example you just gave and the Duviri situation from my perspective though.

I can't imagine anyone ever describing Duviri as looking like a normal place with all of the disconnected islands, the original architecture of the buildings, the landscape that warps in weird and strange ways (including the aforementioned "missing" circles) and the strange Void background that waves back and forth. Never mind the chilling ambient sounds. So alien? Check

Black and white with only certain things coloured? Check. I'm baffled this part is still in the discussion to be honest.

If it didn't live up to a version someone had in their head, that's something I can't possibly argue against and wouldn't try to. But that's not what's on the table here. The threads very clearly a "we were promised X and didn't get it" thread and being directly referenced to a trailer. So far the only actual difference that's been pointed out is "we didn't get a shotgun". But sure we got an arch gun, fair trade.

This isn't solely directed just at you btw, you were the only one who bothered to answer the question is all. The extremely short first trailer for Duviri didn't promise a huge amount except and older protagonist in a colour-sapped landscape fighting a Skeletal Dax soldier on a Skeletal horse. Promise kept from what I've seen.

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, (XBOX)Madinogi said:

i will forever hold the opinion that the New War was the Biggest fumble and let down in Warframes narrative, more so then shaping up and then abandoning Parvos granum

for years we knew we were gearing up for a inevitable war and showdown with the Sentiants, as All out war and invasion breaks out in the origin system, and wed likely have to set aside old grudges between Tenno and allies, Corpus, and Grineer to face it head on. creating a tumultious alliance. 

while what we actually got, isnt even a war, like the begining was a war and was truely grandiose in what it was setting up, and then.......it ends??? like 1 mission in and then from there is a personal story quest to unseat a dictator with lover issues and dealing with funky multiverse shenanighans.

i hope this new Narrative doesnt make the same shortcomings of TNW

The War with the sentients isn't over. Its staggering how many people think that New War is the end of the Sentient storyline. We're dealing with The Wall of Bone, and then returning to the Sentients and some version of Tau.

Have a look around the new tileset instead of bulletjumping past everything. Theres a literal drawing on the walls of this. When the lab opens up into the Void-Lab, theres a drawing on the wall of Earth with a line from it attached to Tau, and in between the 2 is a Hand missing a certain digit. I'm not even sure it could be called foreshadowing with how blatantly obvious it's made things.

We know what The Wall of Bone is after thanks to the song in Duviri, and now we've found out much more about how he operates from Whispers. The real question is why he was encouraging and allowing the Tenno to complete the Grimoire with its last page. 1999 will likely answer this.

• Like 2

The reality is we didn't 'lose' anything. DE from the late '10s got this wonderful idea in their head to reveal content before basically anything was actually properly developed for it. In other words, we didn't 'lose' anything - they made a trailer based on a basic concept. We saw this many times. Kuva Liches, the New War, Railjack - hell, even the Sacrifice they confirmed that they started active development at the same time as the release trailer (one further clue is that, whilst it makes sense the specific line isn't in the quest, the concept of 'If you could trade, would you?' isn't a part of the quest at all).

Duviri finished an era of DE finally delivering stuff that they'd promised nearly half a decade ago. And to be clear I'm not begrudging DE that it took them that long to make - game dev takes a looooooong time, especially when your actual Dev team needs to be working on some content at all times and you can't necessarily spare resources to the big mainline projects. I am begrudging the fact that their decision making process for advertising them didn't take this into account.

Fortunately it seems DE have mostly figured out it's a bad idea. If Warframe 1999 takes 2 years to make, I'll change my tune but they did say that it was a 'this is what's coming out next year' so we'll see.

• Like 4

19 hours ago, (PSN)GEN-Son_17 said:

All of that sounds just like something eluding to the whole 1999 stuff. Time travel, the interference involved and, perhaps, accessing the other scenarios of us that we saw fall during Wally's handshake. Wally has sight of these eternalism instances and we very well could be in for some fun with those. 

Ironically, I'm now starting to think all of our Sun/Moon/Middle choices will have us on different paths in an upcoming update. You very well may be the Tenno engaging the Lotus, while my Tenno gets caught in the void storm after the Lich fight. That would be hella cool if that were the case!

Actually that sounds sick. 

Like in Fortnite OG (when they recently brought back the original map) where one of the characters went back in time to change future events, but instead it's the tenno trying to undo whatever lets wally escape or something. 

Imagine we go through multiple of the major quests or we get a better New War where we don't lose and take on all the sentients and the Lotus/Erra ourselves.

Edited by (XBOX)Upl0rdYT
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Loza03 said:

The reality is we didn't 'lose' anything. DE from the late '10s got this wonderful idea in their head to reveal content before basically anything was actually properly developed for it. In other words, we didn't 'lose' anything - they made a trailer based on a basic concept. We saw this many times. Kuva Liches, the New War, Railjack - hell, even the Sacrifice they confirmed that they started active development at the same time as the release trailer (one further clue is that, whilst it makes sense the specific line isn't in the quest, the concept of 'If you could trade, would you?' isn't a part of the quest at all).

Duviri finished an era of DE finally delivering stuff that they'd promised nearly half a decade ago. And to be clear I'm not begrudging DE that it took them that long to make - game dev takes a looooooong time, especially when your actual Dev team needs to be working on some content at all times and you can't necessarily spare resources to the big mainline projects. I am begrudging the fact that their decision making process for advertising them didn't take this into account.

Fortunately it seems DE have mostly figured out it's a bad idea. If Warframe 1999 takes 2 years to make, I'll change my tune but they did say that it was a 'this is what's coming out next year' so we'll see.

Ahhh, the infamous white board I miss sooo freakin MUCH!! Man, can you imagine if we still had that since of "being on the board", where a company literally presents their 10 year outlook to us!? WE HAD THAT! We could be seeing Tau and beyond! 

It does sound great...but I must admit losing the whiteboard leaves is in more suspense of direction. This is equally good and, remembering the harsh attacks DE had to deal with for sticking to their core principle of sharing with the community, I'd rather be more blinded to the outlook. Still, can you imagine seeing this year's version of the board, where 2028 content was drawn on it? 

1 hour ago, (XBOX)Upl0rdYT said:

Actually that sounds sick. 

Like in Fortnite OG (when they recently brought back the original map) where one of the characters went back in time to change future events, but instead it's the tenno trying to undo whatever lets wally escape or something. 

Imagine we go through multiple of the major quests or we get a better New War where we don't lose and take on all the sentients and the Lotus/Erra ourselves.

Holding off a spoiler, it's the end of the Whispers quest that has me extremely convinced of this. What someone is holding and who's all there is mighty telling to me. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, (PSN)GEN-Son_17 said:

Ahhh, the infamous white board I miss sooo freakin MUCH!! Man, can you imagine if we still had that since of "being on the board", where a company literally presents their 10 year outlook to us!? WE HAD THAT! We could be seeing Tau and beyond! 

It does sound great...but I must admit losing the whiteboard leaves is in more suspense of direction. This is equally good and, remembering the harsh attacks DE had to deal with for sticking to their core principle of sharing with the community, I'd rather be more blinded to the outlook. Still, can you imagine seeing this year's version of the board, where 2028 content was drawn on it? 

I mean fair, but was showing the New War at three separate Tennocons much fun? And for as much as there was stuff that was legitimately poor in the quest (even if partly due to sheer scale-to-quality-control ratio), how much better would it have been recieved if it didn't have three years of trailers on concepts that weren't nailed down. It isn't even like the teaser content they put into the game was not enough - the game alone tells a cohesive narrative. If we look at the game alone, you can determine that the Sentients were never the main enemy because the focus of the cinematic content was never really on them - it was on Ballas and manipulation. But you sure as hell wouldn't know THAT from the trailers. Giant hordes of Sentients? A big dramatic invasion of the system? I'm not actually entirely sure what they were going for back when they had a 'Christmas 2019' release date, but given that we'd had both the Chimera Prologue and Jovian Concord which were setting up the narrative we got? Maybe the New War then wouldn't have been the ending either but the Set up for the whole Drifter Arc. Which constant set up isn't any more fun for anybody.

So yeah, I'm glad DE have left the whiteboard in the past. I was barely the same person when the New War got first teased. I'm enjoying feeling like DE might actually resolve the threads set up in Whispers in the Walls before the heat death of the universe.

• Like 2

9 hours ago, (PSN)MYKK678 said:

The War with the sentients isn't over. Its staggering how many people think that New War is the end of the Sentient storyline. We're dealing with The Wall of Bone, and then returning to the Sentients and some version of Tau.

Have a look around the new tileset instead of bulletjumping past everything. Theres a literal drawing on the walls of this. When the lab opens up into the Void-Lab, theres a drawing on the wall of Earth with a line from it attached to Tau, and in between the 2 is a Hand missing a certain digit. I'm not even sure it could be called foreshadowing with how blatantly obvious it's made things.

We know what The Wall of Bone is after thanks to the song in Duviri, and now we've found out much more about how he operates from Whispers. The real question is why he was encouraging and allowing the Tenno to complete the Grimoire with its last page. 1999 will likely answer this.

Do you have a pic? that sounds interesting as balls! I have a theory that sentients are somehow partially built of stuff that conducts void energy wayyyy too well which is why it destroys their bodies complex systems e.g. their wombs. This would explain why our amps look like chunks of their body parts put together. 

• Like 1

13 hours ago, (PSN)MYKK678 said:

I'll have to go look for that, though I think it is fair to say that the current Sentient storyline is over, mainly because none of the antagonists are either alive or have either any major power or reasons to fight us. Yeah there's Pazuul and the Archons, but their more or less positioned as small potatoes (more a narrative excuse than anything else). It's speculated that finishing the Archons off properly will free Erra, who no longer has a reason to fight us. Hunhow, likewise, has accepted that he lost the old war and that his attempts to continue nearly lost him his daughter. If we see either of these characters again, they'll likely be allies.

Moreover, we know that the Sentients back in Tau probably don't have much beef anymore either. They've not come back to fight ever since the Old War, and they're unlikely some kind of unified threat just because even the handful of Sentients in the system haven't been able to get along properly. So narrative reasons to even go to Tau or fight future sentients. are limited.

With that in mind, I'd assume us visiting Tau might be a reversal of the War. Not going to destroy the system, but to save it from the Murmur. Or possibly to retrieve something - if the hand is in the way, that'd explain why it's so hard to get to Tau and Ballas needed Praghasa to try. So why's ol Wallsy stopping us? Either way, it's less a picking up on the previous storyline, and more a new one, likely with a new batch of characters, plus Lotus.

13 hours ago, (PSN)MYKK678 said:

He didn't right? Didn't he say something to the effect of "Why don't you give me that last page? Consider it part of our deal." He very much didn't want us to have it.

He couldn't stop us because he was still trapped at the time. Once we had the last page and he did break out, he actively disrupted our travel and tried to stop us.

On 2023-12-17 at 7:53 PM, (PSN)GEN-Son_17 said:

Doubt it, It will mean DE will need to make scenarios for multiple options, but also have to deal with the fanbase who could get to see Lotu's boobs because they choose Sun once

51 minutes ago, Alguien said:

Doubt it, It will mean DE will need to make scenarios for multiple options

It's all content though. Experiencing the result of your personal choices does not mean DE won't allow you to go back and play the other options. It's the effect of your first experience that is the most impactful but having full visibility of the remaining choices means we can get the full scope of whatever the main lore is.

6 hours ago, (XBOX)CatalystCube said:

Do you have a pic? that sounds interesting as balls! I have a theory that sentients are somehow partially built of stuff that conducts void energy wayyyy too well which is why it destroys their bodies complex systems e.g. their wombs. This would explain why our amps look like chunks of their body parts put together. 

I don't unfortunately, console player. If you want to look for it though as it should show up in any of the tilesets, wait until the mission objective is complete first. I found it while doing Assassination and there's no hope I would have seen it during the mission while being swarmed with Murmurs.