The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Only 5 weekly allowances for Two new arcanes at 5.62% chance each to obtain them.. Is this acceptable to you?

Daddy.bulbs

Hello everyone i wanted to hear your opinion this . We have 2 new arcane's that are as follows "Melee Crescendo" as well as "Melee Duplicate"

First we have "Melee Duplicate" the description says in game UNRANKED: "On base critical Hits: 25% chance for your attack to strike a second time". RANK 5: "On base critical Hits: 100% chance for your attack to strike a second time". Our next arcane is "Melee Crescendo" The description says in the game UNRANKED: "On finisher kill:Gain 1 initial combo for the rest of your mission". RANK 5: "On finisher kill:Gain 6 initial combo for the rest of your mission".

That is our new arcane's!

My question to you all how do you feel that the only way to get these arcane's is to do netracells. For those who do not know netracells can only be ran 5 times per weekly reset!. They only give you 1 item as well per run. The drop chance for either of these new arcane's currently is 5.62%. You are only allowed to try 5 times per week for just a chance at these to obtain them!!!  How dose everyone feel about this ? My question to you all how do you feel that the only way to get these arcane's is to do netracells.

How dose everyone feel about this ?  Write down below!

My question to D.E "Do you plan on adding more ways to obtain these arcane's an/or do you plan on making them always be 5.62% chance to drop"?

Edited by Daddy.bulbs
spell check
  • Like 6

1 minute ago, Cerenax said:

There are other ways to get those, they don't only drop from the new weekly thing. It's the adapters that are going to be the real source of pain.

No ive looked at the drop tables , the vendor dose not carry it . The drop tables are not listed for the wizards or the fragmented one . This is the only way currently this is fact. 

• Like 4

1 minute ago, Daddy.bulbs said:

Hello everyone i wanted to hear your opinion this . We have 2 new arcane's that are as follows "Melee Crescendo" as well as "Melee Duplicate"

First we have "Melee Duplicate" the description says in game UNRANKED: "On base critical Hits: 25% chance for your attack to strike a second time". RANK 5: "On base critical Hits: 100% chance for your attack to strike a second time". Our next arcane is "Melee Crescendo" The description says in the game UNRANKED: "On finisher kill:Gain 1 initial combo for the rest of your mission". RANK 5: "On finisher kill:Gain 6 initial combo for the rest of your mission".

That is our new arcane's!

My question to you all how do you feel that the only way to get these arcane's is to do netracells. For those who do not know netracells can only be ran 5 times per weekly reset!. They only give you 1 item as well per run. The drop chance for either of these new arcane's currently is 5.62%. You are only allowed to try 5 times per week for just a chance at these to obtain them!!!  How dose everyone feel about this ? My question to you all how do you feel that the only way to get these arcane's is to do netracells.

My question to D.E "Do you plan on adding more ways to obtain these arcane's an/or do you plan on making them always be 5.62% chance to drop.

I cant speak for DE but i think thats gonna come down to how many people complain about it.

Tau shards got their grind adjusted because of the feedback they got.

So far im not sure most people even understand that these are a netracell drop and not something you can farm. "I've been doing (whatever) and havent got one yet!".

They're tradeable. So you can buy them off people if you're willing to pay whatever thr supply/demand equation brings the going rate up to. Which right now is alot but will eventually go down over time. 

So at least there is that. And if you dont want to pay whatever price people are charging for them, you can always go farm something else, sell that, then use the plat for these. 

But personally im not a huge fan of the way its set up. I wish you could farm them from the "secret fight" or something even if the chances were low.

• Like 3

I think it's perfectly fine for two reasons.

1. There's nothing in the game that mandates getting these making them a 100% luxury upgrade.

2. The Arcane market is in shambles due to the dissolution system so we need new rare Arcanes for plat farming.

• Like 6

25 minutes ago, Daddy.bulbs said:

No ive looked at the drop tables , the vendor dose not carry it . The drop tables are not listed for the wizards or the fragmented one . This is the only way currently this is fact. 

The vendors dont sell them, you can farm them from Grimoire Whispers that are basically this syndicate's version of Void Angels. You are 100% wrong as it is known that you can farm them from the Whispers. the public drop tables are not up to day.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Yu_Cypher said:

The vendors dont sell them, you can farm them from Grimoire Whispers that are basically this syndicate's version of Void Angels. You are 100% wrong as it is known that you can farm them from the Whispers. the public drop tables are not up to day.

I hope you are right!!!

3 minutes ago, Yu_Cypher said:

just did a quick run to prove it
https://imgur.com/HWIgCid

https://imgur.com/iGsrrPM

That doesn't really prove that the legendary arcanes (the one mentioned by OP) drop from whispers , the other ones do. I am not sure you understood the issue being highlighted.

As to the main topic , I really do not like the fact that there is only a limited time option. I was really looking forward to the initial combo one. The fact that you either get the arcane , the shard or the adapter kinda makes me feel that I will be disappointed no matter what I get for the first few weeks.

• Like 9

22 minutes ago, Yu_Cypher said:

That's not Melee Crescendo or Melee Duplicate.

Still, for my part, I don't mind these arcanes being elusive and difficult to get. This is literally the most endgame players can reach. It may take many months to farm up a full set, but that's fine, imo. It gives players something to work towards, or gets players to purchase plat to buy the arcanes from other players. DE does need to make money to stay in business, after all.

Regardless, it's not like they're necessary to do well in the game. They just give some different ways to optimize builds further so you can overkill lvl9999 even more than you already do.

Edited by Armadillidium_vulgare
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, Yu_Cypher said:

The *other* arcanes can absolutely be farmed from that enemy and i believe they can be farmed from the syndicate.

But the two legendary arcanes, can only be gotten from netracell missions.

If you actually get one the drop source literally says "entrati lab".

You can look at the drop tables too. Theyre not listed there.

If you can get either of them from farming the enemy i'll happily eat my words but i doubt you will.

• Like 6

I think they made it (for extra clarity the two specific "Legendary" Arcanes that at the moment, only available via Netracells), a bit too rare, and hard to obtain. Like just in general I am against items that are time gated, relatively rare and involve RNG elements combined. Less so when you involve pity systems. Just because some people can get extremely unlucky. 

That also being said... If I had to guess, Gargoyles Cry the event, in a few days... will probably give us another way to acquire them. Just guessing though. Also, eventually, these Arcanes will be added to the new dissolution system for Arcanes. So like, if there are people that are extremely unlucky, its not like you are locked out completely forever. Maybe in 6+ months, even if you miss Gargoyles (assuming), you'll have another way to get them.

As it is though, yeah rough. 

• Like 3

22 minutes ago, (PSN)GEN-Son_17 said:

I think it is a great way to add some elusive ways to engage in the game long term. Making them easier to get would only have players asking for new stuff faster. We players are greedy, so DE has to find ways to space out the gigantic list of rewards this update offers. 

Me , personally Pablo has the right idea with the new steel path hidden , assassination mission boss , get 60 eyes instead of 30 an pre-pare to SWEAT!!!!

• Like 3

New content. New stall gate.

That's how Warframe works. It sounds bad but if you want to feel like you're time is respected, don't grind new content.
This includes events that have a release point like the Orb mother from Vallis. Everything in Warframe gets easier to grind over time. Just a fact.

What I dislike is this new weekly trend. There's a difference between adding a casual friendly boost and just locking players out of progression.

BTW, this was the Orb Mother event progression chart and it's not some sudden interest. Just gating. Everyone was wasting their time.

Y2OlaAW.jpg

• Like 2

25 minutes ago, Xzorn said:

New content. New stall gate.

That's how Warframe works. It sounds bad but if you want to feel like you're time is respected, don't grind new content.
This includes events that have a release point like the Orb mother from Vallis. Everything in Warframe gets easier to grind over time. Just a fact.

What I dislike is this new weekly trend. There's a difference between adding a casual friendly boost and just locking players out of progression.

BTW, this was the Orb Mother event progression chart and it's not some sudden interest. Just gating. Everyone was wasting their time.

Y2OlaAW.jpg

I mean, players who want the highest end gear will probably be doing the Netracells anyway, so I'm not certain it's really a good comparison with the Orb Mother fight. There might be an easier method of getting the new legendary arcanes later, but it's not a waste of time to do the 5 Netracell runs each week since many of the items they reward aren't exactly easily grindable.

I mean, sure, they might make all of them purchaseable with standing two years down the line, or eligible for Arcane Gacha, but that's two years' worth of Netracell runs and thus two years' worth of Shards, arcanes, etc. you'd be missing out on. As is, the Netracells have limited runs, so skipping out on them hurts you a lot more than something you can run as many times as you want that also happens to have a low drop rate.

3 minutes ago, Armadillidium_vulgare said:

I mean, players who want the highest end gear will probably be doing the Netracells anyway, so I'm not certain it's really a good comparison with the Orb Mother fight. There might be an easier method of getting the new legendary arcanes later, but it's not a waste of time to do the 5 Netracell runs each week since many of the items they reward aren't exactly easily grindable.

I mean, sure, they might make all of them purchaseable with standing two years down the line, or eligible for Arcane Gacha, but that's two years' worth of Netracell runs and thus two years' worth of Shards, arcanes, etc. you'd be missing out on. As is, the Netracells have limited runs, so skipping out on them hurts you a lot more than something you can run as many times as you want that also happens to have a low drop rate.

Well, I made sure not to say waste of time and used the term respect your time.

Plains of Eidolon got easier and easier to grind. Teshin now gives out Umbra Forma, Legendary Cores drop from the sky. Warframe is one of those games where you will progress faster with any specific content by not playing the game. I spent 5 years off and I've nearly caught up in 2 months on everything. Obviously I'm short on Archon Shards but I'm sure those will open up too. Still, I agree the whole weekly gate aspect is lame and hadn't been seen since raids which you could trade those items.

I would much more prefer being able to endlessly farm Netracells. Hell' make the drop even rarer, but that 5 per week is ridiculous.. 5 per day would be much more reasonable. Even with 5 per day, it would still take plenty time to max all of these arcanes by farming purely.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Turboameeba said:

I would much more prefer being able to endlessly farm Netracells. Hell' make the drop even rarer, but that 5 per week is ridiculous.. 5 per day would be much more reasonable. Even with 5 per day, it would still take plenty time to max all of these arcanes by farming purely.

Problem being the archon shards in that  loot table then. Or else i personally would run em until my eyes bleed. 

But heck yes i wanna havw a reason to run netracells besides 5 a week

1 hour ago, -ShadowRadiance- said:

Problem being the archon shards in that  loot table then. Or else i personally would run em until my eyes bleed. 

Maybe there could be an alternate mission. The weekly table remains the same, but an unlimited version can also be run. The unlimited one would not have archon shards, and would also have a few other items to increase the loot pool a bit.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, -ShadowRadiance- said:

They should just make the 60-eye The Fragmented One drop the Netracell table 100% of the time. The current Netracells are unremarkably easy and faster to run compared to some Archon Hunts, and it'd be nice to have a way to catch up with the shards, if nothing else.

I have 6k Steam hours and over 3500 mission hours but I only own 15-20 Archon Shards because I play Warframe for 100 hours/week for two weeks on update, then abandon the game to play something else afterward. My 100 hours per week is worse than someone who gets 3 hours/week in regards to Shards and other weeklies for the sole fact of DE wanting to cater to weekend warriors more than giving the player the original endless flavor it had before Plains existed.

These days, it's hard to find even a premade group to play more than an hour with. Used to be you could get a multi-hour group in recruiting chat by just saying "H Void Survival, long run 1/4" ...

*Continue to blubber in Veteran*

• Like 2