Cross-Platform Save Rollout Information ×

Remove the MR Test time gate for accounts that have merged

Reece93

3 hours ago, Reece93 said:

Just merged my MR LR3 into my Founders account that is MR3. I now need to wait 30 days to get back to LR3. This time gate should be removed so we can get back to our original MR asap and back to using our MR locked stuff

How did syndicates work in that merge im assuming you were maxxed on all?

Lol I can already see that this crossave/uniao is going to give me a headache... that's my fear, right... and doing the union and in addition to not coming with some rare items and the game resetting the Mastery from scratch and resetting all the missions and journeys and start all over again. Not to mention that there are weapons that require specific mastery to release...

2 hours ago, OFVarCity said:

Which account did you make the primary?

20 minutes ago, (XBOX)AchilDeed said:

Which one did you set as primary account? You need to set the account that has the most progress as primary, not the account whose platform you want to play on. In your case you should've set your LR3 account as primary because most progress is tied to your primary account

You two seriously missed the part where they said the MR 3 account was their founder account.
They probably picked that one as their primary as a precaution in case doing it the other way around erased their founder status.

Taking the path that guarantees something irreplaceable is safe, vs losing a bit of progress is a no-brainer.

What's stupid here is that account merging isn't also applying to their mastery, intrinsics, and syndicate progress. DE half-assed it. What a god damn surprise.

• Like 4

On 2023-12-19 at 7:29 AM, PollexMessier said:

You two seriously missed the part where they said the MR 3 account was their founder account.
They probably picked that one as their primary as a precaution in case doing it the other way around erased their founder status.

Taking the path that guarantees something irreplaceable is safe, vs losing a bit of progress is a no-brainer.

What's stupid here is that account merging isn't also applying to their mastery, intrinsics, and syndicate progress. DE half-assed it. What a god damn surprise.

Exactly what you’ve said. I made my Pc account that had very little progress (I was aware that I’d have to do star chart and story missions again, was actually looking forward to it) the primary account so that I wouldn’t lose my Founders items, because DE specifically stated they would not be transferred to Primary accounts on consoles. After playing for the past 7 hours, I’m thinking I’ll just quit the game now. I can’t go through all that Intrinsic grind for both Railjack and Duviri again, I can’t grind every single faction to max rank again, nor can I do the focus grind again (if I’ve lost that, which I’m 95% sure I have) 

Look, before you go into this with the comments “you were warned you’d have the progress of the account you chose as the primary” I’m very well aware and read the warnings, but they were vague about exactly what “progress” was. 

DE please look into to making the transfer and merge also keep your highest amount of days logged in, your MR, Intrinsics, Focus, and other bits of progress that are extreme grinds. I just wanted to ensure my Founders items were safe and that I could use them after 10 years, but I’ve now flushed 100’s of hours down the drain. A simple inventory merge is not good enough by a long shot 

• Like 4

On 2023-12-19 at 8:31 AM, Reece93 said:

Exactly what you’ve said. I made my Pc account that had very little progress (I was aware that I’d have to do star chart and story missions again, was actually looking forward to it) the primary account so that I wouldn’t lose my Founders items…

Okay which means the progress you lost was your choice. You chose to have your “PC account that had very little progress” as your primary account. 

Please don’t start spamming this subforum. You already have a post up about this. It’s your fault. 

• Like 4

Hmmm this is interesting/frustrating! What about this...

I have an xbox account at MR 12 with 200 days logged. 

I have a closed beta account on PC with the closed beta accolade (which I don't want to lose). BUT I'm only MR 7 with not as much "progress". 

Do you think if I make the xbox account primary on merge, then I'll lose the closed beta accolade? 

6 hours ago, Macgillicutty said:

Hmmm this is interesting/frustrating! What about this...

I have an xbox account at MR 12 with 200 days logged. 

I have a closed beta account on PC with the closed beta accolade (which I don't want to lose). BUT I'm only MR 7 with not as much "progress". 

Do you think if I make the xbox account primary on merge, then I'll lose the closed beta accolade? 

I'm not sure about your question, but I'll say those accolades (and the Excal Prime Glyph, for example) should also transfer to the chosen main account. Same for the Founder symbol on the forums and these kind of similar situations.

And yeah, from a technical standpoint I believe it's definetly possible. I remember not long ago Rebb had a baby account with an Excal Prime in it. If an internal account can be created with Founder privileges, then that kind of privileges (founders, beta players, etc.) should be transferable in this kind of process.

Not that any of this affects me personally, since I don't have this particular problem in my accounts, but that's my two cents.

Edited by (PSN)Hikuro-93
  • Like 1

15 hours ago, (NSW)NeonNebula said:

Okay which means the progress you lost was your choice. You chose to have your “PC account that had very little progress” as your primary account. 

No. It was DE's choice to not make the account merge also merge so many different forms of progress. They put the absolute minimum amount of effort they possibly could into account merging.
All of these things should've been merged properly, or had whatever things had more progression on one account over-wright the things that had less on the other.

Instead they basically just transferred inventory (not even all of it) and nothing else.

One would expect progression to have been given at least some consideration for an account merge. It's so brazenly excluded it makes me wonder if they made the deliberate choice not to try just to squeeze more playtime out of players that make this error.

The fact that this has such a disproportionately negative effect on founders makes it all the more distasteful. They pretty much put up a middle finger to the players that made their game possible to begin with.

Edited by PollexMessier
  • Like 3

49 minutes ago, PollexMessier said:

No. It was DE's choice for not making the account merge also merge so many different forms of progress. They put the absolute minimum amount of effort they possibly could into account merging.
All of these things should've been merged properly, of had whatever things had the more progression on one account over-wright the things that had the less on the other.

Instead they basically just transferred inventory (not even all of it) and nothing else.

One would expect progression to have been given at least some consideration for an account merge. It's so brazenly excluded it makes me wonder if they made the deliberate choice not to try just to squeeze more playtime out of players that make this error.

The fact that this has such a disproportionately negative effect on founders makes it all the more distasteful. They pretty much put up a middle finger to the players that made their game possible to begin with.

Yeah, did anyone in DE say why they're making you choose between the progress of each account instead of combining it? Is it too complex to be done? 

Having to go through the story again as I merged my ps4 account into my Pc account which has no story progression. Natah quest is active and have scanned the drones 18 times, but the mission will not progress from there

My ps4 account was set to Steel Path Star Chart when I merged it into my pc account that has little star chart progression. I have no access to void fissures since it’s saying they’re Steel Path Void Fissures, but nothing shows since there’s no progression on the Steel Path Star chart 

• Like 1

This is also….again… is happening to me.  However when I go back to the console I can see the fissures, on PC I see steel path which I cannot access just yet due to the nature of my merger.  Seems like this is related to high MR accounts with lots completed instantly becoming low MR accounts with nothing completed.

As someone who started over form zero a year ago... 

It's not so bad. It was kind of fun to use weapons I normally wouldn't for a while as I was getting back to my old power level. 

If push comes to shove, just treat it like a daily for the next month. Log in, do mastery test, collect log in rewards. Log out. 1 month later, you'll have all your stuff back. 

vor 23 Stunden schrieb Reece93:

Exactly what you’ve said. I made my Pc account that had very little progress (I was aware that I’d have to do star chart and story missions again, was actually looking forward to it) the primary account so that I wouldn’t lose my Founders items, because DE specifically stated they would not be transferred to Primary accounts on consoles. After playing for the past 7 hours, I’m thinking I’ll just quit the game now. I can’t go through all that Intrinsic grind for both Railjack and Duviri again, I can’t grind every single faction to max rank again, nor can I do the focus grind again (if I’ve lost that, which I’m 95% sure I have) 

honestly, if you are unable to read their instructions properly, thats all on you buddy

On 2023-12-20 at 12:19 AM, (PSN)NeXty_zJxell said:

honestly, if you are unable to read their instructions properly, thats all on you buddy

You're the one who's not reading properly. He didn't make a mistake.
He deliberately chose to make the low MR account his primary because it was a founders account and DE said founders items were non-transferable in a merge. Which is a bafflingly stupid decision on their part because it shouldn't do anything to void the exclusivity of the items. And instead just created this unwinnable scenario for many founders.

100% on DE. Account merging should not have been made like this.

On 2023-12-19 at 7:51 PM, Kiksik2 said:

Is it too complex to be done? 

It shouldn't be. No idea what their backend looks like, but there is likely a common database api that all the platforms hook into. Were I doing DE's job, that's where I would start.

Merging progression stats might be tedious to code up the first time (because you *probably* essentially need to walk through every single player-viewable screen on each intended account) but surely their design documents has some kind of checklist to refer to. You just... go down the list and make sensible decisions. "Set this flag", "add these numbers", etc.

Ideally, you do this all into a new account and then redirect the intended primary login to that new account - leaving all source accounts untouched until bugs are confirmed completely ironed out. The sense that I get from how things are handled is they are directly writing into the live account with no real chance for restoring in case of errors. (Just a guess, but it does potentially explain some things, like the inability to merge after a console migration from years prior.)

Sort of in the same predicament, could've sworn I read that when you merge accounts that the the higher ranking mastery rank account would override the other regardless. Merged a MR 2 pc account with an MR 16 Xbox account and chose the pc account as primary because I prefer the alias over the Xbox one and just assumed the MR rank would "carry over" unfortunately it didn't it basically merged all the gear and frames of the MR 16 account but left the MR ranking at MR2 plus all the planet nodes are locked again. I have all my gear and frames though.

Not looking forward to grinding out all those nodes and weapon/frame ranks again. But ah well it looks like I have no choice lol. At least I got all my gear, frames and gamertag I wanted.