Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Gargoyles Razor...

AshenHaze

So I haven't been playing for months, quite a few months honestly. I am frequently an on/off player which has regularly gotten me spurred from other people's Dojo. So...I made my own, put countless hours into it, made a bunch of stuff, made it my own.

Then this event drops which is (from what it seems) Dojo only and mine is a 30 member max (smallest iirc). 

I put in so much only to have the developers pick an option that, unless I go mad recruitment mode (which I'm also not that great with) I will be at a perpetual disadvantage with? It seems like the resources that are offered with this Dojo only series of missions is one of those that makes a lot of grind go away and a lot of things work well.

What do I even do here? I'm stuck on a Gargoyles Razor of "keep my legacy and work or be left behind forever" it feels...

Yeah that's kinda what happens when you solo engage with a system literally built for groups of players. Also clan events aren't some new concept.

That said when it comes to clan events the only real difference in having others or being solo is how much grind it takes to reach the highest tier event statue (if it's even possible). Meaning all you're ever really missing out on is a cosmetic for your dojo.

okay, but getting the 18 curses a week isnt too hard. Im the only active player left in my 30 player clan, and I had enough curses to complete 3 weeks of the event after only 3-4 days of playing pretty casually. You will just passively obtain enough of them if you are farming for any of the rewards.

And even then, getting the curses doesn't even matter. All the curses do is give you trophies at the end of the event, which is literally just bragging rights. All of the actual rewards don't require you to get any of the curses at all.

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, nerfinator6 said:

can't downgrade until the event's over though

Fair point, but they're not just talking this event. They're talking *before* and *after*. See:

2 hours ago, AshenHaze said:

a perpetual disadvantage

This is not correct, They're only at a disadvantage because they chose to increase their clan capacity (and incur the corresponding raised costs) by building a barracks and then *not use it*. In any case, it's not just this event that will have increased costs. *All* of their farming up until now for their *solo* clan must have had increased costs. Didn't they notice?

I have (effectively) a solo clan too. It takes *two* of each curse per week. That's just *one* run of the 60 eyes boss.

Edited by schilds

As a point, I was recruited by my clan a couple of years ago (It's the FrameFace clan for the former weekly content creator Xenogelion) as the person that would actually run events and complete them for the clan.

We have a 30 member clan, and it's genuinely possible to solo this event.

More to the point, the rewards are available as long as you defeat the boss, even if you don't farm up all the Curses to progress each week. The Curses only get you the higher level of trophy for your Dojo. The actual rewards, like Arcanes and Cosmetics, are all available for the dropped resources from the boss.

If you do want to complete the Trophy, then you do not have to play the super-secret 60 Eye boss, you can play the regular Steel Path boss and farm with a view to which specific bosses you take on (there are three bosses, each gives a Curse drop, if you have all 6 of one type of drop then you don't defeat that boss. Just abort and try again). This way you get the easier fight that you can solo, you get the specific drops you want, and you can complete the weekly grind quicker because you're not taking on every boss you spawn.

You can do it, even if you have to take on the basic regular boss and only get 1 Curse per run, all it takes is a bit of time in the week. If you're willing to put all those hours into the Dojo, then you can put those hours into a repetitive boss farm that will get you Arcanes and Cosmetics, and maybe even a shiny trophy if you care about that.

The event will last another two weeks after this current one, so you've got plenty of time to farm, don't panic.

• Like 1

DE always makes events so that players with small/solo clans aren't at a disadvantage.  I've got a solo clan and the event is super chill.

Sounds like you accidentally made the mistake of increasing the size of your clan, which is a bummer.  Once you downgrade it, future events will be a piece of cake for you!

55 minutes ago, SDGDen said:

does the 60 eyes variant drop more grotesque splinters too or just more curses? 

I think maybe 2 more splinters. You could do 2 runs of 30 eye the time it takes to spawn and kill a 60. Some just like to do the 60 eye for “bragging rights” and the ugly white hands you get for your loading screen. 

This is not a pissing competition. The whole point is you can be done with the *clan requirements* each week in just *one mission*.

Splinters have nothing to do with the clan costs he's talking about. There's no advantage or disadvantage in the size of your clan or the number of active players when farming splinters. You can play the event with other friends, pre-formed groups from recruiting chat, or even pub it.