Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

I Logged out in 2020. what did I missed?

(PSN)Trickster_Bae

well I was a avid PS4 player back in the day and unfortunately had to sell my PS4.

I wanna catch up before merging my PS4 account with my PC account. what happened in these last 3 years?

the last memories I remember was playing heart of deimos when released, the deadlock protocol, and seeing the release of that fat warframe (grendel)
I also saw the release of the Khora deluxe skin, which i vivily remember praising the animator and/or modeler of the skin until they ghosted me on twitter (i'm a sucker for khora srry)

after those i simply logged out like i said, and only saw sporadicaly some videos about cross save.

I was short in money and was hoping the cross save would soon be avaliable in one year and a half or something (instead it took f#king 3 YEARS)

I also missed the day they opened it (december 22th) by two days, so I also gotta wait just a bit more till january :')

anyway, hope the state of the game is good, can't wait to play duviri and get wisp prime.

there's warframe 1999 in the horizon and the steam charts went up after cross save opened, hope the game is still relevant :v

Edited by (PSN)Trickster_Bae

I came back a month ago or so, maybe two.

Far as I can tell, there's nothing that really changed. Some new frames and skin, most of which suck.

The enhanced graphics engine is now the standard, so if you're running a 2006 machine you're out of luck.

The new tileset they added to Deimos (quest related) is basically Zariman 2.0. And Zariman is, well... good idea, bad execution.

There's Archon Hunts now, similar to sorties but weekly. Those give you archon shards which are basically free buffs like permanent ability damage bonus, extra shields, casting speed, etc. depending on the shard.

EDIT: Oh yeah, Duviri.

Yeah Duviri sucks hard.

Dunno if you were around for New War, but if not, be sure to upgrade your Railjack first. Don't wanna end up like the other guy a few days ago who's now softlocked lol

Edited by o0Despair0o
  • Like 2

Oh No Fire GIF

I'd think this sums up your experience.

So Warframe's doing pretty well right now.  While Duviri should still have some activity given the Circuit, most players I think are more focused on the newest update that came out this month.  After Grendel came 13 more frames and around 14 or 15 more prime frames.

Overall, I'd say it's a pretty decent time to come back.  Best tip would probably be to spend some time to look over frames and definitely use the Duviri Circuit to practice with the newer ones (although maybe in the non-SP version).

• Like 2

I guess you know about the helminth already. Using 1 ability from any frame and putting it on another. 

We have shards, which are crystals you use with the helminth as well, they give stats like 10% strength or duration, casting speed, secondary crit chance, armor etc. 

You get 5 slots so you can mix and match (10 STR, 10 DUR, 50 energy...)

You can now take all those extra steel path arcanes like Primary dexterity...turn them into currency, and get 3 random choices of arcanes from any of the past factions (vox Solaris, eidolon arcanes etc). 

So you'll get a bunch of fodder arcanes like heat, but may get energize and grace as well.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, o0Despair0o said:

Far as I can tell, there's nothing that really changed. Some new frames and skin, most of which suck.

The enhanced graphics engine is now the standard, so if you're running a 2006 machine you're out of luck.

The new tileset they added to Deimos (quest related) is basically Zariman 2.0. And Zariman is, well... good idea, bad execution.

There's Archon Hunts now, similar to sorties but weekly. Those give you archon shards which are basically free buffs like permanent ability damage bonus, extra shields, casting speed, etc. depending on the shard.

Yeah Duviri sucks hard.

Dunno if you were around for New War, but if not, be sure to upgrade your Railjack first. Don't wanna end up like the other guy a few days ago who's now softlocked lol

bruh i haven't EVEN touched railjack lol.

i prefer my K-drive and roaming around open worlds. i'm a skate boi B)

thanks though, i'll keep it in mind. hope people are still running railjack missions, since y'know it was supposed to be "the best and biggest stuff ever". i hope it is not empty and people preffered to open relics instead, i really hope so :')

btw gladly i have a more modern pc, it is circa 2019 hardware, hope the game runs smoothly. at least better than minecraft who is so old it stutters all the damn time.

1 hour ago, (PSN)Madurai-Prime said:

I guess you know about the helminth already. Using 1 ability from any frame and putting it on another. 

We have shards, which are crystals you use with the helminth as well, they give stats like 10% strength or duration, casting speed, secondary crit chance, armor etc. 

You get 5 slots so you can mix and match (10 STR, 10 DUR, 50 energy...)

You can now take all those extra steel path arcanes like Primary dexterity...turn them into currency, and get 3 random choices of arcanes from any of the past factions (vox Solaris, eidolon arcanes etc). 

So you'll get a bunch of fodder arcanes like heat, but may get energize and grace as well.

i plan on putting ivara's nerved quiver into Wisp's will-o-wisp or breach surge. i don't care if this isn't a good choice it will make her look awesome ASF with a bow. B)

also good these shards will make the nerfed quiver at least more buffed. xD

never played steel path too, guess i'll give it a try, my wisp is so fast she's broken as hell.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, (PSN)Trickster_Bae said:

the last memories I remember was playing heart of deimos when released, the deadlock protocol, and seeing the release of that fat warframe (grendel)
I also saw the release of the Khora deluxe skin, which i vivily remember praising the animator and/or modeler of the skin until they ghosted me on twitter (i'm a sucker for khora srry)

after those i simply logged out like i said, and only saw sporadicaly some videos about cross save.

I was short in money and was hoping the cross save would soon be avaliable in one year and a half or something (instead it took f#king 3 YEARS)

I also missed the day they opened it (december 22th) by two days, so I also gotta wait just a bit more till january :')

anyway, hope the state of the game is good, can't wait to play duviri and get wisp prime.

there's warframe 1999 in the horizon and the steam charts went up after cross save opened, hope the game is still relevant :v

well, sicne you provided poitns of reference for when you left, I can tell you a bit what's happened while you've been gone (also, welcome back).

- Deimos is the centre of attention again, with the new quest and Lab Tileset and game modes. we get to see a bit more of Albrecht and a LOT of weird stuff happens. 

- nothing on the corpus front sadly, but we did have New War, which was quite an important event. as a heads up, the quest takes a few hours to complete and you are locked out of the game until it is complete. so only do it when you know you have the time. you also might want to upgrade your railjack for that quest, if nothing else.

- Grendel has a Prime now, and he's also had a rework: he's incredibly strong now!

- Wisp prime is great, I'm sure you'll get her one way or the other.

- Duviri will probably feel a bit jarring at first, as it's a slower pace than typical Warframe gameplay, but you might get used to it eventually.

- Duviri also came with a mode called the Circuit which has randomized loadouts and game modes, played in sequence. there are some very good rewards on offer like Incarnon Geneses for weapons and arcanes.

good luck in your future missions!

• Like 4

27 minutes ago, (PSN)robotwars7 said:

well, sicne you provided poitns of reference for when you left, I can tell you a bit what's happened while you've been gone (also, welcome back).

- Deimos is the centre of attention again, with the new quest and Lab Tileset and game modes. we get to see a bit more of Albrecht and a LOT of weird stuff happens. 

- nothing on the corpus front sadly, but we did have New War, which was quite an important event. as a heads up, the quest takes a few hours to complete and you are locked out of the game until it is complete. so only do it when you know you have the time. you also might want to upgrade your railjack for that quest, if nothing else.

- Grendel has a Prime now, and he's also had a rework: he's incredibly strong now!

- Wisp prime is great, I'm sure you'll get her one way or the other.

- Duviri will probably feel a bit jarring at first, as it's a slower pace than typical Warframe gameplay, but you might get used to it eventually.

- Duviri also came with a mode called the Circuit which has randomized loadouts and game modes, played in sequence. there are some very good rewards on offer like Incarnon Geneses for weapons and arcanes.

good luck in your future missions!

I REALLY wish i could get wisp prime with trades but they told that cross save accounts will only be able to trade with other cross save accounts so that's a shame, will be much harder to get her i think :')

i'm baffled with some of duviri gameplays I had seen, it looks astounding and so damn amazing! i really like how immersive it is, i can tell it will just suck all my hours in both gameplay and immersion xD

many people said it is sort of a rouge-like game. i planned to just roam around with wisp doing havoc but since you said the gameplay is slower i gotta think about it, but still, if it's REALLY a rougelike game idc i'll log in and play it right away I don't wanna update my mods or anything lol

2 hours ago, Raarsi said:

Oh No Fire GIF

I'd think this sums up your experience.

So Warframe's doing pretty well right now.  While Duviri should still have some activity given the Circuit, most players I think are more focused on the newest update that came out this month.  After Grendel came 13 more frames and around 14 or 15 more prime frames.

Overall, I'd say it's a pretty decent time to come back.  Best tip would probably be to spend some time to look over frames and definitely use the Duviri Circuit to practice with the newer ones (although maybe in the non-SP version).

yeah i feel like that lol

in core, the game is basically the same, but damn a lot of stuff has been added, duviri, new war, all that stuff. i still gotta check it out

that if there's not any mechanic tweaks they did, i'm most worried about those xD

1 hour ago, (PSN)Trickster_Bae said:

thanks though, i'll keep it in mind. hope people are still running railjack missions, since y'know it was supposed to be "the best and biggest stuff ever". i hope it is not empty and people preffered to open relics instead, i really hope so :')

'fraid I have to disappoint you there.

I for one really like RJ. But I'm afraid it is indeed dead.

Only people you find there these days are new players, people farming Ash or doing Nightwave challenges.

Maybe a relic squad every once in a blue moon.

• Like 1

Just now, o0Despair0o said:

'fraid I have to disappoint you there.

I for one really like RJ. But I'm afraid it is indeed dead.

Only people you find there these days are new players, people farming Ash or doing Nightwave challenges.

Maybe a relic squad every once in a blue moon.

railjack is the biggest, most epic fumble DE had ever done, how could you make something like railjack be just another island content and let it gather dust after giving up on it, neither other stuff that was much older weren't this abandoned... geez.

well i'm glad the game is still up and strong, something like that would definitely just shut the game down...

and duviri paradox actually looks more promising and unique than it, I hope duviri paradox is what railjack was supposed to be.

3 minutes ago, (PSN)Trickster_Bae said:

I hope duviri paradox is what railjack was supposed to be.

Eh...

You get the "lone story" (or "drifter story"? I don't even remember) which is basically a short quest that explains to your how Duviri works.

Then you can choose between replaying the lone story, Circuit which is bland but has some decent loot like incarnons, and then there's the streamlined mode which is basically the lone story but without side quests.

Other than that?

Content island.

Edited by o0Despair0o
  • Like 1

Just now, o0Despair0o said:

Eh...

You get the "lone story" (or "drifter story"? I don't even remember) which is basically a short quest that explains to your how Duviri works.

Then you can choose between replaying the lone story, Circuit which is bland but has some decent loot like incarnons, and then there's the streamlined mode which is basically the lone story but without side quests.

Other than that?

Content island.

well i'm fine with it being a content island as long as if brings something good and cool to the table, is duviri paradox something like that? i saw some saying it has rouge-like elements to it with i'm a sucker for.

like i'm saying if it does the same thing that plains of eidolon did when released. is it as cool as that? I wonder...

5 hours ago, (PSN)Trickster_Bae said:

i saw some saying it has rouge-like elements to it with i'm a sucker for.

Well, you get a random frame and weapon loadout every time you start and can buy some upgrades as you progress.

That's about it.

5 hours ago, (PSN)Trickster_Bae said:

if it does the same thing that plains of eidolon did when released. is it as cool as that? I wonder...

Depends on your definition of cool.

I for one think that Duviri is a bland pile of trash.

Edited by o0Despair0o
typo
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, o0Despair0o said:

Im not sure how you can say most of them suck? The Warframe's or the skins?

If Warframe's then I think its more of a case of you not knowing how their kit works or your own personal preference.

Duviri I find to be surprisingly good, its a rogue-like game mode and I have gotten used to it by now. Complaining about Duviri is like complaining about puzzle games in Warframe. Its different and not the same as usual gameplay but does that automatically mean its invalid?

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Ascythian said:

If Warframe's then I think its more of a case of you not knowing how their kit works or your own personal preference.

Duviri I find to be surprisingly good, its a rogue-like game mode and I have gotten used to it by now. Complaining about Duviri is like complaining about puzzle games in Warframe. Its different and not the same as usual gameplay but does that automatically mean its invalid?

does duviri lets you keep the warframe you equipped? please tell me yes I only wanna play with Khora or Wisp aaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

also what about the presentation? does the gameplay and graphics are immersive? like it pulls you in? that's my fav part about the game and i hope it did it pretty well.

the last time I had it was when I played heart of deimos, though the missions and some part made it look a bit janky but it was overall a very good experience.

• The damage system status effects were dumbed down. There's like 3 weapon setups for everything now.
  • More mastery fodder mixed in with ridiculously powerful weapons that make you wonder if DE shot them once.
  • The story getting weirder and weirder like a film student's semester final project.
  • Drifter Durviri which would be so much better without Decrees.
  • Steel Path Circuit which will take up half your day.
  • Arcane Loot boxes that destroy what little end-game different biomes like Diemos, Plains, etc had.
  • The newest Rep grind that literally leads nowhere if you don't like Necramechs.
  • Melee Arcanes in a poor attempt to fix the massive reduction in damage they got.
  • Corpus versions of Liches.
  • Weeklies to add to your dailies.

I took 5 years off myself. That's most what I can think of that's note worthy. Some frames but not better than previous ones.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Ascythian said:

Mostly the frames.

Kullervo is just plain ugly. The kit may be decent, but the appearance sure as heck ain't.

Voruna looks decent enough, I just wish the wolf skulls weren't so huge.

Citrine just looks like someone started the design from the feet and gave up by the time they got to her waist.

Those are the ones that come to mind when I say the newer frames suck.

In regards to their abilities, Voruna is pretty much the only one that seems even remotely interesting to me. Citrine certainly doesn't seem worth the grind to me, similar to how Protea wasn't worth the grind. Kullervo just seems like he'd be unfun to play. Land a hit or take damage, why would I play a frame that constantly has a risk of killing itself?

As for skins... well I only checked out the beetle skin for Rhino. I'd buy it if the head didn't look so goofy.

Obviously it's all down to personal preference, but this is mine.

Welcome back.

A considerable amount has been added to the game. Though, whether what you missed was substantial, important or of interest may depend greatly on what you enjoy, prefer and so on. Threads like this occur semi regularly, and often peoples responses are just them telling you vaguely how they feel about the game, from their own very individualistic perspective. Which could be helpful if the person and OP are very similar, but also a bit odd, if person and OP are very different in that regard.

2020 was a bit of a slow year as you might remember parts of, and in comparison, since then, updates started to come a bit more frequently. There were also significant leaderships changes behind Warframe creative. There have been several cinematic quest updates, including the New War.  There have been smaller cinematic updates, but many of them, came with new gameplay elements. Like Angels of Zariman gave us some new lore and advanced the story a little, but it also added new tile sets, game modes (Void Flood, Void Cascade, etc), enemies, mini bosses (Void Angels). There was also a Focus School rework, Companion rework (with more to come). 

Several older systems got reworks, updates so on. Like Railjack? Corpus Railjack was added, and you can now have your own AI Crew. Meaning, its easier to solo, and let your AI Crew do a lot of the stuff you may not want to (like Repairing or Crafting Resources, being a side gunner). Kuva Liches? Had a few new weapons (Kuva Hek was my fav), and QOL, like pity system for weapons, and ways to speed up the process. Sisters of Parvos were added as well, basically Corpus Liches, with an assortment of new weapons and Ephemera and Robot Hound Companions. 

If you just generally like collecting stuff, a whole lot of Mods, Arcanes, weapons, were added over the years. Arcanes specifically just for your guns, not just Warframes, and even recently Melee. A new system and category of weapons were added with Angels of Zariman, Incarnons and they were expanded upon as well. You might see them mentioned a lot by other players if/when you return, because they are quite powerful, quite fun and many are in the meta. Some Incarnons are brand new original weapons, others essentially augment some older weapons, that may have fallen behind, but are now ironically meta again (Braton, Burston, Miter, Boar, Lex, Vasto, etc)

You already know about Wisp Prime, so you might already guess Khora also got Primed, as well as Grendel. Also Protea will be likely primed within the year, Gauss Prime is next. Some players, especially older players can be a bit cynical and negative on newer Warframes, if they are the type to prefer the older ones, but I think the most recent Warframes, especially those released this year have been great. Some are Support styled (Citrine), some open up new melee possibilities, (Kullervo), some have Horses and thick thighs, (Dagath). A few older Warframes have gotten reworks, (Zephyr, Grendel, Hydroid) and the meta often shifts about anyway. Like Frost was in a weakish place, but then changes were made to our Warframes armour stripping, to make it easier to strip armour in certain situations, which was an indirect buff, and then later changes were made to Cold status overall, so another indirect buff. That can happen to a few different Warframes, especially when new Arcanes, Mods, are added, Helminth possibilities too. 

Duviri update was a bit polarising as far as forum feedback, but in polls/surveys it seems generally popular. Duviri was also a big update, so generalising it is a bit.. Understandable for people to potentially have mixed views. Plus again, depends a lot on your preferences, habits, play style. Like there is the Duviri story, and a certain characters gameplay and combat, and then stuff like the Circuit, which is more Warframe based... 

New update (Whispers in the Wall) is also pretty massive as well, also new tile sets, new game modes, advances plot/story a bit, new stuff to collect. One thing about Warframe, is that it has just added a lot. Meaning, if you aren't a fan, of everything being added, more of that isn't necessarily a good or bad thing, but if you are a fan and enjoying it? You get to eat rich. Oh and if you like Melee? Well that just got a new system as well, Tennokai, new Arcanes too, new possibilities and potential. New tougher missions were also generally added, Archon Hunts have been here a while, they are sort of like weekly Sorties. New Netracell missions, which you can do 5 a week, are a bit similar. 

If anything above piques your interest, or you have other general questions, feel free to ask away! Good luck on the account merge too! 

• Like 2

52 minutes ago, o0Despair0o said:

Citrine certainly doesn't seem worth the grind to me, similar to how Protea wasn't worth the grind. Kullervo just seems like he'd be unfun to play. Land a hit or take damage, why would I play a frame that constantly has a risk of killing itself?

I'm guessing you're just basing this off stuff you've read or watched?  These are really powerful frames.  And while "fun" is subjective, Kullervo is for me the funnest frame to come out for years,    (And he can't  kill himself, or even do very significant damage to himself unless the player is just mashing the 2 button with no enemies around.)

Edited by Tiltskillet
  • Like 2

vor 14 Stunden schrieb o0Despair0o:

Yeah Duviri sucks hard.

How rude.. 

10 hours ago, Ascythian said:

Honestly, I feel like the art direction has certainly taken a dive over the past two and a half years. I started in 2016 and played very consistently, up until 2021, and coming back now, it seems like everything has gone off the rails. 

Most of the newer Warframes and deluxe skins look too cluttered or as if they're trying to hard, especially when you compare them to the older, sleeker designs.

I'm wishing we'd get more 'frames or skins with an aesthetic similar to what Asyrankulov or IgnusDei designed, and fewer Sentient or Asian influenced designs. 

10 hours ago, Tiltskillet said:

I'm guessing you're just basing this off stuff you've read or watched?

I based it on stuff I witnessed in-game.

The abilities seem boring and the grind is ridiculous.

6 hours ago, (XBOX)K1jker said:

How rude.. 

4 hours ago, Psianide73 said:

I honestly don't know why he's here. If I felt that negatively about a game I wouldn't play it, simple as that.

People are strange.

Well excuse me for wanted something better than endless timegates and grindwalls.

And I never claimed the game was bad. I claimed that recent additions were bad. That's a difference.

God forbid I have my own opinion on things.