The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! Ɨ

36 minutes ago, Pakaku said:

Well, Yareli was built for this sort of thingā€¦ I couldnā€™t imagine trying to navigate standard maps on a K-Drive without all of the immense QoL buffs Merulina got

And even beyond that, she is unfortunately severely buggy explicitly when Merulina is involved. Until they can resolve it for Yareli, I'd rather they hold off on giving it to everyone else.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, TheBlackAce21 said:

Please let us use K-Drives in all missions.

Sincerely,

All of us.

Ā 

P.S. I may just want to feel like a skater kid blowing through Grineer factories. šŸ˜…

Yeah, of course. It will be super impractical and clumsy, but I see literally no reason not to have this. If people dont like it, dont friggin use it.

Edited by MaxTunnerX

Oui

Ā 

Il y a 1 heure, Flannoit a ditĀ :

Until they can resolve it for Yareli, I'd rather they hold off on giving it to everyone else.

Fun fact :Ā A proper K-drive (and archwing) can free you from el famoso moonwalk bug.

Ā 

Also: Juice.

-_-

No thanks.

It's a space ninja game not a skater game. Don't kill the vibe.

I don't mind that it has k-drives as a side thing, but it should NOT be part of the main thing, and for this reason I dislike Yareli and also rather dislike the Kaithe summon. Stay on theme plz, that's what we signed up for and what we're here for.

• Like 2

Please DE:

Fix K-drive first. Allow more weapons and functions, and give us an actual reason to use K-drives in the first place, maybe even take the time to program the functions of our Abilities into the K-drive movement system.

Second fix the Tile Sets so that they don't have ridiculously small doors. Merulina has a custom model and height from the ground specifically to try and fit through doors and it doesn't work on half the tiles in the game, so we know you'll have to do that.

And then, only then, do what OP asks.

Because I could not take the whining and complaining that would happen throughout the player base if you just allowed K-drives in regular missions without having done those other two things first.

3 hours ago, TheBlackAce21 said:

All of us.

Whoa whoa whoa. What's this 'all' nonsense?

How are you gonna feel like a skater without rails to grind on? That's the reason Vallis has guardrails, The Drift has bits of roadway and tendrils, and The Plains was redone to include downed trees everywhere. I'm not even a skater and I can see these things there and the lack of them in most mission tiles. Aside from the ton of work of adding rails to normal missions for this purpose, that would horrible screw up bullet jumping and sliding through missions. You'd get caught on them all the time like the lips above lots of doorways already get in the way.

No thanks.

• Like 2

Yareliā€™s the go-to for that sort of thing, and I love the k-drive (and Yareli) but can understand why itā€™s not always available due to limits of the environment (though I can get a few grinds going, itā€™s just pretty tricksy)

hace 11 horas, CrownOfShadows dijo:

-_-

No thanks.

It's a space ninja game not a skater game. Don't kill the vibe.

I don't mind that it has k-drives as a side thing, but it should NOT be part of the main thing, and for this reason I dislike Yareli and also rather dislike the Kaithe summon. Stay on theme plz, that's what we signed up for and what we're here for.

This game stopped being about space ninjas a long time ago.

• Like 1

On 2024-01-16 at 4:50 PM, Hobie-wan said:

Whoa whoa whoa. What's this 'all' nonsense?

How are you gonna feel like a skater without rails to grind on? That's the reason Vallis has guardrails, The Drift has bits of roadway and tendrils, and The Plains was redone to include downed trees everywhere. I'm not even a skater and I can see these things there and the lack of them in most mission tiles. Aside from the ton of work of adding rails to normal missions for this purpose, that would horrible screw up bullet jumping and sliding through missions. You'd get caught on them all the time like the lips above lots of doorways already get in the way.

No thanks.

Sounds like a skill issue šŸ™ƒ

Ā 

To be honest though, I do agree some under the hood work would need to be done to make this fun but the potential is there for some seriously dumb fun and at the end of the day, I'm here for that.

Maybe if you could mod Merulina with K drive mods, which may be studied for Yareli Prime, though I doubt it.

K drives are fairly clunky and rigid, Merulina has the dodge roll that's a huge improvement from standard K drive movement, but it does not fix every issue regarding acceleration, turn rate and the like.

Ā 

I'm fine with the concept of K drives being used anywhere, but its handling needs to be fine tuned for the "anywhere" in question, namely tight corridors.

Ā 

But overall I'd say certain tilesets are really not suited to it, namely those of Eris, Uranus, Europa and even Ceres to a lesser extent; you can observe this much by playing Yareli and trying to move only riding Merulina. Probably rework all of that to better implement k drive usage later?

Ā 

That being said, I think it's not an awful idea, considering the more recent tilesets (sanctum anatomica, zariman, corpus ship 2.0) have wider rooms overall. (Also they're planning to update the collision structure of many tiles so as to not get stuck as easily, so it would help)

4 hours ago, RyllusPurple said:

Yareli still cannot use K drive mods. As someone who liked waverider, that's a serious let down.

What K-drive mods would you even use in mission?

There's about three that are useful, several that would be counter-productive due to the confined spaces, and the rest would have absolutely no effect.

Why not just buff Merulina to have those few functions that are useful?

I think that it would be more productive to add more gamemodes or areas speciifically for the K-Drive instead of shoehorning them into the base game.

Maybe a race against Kela's Executioners in a Rathuum-styled K-Drive Death race? With guns! And explosives.

Imagine a very violent Mario Kart

22 hours ago, StrawberrySparrow said:

I think that it would be more productive to add more gamemodes or areas speciifically for the K-Drive instead of shoehorning them into the base game.

Maybe a race against Kela's Executioners in a Rathuum-styled K-Drive Death race? With guns! And explosives.

Imagine a very violent Mario Kart

Juice, Quick Escape, Inertia Dampeners, and Cold Arrival would make merulina immensely powerful alone. That's unlimited energy for tapping spacebar a couple times.
Now imagine those broken element mods being applied to Yareli's other abiltities.

Edited by RyllusPurple
mis quote

2 hours ago, RyllusPurple said:

Juice, Quick Escape, Inertia Dampeners, and Cold Arrival would make merulina immensely powerful alone. That's unlimited energy for tapping spacebar a couple times.
Now imagine those broken element mods being applied to Yareli's other abiltities.

Yeah...

Quick Escape is already part of Merulina. It's a couple of seconds shorter, but it's already there and charges up Merulina like Iron Skin or Warding Halo. She also gets a second of invulnerability on dismount.

Juice would make the whole thing more powerful, especially combo with Inertia Dampeners, but... seriously? When you can have energy regen from your Focus or even just from the combo of her 4 and Emergence Dissipate, or have farmed the last event/Loid for Energise, or any of the options we have for energy regen? On top of that, requiring a player to stop using their gun and do K-drive tricks while indoors, which I've tested out and is incredibly janky, often resulting in needing to Operator out of it or Unstuck...

And Cold Arrival, only 400 Cold Damage with no Status? That's absolutely useless. Especially when Yareli's 1 (modded with even normal Strength) does that on the first tick while also applying damage vulnerability. I am shocked at your inclusion of it. What's next?Ā 

Look, just buff Merulina to have a Juice function and you don't need to put mods on the thing.

None of the other mods would help her outside of the Orb Vallis. You came up with one good combo, one function she already has, and you can be forgiven for the other one... once...

Just buff Merulina to have that one function you want, and you don't have to worry about having 8 mod slots and only wanting 2 mods on there.

Ā 

1 hour ago, Birdframe_Prime said:

Yeah...

Quick Escape is already part of Merulina. It's a couple of seconds shorter, but it's already there and charges up Merulina like Iron Skin or Warding Halo. She also gets a second of invulnerability on dismount.

Juice would make the whole thing more powerful, especially combo with Inertia Dampeners, but... seriously? When you can have energy regen from your Focus or even just from the combo of her 4 and Emergence Dissipate, or have farmed the last event/Loid for Energise, or any of the options we have for energy regen? On top of that, requiring a player to stop using their gun and do K-drive tricks while indoors, which I've tested out and is incredibly janky, often resulting in needing to Operator out of it or Unstuck...

And Cold Arrival, only 400 Cold Damage with no Status? That's absolutely useless. Especially when Yareli's 1 (modded with even normal Strength) does that on the first tick while also applying damage vulnerability. I am shocked at your inclusion of it. What's next?Ā 

Look, just buff Merulina to have a Juice function and you don't need to put mods on the thing.

None of the other mods would help her outside of the Orb Vallis. You came up with one good combo, one function she already has, and you can be forgiven for the other one... once...

Just buff Merulina to have that one function you want, and you don't have to worry about having 8 mod slots and only wanting 2 mods on there.

I think the warframe with the built in k drive, should have access to k drive mods on it.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, RyllusPurple said:

I think the warframe with the built in k drive, should have access to k drive mods on it.

Okay, for what purpose?

You want the mods, but we've literally just pointed out how two of the three functions you want from the mods are either already on there in some form, or useless compared to basic gun and ability play.

And the one thing that the mods can do that isn't on there already could just be buffed onto Merulina.

What is the actual point of any of the other mods on Merulina?

Yeah, thematically, a K-drive should be able to use K-drive mods. But when all but one function of those mods is the equivalent of a wet, cold teabag to a coffee lover, what would be the point?

K-drive mods, and K-drive itself, would need a lot more functionality before I would be on your side. If there was a point for modding Merulina with K-drive mods, I'd agree with you.

But if all you want is to have that one, specific function? Or even the useless, low-damage mods? Just buff Merulina instead. It's a far simpler change, with no effort, and less risk of doing something like... I don't know... putting the bonus jump height mod on her, and then sticking Yareli's head to the ceiling for three seconds at a time because that's how the jump height mod works when you're under a ceiling.

To be clear:

If K-drive mods were good, I would say yeah.

Since all but three are not good, I say nah.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Birdframe_Prime said:

Yeah, thematically, a K-drive should be able to use K-drive mods. But when all but one function of those mods is the equivalent of a wet, cold teabag to a coffee lover, what would be the point?

This might be the funniest thing I seen all day. Ima go get some coffee.

• Like 1

On 2024-01-16 at 9:52 AM, TheBlackAce21 said:

Please let us use K-Drives in all missions.

Sincerely,

All of us.

Ā 

P.S. I may just want to feel like a skater kid blowing through Grineer factories. šŸ˜…

Please don't volunteer "all of us" to this asinine request.Ā 

• Like 2